Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 925 926 [927] 928 929 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3940707 times)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 9: What?
« Reply #13890 on: May 09, 2013, 12:41:57 pm »

Flint Westwood - Blue squad - Sector 17

Stick one end of the rod in the dome and the other on what passes for an ear in my suit. Throw a rock in the dome. If a rock falls in the dark dome, and nobody can see it, does it make a sound? ((Just trying to determine whether or not those domes have atmosphere. If they do, then we might have a use for batman over there after all.))

Put the rod on the ground inside the dome. Can I hear anything? If I stomp my foot on the outside, does the sound travel inside the dome?

Shine some light to the dome. Take an air sample of what's in the dome, if anything.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13891 on: May 09, 2013, 12:42:51 pm »

Try to figure out where green team is now, using their suit cameras or their radio signals.

'Be careful Mesk. Don't get hit with whatever is affecting them too, or it might be a very short trip.'

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #13892 on: May 09, 2013, 12:44:48 pm »

'Be careful Mesk. Don't get hit with whatever is affecting them too, or it might be a very short trip.'
"More importantly, do not fly through the skylights or the motion anomaly."

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #13893 on: May 09, 2013, 03:04:09 pm »

Simus to Base, the bughunt is over, we've got one alive and unharmed, tell Mesk to prepare his vivisection devices if he has any.

Get the bug to base.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #13894 on: May 09, 2013, 09:27:09 pm »

quit spamming radio tones and shoot up some morphine instead, if this is really some kind of addictive withdrawal maybe a morphine bridge will limit the damage.

Once im full of joy juice try shouting in my suit to see if i can hear again.

[med:2+1]
You can't figure out how to work this damn injector system on the suit. Gahh...

Mesk frowns as he receives Lars' message.
"Ah, shit.  Where did they say they were going...?"
Get to the shuttle, take off and head to Green Team's last known position.
Mesk takes the shuttle over between the flat zone and the visual anomalies, skirts the black towers and lands on the shore of the gel sea, next to the stricken members of green team.

"Someone call for a medical evac? Because I'm both. They have the doctor flying the transport. Kinda fucked up when you think about it."

"I've survived being blown up! I will not let some stupid psychic sounds and a dizzy feeling take me out!"

Will my way through dizziness and such effects.
You're fine. It's Auron, Morul and Lars who are screwed.

*Yawn*"Probably time I slept"
Go to sleep then once awake go and perform exacting tests on the iron samples as to what they contain EXACTLY and what form of crystal they form (Telluric for example).
Nap.

As per finding out EXACTLY what they are, how you want to go about that?

Blue Team

"Huh. Looks like it cancels out all light that enters... Seems safe enough, but let's go around anyway."

Map our way around the domes and explore the rest of the zone, cautiously as always.
You and your team wander westward around the domes. They stretch further south then you would have expected.

Stick one end of the rod in the dome and the other on what passes for an ear in my suit. Throw a rock in the dome. If a rock falls in the dark dome, and nobody can see it, does it make a sound? ((Just trying to determine whether or not those domes have atmosphere. If they do, then we might have a use for batman over there after all.))

Put the rod on the ground inside the dome. Can I hear anything? If I stomp my foot on the outside, does the sound travel inside the dome?

Shine some light to the dome. Take an air sample of what's in the dome, if anything.

Your rod and rock tests reveal a complete lack of sound from the falling stone. Or anything for that matter. Rod on the ground and stomping test protocols reveal an equal lack of information.

Shining light on the dome seems to have no effect; it simply swallows it up. As per taking an air sample in there...how you want to do that? Just stick your hand in, holding a container?

Try to figure out where green team is now, using their suit cameras or their radio signals.

They're on the shores of the Gel sea. They haven't wandered deeper in. The anomalies are not that insidious.

Not yet.

Simus to Base, the bughunt is over, we've got one alive and unharmed, tell Mesk to prepare his vivisection devices if he has any.

Get the bug to base.

The bug team returns with bountiful bug box in hand. The bug moved in there for a while. It's not moving any more. Lukas, on hands and knees, conveys the box to the lab and sets it down near the door.

Map

http://i.imgur.com/S4TBSum.jpg

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13895 on: May 09, 2013, 09:57:54 pm »

Blue Team

Keep going. Just how big is this anomaly anyway?

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13896 on: May 09, 2013, 10:01:13 pm »

drugs, bloodstream, now.

If successful get into evac vehicle and assess results
If unsuccessful get into evac vehicle and try again.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2013, 12:06:31 am by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #13897 on: May 09, 2013, 11:38:13 pm »

"O disciple of Emar-i, help us in our time of need!"

Get evaced
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #13898 on: May 10, 2013, 02:27:02 am »

((Oh no, we killed again.))
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #13899 on: May 10, 2013, 04:39:53 am »

"So uh wait what was I doing?"
Well for the chemical structure anything that can analyse specific quantities of elements or compounds in it, for crystal structure just sliding it out of the container and cutting it in half then smoothing it over should allow a decent guess.
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #13900 on: May 10, 2013, 06:08:18 am »

Drag teammates to shuttle. Explain what happens to mesk.

"When we got further into the sector we started hearing laughter but still decided to continue until the team started feeling dizzy and getting bleeding ears so we pulled back and well here we are. The others also don't look so good. I'm fine though, just a little dizzy."

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13901 on: May 10, 2013, 07:29:28 am »

"GOD DAMN FUCKING ANOMALIES!"

Punch self, see if that works. If not get on the transport. Strap myself to a seat.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13902 on: May 10, 2013, 08:26:15 am »

Put on suit (the one I normally wear when inside Gilgamesh). Take out the specimen, observe it. Once I'm sure it's dead, try to gather a sample of the slug about 10 centimeters deep from its 'back'. Then try to find out what the sample is made of with standard chemical tests, be sure to check for organic molecules.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #13903 on: May 10, 2013, 11:14:01 am »

Try rod on the ground inside the dome, head on the rod so I can hear the ground and throw a rock inside the dome.

Whack the rod inside the dome like a blind man, trying to roughly sense what's in there.

Then get one half of an open sample container inside the dome and close the lid.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2013, 11:16:46 am by Parisbre56 »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #13904 on: May 10, 2013, 11:48:15 am »

Blue Team

Keep going. Just how big is this anomaly anyway?
You follow the black all the way down into the next sector and stop as you run across what appears to be a salt pan, a vast expanse of glittering white crystals which completely coat the ground for miles. Most are quite small; however some are larger then you are and fuzzy with the growth of tiny crystals across their surface.

drugs, bloodstream, now.

If successful get into evac vehicle and assess results
If unsuccessful get into evac vehicle and try again.

[med:1+1]
You forget how your hands work and slap yourself repeatedly. You grumble and stagger into the shuttle before trying again.

[med:5+1]

Oops. Thats a bit too much isngahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

You pass out in the back of the shuttle.
[end:3]
Yep, you're ODing. Not fatally, but you're gonna have a hell of an addiction when you wake up.

"O disciple of Emar-i, help us in our time of need!"

Get evaced
You let mesk drag you into the transport, the world still spinning around you.

"So uh wait what was I doing?"
Well for the chemical structure anything that can analyse specific quantities of elements or compounds in it, for crystal structure just sliding it out of the container and cutting it in half then smoothing it over should allow a decent guess.
Ain't got no mass spectrometer or anything. Morul figured out he could vaguely test metal qualities uses sparks from grinding, so thats how you've been finding that stuff out so far. As per more exact methods, I'm not sure of any. But if you can find a chemical test or something, that might work.

The crystal structure, you cut it in half and then acid etch it to reveal the structure. It looks fairly similar to this:

Drag teammates to shuttle. Explain what happens to mesk.

"When we got further into the sector we started hearing laughter but still decided to continue until the team started feeling dizzy and getting bleeding ears so we pulled back and well here we are. The others also don't look so good. I'm fine though, just a little dizzy."

You help drag Lars into the shuttle and then aid Morul and Auron on their way in as well, before sitting down yourself.

"Ready when you are. And I suggest we go soon, I think Auron just OD'ed on Morphine."

"Oh great, we've got another Bishop."

"GOD DAMN FUCKING ANOMALIES!"

Punch self, see if that works. If not get on the transport. Strap myself to a seat.
Punching yourself in the face seems strangely ineffective at fixing your injuries. Weird right?

Put on suit (the one I normally wear when inside Gilgamesh). Take out the specimen, observe it. Once I'm sure it's dead, try to gather a sample of the slug about 10 centimeters deep from its 'back'. Then try to find out what the sample is made of with standard chemical tests, be sure to check for organic molecules.
You put on your normal suit and, through a massive amount of effort, with the help of simus and a pry bar, manage to scoot the bug out of it's box. It's roughly 3-4 feet long, 2 feet wide and 2 tall, and massively heavy. It's not moving as far as you can tell, but you're not sure if it's dead....hell you're not sure what constitutes alive in one of these things.

Try rod on the ground inside the dome, head on the rod so I can hear the ground and throw a rock inside the dome.

Whack the rod inside the dome like a blind man, trying to roughly sense what's in there.

Then get one half of an open sample container inside the dome and close the lid.

Nothing.

It feels pretty much the same as outside the dome; the ground feels solid and stony and you can't feel anything in the air, no resistance or hitting anything. Seems like about what it would be like if you turned around and just started swinging outside the black.

You do the whole "Stick container in, close lid" thing and capture nothing, by the look of it. Eh, maybe it's invisible.

Map:
http://i.imgur.com/gW2AZFx.jpg
Pages: 1 ... 925 926 [927] 928 929 ... 1256