Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 969 970 [971] 972 973 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3937648 times)

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 9: Screwed and Mutinous
« Reply #14550 on: June 12, 2013, 02:13:43 am »

((New plan, keep freezing its buttcracks until its incapable of firing and/or has rageblasted so many times that it has dug itself an inescapable pit.))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #14551 on: June 12, 2013, 02:16:35 am »

((That might actually work........*famous last words*))
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #14552 on: June 12, 2013, 02:35:05 am »

((Why don't we just toss Simus's wad of high explosives down at it? It's already made a crater for itself.

Though if we had the option, I would prefer massed kinetic bombardment. If we can shatter it into fragments, it should stop being a threat at least long enough for us to toss it into our trash disposal unit. Well, most of it at least. Should keep some of it as samples for testing.))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14553 on: June 12, 2013, 03:05:13 am »

((Or if that doesn't work, we can always sacrifice some virgins on a makeshift altar. We've got one female on the team, I suppose she can be used for something (and no, Simus doesn't count). Actually, is Zephyris even a virgin?

The problems with throwing explosives at the thing, is that they cost us money. Specifically, they cost Simus money. Or even more specifically, they will begin to cost her if she just throws them away. And doesn't anyone think that it will be worth more alive than dead? Rare species and all.))
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14554 on: June 12, 2013, 03:38:25 am »

And doesn't anyone think that it will be worth more alive than dead? Rare species and all.))
((I don't think we have a cage large or laser-proof enough.))

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #14555 on: June 12, 2013, 03:47:16 am »

Lukas turns around, suprised that nothing has happened.

"Oh...Well."

He contacts Miyamoto: "So...What's our plan now, chief?"

Walk back to base
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14556 on: June 12, 2013, 04:07:47 am »

And doesn't anyone think that it will be worth more alive than dead? Rare species and all.))
No, but im pretty sure we can store it piece by piece in our nigh unlimited amount of sample containers by breaking it apart and storing each shard before they can adapt and reconnect to the main structure
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14557 on: June 12, 2013, 04:21:28 am »

No, but im pretty sure we can store it piece by piece in our nigh unlimited amount of sample containers by breaking it apart and storing each shard before they can adapt and reconnect to the main structure
((My line of reasoning was that even if we can't catch it, the sword will. Especially knowing the exact location.))
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14558 on: June 12, 2013, 04:27:55 am »

((I doubt even the Sword has accommodations for a giant aggressive laser-spewing death crystal. Plus, you'd still need some way to take it up to the Sword, and if you want to do it by hitching the thing to the shuttle, then I would prefer to stay planetoidside.

Breaking it up into fragments would be the more logical thing to do, but we can't stuff all of it into containers.
Although one of those "very slow" anomaly zones could probably make for decent temporary storage...))

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14559 on: June 12, 2013, 04:53:25 am »

((You realize we dont have to accommodate the entire crystal right?
Its a liquid lifeform after all, albiet one with the ability to alter its moleclar structure.))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #14560 on: June 12, 2013, 05:32:35 am »

((Here's a thought for you chemistry knowing people. Is there a way to extract oxygen from a chemical? Maybe some other chemical that oxygen prefers to bond with or some kind of catalyst? I'm thinking that since that thing needed oxygen to form, depriving it of the oxygen it has absorbed will cause it to go inert again.

Also, Thearpox, don't let Flint hear you talking about Simus's  beautiful robotic curves like that. She clearly is a female and any Demon would be lucky to have her. :P))
« Last Edit: June 12, 2013, 05:34:12 am by Parisbre56 »

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14561 on: June 12, 2013, 06:00:01 am »

((I'm trying to feign ignorance so that I can use the "Simus is a girl?" line in-character. :P))

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #14562 on: June 12, 2013, 07:26:26 am »

((Here's a thought for you chemistry knowing people. Is there a way to extract oxygen from a chemical? Maybe some other chemical that oxygen prefers to bond with or some kind of catalyst? I'm thinking that since that thing needed oxygen to form, depriving it of the oxygen it has absorbed will cause it to go inert again.

((Florine or Francium which we don't have so probably nothing in that regard at our disposal))
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #14563 on: June 12, 2013, 07:58:29 am »

((Chemically speaking, oxygen is... difficult to separate from things it's bonded to. The biggest way to separate oxygen chemically is to heat superoxides, chlorates, and perchlorates, but other than those, you're pretty much out of luck unless you're dealing with water, which has some very complicated (and so far, inefficient) catalysts. Normal oxides, you can use fluorine (not recommended, it's not just oxides it attacks - it's the reason the chemical in one of my grenades is so insanely dangerous (perhaps I could use that?)).

Francium, I don't think attacks oxides, and only has a half-life of 22 minutes anyways.

Anyways, for all we know, it might not even use the oxygen in its structure.))
« Last Edit: June 12, 2013, 08:04:03 am by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #14564 on: June 12, 2013, 10:50:36 am »

((Well, there was breathable a breathable atmosphere in the sector the lake was and that thing sucked all the atmosphere when forming so it definitely has oxygen in it. Don't know if it has Nitrogen, I think you can breath without it if the pressure is right.

But anyway, unless we can find some kind of chemical containing sector, not much we can do about it, based on what you tell me.))
Pages: 1 ... 969 970 [971] 972 973 ... 1256