Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1010 1011 [1012] 1013 1014 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3941729 times)

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 9: From Bad to Worse
« Reply #15165 on: July 13, 2013, 07:06:18 am »

Wonder how the hell I managed to weld a door closed without intending to even stop at the door.

Okay, Lukas, medbay option is out. It looks like I managed to weld it's door shut on my way to cut a hole in the wall for you to get in through. Don't ask me how, I don't know. However, there's still the Conference room, which is damaged and in vacuum, but the door there still works.

Cut a hole in the wall of the Conference room (and the remaining Garage wall if needed) big enough for Gilgamesh. I don't think we were planning on ever using it anyways.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #15166 on: July 13, 2013, 12:44:45 pm »

Auto-repair/assist.

(Gonna be away for the weekend.)
Mesk pushes the button on his forehead that says 'Autopilot' and begins slowly beeping and booping around the room, repeating the phrase "I AM HERE TO ASSIST. PLEASE INSERT ORDERS OR DAMAGED ORGANIC MATTER."

((... Do consider that my action had nothing to do with the door. It had to do with cutting a Gilgamesh-sized hole in a wall. I can't see how it's possible to weld a door shut, even with a crit fail, if I'm not working anywhere near to it anyways.))

I consider it to be like this: You're walking out to cut up the hallway so that Lukas can get close to the door. On your way there, you suffer a mild stroke and begin performing a handiwork action on the nearest object, the door. Would you rather I have had you lop off a limb? Because that armor won't protect you from your own self inflicted injuries.

((That was really funny. It doesn't make any In-Universe sense, and it pretty embarassing, but is really funny.

To Flint: Because I forget that they are not mushrooms.))

Fine. Get Zephy, then
                                head to the sector NorthWest of the fog, and West of the Teleportation Mushrooms Domes, making a detour (if we need it) to the shuttle to resuply, and mapping the fog sector limits in the process.

"By the way, Lars, I was wondering. Why did you call that murderous mist in the last mission "Sharkmist"? Didn't see any sharks in there, and while I skimmed the mission logs, I must have missed the reason."
Well, people going completely unresponsive in universe doesn't really make sense either. I was just wondering exactly what that must look like, in universe. People just standing there, completely still, staring forward with a blank expression. Oh well

You gather up your team mate and head northwest, toward the area beyond the black gap. You stop near the boarder, noticing something far, far away; probably near the center of the area. It looks like a mass of ink suspended in water; just a glob of floating, slowly churning darkness.

((May I ask why you're calling the domes mushrooms?))

Prepare to weld a strong looking handhold like piece of metal to the door.

You grab some spare metal and prepare to weld yourself a yanking handle in the center of the door. You're not really sure how well it will work, especially with your inability to yank very well-losing the ability to stand is a real bitch- but maybe if it's strong enough, lukas can do it for you if you fail.

"I did not think this through!" Bishop yells as he takes to the air.

Fly over the umbilical and try pushing against the top part of it at one end with my exoskeleton and rockets pushing against it to turn it around. Once it's turned, then start slowing it down by moving ahead and piling up large rocks for it to roll over. DON'T get pulled under the stupid thing!
[aux:6+1]

Slow and deliberate actions resulting in a desired outcome? FUCK THAT NOISE!

You fly off, grab a giant rock and proceed to use your mechanically aided strength to spike the rock straight into the umbilical and forcefully pin it in place.

"MK III's FUCK YEAH!"

Then you give yourself a high five.

Follow the Leader 3: The Following

Lars nodded.  "A teammated was able to conclude that the alien mist was shark-based.  It was grey and ate things, so obviously sharks.  And aliens.  In a mist.  Amen."

((I actually had to look up who started that one.))
"Now, this is just me...but I say we shove Zeph in there first. I mean, she's good looking and all, but I'm pretty sure Mesk replaced her brain with a clock radio or something. I mean, " You wave your hand in front of her face, "We might as well pin a 'sorry, we're closed' sign on her chest"

"Oh well, happens to the best of us... I'll just go help somewhere else."

Assist with moving wall sections to the garage for repair, or if there's not a bridge over the crater, start laying out pieces to make one.
There is a bridge of sorts, mostly revolving around climbing a ladder up to the roof and using it to cross, but hey, it works.

You start moving large sections of metal over to the garage and stacking them up in neat piles for later use. There's something to be said for simple manual labor; it's a calming experience, comparatively.

"GOD DAMMIT BISHOP! WE NEED THAT!"

Go help Bishop stop the umbilical.
You catch up with the Umbilical just in time to see Bishop spike a 12 foot shard of stone through it.

"Well...I guess that works."

Go fix things in the garage.
The wall or the vehicles? Wall is handiwork, Vehicles are aux and handi, depending.

sort through the electricals and try to find a few thermal cameras.

If found take them to my footlocker and wait for simus to get her shit together before heading to whetever theyve taken gilgamesh.

[int:5]
You manage to dig the cameras out of the mess without much trouble. Goddamn people really need to learn the importance of proper organization. You, for instance, keep all your rubble in neat alphabetized folders in a filing cabinet. Speaking of which, you take the cameras to the barracks and huck them in your footlocker before joining simus at the scene of her most recent brain hemorrhage.

"Michael to bishop over: Base is uber-fucked, and I am trapped outside, roger roger, "
Report to bishop, meander around being useful
You wander into the garage and look around. Hmm, ships need fixing. So does that wall.  Or I could go explore the conference room. No one seems to have been in there recently.

Wonder how the hell I managed to weld a door closed without intending to even stop at the door.

Okay, Lukas, medbay option is out. It looks like I managed to weld it's door shut on my way to cut a hole in the wall for you to get in through. Don't ask me how, I don't know. However, there's still the Conference room, which is damaged and in vacuum, but the door there still works.

Cut a hole in the wall of the Conference room (and the remaining Garage wall if needed) big enough for Gilgamesh. I don't think we were planning on ever using it anyways.
You wander over to the conference room and, after squeezing through the door, find a surprisingly pleasing sight. The Conference room looks like it got hit with bowling ball buck shot; it's been so torn to hell and back that it's pretty much nothing but a metal box filled with bits of shrapnel. With Lukas' help and a bit of nearly foolproof cutting, you manage to slice away most of the east wall and let bot the giant robots into the room.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #15167 on: July 13, 2013, 01:33:47 pm »

Fix the wall.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15168 on: July 13, 2013, 03:40:31 pm »

"Right. Remind me not to piss you off. So, uh, what next?"

Assist Bishop with the umbilical.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15169 on: July 13, 2013, 06:33:09 pm »

prepare tools for leg replacement.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #15170 on: July 13, 2013, 07:30:48 pm »

((I just remembered I have a -1 in handiwork, so I'm not trusting myself with this. Let's do something useful...))

Detach my rocket pods from the exosuit and attach them to my mark 2. EDIT: Oh, and get out of the exosuit of course.
Check to see if there's anything inside the near base crater, the one that ate the garage wall. Do NOT go down there, just look.
If the ground is safe, make my way to the gravity seep and check what's down there. Again, do NOT go down there, don't poke my hand in or do anything stupid, just look. Take some air and ground samples near the crater. Check and see what's going on with that orange goo that was in the chasm. Is it still emitting air? Does the air remain close to the surface or is it "evaporating"?
« Last Edit: July 13, 2013, 09:15:03 pm by Parisbre56 »

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #15171 on: July 13, 2013, 08:50:47 pm »

All right, let's get him as close the the door as we can before we crack the suit, if it can't fit inside itself, we want to expose him to vacuum for as short a time as we possibly can. I'll get the door, you crack the cockpit and get him inside as quickly as you can.

Mesk, we need you in the umbilical to the conference room, Anton got injured and trapped in Gilgamesh and is unresponsive, and we might have to expose him to vacuum for a few seconds to get him inside.

If the suit can fit inside, assist with moving it in. If it can't, then move it as close to the door as possible without preventing the cockpit from opening and us being in front of it. Once it's in place and Lukas is ready, open the door for Lukas to ferry Anton through and close it after we're in.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #15172 on: July 13, 2013, 09:07:34 pm »

"Let us send the drone out.  If the inky ball eats the drone, we stay out.  How's that sound?"

Send the drone out to map the sector unless countermanded.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15173 on: July 13, 2013, 09:36:29 pm »

Well, people going completely unresponsive in universe doesn't really make sense either. I was just wondering exactly what that must look like, in universe. People just standing there, completely still, staring forward with a blank expression. Oh well
((Oh god. This totally reminds me of Mogworld. Did anybody read it besides me? It's hilarious, and the resemblance to the "Syndrome" victims is uncanny. Almost makes me want to have the "Syndrom" be a thing.
EDIT: Just as it reminds me of Life Begins at Death by Harry Baldman. I wonder if he read it...

By the way, is it just me, or do Toaster and Piecewise have very different perceptions of Lars? Because I don't think it is the first time I see this kind of dissonance. I, of course, just go with the Toaster version.))

"Not the worst idea ever, but we should probably see what actually happens if it "eats" the drone. Even a footage of it eating a drone can be valuable, and we don't have a lot of them to throw at it now that the box of drones at the base got destroyed. They are actually outnumbered by people now, isn't that ironic?

I don't think it will do anything remotely aggresive at this range. Not that I would know."

Get closer to the thing so we can actually see it well. Like 1.5 subhexes, or whatever makes sense. Then go with what Lars says.

Also can we get a working map but just for our team. Since we're exploring, and we're continuing to map the planetoid, it's kind of practical to have a map. Can we just say that Vich is using MS Paint on his wrist-pad to map what we see?
« Last Edit: July 14, 2013, 01:58:09 am by Thearpox »
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15174 on: July 14, 2013, 04:56:16 am »

((Ahahahaha, nice.))

"Huh? Oh, we'll slice this thing up into large panels and use them to rebuild walls and stuff. Should be quicker than using rubble. Feel free to give me a hand in cutting and carrying the panels."

Slice the umbilical into large panels. Don't let it roll away to the gravity seep!

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #15175 on: July 14, 2013, 06:01:13 am »

"Wonder what is in the Conference room now...... TIME TO GO CHECK!"
Run into the conference room and look around
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #15176 on: July 14, 2013, 09:46:31 am »

By the way, is it just me, or do Toaster and Piecewise have very different perceptions of Lars? Because I don't think it is the first time I see this kind of dissonance. I, of course, just go with the Toaster version.))

((I accept the vagaries of his interpretation and run with them, typically.  It's canon that Lars was bashed in the head on his capture, so variable sanity is totally cool with me.))

"Very well- let us go."
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #15177 on: July 14, 2013, 08:39:19 pm »

(I return to about five posts over the weekend.  I must be more important than I thought.)

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #15178 on: July 15, 2013, 02:32:06 am »

All right, let's get him as close the the door as we can before we crack the suit, if it can't fit inside itself, we want to expose him to vacuum for as short a time as we possibly can. I'll get the door, you crack the cockpit and get him inside as quickly as you can.

Mesk, we need you in the umbilical to the conference room, Anton got injured and trapped in Gilgamesh and is unresponsive, and we might have to expose him to vacuum for a few seconds to get him inside.

If the suit can fit inside, assist with moving it in. If it can't, then move it as close to the door as possible ?without? preventing the cockpit from opening and us being in front of it. Once it's in place and Lukas is ready, open the door for Lukas to ferry Anton through and close it after we're in.

"Roger!"

First test whether the suit fits inside. Otherwise move as close to the door as possible. Wait for Simus to be ready and then crack the cockpit open and get Anton inside as fast as possible.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2013, 06:27:46 am by Prosperus »
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #15179 on: July 15, 2013, 04:41:43 am »

If the suit can fit inside, assist with moving it in. If it can't, then move it as close to the door as possible ?without? preventing the cockpit from opening and us being in front of it. Once it's in place and Lukas is ready, open the door for Lukas to ferry Anton through and close it after we're in.

"Roger!"

First test whether the suit fits inside. Otherwise move as close to the door as possible. Wait for Anton to be ready and then crack the cockpit open and get Anton inside as fast as possible.
((He (she? would that be the player or the character?) means get it as close as possible, but without obstructing the cockpit. I.e. so that there's enough space to open the darn thing.

Also, Simus can phase into the cockpit and see what exactly is wrong with Anton, and/or open the thing from the inside without causing undue damage to the suit.))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India
Pages: 1 ... 1010 1011 [1012] 1013 1014 ... 1256