Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 937 938 [939] 940 941 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3940876 times)

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 9: What?
« Reply #14070 on: May 21, 2013, 01:24:11 pm »

Mesk, I'm going to leave this in your hands for a bit, don't ruin it.

Go and sample the rock in front of a still living rock louse and the rock it excretes. On return, grind both samples to powder, view both through the microscope and test with molten potassium chlorate, which should produce a small combustion reaction if there's any organic matter in the samples.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #14071 on: May 21, 2013, 01:28:30 pm »

(I forget where we are in the autopsy.)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #14072 on: May 21, 2013, 01:41:19 pm »

"Man, I sure hope my teammates haven't gotten themselves into trouble during my absence by trying to sample an anomaly thereby inadvertently triggering a dangerous feedback event that may or may not damage everything around the zone. That would be bad." said Flint to himself as he began walking towards the last place he'd seen blue team go.

Go back to blue team in sector 15. Try to map some of the last few bits of sector 16 that remain unmapped while doing so.

EDIT: Oh, oh, and if I arrive in time and everybody is fine, survey the strange event while standing behind Bishop and say
"Rough sea captain?" or some other relevant rough sea/sailor joke.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2013, 02:05:57 pm by Parisbre56 »

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14073 on: May 21, 2013, 01:43:26 pm »

I was not standing still while that was happening, I immediately turned the other way and jogged away about several dozen meters, and am now recording the event as it is happening. Well, and sending text messages to teammates. Does the anomalous event affect the livability of the habitat at all?

"Well, no peaceful rest for me (sign). But a man can dream. Either way, anybody has any ideas as to what's happening?"

Quote from: To Jack Hansan
Could the sensors have been modified in any way to look regular but record beyond that? Maybe open up one of them to be sure... And have you checked inside the wiring, the walls, and the vents yet? I think that's where this stuff is going to be if it is there at all.

Also, not sure what is that laughter you are telling me about. Remember, I was not on your team. All I heard, was a bunch of you yelling all over the comms, and then that Mesk was coming over to pick you up. So I'm not sure I can help you with that, this shit makes as much sense to me as to anybody else.
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #14074 on: May 21, 2013, 01:58:19 pm »

I was not standing still while that was happening, I immediately turned the other way and jogged away about several dozen meters, and am now recording the event as it is happening. Well, and sending text messages to teammates. Does the anomalous event affect the livability of the habitat at all?

"Well, no peaceful rest for me (sign). But a man can dream. Either way, anybody has any ideas as to what's happening?"

Could the sensors have been modified in any way to look regular but record beyond that? Maybe open up one of them to be sure... And have you checked inside the wiring, the walls, and the vents yet? I think that's where this stuff is going to be if it is there at all.

Also, not sure what is that laughter you are telling me about. Remember, I was not on your team. All I heard, was a bunch of you yelling all over the comms, and then that Mesk was coming over to pick you up. So I'm not sure I can help you with that, this shit makes as much sense to me as to anybody else.

Quote from: To Vich
Will do.

Search the insides of the walls, vents and wiring if possible.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2013, 02:03:10 pm by Tavik Toth »

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #14075 on: May 21, 2013, 02:19:53 pm »

(I forget where we are in the autopsy.)

((Creature is in pieces with the organs separated (except the gastric system for obvious reasons). Pretty much, poke about the organs and find what you can about it.))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

MutzelRX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14076 on: May 21, 2013, 02:24:42 pm »

"Your idyllic lake seems rather stabby. Maybe its inhabitants felt threatened? Well or the lake itself feels threatened.
In case of emergency:
Scream. Break glass. Bleed to death.
-----
ER: Suicide bombing with miniature suns against living crystalline skyscraper-battleships

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14077 on: May 21, 2013, 03:03:55 pm »

"Not at all, for one can find beauty in movement, in fluctuations, in the eternal motion incomprehensible to us, yet following the rules unknown. But on a serious note, I was reacting more to the habitable environment then to the lake. And talking about idyllic environments, it only reacted once I touched it, so it probably look just as idyllic if I just camped out here, enjoyed a picnic, but never touched it.

And regarding the lake being alive, it is possible, but a far cry as of right now. The way it reacted the instant I touched it with a contained looked more like a catalyst for a chemical reaction to me than anything else."
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #14078 on: May 21, 2013, 04:04:08 pm »

Poke about the organs and find what I can about it.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14079 on: May 21, 2013, 04:13:41 pm »

Examine my gauss rifle, and continue healing.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #14080 on: May 22, 2013, 01:14:19 am »

Follow team
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14081 on: May 22, 2013, 01:21:16 am »

Radio to base: 'We're sending a drone over with some footage of the blacktower forest, anyone mind sifting through it?'

'Hey guys, I just realised, if I would've bought a vector amp before the mission I could've smacked those things down to the ground easily. Hell, I could've sent them flying right into their cages! Oh well, better luck next time.'

Check how strong these towers are. Could they support my weight? If so, would I be able to climb them?
Then check on surroundings, what is the atmosphere made of? Could I use my rockets safely?

((Let's hope Sean returns one of these days, or we could wait forever on those boxes.))
« Last Edit: May 22, 2013, 01:24:45 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14082 on: May 22, 2013, 02:43:24 am »

Wait for the drone to come back and view the map data retrieved.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #14083 on: May 22, 2013, 01:51:18 pm »

Mesk, I'm going to leave this in your hands for a bit, don't ruin it.

Go and sample the rock in front of a still living rock louse and the rock it excretes. On return, grind both samples to powder, view both through the microscope and test with molten potassium chlorate, which should produce a small combustion reaction if there's any organic matter in the samples.
One long trek to the volcanic zone and back later and you've got a sample of alien food and alien crap. You grind them both up.

Now, when you say "Organic" do you mean organic as in "Has carbon in it" or is there something more then that?

"Man, I sure hope my teammates haven't gotten themselves into trouble during my absence by trying to sample an anomaly thereby inadvertently triggering a dangerous feedback event that may or may not damage everything around the zone. That would be bad." said Flint to himself as he began walking towards the last place he'd seen blue team go.

Go back to blue team in sector 15. Try to map some of the last few bits of sector 16 that remain unmapped while doing so.

EDIT: Oh, oh, and if I arrive in time and everybody is fine, survey the strange event while standing behind Bishop and say
"Rough sea captain?" or some other relevant rough sea/sailor joke.
Sorry, Blue team is currently in "Shit mode" so you're not closing 10 miles to join them in one turn.

"WHY CAN'T I STOP THINKING ABOUT SEAMEN?"

Wait for the drone to come back and view the map data retrieved.

"Your idyllic lake seems rather stabby. Maybe its inhabitants felt threatened? Well or the lake itself feels threatened.

The fluid shimmers back and forth between crystallized glass and orange liquid before hardening into the definite form of glass, the entire lake hardening over. The ground shakes as the solid glass begins to retract, pulling away from the shore and flowing back toward the center of the lake. There, in the center, something is forming. Something massive; like a giant crystalline rod, an octagonal spike growing toward the sky. As the fluid retracts it takes with it the atmosphere, a visible haze of condensing gas and heat forming over the lake's surface and flowing back toward the growing crystal spire.

Quote from: To Vich
Will do.

Search the insides of the walls, vents and wiring if possible.
Well the vents are sealed up and rather small. You could remove the covers easily enough but getting into them beyond your arms reach would be impossible. And getting inside the walls would require cutting open some of the sealed panels. You ok with that?

Poke about the organs and find what I can about it.
What you can tell from poking is that several of the organs are either very firm or highly pressurized. Everything is made of a very dark colored fleshy substance with a gritty feel to it. There seems to be no circulatory system, rather the organs seem to just be suspended in a sort of blackish sludge. You can't really learn much more without cutting into the organs.

Examine my gauss rifle, and continue healing.
The gauss rifle is an unassuming and fairly uninteresting metal box of a rifle  with not much more to it then a trigger, set of iron sights and one button on the side. At least thats all you can see without opening it up.

Your hearing appears to have returned either fully or at least close to it. You still feel kinda dizzy, but that's getting better as well.

[/quote]
Follow team

Team status: Followed

Radio to base: 'We're sending a drone over with some footage of the blacktower forest, anyone mind sifting through it?'

'Hey guys, I just realised, if I would've bought a vector amp before the mission I could've smacked those things down to the ground easily. Hell, I could've sent them flying right into their cages! Oh well, better luck next time.'

Check how strong these towers are. Could they support my weight? If so, would I be able to climb them?
Then check on surroundings, what is the atmosphere made of? Could I use my rockets safely?

((Let's hope Sean returns one of these days, or we could wait forever on those boxes.))

The towers range in size from only a few feet across to meters thick. The thinner ones you're not sure about, but anything relatively thick should be able to hold your weight no problem. At least near the bottom.

The atmosphere is too thick with methane to really ignite down here, might get a flare up or two, nothing serious though. If the atmosphere gets thinner up higher there might be more of a chance of greater fires, especially since you're not really sure what chemical byproducts your rockets are throwing into the air.

(He may have been spirited off to the land of pastel colored, deformed, sentient horse-like creatures.)

Map (Not including changes caused by team blue's recent fuck ups.)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wvvfviqlvkl3i9t/overall%20map.png

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #14084 on: May 22, 2013, 02:07:25 pm »

Wake up.  See how I feel.  Gather team and sing them inspirational songs of healing.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 937 938 [939] 940 941 ... 1256