Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 946 947 [948] 949 950 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3938234 times)

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 9: What?
« Reply #14205 on: May 29, 2013, 02:27:44 pm »

Just wanted to finish something I'd started is all, Miyamoto, and I know that we're not equipped for in-depth study. However, now that I'm done, I might be able to get those of us who don't have any fancy armor something better than just the Mk1 suit. Jury-rigged, of course, and not exactly a featherweight, but considering the Mk1... Anyways, I'm packing high-explosives and am on my way to you now, vice Mesk.

Make a note of the weight of the plate, then hitch a ride with Mesk on the shuttle and load up the launcher with one of the three high-EX shells. Keep the armory Gauss Rifle and the clip that I used 1 shell from. await Miyamoto while keeping tabs on the situation through team-cams in the control room.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2013, 10:04:16 pm by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #14206 on: May 29, 2013, 02:44:56 pm »

(Ok, before I take off, who's currently on the shuttle, who still needs to get on the shuttle, and who am I picking up?)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #14207 on: May 29, 2013, 02:51:16 pm »

Lars perks up.  A call to holy battle!  "We ride to war!"

Get my gimp ass on the shuttle if I can make it.  REDACTED- real action later
« Last Edit: May 29, 2013, 03:04:00 pm by Toaster »
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14208 on: May 29, 2013, 02:56:31 pm »

(Ok, before I take off, who's currently on the shuttle, who still needs to get on the shuttle, and who am I picking up?)
((That depends on whose commands you follow.

Vich and Zephyris were there before, and Lars with Simus just hopped in.
Red Team needs to be picked up.
Now if you follow Miyamoto, nobody needs to be get in the shuttle right now, and you're just picking up Red Team now and then getting temporarily back to base to prepare to set out.
If you follow Flint, people with powerful and any weaponry need to get in the shuttle.

I hope I understood these right. If you take their words literaly, neither actually said anything about getting inside the shuttle, and you're just supposed to pick up the Red Team. Which I why I don't know what Lars and Simus are doing inside now. They never actually received a command to hop in.))

((To below: It sounded like a command, not a suggestion. So much, that I never once drew back to Miyamoto's request, even though it happened several hours before.))
« Last Edit: May 29, 2013, 03:02:16 pm by Thearpox »
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #14209 on: May 29, 2013, 02:59:33 pm »

((Actually, I never gave any commands. Miyamoto asked me to give him my suggestion for a battle plan and I gave my "Ideal Battle Plan thingy" to him for consideration.))
Flint, if you have ideas on how to stop that thing, be free to voice them now. That goes for everybody.'
((I didn't realize you had misunderstood that, I just thought Vich was playing mind games with Miyamoto to make him mistrust Flint. That's why I didn't respond the first time you said that, I thought you were roleplaying.))
« Last Edit: May 29, 2013, 03:02:54 pm by Parisbre56 »

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14210 on: May 29, 2013, 03:02:05 pm »

Just wanted to finish something I'd started is all, Miyamoto, and I know that we're not equipped for in-depth study. However, now that I'm done, I might be able to get those of us who don't have any fancy armor something better than just the Mk1 suit. Jury-rigged, of course, and not exactly a featherweight, but considering the Mk1... Anyways, I'm packing high-explosives and am on my way to you now, vice Mesk.

'Hey, don't worry, wasn't accusing you of anything. And if you could make something for the others that helps them, by all means do so.'

Private to Miyamoto: "Why is Flint giving commands like that? Was he promoted to be our field commander? And why is he speaking of attacking? Didn't you say to ready the weapons and attack only if it heads towards us?"

'My guess Flint is... Very eager to help out. Don't worry, if it goes out of hand I'll deal with it. He's just responding to my question actually.

By the way, what's up between you two? Did he steal your girlfriend or something? Once this is over, you guys should work out whatever resentment there seems to be breeding. Don't let this fester into a feud, we can't have that on this desolate rock in the middle of nowhere. Your teammates are all you have in here, without those you could as well jump into that gravitycrater, and save yourself the trouble.

'Hey Flint, I don't think putting too many people on that shuttle is a very good idea. If something bad happens, that'll be too big a loss. Just Mesk, Lukas if he agrees, me and you for a first run. And we'll wait just a little longer, if it keeps moving towards the base though it's bombs away.'

((Just come pick us up for now please.))
« Last Edit: May 29, 2013, 03:21:01 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #14211 on: May 29, 2013, 03:03:28 pm »

((Lars is on medical rest now, but I blame my somehow reading a general call to arms on his IC mishearing (with his bad ears) on the same.  PPE:  Oh, there's the boss clearing things up.  Never mind.))

Lars stopped.  There was Glorious Leader, telling him otherwise.  Damn.  Can still say a blessing over the shuttle!

Say a blessing over the shuttle as it departs.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #14212 on: May 29, 2013, 03:08:24 pm »

@Miyamoto: "It's standing still for now and charging up. I'll relay any changes when they happen. Or you can check the camera feed I'm sending you. And I'm a real fan of preemptive strikes when it concerns weird alien stuff that could threaten us. Who knows what will happen when that thing is fully charged?"

« Last Edit: May 29, 2013, 03:10:52 pm by Parisbre56 »

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #14213 on: May 29, 2013, 03:12:09 pm »

((That depends on whose commands you follow.

Vich and Zephyris were there before, and Lars with Simus just hopped in.
Red Team needs to be picked up.
Now if you follow Miyamoto, nobody needs to be get in the shuttle right now, and you're just picking up Red Team now and then getting temporarily back to base to prepare to set out.
If you follow Flint, people with powerful and any weaponry need to get in the shuttle.

I hope I understood these right. If you take their words literaly, neither actually said anything about getting inside the shuttle, and you're just supposed to pick up the Red Team. Which I why I don't know what Lars and Simus are doing inside now. They never actually received a command to hop in.))

((To below: It sounded like a command, not a suggestion. So much, that I never once drew back to Miyamoto's request, even though it happened several hours before.))

((Sounded more like Miyamoto wanted Red Team picked up and immediately taken towards the Behemoth. If that's not the case, I'll alter my action so I go towards it with my own rockets instead of hitching a ride like I planned.))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14214 on: May 29, 2013, 03:20:10 pm »

@Miyamoto: "It's standing still for now and charging up. I'll relay any changes when they happen. Or you can check the camera feed I'm sending you. And I'm a real fan of preemptive strikes when it concerns weird alien stuff that could threaten us. Who knows what will happen when that thing is fully charged?"

'We'll decide wether to attack when we reach that thing, deal? I have my amp, Lukas is Lukas, and you can take a gauss rifle. Between that, pretty sure we can at least put,a dent in it.'

Get into shuttle once Mesk gets here. Or hang to the underside if necessary.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2013, 06:02:49 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14215 on: May 29, 2013, 03:31:06 pm »

((You can say I was roleplaying, since Vich has very specific views on what qualifies as a suggestion, an usurpation, and acting like a field commander. I won't write it all out, since it would take me a lot of time and effort, and reveal a lot of stuff about Vich that is at least currently kept secret, but as a lone case, giving an entire battle plan along with the course of action, timings, and questions to specific crew members, qualifies as acting like a field commander. A suggestion is either brief, or giver one-on-one to the commander. The only thing saying "I suggest" does, is identify you as a junior to what you're attempting to be, in this case identifying that you are not an actual field commander. That like when I give orders to Jack Hansan in the form of "How about you," identifying that I do not have any actual authority to enforce those orders (no offence Tavik). I'll stop right here, but you get the idea. Don't this personally, it's just how I think.

But no, I wasn't playing any mind games. If I was playing mind games, it would be O-ho-ho, a-lot-worse. I'm actually trying to avoid playing mind games, since Vich is anything but petty. If he ever decides that you represent more danger than not...))

"Do I take it me and Zephyris should get off? I hate to push that button, but we were the first ones here even before you became aware of the problem, and it's kind of our responsibility since we stirred it up."

Privately To Miyamoto: "My only problem right now was that he was acting like a field commander, pursuing his own agenda. And about us two generally, I think we've already worked it out. He agreed not to shoot me, so as long as we don't talk, we're fine.
Sometimes it's a bit hard considering we have wildly differing philosophies, but as long as neither of us makes decisions for the other, we're fine."

((God, the post count between us three is sky-rocketing.))
« Last Edit: May 29, 2013, 03:36:48 pm by Thearpox »
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14216 on: May 29, 2013, 03:41:52 pm »

Keep an eye on the crystal. Update teammates as it changes.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #14217 on: May 29, 2013, 06:44:17 pm »

"Alright, everybody off."
Kick everyone who's currently on, off the shuttle.  Head to Red Team's location, pick them up, and fly back to base.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14218 on: May 29, 2013, 10:05:19 pm »

"You know, I expected this place to be in worse shape when it's in charge by a group of inmates. Huh."

Go ahead and fix the crappy job properly, taking my time to do it right. Then head to the garage and try to think up a good way to protect a suited individual from the electrical zone's arcs while they walk through it.

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #14219 on: May 30, 2013, 03:12:51 am »

Lukas Red team

Lukas nods to the buggish creature in his hands.

"Uhm, Miyamoto. Do you still want to bring this thing back to the base, or should I just leave it here? I won't fit in the shuttle, so I will have to hold on to something if I want to join  you guys."

You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.
Pages: 1 ... 946 947 [948] 949 950 ... 1256