Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 949 950 [951] 952 953 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3937588 times)

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 9: What?
« Reply #14250 on: June 02, 2013, 02:28:36 pm »

"If I remember correctly, it lobbed radioactive boulders at us AFTER we sent in a drone. Are you willing to gamble on the fact that it won't hurt you? And that whatever you do will damage it enough to keep it from harming you? Because I'm not."
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #14251 on: June 02, 2013, 03:24:13 pm »

"What about the previous team? It lobbed radioactive shards at them even though they did nothing to it."

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #14252 on: June 02, 2013, 03:46:04 pm »

Tell me where in the records the previous team had the same event happen to them without provocation? In fact, if I recall, it didn't happen at all to them.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #14253 on: June 02, 2013, 04:36:16 pm »

"That zone storm. What else could it had been? Ask ALVIN. I'm certain he'll confirm it."

((Kinda confused meta knowledge with character knowledge. Or did I? Had Sean shared the knowledge he gained from those videos IC?))

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #14254 on: June 02, 2013, 04:57:16 pm »

((It was never mentioned what exactly the zone storm was, if I recall.))

Quote from: ALVIN
Did the previous team ever experience an anomalous event similar to the one that has occurred to us, and if so, did they do anything within sector 6 beforehand?

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14255 on: June 02, 2013, 05:03:08 pm »

"That zone storm. What else could it had been? Ask ALVIN. I'm certain he'll confirm it."

((Kinda confused meta knowledge with character knowledge. Or did I? Had Sean shared the knowledge he gained from those videos IC?))
((Sean, a question about Anton's investigation of the video logs. How much it is public knowledge what you discovered? I don't suppose anyone missed the fact that you were sitting there for hours watching footage, but how much of the stuff known to Miyamoto is known to us?))
((Most of the things Anton found were only shared with Miyamoto and maybe Simus. Plus a lot more things that Anton thinks have happened are known only to him, since they are unfounded theories at the moment. So no, for the most part all of Anton's investigation results remain largely unknown to the general public.))
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #14256 on: June 02, 2013, 05:06:17 pm »

((Also, to PW: Your math was slightly off when you gave me the density again when I was testing it for armor properties, I found in the notes that you said it was 19g/cm2 during the autopsy (that's not even a correct density statement, the correct one that still gives 19g/cm2 would be 361g/cm3), which would equate to 2.0215lbs/in3, not .7lbs/in3, although a close number does crop up during the conversion step between grams to pounds. If I were to assume you meant 19g/cm3 the first time around, then it would end up at 0.106lbs/in3.))
« Last Edit: June 03, 2013, 01:06:14 am by PyroDesu »

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #14257 on: June 03, 2013, 02:39:59 am »

Lukas - strike team stupid

"Miyamoto, I never thought I would say this, but I have a bad feeling about shooting that thing. Can we even be sure that our weapons will hurt him? It's your call though."
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #14258 on: June 03, 2013, 03:55:24 am »

"What the hell is that thing over there?!"

Hide in the foxhole
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14259 on: June 03, 2013, 04:00:18 am »

"Miyamoto, I never thought I would say this, but I have a bad feeling about shooting that thing. Can we even be sure that our weapons will hurt him? It's your call though."

'We'll wait just a little longer, but if it does anything hostile or dangerous we'll at least be in an optimal position to shoot. Maybe you should get prepared? I'm Not sure how long it takes you to charge.'

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #14260 on: June 03, 2013, 05:30:04 am »

"Good point!"

Dig in at a spot where I have the best chance for a clear shot at the crystal thing and start charging the particle cannon.
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14261 on: June 03, 2013, 08:02:40 am »

awaken from uselessness induced coma, assess status of other expedition members

((Ive been trying to get back into this for a week or so but i simply cant find anything worthwhile for my character to do so im giving up on that and just gonna dick around until an opportunity presents itself.))
« Last Edit: June 03, 2013, 08:40:32 am by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #14262 on: June 03, 2013, 04:26:36 pm »

Take the fastest anomaly-avoiding route possible.
"Guys, it's starting to glow, I'd get the hell away from that thing. Glowing is bad."

Continue watching.
[morul con:4+1+1 pirate vision-1 injuries]
The shuttle begins to lift off, hovering a few feet in the air as mesk lays out the directions. As he works, Morul drags himself to the edge of the roof and props his rifle against the edge of the roof.

"When normal negotiation fails, we move on to enhanced negotiation."

He closes his bad eye and the world becomes a swirling mass of incalculably complex data; everything torn apart and spread open, a universe dissected. He can see every inch of the shuttle, every inch of every man inside it, every whirling part, every wire, fuel pump and spring. He can see the trajectory of his shot before he even pulls the trigger. And he knows exactly where to shoot.

He squeezes the trigger and a sends a single metal down range toward the shuttle. In impacts just behind the cockpit and fragments. The largest chunk, nearly half the shell, shorn in half to form a razor's edge, cuts through a bundle of wires behind the cockpit. The wires that carry signals to the engines. Without a signal they automatically enter a descent and slowly, if not gently, put the ship down. The rest of the fragments slice through various backups and systems that might allow the ship to continue flying and render them all inoperable. The shuttle lands with a heavy, though inaudible in the vacuum, thud.

Morul rolls back and lays on the roof.

"I'm gonna get court marshaled for this. Or I would, if it was possible."

"Wish I had a cigarette."

Mesk, back on board, furrows his brow in confusion.

"Ok, I'm fairly certain that wasn't me."

"I fully agree on that point, glowing is bad in my experience."

What about the ground vehicles? How well could I modify the trailer to carry large amounts of stuff?
Well, the larger ones look like they could pull a larger trailer alright, but you're not really sure how powerful they are just from looking. They look pretty robust though. Hmm.

Modifying the trailer, well that depends. More wheels and a heavier frame would definitely help.

Go for it. As long as you don't have me sprain my wrist everytime I roll a 1 on Dex, or pass out when I get a 1 on End, I'm cool. Because that would mean about a 40% (?) of injury, which is more than a but ridiculous.

The important thing to remember about playing something like that, is that it might be very difficult with a lot of rolls, but it's consistent. So I shouldn't fluctuate between virtuoso and horrible, more like keeping myself at some baseline and slowly improving. But then it's not a game system built for that, so whatever.

[Flute roll:2]
You blow on the flute, sort of trying to suss out how anything works. You spend a few minutes trying to play it like a piccolo and then a few more trying to use it like a trumpet. 

Try to make my hole a bit deeper and wider so that it can hopefully hide me and the others better if bad things start happening. Keep watching the thing, both with the drone and my own eyes. Keep watching the atmospheric and radiation sensors. Fire a tiny pulse (less then a second if possible) from cover and see if it has an effect on that thing. If it can cut it without causing strange things, try to cut a small piece of it off. ((Actually, now that I think about it, firing a laser might cause it to activate faster, like lighting a match. It's much safer to shoot it with a gauss rifle.)) Once Miyamoto gives me that gauss rifle, fire a round at that thing, if I think it will get there. (There's no atmosphere here, right?) Watch for what effect it has on the creature, where the piece falls if it falls and any reaction of the crystalthing after it's been shot (electrical discharge, change of colour, etc...)
You dig a bit deeper but something draws your attention away from that. The crystal is moving again. It's hundreds of root like legs are tearing themselves free and again it's traveling slowly eastward.

((Also, to PW: Your math was slightly off when you gave me the density again when I was testing it for armor properties, I found in the notes that you said it was 19g/cm2 during the autopsy (that's not even a correct density statement, the correct one that still gives 19g/cm2 would be 361g/cm3), which would equate to 2.0215lbs/in3, not .7lbs/in3, although a close number does crop up during the conversion step between grams to pounds. If I were to assume you meant 19g/cm3 the first time around, then it would end up at 0.106lbs/in3.))
Color me completely unsurprised that I fucked up the math somewhere along the line.

awaken from uselessness induced coma, assess status of other expedition members

((Ive been trying to get back into this for a week or so but i simply cant find anything worthwhile for my character to do so im giving up on that and just gonna dick around until an opportunity presents itself.))
Well...screwed and mutinous is probably the best way to put it.

And yeah, everyone on the ship who had things to do once you got over to Flint...yeah, I think you can understand why you're being skipped.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 9: Screwed and Mutinous
« Reply #14263 on: June 03, 2013, 04:30:45 pm »

Over radio to everyone:"IM GOING TO BEAT THE CRAP OUT OF WHOEVER SHOT THE SHUTTLE!"

Be unhappy. Also check cameras again to make sure I'm not seeing things. Then go beat the crap out of whoever shot the shuttle. With my shotgun. Shoot him if he resists.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2013, 04:41:22 pm by Tavik Toth »

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 9: Screwed and Mutinous
« Reply #14264 on: June 03, 2013, 04:34:49 pm »

((What the heck just happened? Does kisame need to have any additional instructions so he can act in character?

Waiting for other people before acting, since my character is currently not aware of anything.
Also, Tavik, I don't think Jack knows anything happened yet, and we certainly don't know it was a shot.))
« Last Edit: June 03, 2013, 04:43:10 pm by Thearpox »
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?
Pages: 1 ... 949 950 [951] 952 953 ... 1256