Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 930 931 [932] 933 934 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3942312 times)

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 9: What?
« Reply #13965 on: May 15, 2013, 11:56:31 am »

((But it looked like it flexed... Anyway, if we can't get anything, we can always get some when we come back with something to carry all the loot from the shuttle. We are definitely NOT leaving it here to rust.))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #13966 on: May 15, 2013, 12:08:08 pm »

((I read that as flexed when the shuttle hit it, not when you stepped on it.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13967 on: May 15, 2013, 12:57:03 pm »

Team Cool Loot

Then what is the direction? I'm trying to figure out where the shuttle was hit, based on the direction it was going and it's speed.

Speaking of, test the ground for hardness, both penetration-wise and if hit with a blunt object, both on the surface and inside the trench, and send the data to the base. Watch out for my team poking the ground with the pole.

"Base, this shuttle we discovered has a number of supplies we could scavenge. It seems that whoever piloted this thing did not plan to come back to the base for a while. Maybe not ever. I would propose sending a shuttle here with the necessary tools so we could strip it clean and get the supplies back to base.

In other news I have tested the ground here for hardness and have sent you the data, however amateur it is. Hopefully it's not totally useless. Can Alvin or someone run a simulation to determine where the shuttle was hit? We have the direction it was going, hopefully the force necessary to make this ditch, and we can probably estimate this thing's weight. Barring any anomalies interfering with the laws of physics, we should have a relatively good idea where the strike might have come from.

Oh, and lastly, does anyone know of anything that might have caused this shuttle to be sliced of like that?"

((I hope somebody on the base responds to that. Would be very sad if they didn't.))
If nobody at the base responds to my message, put it on our equivalent of voice mail to be played whenever somebody does something at the main terminal (or whatever we use).

Quote from: Miyamoto
'You can investigate the shuttle, but towing it back will have to wait. That is something for Red team to handle. Besides, Mesk is busy patching up Green team right now, so that isn't a priority right now.

About that simulation, sure, but remember that you can always ask Alvin yourself. I specifically ordered him to take orders from you guys too, so if you can contact basecamp, you can ask him.'
Do that. With text, obviously.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2013, 03:23:13 pm by Thearpox »
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

MutzelRX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13968 on: May 15, 2013, 01:18:30 pm »

((Uh guys? I'm kinda lost right now. Where are we and what's with that wreckage and stuff? Oo))
In case of emergency:
Scream. Break glass. Bleed to death.
-----
ER: Suicide bombing with miniature suns against living crystalline skyscraper-battleships

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13969 on: May 15, 2013, 01:30:21 pm »

((That depends, what team are you on? Red, Green or Blue?))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #13970 on: May 15, 2013, 01:43:45 pm »

((She (Zephyr) is on Blue.

The wreckage is the rear half of a shuttle, probably the one the previous team leader took. The front half is missing, like it suddenly disappeared.))

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13971 on: May 15, 2013, 01:55:52 pm »

((I think the domes did the whole slicing thing, but we're not gonna take anything at the crash site with us on this trip. We'll come back later on another trip with the trailer, some containers and tools and dismantle the whole thing to take with us back to the garage for reuse. It's too much stuff to take with us on foot.))

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13972 on: May 15, 2013, 02:21:35 pm »

((I'm not proposing doing it on foot, I've proposed sending a shuttle right now to pick this thing up. Also, I'm not completely certain it's the domes, but even then, it would be nice to have a simulation as a confirmation.

Also, welcome back. I was just wondering where you were.))
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13973 on: May 15, 2013, 02:54:32 pm »

"Base, this shuttle we discovered has a number of supplies we could scavenge. It seems that whoever piloted this thing did not plan to come back to the base for a while. Maybe not ever. I would propose sending a shuttle here with the necessary tools so we could strip it clean and get the supplies back to base.

In other news I have tested the ground here for hardness and have sent you the data, however amateur it is. Hopefully it's not totally useless. Can Alvin or someone run a simulation to determine where the shuttle was hit? We have the direction it was going, hopefully the force necessary to make this ditch, and we can probably estimate this thing's weight. Barring any anomalies interfering with the laws of physics, we should have a relatively good idea where the strike might have come from.

Oh, and lastly, does anyone know of anything that might have caused this shuttle to be sliced of like that?"

'You can investigate the shuttle, but towing it back will have to wait. That is something for Red team to handle. Besides, Mesk is busy patching up Green team right now, so that isn't a priority right now.

About that simulation, sure, but remember that you can always ask Alvin yourself. I specifically ordered him to take orders from you guys too, so if you can contact basecamp, you can ask him.'

((I hope somebody on the base responds to that. Would be very sad if they didn't.))

((D'aaww, look at you guilt-tripping me into replying. And it worked, too!

Well played, Mister Pox, well played indeed.))

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13974 on: May 15, 2013, 03:26:28 pm »

((Oh well, thanks. The funny thing, I didn't mean to guilt trip anyone. It just... happened. Again.))

Action Edited.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #13975 on: May 15, 2013, 07:35:49 pm »

Radio to Mesk: When you're done with treating people, would you come to the lab and bring some of your equipment? We've a dissection to do on this specimen, and since you're the team's rough equivalent of a doctor, I feel you should be in on it.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #13976 on: May 15, 2013, 11:11:32 pm »

pop an earpill and carefully crawl onto one of the beds, tie self to bed and await first symptoms of withdrawal.
Pill popped, you drag yourself to a bed and tie yourself in.

"STRAP IN BITCHES, THIS GONNA GET WILD!"

And then you sit there, perfectly still and unmoving for 10 straight hours.

Also, should we consider sending red to do Green's job since it looks like either way, it'll be some time before they're healed?))

((For the sake of keeping the logistics manageable, I'll just wait until green is fixed. Besides, its not like red team doesn't have anything to do, they just seem to be lethargic for some reason. Speaking of which...))

((I would bet that by the end of our IC year here, at least one more of us will be a robot.

And PW, I'm going to compile a list of what the chemical tests each are for and PM it to you.))

Well, these things are certainly resilient, and not just against the heat of their environment. Even though we've seen no aggressive activities on their part, just from the composition of this shell I can say that I don't want anyone getting in their way, as precaution. Miyamoto, if you want to, I can get Mesk and start dissection of the actual organic bits as soon as he's done with injured team members.

Contemplate if the shell could be adapted into armor with the tools available while waiting for Mesk to patch up and medicate team members who need it.

'Sure, you can run some tests on it. However, it seems that Red team hasn't made much progress lately. Strange, seeing how they have the most freedom of the 3 teams. In fact, they never responded to my request of a status update. If you want to work here for a bit, I'll get out there and kickstart them myself. Have been wanting to do a bit of field work anyways.
That is, if you don't mind staying at base for a while.

Run the test Thearpox' char requested, then go refuel Gilgamesh, suit up and rendezvous with Red team. Take stock of surroundings.

((Could someone from green team mark the place on the map where the madness started?

Also, once you guys are up again, I'll have you map the same route Blue team is doing now, but 1 hex above them, so that the weird area can be avoided for now.))
Well, the test is one that I think mesk is supposed to run...so you refuel Gilgamesh and head to where red team is, at the cave entrance.

Is there anyone left?  Triage and diagnosis if so.
"Lets see here...Lars, Auron...there was some other guy. The pirate...where did he get off to?"

Morul seems to have staggered away somewhere. Hmm. You pick up a scalpel.

"Time to find me a patient."

"Okay just look at these metal bricks and tell me what you see"
point out iron samples and wait for results of magic'o vision.
You point at the metal.

"USE YOUR WIZARD EYES!"

((Jack seems to be the only one who left there pretty much ok.))

access computer.

To everyone:If anyway wants me you can find me in the command centre.
You turn on the computer. Now, what do you want to do on it?

Jackpot team

Get someone to use a pole or something to scratch a hole down in the deepest part of where the ground looked like it flexed inwards and see what's in there. Be ready to back the hell away quickly if anything weird happens.
Flint Westwood - Blue squad

"Yes sir!"

Use my pole to make the hole. Failing that, use my laser.

EDIT:Check to see if my dome-cut pole looks anything like the cut shuttle.

[str:6]
Flint, armed with his mechanical aid and several metal poles, manages to smash,stab and hammer his way through the thinnest, most damaged part of the crystal surface. Beneath the surface is a lake of rather bright aquamarine fluid.

Also the cuts do look the same.

Take a quick peek at the samples in weirdvision, then head to the medbay and get the fast option.

You take a quick look.

"IT'S MADE OF IRON WITH CARBON AND SILICON PARTICULATE IMPURITIES. EVERY TIME I DO THIS I AM ONE STEP CLOSER TO DEATH. ALSO DEAF."

The guy you're yelling at turns pale. Hmm. You turn around. Mesk is standing behind you, his face is literally inches from your own. He's holding a scalpel. He is smiling.

"Oh, there you are. Here, this is for you." he hands you the pills and mimes taking them.

"Don't run away again. Or I'll have to come find you. And maybe you won't see me next time."

((Zako: If it's crystalline, you're going to need more than poking a rod at it to get through it.))

Well, if Lars couldn't work, he could always absorb himself in the words of the gods.

Read the god entry of Hal-mon, Father of the Engineer's Pantheon from the clean copy Vich sent me.

Hal-mon: God of Machines.
The image on the opposing page shows nothing but a massive machine, a mosaic of pistons, gears, electronics and every other imaginable system of transferring power or information, lit by computer screens and red hot boilers. The symbol at the bottom of the page is a gear wrapped in wire and suspended in a sort of metal frame.

“Hal-mon is god of machines, heartbeat of gears and electricity, life spirit of all man's mechanical things. The locomotion of organic matter is that which we call life, and the locomotion of the inorganic is that which we call Hal-mon. Without him the machines of man weaken and fail. Let his sign be upon all that which man constructs to carry out his purpose.”

Team Cool Loot

Then what is the direction? I'm trying to figure out where the shuttle was hit, based on the direction it was going and it's speed.

Speaking of, test the ground for hardness, both penetration-wise and if hit with a blunt object, both on the surface and inside the trench, and send the data to the base. Watch out for my team poking the ground with the pole.

If nobody at the base responds to my message, put it on our equivalent of voice mail to be played whenever somebody does something at the main terminal (or whatever we use).

Quote from: Miyamoto

Do that. With text, obviously.

It looks like it was heading roughly eastward, vaguely back toward base, but really anywhere in those inner hexes or east beyond them could have been it's target.

The ground is pretty damn hard. It took all of flint's exosuit enhanced strength and several broken and bent poles just to hammer a small hole in an already damaged part of it.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #13977 on: May 15, 2013, 11:26:56 pm »

Interesting.  This one requires further study, Lars thought.

Study this info deeply- is there any more that could be delved from its words and images?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #13978 on: May 16, 2013, 12:06:16 am »

As soon as he's finished with Morul, Mesk radios back "You got it, Simus.  I think I'm just about done with these victims here, so I have some free time 'til the next batch comes in."
Grab my dissectin' gear and mosey on down to the labs.
"I meant victims of the anomaly, not... uh, you get the picture."

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13979 on: May 16, 2013, 12:11:48 am »

Ooooh Shiny! Team

Take a good sample of the fluid carefully and store it away, as well as taking a few samples of some of the broken hard stuff. Then round up the team and head on out to our next designated zone.
Pages: 1 ... 930 931 [932] 933 934 ... 1256