Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 986 987 [988] 989 990 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3942704 times)

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 9: Screwed and Mutinous
« Reply #14805 on: June 22, 2013, 06:37:26 pm »

Mesk puts Lukas and Miyamoto down outside the molten lake and unattaches the winch.  "Hey... Miya?  Luke?  Can you hear me?  How you holding up, do you need a ride back to base?  Because if you do I'm gonna have to ask that you cool yourselves down first."

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #14806 on: June 22, 2013, 06:46:11 pm »

"Say It!"
Get on top of auron and pin his arms with my shins and continue "coercion" with hands
« Last Edit: June 23, 2013, 01:32:46 am by Corsair »
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #14807 on: June 22, 2013, 06:51:46 pm »

Mesk puts Lukas and Miyamoto down outside the molten lake and unattaches the winch.  "Hey... Miya?  Luke?  Can you hear me?  How you holding up, do you need a ride back to base?  Because if you do I'm gonna have to ask that you cool yourselves down first."
((So, they just got out of a magma lake after being nearly incinerated by a giant living crystal and you're asking them to be cool?))

(yes I know my rhyming is terrible. feel free to take a stab yourselves though. ^_^)))
((Emergency, Paging Doctor Mesk, Emergency

Doctor, I've got no eyeballs in the proper place, in the proper place

I just panicked when i woke up and I couldn't see, yes I couldn't see

Hey doctor, could you give me something to ease the pain, to ease the pain

Doctor, you've got to help me soon, cause this guy's insane
's gona drill my brain.

I just don't know, don't know
what that guy is going to do

Chorus:Doc docr doc doc Doctor Mesk,

I just don't know, don't know
won't you kick me Doctor Mesk

Chorus:Doc docr doc doc Doctor Mesk,
won't you kick him doctor Mesk))
« Last Edit: June 22, 2013, 07:25:06 pm by Parisbre56 »

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #14808 on: June 22, 2013, 06:59:49 pm »

You two all right, other than the fact you're about to be statues for a little while, at least until we can clear the iron out of your joints?

Examine them both (at least, as much as possible with at least one coated in cooling metal).
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14809 on: June 22, 2013, 08:23:44 pm »

use bishops intervention to escape from Michaels grasp and resume Moruls eye replacement surgery under bishops supervision.
avoid the use of power tools if possible.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2013, 02:26:34 am by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14810 on: June 22, 2013, 09:38:44 pm »

((Sorry for unscheduled absence. School's ended, and I had to clean up my "layer" of paper and shtuff, while undergoing another bout of post-somethingimportantisfinished depression. But it's not like my character was contributing much, so I don't think that was a problem.

Anyway, check this out: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/698883673/unrest-an-unconventional-rpg-set-in-ancient-india))

I don't think someone who's been absent for more than a week gets to choose where the MPV goes. Wake up and pedal to base.

To Zephyris: "Well, seems the immediate danger and idiocy passed. We now know a little about the thing's aggression, and all the impulses of attacking it seems to have been solved in the most amicable way. Time to go back.

Maybe if it's reproducing, we will even soon have a beautiful lake and an atmosphere near our base. That would be most splendid. Wouldn't you like to have a holiday resort so close to our base?

Anyway, thanks for waking me up. I was thinking a bit, and could I ask you about something?"

((Anyway, so what's now? Flint, I suppose you could ask me to help you out with the legs. Or Bishop could ask me to help with the shuttle scavenging, since MPV would be useful there. If neither wants my help, I'll just try to get an adventuring team to do more exploration))
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14811 on: June 22, 2013, 09:44:59 pm »

((If corsair ever lets me finish this surgery ill gladly tag along.))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14812 on: June 22, 2013, 11:21:08 pm »

"Oh for... Michael, THAT is not helping! He's supposed to be fixing up the crazy guy's eyeballs, not getting in a fight with you! Both of you, STOP THAT!"

Break them up before it gets out of hand and throw Michael and anyone else that's not the doctor out. Threaten the doctor if he so much as goes near the powertools or any part of crazy guy's body that he's not supposed to fix and keep an eye on him.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #14813 on: June 22, 2013, 11:48:02 pm »

"Yes boss....... :("
Go and be helpful somewhere else
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14814 on: June 23, 2013, 01:18:53 pm »

((One would think that, after a month of it, exams would be over. BUT NOPE, still almost a week more of this !fun!.))

((I'm fairly unsure what I should be doing at the moment. I think everyone should assemble at the base and have a major rethink of our approach to this mission.))

((I'll try to restructure our teams once I have the time. Because crystal or not, we still have a planetoid to explore.))

You two all right, other than the fact you're about to be statues for a little while, at least until we can clear the iron out of your joints?

Examine them both (at least, as much as possible with at least one coated in cooling metal).

'Actually, maybe we should try to get some of this sludge of of us now that it is still somewhat fluid. Start with Lukas, he has got it worse than me. Also, Mesk, my right arm's busted, I'm gonna need your doctorin'. Don't... Cut it of or something, mkay?'

Try to get the sludge of, wipe it off on the ground if needed. Try to clear the place where the pilot enters first, then he joints. Try to determine if Gilgamesh can be repaired with the stuff we have at base, and what parts will need repairing on the Sword.

((I find it strange that Lukas' robobody doesn't seem to have an internal gyroscope for knowing what's up and down. Heck, a small hollow sphere lined with pressure sensors and a little ball inside of that would do the trick.))
« Last Edit: June 23, 2013, 01:26:52 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #14815 on: June 23, 2013, 02:39:36 pm »

Actually, Miyamoto, if you can get out of Gilgamesh, now would be the time, before any of this iron cools and potentially seals you in, especially if you're injured. While we can get rid of the majority before it welds to you, getting it out of servos will likely require complete disassembly. On the upside, if there were any cracks in the actual armor from the blast, they'll be sealed with solid metal.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2013, 05:33:54 pm by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #14816 on: June 23, 2013, 05:25:04 pm »

"I'm gonna need a good mechanic to fix the damage, but I'm happy to get out of there. Thanks."

Try to wipe the sludge off. Following Miyamoto's example.
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #14817 on: June 24, 2013, 01:13:39 am »

Anton turns to Jack.

"Mind watching the sensors for a while? The AI here is good for this, but it only tends to report outright emergencies. We seem to have a pair of broken robots coming in, I think they'll need even my help there. Keep an eye out on the crystal's movements and power levels, and alert us if looks like it's acting up again. And if you can, look at these other anomalies around us. I'd like to know if they're in any way linked together. With how much power this thing likes to toss around, I think it'd be possible to see a pattern."

Leave Jack watching the sensors and make way to the Garage. See if there's enough vacant space to work on both Lukas and Gilgamesh inside. If not, move some vehicles around (and out of the garage if necessary) until there is - repair work is a lot quicker if you don't have to worry about accidental suit punctures.

((I don't actually remember having a description of the Garage in that regard - is it a sealed structure with vehicles passing through a sort of an airlock, an airlock in itself in that air is pumped out whenever a vehicle needs to enter or leave, or just an open structure with only people cycling through to enter and leave the base through it?))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #14818 on: June 24, 2013, 11:04:32 am »

Jack nods: "Sure thing, Anton."

Do as suggested by Anton.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #14819 on: June 24, 2013, 01:08:28 pm »

Start gathering materials and prepare to rebuild the legs to the best of my ability. If that's not possible, if there are materials that would allow me to attach wheels or tracks to it instead of legs, go for that instead. (I'm guessing it would help with the walking long distances problem and would be simpler to do. Plus I'd look like one of those old fashioned robots.) Ask people for help and feedback, after explaining my idea.
You start gathering bits from around the garage; scavenged electronics, a pair of servos, metal plating, structural frames, that sort of thing. You come to the rapid realization that these new legs are gonna look like, well, hydraulic crap.  But hey, it will work. Maybe. You'll just have to be careful; the place where it attaches to the original suit will be weaker, prone to sheering if used incorrectly or damaged.

Luckily both their coatings of metal are still fluid for the moment and slowly dripping off them, but you doubt that will last.  Lukas is just a big obscuring lump of molten lake slag, but he seems to be wiggling around alright under there, so he's probably fine. Or fine-ish. Miyamoto is partially uncovered and vary obviously took the brunt of the crystal's attack on his right side; one of his pods is melted to the point of being unrecognizable and his right arm doesn't seem responsive; but that could just mean he's dead. Admittedly, he hasn't said anything for a while here.

use bishops intervention to escape from Michaels grasp and resume Moruls eye replacement surgery under bishops supervision.
avoid the use of power tools if possible.

[med:4+1]

You successfully insert the big, horrifying spikes that replace optic nerves and then screw in Morul's new mechanical eyeballs. You also put some burn salve on the burn marks that radiate out from his eyes like sunrays.

((Sorry for unscheduled absence. School's ended, and I had to clean up my "layer" of paper and shtuff, while undergoing another bout of post-somethingimportantisfinished depression. But it's not like my character was contributing much, so I don't think that was a problem.

Anyway, check this out: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/698883673/unrest-an-unconventional-rpg-set-in-ancient-india))

I don't think someone who's been absent for more than a week gets to choose where the MPV goes. Wake up and pedal to base.

To Zephyris: "Well, seems the immediate danger and idiocy passed. We now know a little about the thing's aggression, and all the impulses of attacking it seems to have been solved in the most amicable way. Time to go back.

Maybe if it's reproducing, we will even soon have a beautiful lake and an atmosphere near our base. That would be most splendid. Wouldn't you like to have a holiday resort so close to our base?

Anyway, thanks for waking me up. I was thinking a bit, and could I ask you about something?"

((Anyway, so what's now? Flint, I suppose you could ask me to help you out with the legs. Or Bishop could ask me to help with the shuttle scavenging, since MPV would be useful there. If neither wants my help, I'll just try to get an adventuring team to do more exploration))
Both you and your young female ward -which is really kinda suspect when you think about it. I mean you're an old man who stole away the only woman at this base and took her out into the wilderness to start up some sort of separatist base. I foresee much cultishness and kinkiness. - pedal your way all the way back to base.

"Oh for... Michael, THAT is not helping! He's supposed to be fixing up the crazy guy's eyeballs, not getting in a fight with you! Both of you, STOP THAT!"

Break them up before it gets out of hand and throw Michael and anyone else that's not the doctor out. Threaten the doctor if he so much as goes near the powertools or any part of crazy guy's body that he's not supposed to fix and keep an eye on him.
You shove everyone who isn't a licensed doctor out of the room and then act as bouncer to keep them out while  Good old Doctor Feelbad installs a new set of eyeballs on the crazed pirate.

You're starting to realize that this is all sounding like a really bad psychedelic song.

"Yes boss....... :("
Go and be helpful somewhere else
You're honestly not sure what you can do that doesn't involve beating up health care providers. It's kind of all you know.

((One would think that, after a month of it, exams would be over. BUT NOPE, still almost a week more of this !fun!.))

((I'm fairly unsure what I should be doing at the moment. I think everyone should assemble at the base and have a major rethink of our approach to this mission.))

((I'll try to restructure our teams once I have the time. Because crystal or not, we still have a planetoid to explore.))

'Actually, maybe we should try to get some of this sludge of of us now that it is still somewhat fluid. Start with Lukas, he has got it worse than me. Also, Mesk, my right arm's busted, I'm gonna need your doctorin'. Don't... Cut it of or something, mkay?'

Try to get the sludge of, wipe it off on the ground if needed. Try to clear the place where the pilot enters first, then he joints. Try to determine if Gilgamesh can be repaired with the stuff we have at base, and what parts will need repairing on the Sword.

((I find it strange that Lukas' robobody doesn't seem to have an internal gyroscope for knowing what's up and down. Heck, a small hollow sphere lined with pressure sensors and a little ball inside of that would do the trick.))

(It's not the robo-body thats defective. It's the lemon inside it.)

You use your left hand to start wiping off the molten metal; doing your best to clear the cockpit and the joints first. You think you have most of it clear, at least of the important bits. As per repairing damage, you're not really sure. You'll have to make a proper inspection outside the suit. But you're guessing the rocket pod is beyond your help. The rest you're unsure of.

"I'm gonna need a good mechanic to fix the damage, but I'm happy to get out of there. Thanks."

Try to wipe the sludge off. Following Miyamoto's example.
You wipe yourself clean-ish. It's kinda hard, since you're covered much more completely then Miyamoto and the stuff has the consistency of taffy at this point. You manage to get it out of your joints and off your face at the very least.

Anton turns to Jack.

"Mind watching the sensors for a while? The AI here is good for this, but it only tends to report outright emergencies. We seem to have a pair of broken robots coming in, I think they'll need even my help there. Keep an eye out on the crystal's movements and power levels, and alert us if looks like it's acting up again. And if you can, look at these other anomalies around us. I'd like to know if they're in any way linked together. With how much power this thing likes to toss around, I think it'd be possible to see a pattern."

Leave Jack watching the sensors and make way to the Garage. See if there's enough vacant space to work on both Lukas and Gilgamesh inside. If not, move some vehicles around (and out of the garage if necessary) until there is - repair work is a lot quicker if you don't have to worry about accidental suit punctures.

((I don't actually remember having a description of the Garage in that regard - is it a sealed structure with vehicles passing through a sort of an airlock, an airlock in itself in that air is pumped out whenever a vehicle needs to enter or leave, or just an open structure with only people cycling through to enter and leave the base through it?))
You make the garage ready for your robot overlords, shifting vehicles around and dragging tools and benches over to form a little half circle around where they'll stand. Now you've got everything you'll need and its all easily at hand.

You smile and dust off your suit's gloves. Productivity!

Jack nods: "Sure thing, Anton."

Do as suggested by Anton.
You continue to stare at the monitors but nothing seems to change besides the crystal's location as it slowly wanders forward.  It's right on the edge of the home hex though, and continuing forward.

Pages: 1 ... 986 987 [988] 989 990 ... 1256