Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 929 930 [931] 932 933 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3942993 times)

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 9: What?
« Reply #13950 on: May 14, 2013, 05:02:18 pm »

Blue team

Investigate the crash site closely and scavenge all supplies possible.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13951 on: May 14, 2013, 06:55:36 pm »

((Yay more pain and scarring, were not even on a combat mission and my characters already a disfigured and  deaf morphine addict who is incapabale of self locomotion.))

carefully sit up then wait for mesk to bring the drugs back, also bandage face.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #13952 on: May 14, 2013, 08:52:38 pm »

((I would bet that by the end of our IC year here, at least one more of us will be a robot.

And PW, I'm going to compile a list of what the chemical tests each are for and PM it to you.))

Well, these things are certainly resilient, and not just against the heat of their environment. Even though we've seen no aggressive activities on their part, just from the composition of this shell I can say that I don't want anyone getting in their way, as precaution. Miyamoto, if you want to, I can get Mesk and start dissection of the actual organic bits as soon as he's done with injured team members.

Contemplate if the shell could be adapted into armor with the tools available while waiting for Mesk to patch up and medicate team members who need it.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13953 on: May 14, 2013, 09:17:58 pm »

((I would bet that by the end of our IC year here, at least one more of us will be a robot.

And PW, I'm going to compile a list of what the chemical tests each are for and PM it to you.))
((I protest that. This game has been very educational for me because of you. Maybe put that in a spoiler?  :P))
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #13954 on: May 14, 2013, 10:43:28 pm »

((I protest that. This game has been very educational for me because of you. Maybe put that in a spoiler?  :P))

((Very well, but it will be by no means complete lists of what each thing does to everything, just some generalizations for how I'm trying to use them to ID stuff.))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #13955 on: May 15, 2013, 01:45:32 am »

"Well, this doctoring business is pretty easy.  Who's next?"
Triage, diagnosis, same drill as before.
You wander over to Auron and squat down next to him.

"You are full of bad decisions today, eh? Welp. Lets get the cuts stitched."

[med:4+2]
You get his gashed up face and hands nice and sewn up. You go...a little nuts. But hey, man, if he cant' appreciate the fact that you stitched his face up so that the scars will form the image of a wicked cool dragon, thats really his fault.

You give him the pills for the ear thing and send him on his way.

"Wonder if that morphine overdose will have addictive effects? Oh wait, I don't care."

Diagonally moving team.

"Base, are you getting this? The front section of the shuttle has been sliced clean. Is there any way you can determine the direction the shuttle was flying before it hit the ground?"

To Team: "Bishop, you think we might scavenge this birdie for parts or fuel? Also, how long was it here?"

Examine the wreckage (inside and outside). Examine what could be the cause of the shuttle being sliced off (ie:laser/monorazor/battleaxe/etc).
Examine the ditch (crystals? ground composition?).

"You could probably check the 50 foot long ditch it carved in the ground. Chances are that it was coming from that direction."

You can't really tell what the cause of the slice was, but it was far too clean for any sort of crude shearing. And the edges have no evidence of heat or melting, or the shattering effect from monorazors. It's like someone cutting a cardboard tube with a razor blade; just clean edges.

Inside the shuttle is a good amount of junk; food, water, the blanket and pillow off a barracks bed. The pillow looks like it got caught by whatever sliced the ship; it has a nice clean piece of it missing.

The ditch itself is a good 50 feet long, deeper the closer it gets to the ship, and shows signs that perhaps there is something under this layer of crystal. There are large cracks that looks like the result of the surface flexing inward on impact and then rebounding out.

Lars nods as he looks at the written version of the instructions.  One a day?  Can do.

"Praise the gods of medicine!"

Pop a pill.  Find a wheelchair and wheel myself around, going VROOM VROOM as I do.
You pop one of the pills, sit in a wheelchair and then roll yourself away...and into the wall several times.

Doesn't stop you from VROOMing.

Flint Westwood - Blue squad - Sector 16

"What if it was... teleportation? What if he tried to go through the black domes and somehow the part that was in one dome... got here and the other got... somewhere else?"

Check if the drones have a method to transmit their location, so that they can be recovered even if they're on a faraway zone.

Check the wreckage for anything of interest or of value. Something to tell me where it was going, identifying marks, how much fuel was used (and the distance it traveled, if I can deduce that), supplies, damage out of the ordinary, strange alien crap, non-strange human crap, etc.

They could send out a tracking beacon, sure.

Beyond the things that were already stated above, you can't tell where it was going, other then the direction of "That way" which the ditch indicates. It has no identifying marks, but then again, neither does your team's shuttle. You can't tell how much fuel is left, at least not easily. Fuel gauges are all in the front..or would be.

Blue team

Investigate the crash site closely and scavenge all supplies possible.
Well...theres some food and water here, though you're fine on that for now. You could probably part the thing down, strip it for metal, electronics and the engines, but that would require tools. And a way to get it back.

((Yay more pain and scarring, were not even on a combat mission and my characters already a disfigured and  deaf morphine addict who is incapabale of self locomotion.))

carefully sit up then wait for mesk to bring the drugs back, also bandage face.
Well...it is a pretty sweet dragon.

Well, these things are certainly resilient, and not just against the heat of their environment. Even though we've seen no aggressive activities on their part, just from the composition of this shell I can say that I don't want anyone getting in their way, as precaution. Miyamoto, if you want to, I can get Mesk and start dissection of the actual organic bits as soon as he's done with injured team members.

Contemplate if the shell could be adapted into armor with the tools available while waiting for Mesk to patch up and medicate team members who need it.
Perhaps. It would be very heavy, like wearing a tungsten brick, but it would probably be fairly protective. Though not amazingly so, compared to high tech armors. Then again, in a mk I, most people would probably be happy for a sheet of plate glass to hide behind.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13956 on: May 15, 2013, 02:15:02 am »

pop an earpill and carefully crawl onto one of the beds, tie self to bed and await first symptoms of withdrawal.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13957 on: May 15, 2013, 02:21:56 am »

Also, should we consider sending red to do Green's job since it looks like either way, it'll be some time before they're healed?))

((For the sake of keeping the logistics manageable, I'll just wait until green is fixed. Besides, its not like red team doesn't have anything to do, they just seem to be lethargic for some reason. Speaking of which...))

'Sure, you can run some tests on it. However, it seems that Red team hasn't made much progress lately. Strange, seeing how they have the most freedom of the 3 teams. In fact, they never responded to my request of a status update. If you want to work here for a bit, I'll get out there and kickstart them myself. Have been wanting to do a bit of field work anyways.
That is, if you don't mind staying at base for a while.

Run the test Thearpox' char requested, then go refuel Gilgamesh, suit up and rendezvous with Red team. Take stock of surroundings.

((Could someone from green team mark the place on the map where the madness started?

Also, once you guys are up again, I'll have you map the same route Blue team is doing now, but 1 hex above them, so that the weird area can be avoided for now.))
« Last Edit: May 15, 2013, 02:55:29 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #13958 on: May 15, 2013, 03:20:51 am »

Is there anyone left?  Triage and diagnosis if so.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #13959 on: May 15, 2013, 03:45:24 am »

"Okay just look at these metal bricks and tell me what you see"
point out iron samples and wait for results of magic'o vision.
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #13960 on: May 15, 2013, 03:45:43 am »

((Jack seems to be the only one who left there pretty much ok.))

access computer.

To everyone:If anyway wants me you can find me in the command centre.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2013, 03:47:22 am by Tavik Toth »

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13961 on: May 15, 2013, 03:51:37 am »

Jackpot team

Get someone to use a pole or something to scratch a hole down in the deepest part of where the ground looked like it flexed inwards and see what's in there. Be ready to back the hell away quickly if anything weird happens.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #13962 on: May 15, 2013, 03:53:53 am »

Flint Westwood - Blue squad

"Yes sir!"

Use my pole to make the hole. Failing that, use my laser.

EDIT:Check to see if my dome-cut pole looks anything like the cut shuttle.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2013, 03:58:31 am by Parisbre56 »

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13963 on: May 15, 2013, 07:35:21 am »

Take a quick peek at the samples in weirdvision, then head to the medbay and get the fast option.

The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #13964 on: May 15, 2013, 08:09:12 am »

((Zako: If it's crystalline, you're going to need more than poking a rod at it to get through it.))

Well, if Lars couldn't work, he could always absorb himself in the words of the gods.

Read the god entry of Hal-mon, Father of the Engineer's Pantheon from the clean copy Vich sent me.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 929 930 [931] 932 933 ... 1256