Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 932 933 [934] 935 936 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3941653 times)

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 9: What?
« Reply #13995 on: May 16, 2013, 01:34:43 pm »

"IT SEEMS THAT YOU HAVE HIT A SNAG. PERHAPS YOU SHOULD DISSECT IT HERE."

Crawl to barracks, and find my goggles. Weirdvision them quickly.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13996 on: May 16, 2013, 01:51:03 pm »

Team what's the point of writing this if you don't group it together anyway.

((I'll just assume that that's the answer Alvin gave me, regarding the tests. So those black hexes it is then.

Also, I wonder if we get our physical stats raised at some point, since we're doing so much walking. Since I began by playing character who haven't seen any action for years, but now we've been walking every day now.))

Going onward discovering things.
Uh...I'm not entirely sure who you are, mr. Anatoli. I feel as though you may have logged on to the wrong profile.
((Fuck, this was bound to happen sooner or later. Haven't used that one in decades. On the other hand, haven't logged out either. Moving on.))
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13997 on: May 16, 2013, 01:57:45 pm »

Team what's the point of writing this if you don't group it together anyway.

((I'll just assume that that's the answer Alvin gave me, regarding the tests. So those black hexes it is then.

Also, I wonder if we get our physical stats raised at some point, since we're doing so much walking. Since I began by playing character who haven't seen any action for years, but now we've been walking every day now.))

Going onward discovering things.
Uh...I'm not entirely sure who you are, mr. Anatoli. I feel as though you may have logged on to the wrong profile.
((Fuck, this was bound to happen sooner or later. Haven't used that one in decades. On the other hand, haven't logged out either. Moving on.))

((HAHA, busted! Not sure what that could mean though, but still, busted.))

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13998 on: May 16, 2013, 02:05:12 pm »

((I wouldn't call it busted because READ MY SIG  :o :o But yeah, annoying.))

"Okay, so the crystal field was almost certainly caused by the fallout from the shuttle crash. And we're standing on a pond, or even a river of this. Add to this that a cave was discovered recently, and this might be the answer as to how this planetoid is powered. Or maybe not.

We should look into any scanners that will allow us to sense this liquid below ground, so we could follow it's flow. Who knows what we might discover. I love when destroying expensive equipment reveals mysteries."

Regarding the question of how this shuttle could have been hit by the domes, that is exactly why I want a simulation of it's flight.
With it, we could calculate it's exact position when it was hit, which would let us know just how powerful these things are.

Also, if we actually move this turn, I go along.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2013, 02:06:56 pm by Thearpox »
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13999 on: May 16, 2013, 02:24:50 pm »

((I wouldn't call it busted because READ MY SIG  :o :o But yeah, annoying.))

((I was kidding. In a humorous fashion, no less.))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #14000 on: May 16, 2013, 02:39:06 pm »

Flint Westwood - Blue squad

"How can it understand it is exposed? Is there an atmosphere here? Or does lack of pressure causes it to crystallize? Or some kind of chemical property? Maybe molecules that have no neighbor trigger the crystallization... Is it alive? So strange..." said Flint as he hit his rod on the ground, trying to clear it of salt and simultaneously test the hardness of newly formed salt.

"And those sacks... The sea seemed to have very high surface tension and non-Newtonian fluid properties, but that film seems to cling to anything other then rock..."

"But the strangest of them all is this shuttle... How did it get here? Why did it get here? Did those black things do it?"

Check for atmosphere, or anything obvious that could be causing the crystals to form when exposed.

Hit his rod on the ground, trying to clear it of salt and simultaneously test the hardness of newly formed salt.

If possible to go back to the domes, push a drone in one of the domes with the pole. Remember to activate its tracking beacon first, and have it record medium quality footage.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #14001 on: May 16, 2013, 03:40:53 pm »

"Hey Miyamoto, wanna come down to the labs and give me a hand with this dissection?"

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #14002 on: May 16, 2013, 04:08:22 pm »

Watch the cameras.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14003 on: May 16, 2013, 05:06:09 pm »

Oooh i can be useful.
crawl to the barracks and grab my pda then find mesk, use my bathelmet to perform an ultrasound on his "patient." Record the results to my pda or suit memory and transmit them to mesk in real time.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14004 on: May 16, 2013, 09:17:45 pm »

Blue Team

"It probably just creates a film when it's not surrounded by itself. I seriously doubt that it's alive and thinking, if that's what you're getting at. But I am confused as to the shuttle being here, in this condition too, so I'll give you that one. Now let's get the hell out of here."

Get the team together, send our map data back to base, and then proceed East to the next zone, testing the ground all the way.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #14005 on: May 16, 2013, 10:37:18 pm »

Yeah, first part of dissecting this thing is getting the shell off, preferably not shattering it completely, and store the chunks in the vault. Feel free to recruit anyone else who'll help with this part.

Begin to slice off chunks of shell that one man could carry away easily (preferring thinner, larger slices to just hunks). If nobody else volunteers, take the chunks to the lab vault myself.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14006 on: May 17, 2013, 06:02:19 am »

Red team lethargy squad leader.

"Hey Miyamoto, wanna come down to the labs and give me a hand with this dissection?"

'I'll send lukas over, kay? It seems Red team fell into a coma or something, I'll stay here to shake 'em out of it.'

Over radio to all of Red team: 'Ok guys, This is how we'll do it:

Lukas, you head to base and help with the dissection. Report back when they can handle it alone.

Anton, you head to base too and start working on those materials I requested. I asked Green team to do it, but they all seem to ignore my message, so don't be afraid to recruit some of those lazy bums to help you. Oh, and hook up the MPV to your trailer, we'll need it. Once that's done, report back.

Michael, Denzel and myself will start mapping this cave.

Any questions?'

Using my modified for remote control drone, start mapping into the cave.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2013, 06:05:06 am by Radio Controlled »

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #14007 on: May 17, 2013, 07:51:35 am »

((I seem to be very proficient at disappearing off the face of the forums lately.))

"Ok, wow. These don't appear to be temporal anomalies, but I seem to be spectacularly losing time here."

Anton, you head to base too and start working on those materials I requested. I asked Green team to do it, but they all seem to ignore my message, so don't be afraid to recruit some of those lazy bums to help you. Oh, and hook up the MPV to your trailer, we'll need it. Once that's done, report back.
"Uh, roger, I guess. Remind me what those materials were? I was kinda struggling with some anomalous attention loss in Sector Two. And I've got the trailer here with me. I'll run another quick test and head back to base."

Do the drone-on-a-stick experiment. There isn't another way to get either a camera or a flashlight on a stick around here, so a drone will have to do. After that, gather what rods and sheets still remain outside of the anomalies, load everything into the trailer and head back to base.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #14008 on: May 17, 2013, 07:59:39 am »

Lukas, you head to base and help with the dissection. Report back when they can handle it alone.

Lukas

"Sure thing, boss!"

Head back to base and assist Mesk in dissection.
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

MutzelRX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14009 on: May 17, 2013, 10:56:53 am »

Awaken from stupor and follow the leader!

((Yeah, that action really changes a lot :> ....Sorry for not posting so long though. I think I catched up by now.))
In case of emergency:
Scream. Break glass. Bleed to death.
-----
ER: Suicide bombing with miniature suns against living crystalline skyscraper-battleships
Pages: 1 ... 932 933 [934] 935 936 ... 1256