Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 953 954 [955] 956 957 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3937318 times)

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 9: Screwed and Mutinous
« Reply #14310 on: June 04, 2013, 04:38:20 pm »

To Flint: "Flint, fuck. Let the diplomat handle the talking. All you're accomplishing is drowning my voice out. If you have something new to say, send me a message, and I'll relay to him."

"Look, I get that you're trying to make a point, but being stuck on a dome is not the best position for making it. Especially not with guys like Jack out for your blood. Your voice will be drowned out by cries for blood.

Come quietly, we'll subdue you, and then you can, like the civilized person you pretend to be, tell us what your problem is."

((Was it ever stated that the dome cannot handle Miyamoto? Or that he needs to land? Because Morul is making a lot of assumptions.))
« Last Edit: June 04, 2013, 04:40:27 pm by Thearpox »
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14311 on: June 04, 2013, 04:40:17 pm »

"At last, a sensible person. I'm not really accomplising anything by resisting, as you are by threatening me. And if you want to use a manipluator, remember I am sitting on our only shelter in this very hostile world. But enough of that. The reason I shot the shuttle is because you would not listen to reason. We know dick diddly squat about this crystal, and for all we know, all it's doing is grabbing a bite to eat, and looking for somewhere else to sleep. As long as it leaves us alone, let's leave it alone. Do unto others and all that crap. Because seriously, I just proved what happens when you get attacked. You go all murdermode on the perceived threat. It is much bigger than us, and judging on how much electricity it just abosorbed, it has way more killing power than us."
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #14312 on: June 04, 2013, 04:47:42 pm »

"How do you expect us to explore the outer sectors now?"

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14313 on: June 04, 2013, 04:49:57 pm »

To Jack: "I said, shut up and let me speak. Send me a message if you've got anything."

"Not only do I not remember you saying that before you fired the shot, you also destroyed an important piece of equipment.

Look at it from our side. You shut down a shuttle AND you disobeyed the orders of your superior commander. And what do you propose? That we just let it go? Do you really mean to say that just because somebody thinks they're right, they can do this?"

Privately to Morul: "Look, man. I actually agree with you. I was against going out to kill this crystal. But orders are orders, and when you do something, you have to take responsibility for it. And you have to take responsibility for shooting down that shuttle, right or wrong. Right now, if you come without resisting, we might be to mitigate this. You'll state your position, we discuss it over, and who knows, that will be it. But if you don't... I think you can picture that. Especially if somebody decides to use manipulators."
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #14314 on: June 04, 2013, 04:52:10 pm »

"shutting up."

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14315 on: June 04, 2013, 04:53:47 pm »

"Because I know EXACTLY what my bullet hit. If you ask nicely, I can tell you, so you don't have to tear the shuttle apart to figure it out. Plus there is the wreckage of the other shuttle to scavenge parts from. And don't forget the rocket pods you so kindly pointed out, as well as the mini-shuttles, the rocket bikes, the MPV, and those things called legs you are standing on."
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #14316 on: June 04, 2013, 04:54:46 pm »

"That was NOT your choice to make. And what would have happened if that thing was dangerous and we needed the shuttle to defend the base? What would have happened if you had missed? Did you think about that? What gives you the right to make that choice? Did you think about that? Huh? What then smart guy?"

((And not terribly important but that's a mini shuttle in the crash site.))
« Last Edit: June 04, 2013, 05:01:37 pm by Parisbre56 »

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14317 on: June 04, 2013, 05:00:24 pm »

"Need I state that a shuttle isn't exactly the best combat platform? No room to dodge, relying on a pilot to do that, no offence Mesk, and sorry about that shuttle, I know you liked it, and as demonstrated it can easily be grounded. If you had a grasp of tactics, you would understand that it would be best to have the crystal come to you, make it fight by your terms, on your turf. If need be, we can set up fortifications, reinforce them, what have you. But until then, provoking the crystal only ends in death and destruction. And not by any means is it certain that it would be the crystals."

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14318 on: June 04, 2013, 05:02:15 pm »

Quote from: Flint
Good point, but do me a favor and let one person speak. Or it becomes a cacophony.
I'm the appointed diplomat here after all.

((Writing the reply right now.))
« Last Edit: June 04, 2013, 05:06:07 pm by Thearpox »

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14319 on: June 04, 2013, 05:04:33 pm »

"Morul, do me a favor and shut Flint's feed off. He's not even here, and he shouldn't be speaking over me. If he was Miyamoto, I'd give precedence, but...meh."

((Once again, guys with faster typing speed (not me) win this. Which is at least part of the reason I'm so aggressive towards Flint. Paris is simply a faster typer than I am.))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #14320 on: June 04, 2013, 05:07:03 pm »

Quote from: Vich
I'm sorry, but that idiot is making me mad. I may have done some stupid things, but they were never dangerous to others, I never imposed my choices on others and I always obeyed a direct order. That guy is a danger to everyone around him until he understands why what he did was wrong. I'll try to remain quiet. You seem to have it under control. Just please, make him understand.

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14321 on: June 04, 2013, 05:15:08 pm »

Quote from: To Flint
Look, you were good, it's just that we can't have two people talking.

And this: "until he understands why what he did was wrong" doesn't matter right now. What matters, is to get him off that roof.

"Look, we can debate whether shuttle is a good platform or not, if erected defenses would have been sufficient, if your shot was skill or luck, or if my penis is bigger then yours.

That, doesn't matter right now. What matters, is that you're on that roof, and that there are at least a handful people here who will do stupid things to get you off it. Look you can argue how much damage you didn't do later, in a quiet room, and the closest approximation to tea we have.

Here is my question to you. What do you expect to happen? Are you just going to sit on that roof until Steve comes back, or what? I think I gave more than enough reasons for you to surrender. Why aren't you doing it?"

((And now we're going to an update in which Miyamoto brings Morul down without a single problem. That'd be a downer.))
« Last Edit: June 04, 2013, 05:27:01 pm by Thearpox »

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14322 on: June 04, 2013, 05:32:36 pm »

"Well, simply put, there are a number of people who want to kill me down there. Would you walk into a group of enemies with greater numbers and firepower than you? If not, then why expect me to? If you all agree to not kill me, I'll throw you my rifle, and climb on down. Simple."

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14323 on: June 04, 2013, 05:40:37 pm »

((That'd require a response from a dozen people, some of whom haven't been online for a while.))

Quote from: To Miyamoto
If you pledge for everyone, he will probably believe you. If you want to interject me, now's the time.

"You don't have to climb down, just don't shoot when you see a giant battlesuit. Miyamoto is not the sort of person to kill people like that. And the people I see around me don't actually look like they want to kill you... yet. But if you keep resisting...

But if you don't think you fully understand what will happen if you don't climb down. You'll not only have to defend against everyone, I can almost guarantee someone will try to use the amp or manipulator. Don't forget, this is HMRC. You may say that we would damage the roof, and you be right, but it won't stop people from doing it."

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #14324 on: June 04, 2013, 05:40:56 pm »

((Problem with most of this page: I've already put an action to restrain Morul before Kisame put the action to get on the roof at all. You're all negotiating with Morul when it's possible that it'll already be unneeded.))
« Last Edit: June 04, 2013, 05:43:49 pm by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.
Pages: 1 ... 953 954 [955] 956 957 ... 1256