Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1005 1006 [1007] 1008 1009 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3944245 times)

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 9: From Bad to Worse
« Reply #15090 on: July 10, 2013, 01:13:37 am »

Continue doing minor repairs and cleanup wherever I can.  Anything that's a one-man job and isn't currently being done.

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15091 on: July 10, 2013, 01:46:06 am »

Okay, I tried to say it nicely, but all right.

All Teams not currently on base are to come back to base immediately to assist with damage control until further notice.

"I'm afraid that would be a mistake. I'm not at all skilled with repairs, and I've already sent the guy who was back. Jack should be comind sometimes soon with an MPV, if he doesn't get stuck somewhere, but that's not on my consience.

Look, ever since that crystal thing appeared, we have do very little of note on out mission; exploring the planetoid.
First everyone simple panicked, then Morul shot the shuttle, there was an entire doomed and may I say rather disorganized assult. And after that, all everyone was concerned with was repairing the damage already caused, even to the point where you guys didn't even evacuate. And now it seems your plan is to set everyone on repairing the base.

How long do you think that will take? Months? We don't have forever, and the clock is ticking. I assumed we'd cover the entire border of the designated zone. That seems a little optimistic now, but completely forgetting about exploration would be a mistake.
Look back, and you will see that ever since the crystal appeared we've been focused on repairing the damaged done, even as it was causing more damage. That was a mistake then, and it will be a mistake now.

Let the medics, engineers, and invalids, help with the repairs, but let the others do what we've been sent here to do."
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15092 on: July 10, 2013, 01:58:30 am »

"I'll take some unskilled labor off of base's hands if you guys want, and go on an exploring trek."

Help with moving medical supplies, and gather supplies for myself and any other explorers.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #15093 on: July 10, 2013, 02:04:12 am »

Vichislav, you don't see it, do you? Without the base, every single person on this mission's death is ensured. That is why we are so determined to repair it and keep it as functional as we possibly can. Our mission is of little importance if we are not capable of carrying it out. Evacuation of the base is a foolhardy prospect when it is our one and only source of supplies, including air for those of you that breathe, and when it is perfectly capable, as has been demonstrated, of sheltering from danger.

I am saying that you all need to be back here not only to assist with cleanup but also as a safety precaution, because in case you did not hear, our medical facilities have been almost entirely destroyed. Injuries on this mission are now much more likely to result in permanent fatalities.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15094 on: July 10, 2013, 02:04:23 am »

"First of all, that is the first time I hear about the air being a problem with those suits. Care to clarify?
Exactly how long does it last? Because if not for the air, there really are little problems to the question of survival. Not that I intend to stay away from the base forever, now that the danger is gone. You guys seem to have already managed to preserve the base's habitability.

But about the medical facilities, I already got the memo. So what do you plan to do now? Have us not explore at all? Only send the robots? What exactly are the plans to repair these facilities?

But you know what? You are right about permanent fatalities. Except that it makes no difference for me. I've got an MKI.
It's as protective as a cardboard, and any tearing would probably result in death regardless of the state of our medical facilities. Especially at this distance. So I'm not much more concerned about it now than before. And I've already said I'll try to be carefull."

Private To Doomblade: "Wait, are you speaking to me? Am I the leader now? Because Simus actually ordered everyone inside, although I would appreciate some support.

Anyway, do you plan do be going on alone? And if not, joining up with whom? And where?"
« Last Edit: July 10, 2013, 02:24:10 am by Thearpox »
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15095 on: July 10, 2013, 02:22:15 am »

personally id rather they kept exploring, altough carefully.
We have a job to do and i want to finish it as soon as possible before we damage our base any further.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15096 on: July 10, 2013, 02:31:27 am »

Private Reply- "Well, that was a general broadcast, but I suppose it does pertain to you. I plan on taking anyone who has no technical or medical skills, such as me, who wants to come."

"To all currently in base- if you are currently not helping with base repairs and have no technical skills, please meet me in the kitchen for a conference on an exploration trek."
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #15097 on: July 10, 2013, 02:47:07 am »

Try to force the door from CCR to the garage open.
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15098 on: July 10, 2013, 02:50:53 am »

"Ignore that idiot, we need to clean this place up so I can take stock of what I can fix. Keep stockpiling scrap and salvage people, you should be glad to do this instead of risking your lives and a horrible death out there."

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #15099 on: July 10, 2013, 02:53:43 am »

About air, how many months do you think whatever basic carbon dioxide scrubber that is in those suits will last? All such things have a capacity, whether it be in removing the carbon dioxide or providing new oxygen. Either way, you begin to suffocate once that capacity is reached.

As for medical facilities, at the moment, they are as good as nonexistent. That is why I want a moratorium on exploration at the moment, because MkI suit or not, anything that injures could well be considered lethal. When we can get the medical equipment and supplies into a location with both power and atmosphere, likely the laboratory once the comparatively minor damage there is patched, which I am sure will not take months, as you said, I will lift the moratorium and we will begin exploration again, with full teams and proper directions.

I'll leave it at this: Anything else you or anyone else does, at the moment against orders, you or they will bear full responsibility for. If someone dies while following you or them, that is on you or them and you or them alone. I will bear no responsibility for the insubordinate, but neither will I call them out for punishment for being so.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15100 on: July 10, 2013, 03:05:18 am »

you realize of course i was referring to the stranded team and am currently moving the infirmary to the barracks which has sustained no damage whatsoever.

Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15101 on: July 10, 2013, 03:05:36 am »

((About it taking months, I was talking gametime months. Remember, we're getting picked up right after the mission in the current thread finishes, so we're sort of racing again them here.

Also, does somebody wants to warn Lucas of something? Because if he succeeds, you might all be suddenly deprived of air.))

"Nothing more than I would have asked for. Do notify me when you're done.

And Bishop, sometimes I wish I was myself an engineer and be able to do what you are doing. But I am not, and I will not sit idle while you are fixing everything, especially with that clock ticking. Good luck to you."

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #15102 on: July 10, 2013, 03:51:59 am »

Wait for mud to dry then enter base.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #15103 on: July 10, 2013, 07:26:26 am »

((I find it very funny that Thearpox is the one taking stupid risks in the name of science now...))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #15104 on: July 10, 2013, 10:55:21 am »

((Wait, what zone is the fog we're exploring in?  It might take us all day to walk back there.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 1005 1006 [1007] 1008 1009 ... 1256