Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 940 941 [942] 943 944 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3939845 times)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 9: What?
« Reply #14115 on: May 25, 2013, 10:43:20 am »

"Nah, the base is in no danger. From our side, anyway. Tallcrystall is moving towards the spark-gap chasm. If he keeps going that way, he'll either fall in or start flying, and frankly I don't know what will be worse."
« Last Edit: May 25, 2013, 10:46:03 am by Parisbre56 »

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14116 on: May 25, 2013, 11:35:48 am »

Blue Team

"Don't jinx us man. We're in enough shit as it is. Just hope it falls in and doesn't come out, and leave it at that. Now let's get samples and head back to base, cause I have a salvaging truck to prepare and we've done our zones for now."

Take samples if no one is already, from where the orange stuff used to be, making sure to take a sample of everything there. Then start heading home. Keep an eye on the crystal thing!

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14117 on: May 25, 2013, 12:37:01 pm »

"Greeeaaaaaaaaat. Thanks guys."

Gear up, and try and climb onto the roof to get a better view.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14118 on: May 25, 2013, 01:13:04 pm »

Blue Team

"Don't jinx us man. We're in enough shit as it is. Just hope it falls in and doesn't come out, and leave it at that. Now let's get samples and head back to base, cause I have a salvaging truck to prepare and we've done our zones for now."

Take samples if no one is already, from where the orange stuff used to be, making sure to take a sample of everything there. Then start heading home. Keep an eye on the crystal thing!

Bishop, if you were planning to salvage the downed shuttle, you can, but know that your team actually still has quite some zones left to do. But you can give your squad a bit R&R for now, they've done good work.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #14119 on: May 25, 2013, 01:50:23 pm »

@Miyamoto: "Unless you're planning on giving us some electrical insulation, we won't be able to map sector 14. And to explore sector 13 we're going to have to go through sector 4 or sector 3, which is green and red team territory. Except if you want us to finish green's work."

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14120 on: May 25, 2013, 02:04:51 pm »

@Miyamoto: "Unless you're planning on giving us some electrical insulation, we won't be able to map sector 14. And to explore sector 13 we're going to have to go through sector 4 or sector 3, which is green and red team territory. Except if you want us to finish green's work."

'hey, don't you be sassin' me, old man.

But in all seriousness, you guys should go around the hexes that are dangerous, and map your assigned bighexes once you're out of dangerous terrain.'

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #14121 on: May 25, 2013, 05:21:30 pm »

"Forcing us to work in another team's territory? This is against regulation! The Union shall hear about this, and then you'll see! The working people won't stand for this oppression!"

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #14122 on: May 25, 2013, 06:58:18 pm »

Hmmm... either Lukas, since they would make such lovely children, or Mesk, since he's so helpful.  Yes.

He turns on the radio.  "Brother Mesk, have you ever considered the benefits of marriage?"

HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #14123 on: May 25, 2013, 07:08:40 pm »

"I... uh... what?  Brother Lars, I'm flattered, but um, I just don't like you that way..."

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #14124 on: May 25, 2013, 08:03:48 pm »

((On that note, do we have any women here besides robo-Simus?  Things might get... awkward... soon.))

Lars laughed.  "No, no, I have too much holy work to be done for that kind of commitment.  But I, as a member of the clergy, could always perform such a service... and I think I know the perfect match for you."
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #14125 on: May 25, 2013, 09:02:18 pm »

((On that note, do we have any women here besides robo-Simus?  Things might get... awkward... soon.))
((Well, there's Zephyr, but I think she's a bit too young to get married. It's her first mission after all.

Oh, and I vote you marry Mesk to the shuttle. You know what they say, about pilots being in love with their craft.

By the way, does the shuttle have a name? Because I currently have it as "Mesk's  Bucket" in my notes but I think it deserves something more personal, like "Lucy" or "Comet" or "The flying circus party". Especially if you're gonna marry him to it her.))

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14126 on: May 25, 2013, 09:16:43 pm »

"I can probably build us some cages that we can carry to protect us from the electricity with stuff in the garage. Just like old times, huh? Except this time, instead of killer robots that are out to get us, it's the planet instead! Joy..."

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14127 on: May 25, 2013, 09:34:33 pm »

((I'm just assuming that Piecewise hasn't updated because Flint has just pulled something very stupid and he's waiting for the rest of the team.

Also, I believe the question isn't "Who should Mesk marry?" but "Who should be married to the fridge?". And the shuttle's name sounds just fine to me, even if it's not spectacular.))

"Are we really going to have the time to go back, make the cages, and then catch up with it again? It's walking slow, but maybe not that slow. Actually, do the mini-shuttles have electrical insulation? Maybe we can have one or two people in one follow the collosus. And that makes more sense than trying to follow a something that doesn't tire on foot."

Don't see the diamond.
    Stay very far away from Flint. Very far away. And be mindful of the fact that I don't have the rocket pods to escape. And if the creature decides to attack Flint, escape in a different direction from him (In order of preference: home, the crystal field, or to the south part of the lake.)
    However, if I don't have to run away, go home with Bishop. Oh, and collect the observing drone we left out. Shouldn't just leave stuff lying around.

PS: Does the mini-shuttle have electrical insulation? I believe it's an IC knowledge we would know.
PPS: Can my character (-1 aux) safely pilot a mini-shuttle, or does that require at least a neutral in aux?
« Last Edit: May 26, 2013, 05:08:45 pm by Thearpox »
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14128 on: May 25, 2013, 09:43:03 pm »

"I have no intention of catching up with that thing. I'm just providing a means to explore that zone safely. Oh, and before you head there in the cages, you should all know that they block radio signals as well, and the cages might get a bit heavy after carrying them for awhile so take someone like Lukas or one of the other robots with you."

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14129 on: May 25, 2013, 09:59:48 pm »

((Yay, robots! If you need a robot, just ask for Denzel- he's not doing much right now.))
« Last Edit: May 25, 2013, 10:17:10 pm by Doomblade187 »
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.
Pages: 1 ... 940 941 [942] 943 944 ... 1256