Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 955 956 [957] 958 959 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3937366 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 9: Screwed and Mutinous
« Reply #14340 on: June 04, 2013, 11:46:21 pm »

Continue wheeling around the base and going WHEEE and being totally oblivious to what is going on.

((Damn sick leave and missing everything exciting.))
You wheel yourself around, singing and bumping into things. Your hearing is pretty much back and you're feeling more balanced. You should be up and around soon enough.

wander around the base wondering why i seem to be the most sane one here.
"It's probably an illusion" is the conclusion you come to as you watch the rest of the crazy people run outside carrying torches and pitch forks.

Mesk climbs out of the cockpit after taking a moment to collect himself and surveys the damage to the shuttle.
"Shit, that was close... a bit more my way and I woulda caught a bullet."
He quickly realizes the shooter could still be around and dives for cover.
Try to determine damage to the shuttle from underneath it.
From what you can see on the ground: The big hole that the bullet punched is probably where the most damage came from; but it's hard to say what it did. There are smaller holes and you think one of those fuel lines might be leaking as well. Overall, it doesn't look good.

Lukas walks around confused.

"What just happened? Mutiny!?"

Aid Mesk in checking the damage

You sort of just stand around, completely unfazed, and poke at the ship. Your eye isn't as well trained as mesk's so all you can really say about it is "There's a hole here."

Am I well enough to drive?
You're driving a wheelchair well enough...ok, well, maybe not "Well" but you're not hitting the walls very often.

Everyone else tries to murder Morul
The enraged hordes, some carrying makeshift cudgels, others with space torches, storm out of the base or the forcibly landed craft and up toward the access ladder. While they swarm like enraged space bees, Morul drags himself over to the ladder and attempts to slide down and escape. Unfortunately his inner ear damage combined with the fear of imminent mob justice results in him catching a rung half way down and doing a half somersault onto the rock below. When the angry mob does finally turn the corner and finds the target of their rage they're...well...rather disappointed. He's there, all prebeaten and unconscious.  How anti-climatic.

"If only he had stayed on the roof we could have had an awesome shoot out!"

As the team mourns the loss of their action sequence, alvin sends out an all message to everyone around the base.

HIGH ENERGY REACTION DETECTED. HIGH ENERGY REACTION DETECTED.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14341 on: June 04, 2013, 11:58:13 pm »

You gotta be kidding me... morul fucks our shuttle and we get an energy storm... someones gonna get screwed over, i can see it coming.

confiscate moruls gun and kick him forcibly in the crotch for good measure, drag him to life support and somehow tie him up.

Also grab my machete and guard him in case he tries to escape when he wakes up.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2013, 12:25:24 am by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #14342 on: June 05, 2013, 12:10:45 am »

((PW: So which would be the accurate measurement? Internal consistency with the information you gave during the autopsy (references to lead and tungsten with regards to density) leads me to believe that it would be 0.106lbs/in3, with the original being the corrected 19g/cm3.

This also makes it much, much more viable than your second statement, as with this density, you could have 7 times more material for approximately the same weight that was be given by your second statement, which happens to be 15.98 times denser than osmium, which is the densest naturally occurring element.))

To everyone on base: I think everyone should gather in Life Support or the AI Core. NOW.

To those not on base: Those of you who are not on the base, stay where you are, ALVIN has warned us here of a high energy event. What kind, it did not say. Stay put and don't be alarmed if we're out of contact for a while.

To ALVIN: What kind of reaction?

Attempt to herd others on base with me into Life Support or the AI Core.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2013, 01:13:25 am by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #14343 on: June 05, 2013, 12:25:35 am »

Grab my equipment, and some syringes and drugs from the medbay, before running down to the AI core.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #14344 on: June 05, 2013, 01:32:02 am »

To Alvin:"WHERE?!"
wait for response
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14345 on: June 05, 2013, 01:50:35 am »

"Serves him right for climbing around with inner ear damage."

Grab some food and water and head to the AI core for shelter, pronto!

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #14346 on: June 05, 2013, 02:08:17 am »

"Thing's moving eastwards. Looks like we can call of this attack for now, since it won't threaten the base from there." I really wanted to attack it before it had changed. There doesn't seem to be much to gain by sampling it now... "I'll keep following it and reporting back."

Go the long way around the electrical fields so that I can follow the thing without entering the electrical fields. Begin standard rock throwing  procedure once I enter unknown territory.
May I have my missed action from the previous turn, please? Where am I? What did I see while I was watching crystalthing? What's crystalthing doing now? Am I in danger? Did I get vaporized? I kinda need to know those stuff so that I know how to react and provide info to the others.

EDIT: Also, can I detect the signal of the drone that vanished in the black domes?
« Last Edit: June 05, 2013, 09:15:18 am by Parisbre56 »

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #14347 on: June 05, 2013, 02:25:33 am »

Lukas turns to Mesk: "Great, now what? You think we should go back to the base to take cover from this high energy charge thing?"

Don't wait for an answer. Walk back to base straight away. (How far away am I btw?)
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #14348 on: June 05, 2013, 02:42:18 am »

Anton is just done parking the MPV and unloading and storing the trailer in the Garage when the alert is sounded.

"Great, another one. If this keeps up, one of these days this planetoid's going to spontaneously combust while we're not looking. ALVIN! What are we dealing with, will the base be safe?"

Anton asks these questions on the run, making best speed to CCR. Once there he repeats the sensor check from last time the base was threatened. Where is it, how big, where is it pointing.

Enact either 'Hide in Bunker' or 'Vacate the Premises' routines based on ALVIN's data and what can be seen on the sensors.

((Darn it, you people always have the most exciting things happen when I leave.

Maybe I should leave more often. ^_^))
« Last Edit: June 05, 2013, 02:43:49 am by Sean Mirrsen »
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #14349 on: June 05, 2013, 04:03:12 am »

Jack wakes up. "Crap."

Take cover in the AI core.

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14350 on: June 05, 2013, 04:17:52 am »

Yeah, we should probably get an update from Flint before anything.

Enact either 'Hide in Bunker' or 'Vacate the Premises' routines based on what Anton finds.

((It can still make more sense to leave the base instead of staying in it. Not that you know how to drive a rocketbike.

And the message still stands, it just means you'll depart later, after the incident. This also goes out to everyone I've sent the message out to.

Also, what would be really amusing, is if the shot goes straight through the prone shuttle. That would wreck my day.))
« Last Edit: June 05, 2013, 07:53:23 am by Thearpox »
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

MutzelRX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14351 on: June 05, 2013, 07:45:21 am »

((Holy crap. I guess it's a little too late to respond to Vichs message now.))

Take shelter in the AI core
In case of emergency:
Scream. Break glass. Bleed to death.
-----
ER: Suicide bombing with miniature suns against living crystalline skyscraper-battleships

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #14352 on: June 05, 2013, 08:47:21 am »

Lars waved his arms in the air.  "O Algis, may your shielding hands protect us from this high energy stuff!  Pathmas, may we be ever in your favor.  In the name of Steve, amen."

That done, he headed for the AI core with the group.

Say prayer.  Head to AI core.  Let someone soft-looking go first in case I fall, so I can land on them.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #14353 on: June 05, 2013, 08:56:11 am »

((Also, what would be really amusing, is if the shot goes straight through the prone shuttle. That would wreck my day.))
((Not as much as it would wreck Morul's day. :P
But that's not a big problem. Miyamoto and Lukas can carry it away.

I'm more worried about Flint. We can't have someone come pick me up because of the danger. So my only choices are either hide behind a black tower and hope the radiation won't go through it, start running towards the base and hope I'm far enough so that the radiation won't boil my brain or start running further away from the base and hope I come across some black domes so that I can teleport to the other side of the map.))

Say prayer.  Head to AI core.  Let someone soft-looking go first in case I fall, so I can land on them.
((The best use for a teammate!))
« Last Edit: June 05, 2013, 08:58:19 am by Parisbre56 »

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14354 on: June 05, 2013, 08:57:59 am »

((Funny how i post some RP one day, go to sleep, and when I check the thread there are PAGES UPON PAGES of rp out of frakking nowhere. Nice.

Also, will be responding to stuff from before the latest update because it'd be moot otherwise.))

Miyamoto, my suit can more than tank gauss rounds, remember? It phases me out so the projectile goes right through. In any case, he probably won't get a chance to shoot.
'Oh right, that weird suit you have. I forgot about that. You know, now that you mention it, how does that even work? I mean, how does it activate, is it automatic or do you need to think about it?'

((The feeds ARE labelled actually. They had the names of the previous team's members before Simus changed them.
And "I shot the shuttle. But I didn't shoot the pilot seat."))
"Erm... I see. Ummm... Thanks for the info. I guess."

'Always a pleasure.'

((Those new lyrics fit surprisingly well into that song.))

"The reason I shot the shuttle is because you would not listen to reason. We know dick diddly squat about this crystal, and for all we know, all it's doing is grabbing a bite to eat, and looking for somewhere else to sleep. As long as it leaves us alone, let's leave it alone. Do unto others and all that crap. Because seriously, I just proved what happens when you get attacked. You go all murdermode on the perceived threat. It is much bigger than us, and judging on how much electricity it just abosorbed, it has way more killing power than us."
'Damn it Morul, you are so wrong on so many levels that if it were a contest you'd be Champion of the Galaxy by now. We were not, in fact, going out to just shoot it. We were moving into a position that would allow us to actually do something if it was, indeed, posing a threat to us. '

"Because I know EXACTLY what my bullet hit. If you ask nicely, I can tell you, so you don't have to tear the shuttle apart to figure it out. Plus there is the wreckage of the other shuttle to scavenge parts from. And don't forget the rocket pods you so kindly pointed out, as well as the mini-shuttles, the rocket bikes, the MPV, and those things called legs you are standing on."
'If you ask nicely I will refrain from tying you to a chair for the rest of the year after that shuttle is repaired.'

"Need I state that a shuttle isn't exactly the best combat platform? No room to dodge, relying on a pilot to do that, no offence Mesk, and sorry about that shuttle, I know you liked it, and as demonstrated it can easily be grounded. If you had a grasp of tactics, you would understand that it would be best to have the crystal come to you, make it fight by your terms, on your turf. If need be, we can set up fortifications, reinforce them, what have you. But until then, provoking the crystal only ends in death and destruction. And not by any means is it certain that it would be the crystals."

'We were never going to fire from a frigging shuttle, but we needed that to get anywhere in any sort of decent time. And boy, if you think holing up in a base, which is our only lifeline on this rock, is the best thing to do in this particular situation, then 'tactics' is not a concept you should accuse others of lacking. It is NOT always best to fight on your own turf, you should instead strive to make the conditions favor your side, which in this case means diverting any threats away from this base. And no amount of fortifications would help you if that thing either walks over us, or starts lobbing rocks again. This is simply not the kind of enemy a static defense is good against.

While my plan indeed had its risks, tell me you Sun Tzu wannabe: If instead of wandering away that thing would have started shooting us, where in your magnificent strategy is your plan B? Cause without a shuttle we'd all be sitting ducks here. At least my idea ensured there would be people in the field to handle with it, instead now Flint is alone out there risking his life for us.'

"Well, simply put, there are a number of people who want to kill me down there. Would you walk into a group of enemies with greater numbers and firepower than you? If not, then why expect me to? If you all agree to not kill me, I'll throw you my rifle, and climb on down. Simple."
'Despite all the damage you caused, I can assure you you will not get physically hurt for your actions. Punished, yes, but I ain't no psychopath.'

"Hrmm. I agree there is no way off this roof that doesn't end in capture. All I want is a guarantee that my getting off this roof will not end in death."

Open comms to all teammates: 'While I know many of you are pissed at him for what he did, let it be known now that any who unnecessarily hurt or damage him will get the exact same punishment as he will. The. Exact. Same. No discussions on this, we are better than an angry mob.'

'You know, a lot of this could have been avoided if you had given any of your reasoning before you shot one of our most valuable assets. Or at least ask for more info before acting rashly. Instead all I got from you was a 'my gut feeling says no' and that's all. In fact, had the rest of the team agreed that going out was a bad idea I would not have gone through with it. Because I do, in fact, listen to reason instead of just using brute force to get what I want.

Let it be known that If any of you ever think I'm making a disastrously wrong decision, if you can get over half the crew to agree with you I will refrain fro whatever it was I was planning. Because yes, I do try to simply do what's best for us all.'

Fly to base, carry Mesk and lukas if I can, go in Ai core and try to determine what is happening. Also drag Morul to Life support if no-one else does.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2013, 09:21:18 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.
Pages: 1 ... 955 956 [957] 958 959 ... 1256