Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 996 997 [998] 999 1000 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3945748 times)

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 9: Screwed and Mutinous
« Reply #14955 on: July 02, 2013, 02:27:03 am »

Lukas undergoes Anton's repairs.

"Thanks, bud. I really appreciate this."

Undergo repairs
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #14956 on: July 02, 2013, 03:06:17 am »

((The iron sea is roughly on the other side of the crystal's canyon from the base. And anything you take with you to that area will melt and/or turn to ash.))

"No problem, robot man. With all these emergencies and giant death crystals, I've almost forgotten how to work a welder properly. I'm going to need your help for some of these pieces..."

See of any of the available iron scrap is of a good enough size to slice into armor plating. If not, pile some together and melt it until it's a nice, viscous pool on the floor, that can be somewhat easily sliced into rapidly cooling slabs of iron about an inch thick. Use Lukas's cooperation to apply these slabs, once they are sufficiently cooled, to his arm, and weld them into place, taking care not to restrict the movement of the joints.

Set the Red Hand to low power and use the laser to etch something appropriate - like flames - into the plating once it's complete.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14957 on: July 02, 2013, 10:26:20 am »

((Lukas is very likely to be large and powerful enough to use insect plating as armor, by the way. The same may work for the battlesuit, but I remember Lukas' armor was described as being simpler.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14958 on: July 02, 2013, 12:49:46 pm »

((Am I the only one thinking we should leave studying samples like this one to the boys on ship? Because whenever we mess with anything crystal-related, situations goes to hell.

Try to get healed by (competent) medic.

To Vich: 'a replacement for my rocketpack would great. Good work there. Haul it back to camp once you're ready.'

((Friendly reminder: Simus is team leader untill I can reliably follow the thread again.))

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #14959 on: July 02, 2013, 01:58:32 pm »

Continue assisting.
I think you're pretty much done there, space cowboy. Good job helping them carve the ship up though.

"Stupid thing! Die, die, die!"

Monorazor the thing! If Simus tries to restrain me, half joke about how much I like robobondage to distract her.

((At least I dodn't roll two 1s in a row.))

((Hmmm... Interesting. So the goo takes on some of the properties of the first material to touch it after it reaches an active state... And the thing in the trench may have reched an active state by now... Which means that if that goo touches anything else, we'll be in trouble. Here's hoping that the crystal doesn't explode when it falls in the gravity seep, else we won't be staying in this planet for long...))
((If it takes on properties and hits what causes the seep, with that much fluid behind it...

Oh, shit. All the fluid in that trench could easily become one massive, sentient, gravity seep.))

Woah, woah, hold on, Flint! If that's like the big one, it's not going to be destroyed that easy and could inflict a lot of pain back. Let's see if we can trap it before attempting to annihilate it, this is our chance to study the active state.

If Flint stops, attempt to trap the newly active... Morph fluid in a sample container (if not possible, plan B without restraining Flint). If he tries to continue, restrain him, get us both out of the lab, and seal it off.
[Simus dex:4]
[flint dex:2]
Simus catches Flint in a head lock and looks for a container to restrain the growing creature with. There are none large enough in sight and the metal ball is already bouncing around inside it's cage, threatening to smash it's way out any second. Simus drags Flint out of the lab and tosses him a few feet away from the door.

"Alvin, There's a containment breech in the lab! Lock it down!"

The lab door, and the specimen vault both slam shut and seal themselves. Metal blast shields rise and pneumatically bolt themselves in place over the entrances.

>LAB SEALED.

Miyamoto next.

"Hey, boss.  If the crystal thing comes too close to the base, how long do you think we can hold out if everyone holes up in the shuttle with as much food as it can carry and we fly somewhere?"
[med:3+2]
You splint up Miyamoto's arm, stitch up any cuts and even give him a few pain killers to help take the edge off, all while having a nice conversation about impending doom. He seems to have a rather far off look in his eyes. You wonder if all this leadership in the face of impossible odds is getting to him.

"Heheh. Silly crystal. Doesn't it realise you shouldn't walk into strange craters?"

Continue observing.

((Oh god, it's like a lethal Flubber.))
The crystal keeps striding forward, until its canyon stops near the gravity well. The creature seems almost confused as it sits there, examining the place where it's beam suddenly seemed to cut out, about 50 feet from the crater. It stops producing  it's orange fluid and pulls itself up onto the undamaged ground before edging toward the crater. It sticks one foot in and immediately jerks back as the limb cracks and is sucked down to the crater's depths. The crystal's upper portion begins to deform, changing into a concave dish of sorts.

"Thanks. Don't mangle him, ok?"

Look in a mirror and put my nose back the right way. Then suit up again and go check on the progress in the garage, and run a diagnostic on both the suit and Lukas for my own benefit.

((It's like Flubber, but with SUDDEN PAIN and GRUESOME DEATH! Fantastic, that's all we need.))
You sort of twist and shove your nose around until it looks mostly straight. That done, you head back to the garage. It seems much the same as the way you left it.
[aux:2+1]
And your diagnostic fails to reveal very much; nothing worth noting at least.

attemt to splint miyamotos arm then try again if i failed, keep trying until i am successful or have accidentally replaced it with a competantly installed roboarm.

If theres time after treating miyamoto hand him moruls goggles and follow the cannonball around with a large sample container and try to capture it if it seems to calm down.
If it doesnt, try throwing a blanket on it to distract it.

Well, miyamoto is treated, The ball is sealed in the lab, and everything is quiet for this instant....so I suppose all you can do is hand off the demon glasses to our fearless, potentially PTSD'd leader.

Although, I must admit, the concept of throwing a blanket on an alien death machine to distract it- like it's a parrot you're trying to trick into falling asleep- is roughly 10 times funnier to me then it has any right to be.

((It was touching the metal vacuum box at the morph point so im gonna say it copied that.

@paris, you split that thing before it became a bullet, whats is cutting it in half again going to accomplish?

Also im realizing trying to catch a sentient cannonball with a barrel might just be the stupidest thing ive posted so far, has anyone got a more intelligent suggestion?))

I've seen that gif before, but I like how, in this still, he looks like he's shrugging.

"Yeah, getting hit by a cannon ball. Eh, whatcha gonna do."

((If you guys want I could knock up some plating for miyamoto, well try to))
"Now I need a scource of heat and materials..." Michael looks out to the iron feilds, "Well that solves both problems"
Grab about a weeks worth of rations for one person along with a small computer loaded with instructions for basic metal work (annealing, dishing & basic lamination for example) along with the specs for battle suit plating & obtain a small trolley/cart like object to carry the rock and tools. Once these Items are obtained move everything out to an iron pool relatively near to the base but not to close to that crystal. If something is unobtainable move on to the next item, if the rock is immovable then find another rock as near to a iron pool as possible.

Once this is done dig a small pit about the size of a forearm and an inch deep then link it up to the main pool until it fills with iron then block it off with a rock. Wait for the iron to partially cool before continuing.

Couple problems.

1. Battle suit plate is made of lots of things, none of them iron. Also, its not the sort of thing you can make by hand.
2.The only way to the iron lakes is over that canyon the crystal dug out. And you can't fly.
Lukas undergoes Anton's repairs.

"Thanks, bud. I really appreciate this."

Undergo repairs
((The iron sea is roughly on the other side of the crystal's canyon from the base. And anything you take with you to that area will melt and/or turn to ash.))

"No problem, robot man. With all these emergencies and giant death crystals, I've almost forgotten how to work a welder properly. I'm going to need your help for some of these pieces..."

See of any of the available iron scrap is of a good enough size to slice into armor plating. If not, pile some together and melt it until it's a nice, viscous pool on the floor, that can be somewhat easily sliced into rapidly cooling slabs of iron about an inch thick. Use Lukas's cooperation to apply these slabs, once they are sufficiently cooled, to his arm, and weld them into place, taking care not to restrict the movement of the joints.

Set the Red Hand to low power and use the laser to etch something appropriate - like flames - into the plating once it's complete.

[handi:1+1]
You stand there, with an arm load of iron scraps, completely lost in thought.

"Maybe...I could air brush on a wicked awesome scene of a wizard fighting a dragon with an army of naked chicks..."

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #14960 on: July 02, 2013, 02:01:46 pm »

follow team.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #14961 on: July 02, 2013, 03:36:58 pm »

((2 again?
Hmm... let's see how smart and how powerful that thing is...
And you people packing explosives could use them to make it fall in the gravity seep. If it doesn't shoot itself in the crater first.))

"Damn it! Let me kill it! That thing can't be allowed to be active in this base any longer!"

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14962 on: July 02, 2013, 03:51:01 pm »

"Huh. What's it doing?"

Continue watching.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14963 on: July 02, 2013, 04:44:39 pm »

((I've just assumed Pyro would just be speaking the voice of Miyamoto, not replace him IC. Did I undrestand it wrong?))
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14964 on: July 02, 2013, 04:57:23 pm »

idly watch the cannonball on a security monitor then head over to where the thermal camera was found and ask alvin what its there for.

If its not his then use aux skills to reroute power around and disconnect it.
If it is his then ask if he has any spares.

After that's done ask alvin about our current mission progress and follow thearpox making sure to bring my machete and medkit.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2013, 09:18:20 pm by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14965 on: July 02, 2013, 08:38:17 pm »

Anyway, unless anyone has any problems, go and explore the sector SouthWest of us. On foot.
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14966 on: July 02, 2013, 10:35:31 pm »

Take a moment to think about how long we've been stuck on this rock. Then run another diagnostic on Miyamoto's suit and then start fixing it, making sure not to cross any circuits like Simus did.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #14967 on: July 03, 2013, 01:18:52 am »

"Oh well this is a problem,"*shrugs*"Nevermind"
Go back to base and assist anyone who needs help with non-specialized activities
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14968 on: July 03, 2013, 08:45:54 am »

((I've just assumed Pyro would just be speaking the voice of Miyamoto, not replace him IC. Did I undrestand it wrong?))

((Actually, since Simus is XO it makes sense her taking over in-character if Miyamoto is unavailable for whatever reason. I never stated a reason, but PW proposed we say it's PTSD or something. Eh, I'll roleplay it out later.

I'd like to officially carry over control of Miyamoto over to Pyrodesu and/or Parisbre or anyone else who feels like it. I'll be leaving day after tomorrow, so if anyone could confirm (s)he will take care of him, that'd be great.))

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #14969 on: July 03, 2013, 12:35:21 pm »

Anton snaps out of his momentary stupor.

"Oh, right, the armor! Sorry, I just mentioned a welder and suddenly got this very neat idea for the Red Hand here. If I can get my hands on a spool of steel wire... okay, later. Back to work."

Continue with the armoring as before. Hopefully without drifting off to Tinker-deprivation-induced stupors this time.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India
Pages: 1 ... 996 997 [998] 999 1000 ... 1256