Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 963 964 [965] 966 967 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3937349 times)

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 9: Screwed and Mutinous
« Reply #14460 on: June 09, 2013, 12:43:06 am »

((Yes I am, and I am trying to trap it in a big hole full of lava/rock vapor))
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14461 on: June 09, 2013, 12:45:29 am »

((What method are you using to do this? Manipulators or Amps?))

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14462 on: June 09, 2013, 12:48:49 am »

((so you're not going for a rock slide?
i do believe im gonna go edit my action from run away to run away faster.))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14463 on: June 09, 2013, 12:53:02 am »

((Manipulators))
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14464 on: June 09, 2013, 01:28:50 am »

((I come back, and suddenly very happy to be away from you guys. Somehow I doubt the result will be the same as in the dam mission.))

Missed me last turn. Let the girl sleep. Continue reading HMRCP from the start.
PS: I'm just assuming that in order to sleep in this mess one would have to turn off the coms to the teammates.

"Hey guys, about how far in did theird head-noise start in that one zone?"
"Dunno, I wasn't with them, and they didn't mark it. Team Green it was, albeit I don't think they have the time right now for that, with that monstrocity running around.
Are you sure you want to explore it alone? You might want to grab several drones from the cart then. And don't forget to mark what you find."
« Last Edit: June 09, 2013, 12:56:50 pm by Thearpox »
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14465 on: June 09, 2013, 01:33:06 am »

((You do know what happened the last time someone tried to do something that big, right? Things get harder to do the more complicated or larger the area you're trying to manipulate. And the results if you screw up, can and probably will, be SEVERE.

I'm going to flee for my life now.))

Seeing an idiot pull out a manipulator with a twirl, Bishop suddenly has a sinking feeling in his gut.

"Oooh shit, not one of those! RUN!"

Fly hard and fast away from this suicidal idiot with the manipulator!

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #14466 on: June 09, 2013, 04:22:50 am »

"I have a bad feeling about this. I'm not taking any chances, I'm going as far away as possible."

Run after Bishop for as long as possible. Then take cover. Preferably more than three mile away.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2013, 06:49:13 am by Tavik Toth »

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #14467 on: June 09, 2013, 06:18:24 am »

"I have a bad feeling about this. I'm not taking any chances, I'm going as far away as possible."

Run after Bishop for at least two hundred meters. Then take cover.
((You want more distance than that. Way more.))
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14468 on: June 09, 2013, 06:42:23 am »

((I have a +1 so I can hardly EPIC FAIL))

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #14469 on: June 09, 2013, 06:43:37 am »

((You can still overshoot. Which can be as bad. Or worse. Far, far worse.))

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #14470 on: June 09, 2013, 06:46:45 am »

Run after Bishop for at least two hundred meters. Then take cover.
((You want more distance than that. Way more.))
((In the immortal words of one Burt Gummer:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

"It's going to be BIG!"))

Anton considers his options, then brings up the radio channel to Miyamoto and Simus.

"Team Leader, XO, I think repairing the shuttle is going to require the assistance of one Morul Mig.. er. Well, the Morul guy. Who, as I understand, is rather tied up at the moment. Don't know what he was thinking when he shot this thing up, but there are so many potential faults that without some sort of external scanner we're likely to miss something that will bite us in the hindquarters when we least expect it - and he's the closest thing to a scanner we've got, unfortunately.

With your permission, I'll go check up on him and see if he can't be persuaded to cooperate under some security conditions.
"

Even as he is saying that, Anton walks back to the base to check on Morul. He also checks the Red Hand for a possible way to dial the spark gap current to non-lethal levels, while keeping the voltage high, so that the electrolaser can still work. A stun setting, it occurs to him, may be a worthwhile pursuit at this time.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #14471 on: June 09, 2013, 06:47:50 am »

((Yes. Yes you can epic fail. And you most likely will epic fail. When you try a hard thing with your manipulator it's like taking a -1 to it. The harder the thing you try, the more -1s there are. And every time you try something hard with a manipulator or amp you also strain your mind, lowering those hidden concentration points that when low give you even more -1s. And considering what you're trying to achieve...

The only question now is whether or not your manipulator overload will result in your manipulator being destroyed, you being destroyed or the entire everything around you in a 10km radius being destroyed.

Unless you make an incredibly lucky roll. Then you may just escape with a mere "nothing happens".))
« Last Edit: June 09, 2013, 06:59:04 am by Parisbre56 »

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #14472 on: June 09, 2013, 06:50:57 am »

((I think the phrase 'WTF BOOM' fits this scenario.))

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14473 on: June 09, 2013, 07:12:41 am »

((Corsair, 'failure is the only option' is pretty much guaranteed if you go through with this.
If you just want to do something with your amp, maybe try freezing over that hole from where the fluid is pouring, so that it can't keep doing whatever it is doing.))

In case Corsair pulls through with his vaporize ground action: GTFO. Preferably away from both him and his target area.

((Yes, meta as hell, I know, but dying in such a stupid way would be a real bummer.))

Anton considers his options, then brings up the radio channel to Miyamoto and Simus.

"Team Leader, XO, I think repairing the shuttle is going to require the assistance of one Morul Mig.. er. Well, the Morul guy. Who, as I understand, is rather tied up at the moment. Don't know what he was thinking when he shot this thing up, but there are so many potential faults that without some sort of external scanner we're likely to miss something that will bite us in the hindquarters when we least expect it - and he's the closest thing to a scanner we've got, unfortunately.

With your permission, I'll go check up on him and see if he can't be persuaded to cooperate under some security conditions.
"

Even as he is saying that, Anton walks back to the base to check on Morul. He also checks the Red Hand for a possible way to dial the spark gap current to non-lethal levels, while keeping the voltage high, so that the electrolaser can still work. A stun setting, it occurs to him, may be a worthwhile pursuit at this time.

'I was going to make him help out once this thing is dealt with. You should get out or hide in the ai room in case this goes horrible wrong. I'm afraid he might try to make a run for it if you release him while we're all rather preoccupied.'
« Last Edit: June 09, 2013, 07:16:46 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14474 on: June 09, 2013, 07:58:42 am »

((Yes. Yes you can epic fail. And you most likely will epic fail. When you try a hard thing with your manipulator it's like taking a -1 to it. The harder the thing you try, the more -1s there are. And every time you try something hard with a manipulator or amp you also strain your mind, lowering those hidden concentration points that when low give you even more -1s. And considering what you're trying to achieve...

The only question now is whether or not your manipulator overload will result in your manipulator being destroyed, you being destroyed or the entire everything around you in a 10km radius being destroyed.

Unless you make an incredibly lucky roll. Then you may just escape with a mere "nothing happens".))
((Oh well Ill edit))

In case Corsair pulls through with his vaporize ground action: GTFO. Preferably away from both him and his target area.

((Yes, meta as hell, I know, but dying in such a stupid way would be a real bummer.))
((Not really meta I did announce it))
« Last Edit: June 09, 2013, 08:02:10 am by Corsair »
Pages: 1 ... 963 964 [965] 966 967 ... 1256