Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1027 1028 [1029] 1030 1031 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3943115 times)

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 9: Blue Screen of Death
« Reply #15420 on: July 29, 2013, 08:38:30 am »

((Then you failed that roll so badly that you powered down your exosuit as well. :P
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
))
« Last Edit: July 29, 2013, 08:43:18 am by Sean Mirrsen »
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #15421 on: July 29, 2013, 08:46:36 am »

((I think it makes sense for them to be linked, kinda like hooking up a computer to your car. Sure, the computer isn't necessary for the car to function but it does offer increased control over the car's features. And if you somehow manage to make an enormous mistake you might screw both your car and your computer.

Although I like Sean's theory of you extending a field of epic fail around you better. :D))
« Last Edit: July 29, 2013, 08:48:20 am by Parisbre56 »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #15422 on: July 29, 2013, 11:49:17 am »

(This actually gives me an idea for a game...)

((you mean the going in and out of coma's? Could be an interesting thing to work with. Like, say a player goes to another 'dimension'/state of mind/whatever when his char loses consciousness and has to do stuff there in order to awake again. Very Inceptiony.))

Reset radio, then help Flint with repairing/improving his suit's legs, or help Bishop with the garage door. If neither need help, don my spess suit, go to Gilgamesh and clean up the cockpit.

((I'll work out a plan once I've come to grips with the current situation more. Idea right now would be to have 2 teams of 3-4 peeps exploring, including the one currently BSODing, while the rest continues repairs or heals up. Once base is reasonably operational again, another exploration team until the whole map has been exposed. After that, we'll see.))
[aux:3+1]
You reset your radio before going to the garage to lend a hand to Bishop. Hopefully your combined brain power can figure out how to work a door.

((Which choice has the lowest chance of crashing?))

try to fix the radio again.
(someone teaching you)
[aux:4+1]
Done and done. Everything works again. It's like you're a whole new man. Or rather, like you're the same man but with a working radio.

"I suppose that wasn't supposed to happen, was it? Ah well. I'll take that clip back now."

Loot clip off of the poor bugger, go ask around for who took my goggles. Also drag Auron to the new medbay which is in the barracks.

"The universe appears to be on my side today." You say as you loot your ammo off auron's body. Once you're locked and loaded, you  grab auron by the feet and drag him to the barracks. You throw him down near mesk and then walk off without a word.

((Vich, I have a -1 to Aux. I hope this works.))

"Vich? You okay? Is it your suit? You? What's up?"

Ask the paperweight if they know how to work suits (read- does the paperweight have Aux skill?)- if they do, have them check Vich out and try to help him if needed, if not, I'll try it.
You slap Zeph on the back of the head and point at Vich. It takes a few times before she wanders over and starts working.

[zeph aux:1+1]

She sort of bumps into Vich over and over, arms flailing helplessly at her sides. Not terribly helpful.

"Oh hell radio's shot"
fix radio
[aux:4]
You fix your radio. It's fairly easy. You can't honestly figure out how some people can fuck it up so terribly.

((Note: Morgue was in the medbay. Medbay is almost completely destroyed.))

Part of why I'm here, after all. And don't call me that.

Find Auron, and if he's in a pressurized environment, request his helmet so I can install the thermal camera.
You find Auron in the barracks, but it's hard to request anything from him, since he's unconscious. He smells like ozone and burnt hair.

Also drag Auron to the medbay.
((Please note that medbay is now inside the barracks.))

Awaken and wait for simus to finish helmet modification, help others fix their radios provided they are in pressurised environments.

If helmet is returned this turn, upload thermal optics program and help anyone with their radios.

[end:2]
You continue to impersonate a doorstop.

((Oh no, Mesk is about to go all... Mesk.... on poor Lars! Someone stop that madman! Also, some people should have known better to try and mess with their suit when they have penalties to their Aux rolls... Oh dear.

And I would LOVE to see such a game by you Piecewise. I would play that in a heartbeat.))

Fix my troublesome radio and then get back to work on the door.
(Maybe I'll throw together a very simple one off style game of that with a few players. And if it is well received, expand the rules and publish them somewheres)

[aux:4+1]
You fix your radio! Yay you!

[Handi:3+1+1]

With Miyamoto's help you manage to get the door back into place correctly. A few test runs shows that it is working perfectly. It took a while and a great deal of embarrassment, but you pulled it off in the end.

((Yeah, here I go expecting a radio reset to be an easy and a quick thing to do. Nope. ::) An Aux roll. And yes, Zephy has a bonus to that.

Also, good to see the return of Mesk.))

Breath slowly, Vich, need to use the air as slowly as possible. I suppose this would be an ideal scary situation for most people, too bad I really have become disensitised to all sorts of horrors. But it really would be a fitting end for me, death due to my own incompetence in anything electronic.

Reminds me of a time our group at the University, those of us who could afford it, went for a trip to a nearby moon for a week. Was a lot of fun back then. And at one point we played a game in which we all turned off our suits, and the last 3 people to bail received special prices. I remember one was free drinks for a year, one was that the others would give the winner a car lift every morning. But my favorite one was when the others had to cook your meals for a month. Ah, it was a good game. Too bad we got one guy into hospital, and Matt had to fly him off on his shuttle. He wasn't too happy about that.

Ah, well, better to let the others know my predicament. Wouldn't want to be cooked alive today, would I?

One good thing about spending many years blind, was that Vich didn't need to see the the buttons to be able to type. So he grabbed his wrist-pad and began typing a message.

Quote from: Draft
I really suck at this.

I crashed my suit while trying to fix the radio. Can you fix it please?

After that, he raised his arm at an odd angle, showing the message to his teammtes.

Wait for my teammates to fix me. Breath slowly and conserve air. Try to open faceplate.

I support the use of Zephyris in this situation. She may be ballast and a paperweight, (?? How is it possible to be both?) but she surely has better bonuses than I do.

(Ballast is just weight. So is a paperweight. She can easily be both.)

Well, you can breath slowly, and relax, but thats about it. That exoskeleton is tied directly into the suit's computer (Unlike the exosuit that flint wears) and with it's pressure sensors off, it's not gonna move for you. And I seriously doubt that you, with your -1 str, are gonna be able to force it to bend.

Hopefully Zeph will stop being incompetent soon. Before you melt.

Attempt to fix my suit as well again.
[end:6]
You attempt to fix your computer, completely ignoring the pain and occasional bloody coughing fits.
[aux:3]
Well, you don't break it further, but you also can't figure out how to reset it. Hmm. Where would they stick that reset button...maybe there's one of those little holes that you need a tooth pick to poke into...

"Hehehe, okay, okay, relax girl. I was only messing with you, making a joke. I'm sorry. I'll call you Simus if it means that much to you. Anyway, thanks again for the help. I'll be on my way now..." Flint chuckled a bit and added You guys are so easy to mess with and have a bit of fun.

Spoiler: Useless RP (click to show/hide)

Restock and take my equipment. Go to the edge of sector 2's flatzone. Use mining laser, monorazor and robostrength to dig a hole on the normalground side of the border between normalground and flatground. Try to reach as deep as I can without reaching ridiculous depths to see how far below the flatground extends. Take a sample of flatground with my monorazor, preferably a large chunk.
[con:6+1+1]
Well, good news first. You manage to use your cutting laser to dig a nice deep shaft beside the flat zone. You discover that the "flatground" extends over a dozen feet down. You even manage to take a sample of it, through a combination of monorazor and just bashing at it with a rock.

Bad news. As you finish the cuts on your way down, you manage to drag the beam across your shins and sever straight through your new metal boots and your new metal legs. So now you're at the bottom of his shaft, nothing but a sawn off scientist trapped in a pit of his own design.

((Still doesn't explain why it would be connected to the suit. I bought them separately after all.))
((Think of it this way. It augments your strength, allowing you to handle heavy weights with your own arms. Try figuring out a way it can do this without being securely attached to your body.))

"Ugh. I feel like I'm missing a lot of good repairs going on. And like I'm missing a leg. Let's do somethng about it."

Take a good look at the leg prosthetics again, and figure out how to make a working full right leg out of a left leg and the lower part of a right one. Again.
[aux:3]

You're not entirely sure such a thing is even possible. I mean...they're opposites, surely the nerves and muscles and everything is the opposite too. Doesn't seem like the sort of thing you could just jury rig into functionality. You might just be better off with a peg leg.

Reset radio

"You guys were saying something?"

Help Bishop finish fixing the door, if we're still doing that.

[aux:4-1]
You succeed in not breaking the radio further, or electrocuting yourself, or crashing your suit's computer or any number of other horrible things. Really, considering how terribly some of these attempts to repair com's have been, your failure is outright miraculous in its lack of crippling side effects.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #15423 on: July 29, 2013, 12:09:41 pm »

((Lars would probably be better off letting his suit take care of him instead of Mesk.))

"Brother Mesk, how about actually healing now, please?"

Fix the damn radio, damn it.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #15424 on: July 29, 2013, 12:10:21 pm »

"Woohooo!....... Doh!
Universe, why do you hate me so much? You make me happy only to sink me into even deeper misery, making me rise so that my fall is greater."

Collect my legs (all 4 of them). Send an embarrassed report of success and foolishness and a request for help back to base. Tell them to bring winches. Or Lukas.

EDIT: How many dynamic bonuses can I rack up per turn? Since I might be down here a while I wanna start getting an Aux and Con bonus for rewiring my robolegs (hopefully it will be as easy as reattaching the same coloured wires) and reattaching them and the exosuit legs by melting the metal with a laser.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2013, 04:39:38 pm by Parisbre56 »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #15425 on: July 29, 2013, 12:11:18 pm »

((And booze.  Don't forget the... oh, WINCHES.  Never mind.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #15426 on: July 29, 2013, 12:13:32 pm »

Go learn to fly the shuttle alone. Slowly.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15427 on: July 29, 2013, 12:16:39 pm »

Go learn to fly the shuttle alone. Slowly.
(([6] You quickly learn what the acceleration controls are.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15428 on: July 29, 2013, 12:58:52 pm »

((Well, sure glad it wasn't Denzel rolling that. Because he would've probably killed me.))

"The universe appears to be on my side today." You say as you loot your ammo off auron's body. Once you're locked and loaded, you  grab auron by the feet and drag him to the barracks. You throw him down near mesk and then walk off without a word.
((Okay, I want everyone in the base to notice this. A man who shot our own shuttle was soon released and is now without any supervision.

At some point, he is alone with another man, the one who was one of the more enthusiastic ones about beating him up. Minutes later, he returns dragging the man's unconsious body, and grinning to himself. Totally not suspicious at all, right Simus?))

Hmm, this is beginning to get uncomfortable. I was never a fan of torture by heat. Maybe fire, but not heat.
Hopefully they can fix this soon.

Do the only thing I can do. Stand completelly immobile.
If my teammates manage to fix the suit, lie down and take a short rest.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2013, 01:01:15 pm by Thearpox »
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #15429 on: July 29, 2013, 01:00:32 pm »

Heal Lars (properly) and Auron.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15430 on: July 29, 2013, 01:06:24 pm »

be healed, if not healed wake up independantly.

Give simus my helmet to modify if she doesnt take it on her own.
Check roboarms and robolegs to see if they adhere to modular design similiar to synthflesh.
Upload thermal optics program to suit computer.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #15431 on: July 29, 2013, 01:08:24 pm »

((Don't think I would've seen the whole bit of Morul dragging him there. In fact, I don't think I would even know that the two were alone together.))

Find and collect Auron's helmet, then get about attaching his thermal camera to it. Don't bother with programming for compatibility, that's his end of the operation, just wire it up.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15432 on: July 29, 2013, 01:38:09 pm »

"Ok, thanks guys. Let me know if anything important needs to be fixed soon. I'm going to go check out the rest of the damage and see what we can fix."

Begin the whole base inspection of damage, making a list on my wrist computer to keep track. See what computer hardware can be salvaged or ideally fixed back to working order.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15433 on: July 29, 2013, 04:07:04 pm »

"Ah, back to normal. Now, where are my goggles?"

Search/ask around to figure out where my goggles are. Whether or not I find them, head to the barracks and take my suit off, then fix the radio.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15434 on: July 29, 2013, 05:26:46 pm »

"Come on, Zeph. I know you're a paperweight, but stop screwing around. Work."

Send Zeph to work on Vich again. Help only if I can actually assist.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.
Pages: 1 ... 1027 1028 [1029] 1030 1031 ... 1256