Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 984 985 [986] 987 988 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3941777 times)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 9: Screwed and Mutinous
« Reply #14775 on: June 21, 2013, 01:26:36 pm »

((Whoops, forgot to post an action...))

Go perform grand theft MPV, unload anything on its trailer and use it to retrieve my exosuit and bring it back to base. Since it's out of power, I'm guessing I'm going to have to pedal a lot or make a stop at the base to recharge, whatever seems quickest in the long term.

Pester Simus to put my goo in the fridge while it's still fresh.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2013, 01:53:47 pm by Parisbre56 »

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14776 on: June 21, 2013, 01:51:16 pm »

((Wow, double fail with a snarky smackdown. Ouch.))

"You incompetent moron. Give me those."

Grab the knockout pills and just force them down crazy guy's throat, then hold his mouth shut until he swallows and keep hold of him until he's out. Then strap him onto the table for surgery. Snark at the medical idiot all the way.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #14777 on: June 21, 2013, 02:16:01 pm »

Continue to enjoy crazy dreams.  Decipher the hidden message of Algis.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2013, 02:34:27 pm by Toaster »
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #14778 on: June 21, 2013, 02:32:28 pm »

Continue to enjoy crazy dreams.
((Pssst. Ask Algis who he wants us to kill. Who must we sacrifice to appease our crystalline overlords?

Ever seen Stephen King's "The Mist"? Remember the crazy God lady? Something like that. We need a cult around here.))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #14779 on: June 21, 2013, 02:34:33 pm »

((Good idea.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14780 on: June 21, 2013, 05:09:49 pm »

"Gimme.......the.......pillssss."

Take the goddam pills myself. If I cannot reach the pills, scream for a competent medic.

((HELP ME MESK!))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #14781 on: June 21, 2013, 05:17:23 pm »

((If nobody else has a better idea, I'm going to go and get Miyamoto, before he ends up as a dead +Metal Statue+ that menaces with spikes of battlesuit plate. He's going to be one anyways, no way around that, but it is preferable that he remains a live one inside.))

Use my rockets to shift Miyamoto so he's entirely on the shore, wait a bit for any molten metal on him to cool so it can't cause contact harm, and hitch him to the shuttle.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2013, 05:19:49 pm by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #14782 on: June 21, 2013, 05:24:41 pm »

Be useful
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14783 on: June 21, 2013, 06:51:45 pm »

ignore the pills, allow the other two to figure them out then commence with the eyeball installation.

((I swear to god if i roll another one im rage quitting and going back to my braincase studies.))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #14784 on: June 21, 2013, 09:48:38 pm »

try to use !!!SCIENCE!!! To figure out which way is up and try to go that way.
[int:1]
You come to the conclusion that you are a lemon. You go completely still and unresponsive, just like a lemon.

((...))

At least try to be a lemon that floats upwards.
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #14785 on: June 21, 2013, 10:05:28 pm »

((Whoops, forgot to post an action...))

Go perform grand theft MPV, unload anything on its trailer and use it to retrieve my exosuit and bring it back to base. Since it's out of power, I'm guessing I'm going to have to pedal a lot or make a stop at the base to recharge, whatever seems quickest in the long term.

Pester Simus to put my goo in the fridge while it's still fresh.

Your suit is already back. Mesk grabbed it with the shuttle and then I assume dropped it off. Also, the MPV is with Vich out near the gel sea. And We'll assume the goo is in the fridge.

try to use !!!SCIENCE!!! To figure out which way is up and try to go that way.
[int:1]
You come to the conclusion that you are a lemon. You go completely still and unresponsive, just like a lemon.

((...))

At least try to be a lemon that floats upwards.
[int:4]
You realize you're not a fruit and manage to grab hold of Miyamoto's ankle.

((Wow, double fail with a snarky smackdown. Ouch.))

"You incompetent moron. Give me those."

Grab the knockout pills and just force them down crazy guy's throat, then hold his mouth shut until he swallows and keep hold of him until he's out. Then strap him onto the table for surgery. Snark at the medical idiot all the way.
You yank his helmet off and proceed to jam the pills in his mouth. You hold his mouth and nose shut until he swallows. You then dump his unconscious body over on the bed.

"Welp, lets hope you had the right amount of pills, bucko, otherwise the pirate may be sleeping with the space fish."

Continue to enjoy crazy dreams.  Decipher the hidden message of Algis.
"Whats that? I might be psychotic? I don't know about that, I mean I'm just talking to a multi-armed deity created via the combined faith of hundreds of dead convicts in space."

"Gimme.......the.......pillssss."

Take the goddam pills myself. If I cannot reach the pills, scream for a competent medic.

((HELP ME MESK!))
Well, you're already asleep now, but I gotta say, you must be pretty desperate to be calling for mesk.

((If nobody else has a better idea, I'm going to go and get Miyamoto, before he ends up as a dead +Metal Statue+ that menaces with spikes of battlesuit plate. He's going to be one anyways, no way around that, but it is preferable that he remains a live one inside.))

Use my rockets to shift Miyamoto so he's entirely on the shore, wait a bit for any molten metal on him to cool so it can't cause contact harm, and hitch him to the shuttle.
You take the shuttle's winch cable and jet down to the surface. You wrap the cord around Miyamoto's left arm and lock it in place. You give a call to Lukas for him to grab hold of Miyamoto so that mesk can pull them both out at once. You're not really sure if he gets the message, but you can hope.

Be useful
Honestly not sure what there is for you to do around here right now. I suppose you could go explore somewhere unexplored. Or go punch Morul. Or go kick the crystal. Thats always been a good idea.

ignore the pills, allow the other two to figure them out then commence with the eyeball installation.

((I swear to god if i roll another one im rage quitting and going back to my braincase studies.))
Well, lets see about putting in some fake eyes then.
[med:6+1]
You step over to the unconcious body of Morul, wide bore drill in hand.
"Two Eyes are so boring. Lets go for a third."

Michael tackles you, screaming "I'M HELPING!"

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #14786 on: June 21, 2013, 10:14:08 pm »

((I love how the doc seems to have removed at least part of Lukas' equilibrioception (That is, the sense of balance, of which the sense of what direction 'up' is is a part) and replaced it with the existential dread of being a fruit.

And I think Bishop may possibly have just gotten Morul a painkiller addiction, much like himself.))

Mesk, try to tow them out, I've got a cable hooked around Miyamoto, and Lukas should be holding onto him if he can, but I don't think the winch will take them both at once, if Lukas is on it as well.

Continue coordinating the rescue operation.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #14787 on: June 21, 2013, 10:15:21 pm »

Such are the mysteries of the divine.

Wake up.  Find someone to preach to.  Failing that, just read the next page of the Engineer's Pantheon.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #14788 on: June 21, 2013, 10:18:02 pm »

Go watch the sensors.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14789 on: June 21, 2013, 10:23:34 pm »

((I don't care about addiction, I care about being doctored correctly! MESK! HELP!))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))
Pages: 1 ... 984 985 [986] 987 988 ... 1256