Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 989 990 [991] 992 993 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3944381 times)

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 9: Screwed and Mutinous
« Reply #14850 on: June 25, 2013, 10:44:59 pm »

((Guess ill start loading the shuttles with medical supplies and food))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14851 on: June 25, 2013, 10:52:28 pm »

((Just read something disconcerting, the crstal is in our base hex... shouldnt we be running?))
((No. Not running. We will evacuate in an orderly fashion, taking as many supplies with us as we can, and shutting down the whole base, AI included, when we do. The crystal reacts to stimuli. Blackout the base and get our stuff out of the way just in case, and let it do its thing. With any luck, the closest stimulus it finds will be the garbage disposal crater.))
((Guess what I'm doing right now?))
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #14852 on: June 25, 2013, 11:01:58 pm »

((Just read something disconcerting, the crstal is in our base hex... shouldnt we be running?))
((No. Not running. We will evacuate in an orderly fashion, taking as many supplies with us as we can, and shutting down the whole base, AI included, when we do. The crystal reacts to stimuli. Blackout the base and get our stuff out of the way just in case, and let it do its thing. With any luck, the closest stimulus it finds will be the garbage disposal crater.))
((Guess what I'm doing right now?))
((Organizing an expedition to the crashed shuttle. Without much coordination with the rest of the team, I might add. Also, the MPV has a trailer exactly so it can take more than two people at once. The trailer alone should be able to carry four people, if slowly (and with some kind of external powersource required). ))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14853 on: June 25, 2013, 11:09:09 pm »

((The expedition to the crashed shuttle is a nice addition. It just happens to lie exactly where I want to evacuate, and gives me something to get Bishop on my side. As for coordination, might I add that our command were very busy for the longest time, so it was pretty easy to get off with whatever I wanted. Personal priorities before the team's, you know. ;D

Oh, and the trailer is occupied with food, and I don't want to move slowly.

Also, you might want to take the rest of the food from the kitchen to life support. You know, to be safe.))
« Last Edit: June 25, 2013, 11:12:47 pm by Thearpox »
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14854 on: June 25, 2013, 11:11:38 pm »

((Maybe its tracking our goop sample, you guys wanna strap the container to a drone and send it towards the next zone?))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #14855 on: June 25, 2013, 11:14:04 pm »

((We could have someone lob a rock at it and run off away from home that might work))
"Oh oh I volunteer!"
Volunteer for bishops mission
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14856 on: June 25, 2013, 11:19:15 pm »

((Better idea, lob a drone at it.
Youre gauranteed to hit it with noticeable force should the crystal refrain from firing upon it))

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14857 on: June 25, 2013, 11:54:24 pm »

((Guys, it is not following that goo sample. For starters, it made that canyon before Flint took that goo, and it's only following the canyon. And second, the first reason is good enough.

And Corsair, I think we've already got a team ready. So sorry, but no, unless something changes.))

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #14858 on: June 26, 2013, 12:37:22 am »

undergo repairs  :)
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14859 on: June 26, 2013, 02:31:54 am »

"Right. 3 people go, you lot decide who. Bring back everything you can, even scrap. I'll have to stay here to fix up our robotic residents. Don't wreck the tools and don't die. Have fun and notify me when you get back with a load of salvage."

Inspect the damage to our robotic overlords and have them run a few diagnostics for me to tell me what's wrong.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #14860 on: June 26, 2013, 03:03:00 am »

Anton returns to the Garage, dragging Flint along, and observes Lukas and Gilgamesh being deposited into the repair area as Bishop prepares to run diagnostics. He leaves Flint to his own devices and joins the inspection committee of the Robot Overlords.

"Hey, Bishop. Potato?" Anton tosses a frozen potato to Bishop. "A mild case of brain-melt in the freezer. If this is what HMRC does to people, I'll be glad to get this over with as soon as possible, one way or another." He turns his attention back at the robots, circling Gilgamesh to take a look at the damage. "So, what are we looking at, besides a pair of tin soldiers someone hit with a blowtorch? Our stocks of giant robot parts don't look too good, so I have a feeling we'll have to improvise a lot of this stuff. I have a possible donor in mind..." Anton looks back at the corner of the Garage where Flint left the exosuit "..but it's kind of a last resort option." Noticing Simus scrutinizing Gilgamesh's surface, he adds. "But I do believe XO has the right idea. Let's make sure Miyamoto can get out of there first."

Aid Simus and Bishop in examining the damage to the robots and finding an external release mechanism to open up Gilgamesh so that our glorious Leader can get out. Mentally compare the damaged parts to those of Flint's exosuit and available spares, see if we have enough parts at all to actually perform proper repairs on either machine.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #14861 on: June 26, 2013, 04:31:25 am »

"My work here is done. Time to check up on my pet goo."

((Warning! Warning! Long action incoming!
@Piecewise: If it's too much just do as much as you want/as much as possible and I'll post the rest in next turn.))

Check if the lab has a vacuum glove box.

If there isn't one, create one by taking a transparent airtight sample container, drilling holes for the gloves and a valve, attaching the gloves and valve and isolating them with some adhesive (silicon works although I'm guessing we have some high tech stuff here to fix suit holes), then creating a simple vacuum pump and attaching it to the valve.

Ask Simus and everybody else if they have any ideas for any other tests besides the ones I'm conducting.
Take the goo sample from the fridge.
Put the goo sample in the vacuum glove box along with a few sample containers and a few microscope slides. Also add an atmospheric and temperature sensor like the ones we have in our suits or better if possible, if the vacuum glove box doesn't have one already installed. Also put any materials required for the experiments Simus or anybody else want me to perform inside.
Pump the air out.
Careful open the goo box while sampling the air that comes out. Check the air's temperature and components and compare them to the state of the lake before it was disturbed. See if the cold of the fridge had any effect on the speed of whatever process is happening there.
Split the goo into multiple containers. Close one container and keep it to the side and make sure I do not touch it or otherwise mess with it so that I have an "as pure as possible" sample.
Put a miniscule amount of goo in a few microscope slides.
If possible, pump the air into a suitable container. If no containers or other devices capable of receiving and storing air are available, just put the hose out of the base with the help of ALVIN and pump the air out. If that's not possible, find or create a second vacuum pump and attach it with a valve to an airtight container. Empty the air out of the container and then transfer the air from the vacuum glove box to the airtight container. Drill holes and connect with hoses as common sense dictates, because I don't want to start drawing diagrams or make this action any more complicated.
Perform any tests Simus and anybody else has given me.
Empty the air (if any) from those experiments to separate containers if possible, or at least take samples from them.
Label all sample containers appropriately.
Once the vacuum glove box is as empty of air as possible and all containers inside it are sealed, pump air from the outside to it.
Label all samples appropriately.
Take the goo samples back to the fridge.
Look at one of the goo slides in the microscope. Record results.
Announce results of testing to team.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #14862 on: June 26, 2013, 10:51:50 am »

Return to sensors.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14863 on: June 26, 2013, 03:44:13 pm »

'Huh? What the hell? Where am I? What the fuck is up with my vision?"

Explore new area. Try and find my goggles.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #14864 on: June 26, 2013, 03:49:12 pm »

((Going for mindfuck round 2?))
Pages: 1 ... 989 990 [991] 992 993 ... 1256