Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1031 1032 [1033] 1034 1035 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3941954 times)

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 9: The Curse of Ivan Continues.
« Reply #15480 on: July 31, 2013, 02:53:08 am »

A lone sniffle over the radio is the only answer as Bishop keeps slowly walking. He certainly seems to be feeling down.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #15481 on: July 31, 2013, 02:59:01 am »

((Oh dear... This is not going to go down well...))
((What gave you that idea, the fact that this is ER?))
((I keep being reminded of that game, called "Trauma: Life in the ER". :P))

"No wait, that can't be right... can it? These should at least have some degree of redundancy... damn. I could sure use that exploded view from VR Tinker right about now."

Take the pad again, and see if I had any schematics for the prosthesis downloaded. Try to sketch down a plan to reconstruct the right leg again. ((Once more unto the breach... well, if I fail this time I am officially out of in-character reasons to keep trying. Let's hope it works! ^_^))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #15482 on: July 31, 2013, 06:24:31 am »

corsair hears a loud boom from the garage "what the HELL.... WHO WHAT IDIOT!" *opens radio channel* "ARE YOU TRYING TO DO MORE DAMAGE THAN MORUL!?" Michael looks out where bishop has started walking and follows him feeling like one of the only competent people on the mission
follow bishop
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15483 on: July 31, 2013, 07:43:17 am »

((The guy tries to have some time alone, and immediately several people begin to follow him. I really feel for Bishop.))
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #15484 on: July 31, 2013, 07:44:28 am »

"There was a door? I though it got blown up. I'm not even sure we put a front door in when we foxed it. I think."

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15485 on: July 31, 2013, 09:14:00 am »

To Miyamoto (I assume my teammates have updated my on the situation): "Welcome back, Dear Leader. Unfortunately, my radio wasn't working well at the time you were making your speech, and I've spent the entirety of this time messing with my radio and my suit, only fixing it now. Could you restate, or send me a recording of your speech? Thank you."

'Sure, no problem' he says, as he sends his message again.

Radio channel to Jack: 'Jack, What the hell?! Who gave you the idea that learning to fly a shuttle, unassisted, while we're already in such a fragile situation was a good idea? Get that shuttle back here RIGHT NOW and land outside the base, then help us with fixing this broken mess. Again.'

"Helooooo? Can you heeeear me? Little Timmyyy fell down the weeeell! Damnit, where's Laddie the robodog when you need him..."

Channel to Flint: 'Oh for the love of god Flint, what are you even doing there? And on your own, too? I specifically said people aren't supposed to leave the base hex on your own for precisely this reason. Ugh. I'll send Lukas over as soon as I can, hang tight and don't do anything rash.

Flint, I know you mean well, but damn, this isn't the first time you find yourself in a sticky situation you put yourself in. You have to start being more careful man, or at least more deliberate in your actions.
Because otherwise one day you might find yourself between Scylla and Charybdis, without anyone capable or willing to come bail you out...'

Quote from: To: Miyamoto
While I do agree about Morul, if I have to lead this team, there's going to be a fair delay while I finish up what I have to do here, namely, cleaning up my lab. The sample of the metafluid did a lot of damage in there, even if the big crystal of it's apparent explosion didn't.

Quote from: To : Simus
Seeing how Flint got himself stuck in a hole he dug himself of all things, and Lukas will be needed to fix the garage door again, I'm afraid you're the only one capable right now to lead red team. I'll make it up to you by working on the lab once this wall here is finished.

Lukas keeps bothering Bishop.

"Are you okay Bishop? You know...We can always kill him and fix the wall again. Anyway, could you fix my radio? I almost fried myself when I tried to do it."

'Let's let him have some time alone now, okay? Come here, I'll try to fix your radio. Could you then please grab some rope and go pull Flint out of his hole? Thanks buddy.'

Fix Lukas' radio, then try to see if we can fix the wall again with what we have.

Quote from:  To Bishop
I feel sorry for your loss. You had done a good job on that wall, it's a shame this bullcrap happened. I'll help you fix it again, you can even use Gilgamesh if you want. Just try not to tear Jack limb from limb; okay?

If Morul asks me for his goggles, say following:
'Oh right, forgot I had those. Not sure where I left them, and as you can see I'm busy right now. You know what? If you play along nicely, I'll give them back to you once you return from your team's next patrol duty.'
« Last Edit: July 31, 2013, 09:26:38 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15486 on: July 31, 2013, 09:39:55 am »

Who gave you the idea that learning to fly a shuttle, unassisted, while we're already in such a fragile situation was a good idea?
((Wasn't me. :D Nope, totally wasn't me at all.))

Quote from: Miyamoto
'Okay people, it's time to resume what we were send here for in the first place, and map this rock.

First up is team blue, which is Vichislav, Denzel, Lars and Zephyris. You'll be continuing as you are, and explore sectors 32, 13, 14, 15, 27, 42 and all the sectors below those. Normally, Lars would be in command of this group, but since he's a bit... injured right now, Vich will be squad leader for the time being. You think you're up for that?
Remember guys, your job is to explore and map out, the in-depth experimentation can wait untill we've 'filled the map' so to speak.

I'd like you all to get moving in about [3 real-life days], so finish what you were doing and get prepared.

(Send this after Miyamoto stops yelling at everyone. Obviously.) "I understand and am absolutely up for that.

One thing you might want to know is that we picked up a signal from the Flint's drone to the West of that Sand Storm. And that means the second half of the Black Domes, which means the second half of the shuttle we found lying in the crystal field. We couldn't reach it due to the Sand Storm, because we apparently picked the wrong way to go if we wanted it to end. However, it might be in our best interests to try to reach it, both because we might be able to scavenge something or reveal something about this place, and because searching for it will give us a purpose when wandering this planetoid. If we decide to pursue it, I would recommend going through the passage between the Black Domes and the Towers.

One additional thing that is important, is for no one to enter the red circle between the Sand Storm and the Black Domes. It pretty much equals certain death by being pierced a thousand times."
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #15487 on: July 31, 2013, 10:14:13 am »

"Sure thing, but if I were you, I would keep an eye on Bishop for now. He really seemed to love that wall, and I don't know what he will do if Jack returns."

Have radio fixed by Miyamoto, then grab some rope and help Flint to get out of his hole.
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #15488 on: July 31, 2013, 10:36:20 am »

All right. If I recall, it's not terribly damaged, but power might be an issue considering what the metafluid sample did in there. Also, I'll go with Lukas to pull Flint out of his own hole, but I do hope he didn't manage to break his exosuit again, I just helped him repair it earlier.

Wait on Lukas, then go and assist in pulling Flint out of his hole, as well as any sample he got.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #15489 on: July 31, 2013, 11:23:10 am »

((Well, I got a 6+2 overshoot with that laser, so in OOC terms, you should be glad nobody was with me at the time.
Also, I like how everyone is treating the destroyed garage wall, like a person just died.

And I have a theory about the shuttle. If you remember (or have checked my notes), the precursor team leader left with his shuttle going north, intent on discovering what's beyond the edge of our assigned area. So why would his shuttle appear southwest? The only plausible answer I can think of (as I have noted in my notes) is that an effect similar to the black domes surrounds our assigned area. While attempting to escape the border he was probably blinded by the sandstorm and didn't notice the black domes. While his ship was passing through the north side of the dome-wall and arriving somewhere else, a shimmer-vibrate event occurred and cut his shuttle in half. Without engines, he probably fell to his death. Since different objects entering the domes at the same entry point exit at different locations the drone and the front half of the shuttle should actually be at different locations, unless we've been incredibly lucky for some reason. The only thing I find intriguing is that the drone seems to be stationary. So either by some lucky break it has managed to lodge itself in a rock or something or the sandstorm gets weaker further out. Too bad nobody in blue team thought to look through the drone's cameras...))

"Hey, my bloody legs ummm... fell off. So blame the manufacturer. If I had my 'landing gear', I'd be back by now, with a nice slab of high energy resistant wall. Which we might need for the garage, from what I've been hearing."
« Last Edit: July 31, 2013, 11:30:27 am by Parisbre56 »

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15490 on: July 31, 2013, 01:08:55 pm »

((Bishop was very proud of his work as it was his first time ever making part of a building, one which had to hold up in vacuum as well, and he got it right the first time around. And then an idiot flew a shuttle right through his hard work right in front of him.

And it's not the garage wall that might die at this rate...))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #15491 on: July 31, 2013, 02:36:26 pm »

((Bishop's reaction is golden.))

"Accursed *sputter* technology!"

Fix the damn radio for real this time.

"Brother Mesk, about that surgery... could you please not use your foot?"
[aux:4]
You finally manage to repair your radio and reset the suit.

To Miyamoto (I assume my teammates have updated my on the situation): "Welcome back, Dear Leader. Unfortunately, my radio wasn't working well at the time you were making your speech, and I've spent the entirety of this time messing with my radio and my suit, only fixing it now. Could you restate, or send me a recording of your speech? Thank you."

To Team: "Thank you Denzel, thank you Zephy. What happened was that my suit shut down when I tried to fix my radio. Should teach me not to mess with it, not that I ever learn. We should continue exploring now I assume, unless something happened while I was out."

(Resubmitting my action:) How exactly do the fog and radio distortions intersect? How do the storm and the fog intersect?
Is it a rapid transition?

If I need the following action to better answer the questions above, go into the radio distortion square, and observe from there.

Would it be possible to follow the Dust Storm by going through the Static area, between the fog and the storm? I mean, we would still be able to see, right? And even if the Static area doesn't exist between the fog and the storm, but the fog is lighter, would it still be possible for us to follow through there without the threat of getting lost?

-The static seems to be the sort of harbinger of the storm. It extends out in front of the storm but also exists in the storm itself, even stronger.

-Nope.

-Not really. It's somewhat near, but that static area has no physical component so there's a big enough gap.

-You could probably go through the static without hitting storm or fog.

((That..was unexpected.))

"We should of put a door in the garage."

Regain control. Fly back to base!
[aux:1+1]
You can't get control! It's spiraling down now, just a blur of quickly approaching stone. At best, you're going to pull this out into a crash landing, at worst, you're gonna send it nose first into the ground.

"Helooooo? Can you heeeear me? Little Timmyyy fell down the weeeell! Damnit, where's Laddie the robodog when you need him..."

Keep getting those dynamic bonuses. Be glad I have supplies and nothing is slowly filling up the hole or trying to kill me.

However, I will say in his defense that repairing the garage without first figuring out a way for a shuttle to exit it but through the roof was not a good long-term decision.
((Well, there's the door. He could have used THAT. Seems like the HMRC has trouble using doors. Among other things.))
You continue to sit around in the hole, considering your situation and charging your brain.

"Uhhhhh. How? What? Dammit. Do we have any spare helmets?'

Consider the probability of horrible death if I just use patches to sorta tape it together. Consider other ways to repair helmet.
[int:3]
Probably not the best idea to use duct tape, but you can't really think of a good way to fix this...

((Don't think I would've seen the whole bit of Morul dragging him there. In fact, I don't think I would even know that the two were alone together.))

Find and collect Auron's helmet, then get about attaching his thermal camera to it. Don't bother with programming for compatibility, that's his end of the operation, just wire it up.
[handi:6]
You wire in an outrageous number of cameras. His head looks like a goddamn poppy seed bagel.
((Hooray for magical camera cloning. I only gave simus 2 cameras, one for me and one for her. The rest are still in my footlocker. :P))

retrieve and wear my helmet.
save a copy of the thermal optics program as it stands and begin modifying the original to incorporate the additional cameras to form a thermal radar and only use the two cameras installed over my eyes to form the thermal view filter.

Grab a roboarm (preferably one with a spare of the same orientation) and use it to replace mr limpy's missing leg, have mesk help if hes not busy.

You put on your helmet, looking a lot like a single compound eye.

You save a copy of the program and attempt to rewrite it to use your dozens of cameras, among other things.
[aux:1+1]
Nope.

Also, are you sure you want to do that? Are you sure you want to potentially waste a perfectly good arm on giving Mr.Blackeye a not so perfectly anything leg?

Quote from: Message to Simus
I knew you'd prefer to stay here, but I'm not sure Lukas is the right man for this job right now. He's not the type of person that would force his authority over someone else. Normally that wouldn't be a problem, but with Morul... After his little stunt with the shuttle, I'm not sure what to think of him. I can't really punish him now that he's lost his memory, but if opposing orders and forcing his ideas upon a situation is a personality trait of him, it'd be good to have someone stern to keep an eye on him. Still, I'll ask Lukas about it, see what he thinks. Or Flint could do it, maybe.

While I do agree about Morul, if I have to lead this team, there's going to be a fair delay while I finish up what I have to do here, namely, cleaning up my lab. The sample of the metafluid did a lot of damage in there, even if the big crystal of it's apparent explosion didn't.

Give the helmet back to Auron, he shouldn't complain about having extra cameras. Then get to the lab and survey the damage.

The lab is only mildly damaged now, just the holes that thing punched in the wall an a bit of electrical rewiring that needs to be done. Mostly cosmetic, to be honest.

Bishop is motionless for a good few moments before finally standing up and turning back towards the umbilical door he had just fixed, trying not to look where his wall used to be. He manages a few shaky steps forward before he has the presence of mind to open a radio channel.

"You... You...

Death is... too good for the likes of you... You..."

A few heavy breaths.

"I'm going to walk out of this garage now, trying not to look behind me at the functional door you could have used. I'm going to walk out, find some pliers and a diagram of the human body, and then sit quietly for a bit. Thinking. About. Things.

I think I need a hug."

Walk out, find the above mentioned objects and a nice quiet place to sit, and then sit there. Thinking. About. Things.

You walk outside and sit down on a stone. You spend a long time thinking about exactly which parts you would want to pull out of Jack with a pair of pliers.

You content yourself with the fact that soon he'll probably be dead. Or hopefully mangled.

((What gave you that idea, the fact that this is ER?))
((I keep being reminded of that game, called "Trauma: Life in the ER". :P))

"No wait, that can't be right... can it? These should at least have some degree of redundancy... damn. I could sure use that exploded view from VR Tinker right about now."

Take the pad again, and see if I had any schematics for the prosthesis downloaded. Try to sketch down a plan to reconstruct the right leg again. ((Once more unto the breach... well, if I fail this time I am officially out of in-character reasons to keep trying. Let's hope it works! ^_^))
[Aux:4]
Hmm. You're pretty sure that using a left leg for a right leg isn't the best idea. The musculature is reversed, as are the nerves. You could probably get it to function, but it's gonna need some pretty big modifications and even then you might have...neurological side effects.

But it could work, and thats what matters, right?

'Sure, no problem' he says, as he sends his message again.

Radio channel to Jack: 'Jack, What the hell?! Who gave you the idea that learning to fly a shuttle, unassisted, while we're already in such a fragile situation was a good idea? Get that shuttle back here RIGHT NOW and land outside the base, then help us with fixing this broken mess. Again.'

Channel to Flint: 'Oh for the love of god Flint, what are you even doing there? And on your own, too? I specifically said people aren't supposed to leave the base hex on your own for precisely this reason. Ugh. I'll send Lukas over as soon as I can, hang tight and don't do anything rash.

Flint, I know you mean well, but damn, this isn't the first time you find yourself in a sticky situation you put yourself in. You have to start being more careful man, or at least more deliberate in your actions.
Because otherwise one day you might find yourself between Scylla and Charybdis, without anyone capable or willing to come bail you out...'

Quote from: To : Simus
Seeing how Flint got himself stuck in a hole he dug himself of all things, and Lukas will be needed to fix the garage door again, I'm afraid you're the only one capable right now to lead red team. I'll make it up to you by working on the lab once this wall here is finished.

Lukas keeps bothering Bishop.

"Are you okay Bishop? You know...We can always kill him and fix the wall again. Anyway, could you fix my radio? I almost fried myself when I tried to do it."

'Let's let him have some time alone now, okay? Come here, I'll try to fix your radio. Could you then please grab some rope and go pull Flint out of his hole? Thanks buddy.'

Fix Lukas' radio, then try to see if we can fix the wall again with what we have.

Quote from:  To Bishop
I feel sorry for your loss. You had done a good job on that wall, it's a shame this bullcrap happened. I'll help you fix it again, you can even use Gilgamesh if you want. Just try not to tear Jack limb from limb; okay?

If Morul asks me for his goggles, say following:
'Oh right, forgot I had those. Not sure where I left them, and as you can see I'm busy right now. You know what? If you play along nicely, I'll give them back to you once you return from your team's next patrol duty.'
[Aux:6+1]

You tap around in Lukas' head for a few seconds. He twitches for a second and stands perfectly still. Hmm...

"Sure thing, but if I were you, I would keep an eye on Bishop for now. He really seemed to love that wall, and I don't know what he will do if Jack returns."

Have radio fixed by Miyamoto, then grab some rope and help Flint to get out of his hole.
As Miyamoto pokes away in your head your vision flips to red.

"PREPARING OMNICIDE MODE"  flashes up in your vision.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #15492 on: July 31, 2013, 02:37:50 pm »

Pull up!

((God damm you RNG!))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #15493 on: July 31, 2013, 02:46:30 pm »

((I'm suddenly glad I'm nowhere near the base. Or any of you, really. The RNG works in mysterious ways...))

Keep getting dynamic bonuses. Check the sample of flatground I got and the flatground around me. Does it remain flat?
((@GM:There's a chance I'll have limited or no internet access for the next two to three weeks. If I can't post for that time, can I assume I take the time to completely fix my exosuit and robolegs? Assuming people don't just destroy the planet while I'm sleeprepairing.))

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15494 on: July 31, 2013, 02:54:36 pm »

As Miyamoto pokes away in your head your vision flips to red.

"PREPARING OMNICIDE MODE"  flashes up in your vision.
((Oh dear. Goodbye, rest of the base. So much trouble because of some frigging radios.))

"Okay, here's what we're going to do. We're going to go through the static area between the fog and the Storm, keeping more to the fog's side. I don't foresee us having any problems, but just in case we hit a rough patch, we should tie a rope around and between ourselves, so that if one of us goes flying, the rest can support him."

Connect us with ropes tied around our waists, going from me to Denzel to Zephyris. Then go through the static area, keeping more to the side of the fog then the storm.

Pages: 1 ... 1031 1032 [1033] 1034 1035 ... 1256