Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 983 984 [985] 986 987 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3941273 times)

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 9: Screwed and Mutinous
« Reply #14760 on: June 21, 2013, 02:08:15 am »

((you could try poking around with a metal pole until you find him?))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #14761 on: June 21, 2013, 02:16:08 am »

((you could try poking around with a metal pole until you find him?))

((And then what? I can't dip myself into the molten iron to retrieve him from under the surface, and Miyamoto probably won't be repaired by that point.))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14762 on: June 21, 2013, 02:51:37 am »

((attach one end of the pole to the winch and use it to guide the hook below and around him so when you retract it it tightens like a noose and pulls him up?))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #14763 on: June 21, 2013, 02:54:50 am »

((You could use buckets to bail out the molten iron eventually revealing him although that would be highly impractical))
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #14764 on: June 21, 2013, 03:11:24 am »

((attach one end of the pole to the winch and use it to guide the hook below and around him so when you retract it it tightens like a noose and pulls him up?))

((That hardly even makes sense. Winching a pole doesn't work, and if you mean using a pole to guide a winch wire, the issue becomes that of the wire's strength. It might not retain enough strength in such extreme conditions to bear the load, if it even remains solid.

Not to mention we've no idea how deep he is. At least, he shouldn't be sinking, and might even float somewhat, molten iron probably being denser than his robot body. Although said density also means that he won't be passively floating all the way to the surface anytime soon.))
« Last Edit: June 21, 2013, 03:13:17 am by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14765 on: June 21, 2013, 03:25:38 am »

((yeah i meant using the pole to guide the hook or whatever, it would at least tell him which way is up.

anyways new plan: we have established that microwave manipulators/amps can lower temperature as well as increase it right?

why don't we freeze a thin layer of iron around him (maybe a few centimeters for strength) as well as a tapered cone or something above him so that there is less resistance when hes being pulled up then hook the winch onto that and melt the iron back off once hes on the shore?))

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #14766 on: June 21, 2013, 03:31:30 am »

((I was going to suggest a harpoon, but I somehow doubt Lukas and Miyamoto would be in favor of the idea.
Not that they can really object in-character since they're mostly offline, and/or incapacitated. ^_^

And, well, there's the obvious (and stupid) way. Use the mass murder manipulator to cool the iron until it solidifies, then hitch the resulting ferrous iceberg to the shuttle and drag it off. Lots of downsides, for Lukas especially, but it's marginally safer.

prepost edit: ninja'd. ))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14767 on: June 21, 2013, 04:01:48 am »

((its not really that stupid is it?

freezing the iron would lower the risk of a thermal breach in his suit and allow us to attach the winch (provided we have one) without risk of the cable snapping due to thermal stress, all with the added bonus of not having to enter the iron ourselves.

of course there is the risk we could have an overshot and end up freezing a giant block of iron but isn't he really close to shore?
there's only so far he can sink after all, and if that's the case then all we have to do is cut him out and we can be on our merry way.))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #14768 on: June 21, 2013, 05:21:30 am »

((Two things:
Miyamoto's most stuff (including rockets) is offline. He can move, but moving his right arm hurts.
There are some kind of giant magma snakes/dragons in the lake. Make sure they don't eat Miyamoto or Lukas or the Shuttle. Don't know if they will, but better keep an eye out.))

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14769 on: June 21, 2013, 05:22:55 am »

((Don't forget that laser rifles can cut iron easily so we could freeze it solid, MAGMA DRAGONS?!!!))
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #14770 on: June 21, 2013, 05:26:26 am »

((Don't forget that laser rifles can cut iron easily so we could freeze it solid, MAGMA DRAGONS?!!!))
((No, not really, I just call them that because I find it cool.
They're actually giant stone snakes swimming in the lake. Think eastern dragons (long snake like body) not western.
What was that stone snake pokemon called? I think it's something like that.))

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14771 on: June 21, 2013, 05:29:27 am »

Magma onix?

Do want

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14772 on: June 21, 2013, 07:30:11 am »

((Call dibs on capture for RnD dept))

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14773 on: June 21, 2013, 07:39:17 am »

((call dibs on eggs/offspring for petting zoo and cavalry training projects.))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #14774 on: June 21, 2013, 01:22:39 pm »

remember how pills work and apply medication, if my knowledge fails me again repeatedly punch him in the face until he passes out.

After rendering him unconscious through either method strap him to the table and install his new eyeballs.

[med:1+1] You crush a handful of pills and yodel. It proves ineffective.
[Dex:1]
[Str:2]
You take a swing at morul but end up punching Bishop in the stomach. Luckily you punch like a squid with muscular dystrophy so you're not even sure he notices.

Keep holding the crazy guy still. If the dude applying medication fails to do so, roll my eyes and snark at his fail, just for kicks.
"Oh yeah, I take it back. All that debt from the student loans was totally worth it for that medical degree. It is being put to amazing use right here. I am stunned and amazed at you nigh machine-like accuracy and knowledge. But you punch like an Octopus with some sort of Palsy."

try to use !!!SCIENCE!!! To figure out which way is up and try to go that way.
[int:1]
You come to the conclusion that you are a lemon. You go completely still and unresponsive, just like a lemon.

Pages: 1 ... 983 984 [985] 986 987 ... 1256