Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 922 923 [924] 925 926 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3939900 times)

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Missile 9: Hot Potato
« Reply #13845 on: May 05, 2013, 11:21:44 am »

"Must be something psychic or similar causing the laughing. Best keep alert anyway and inform your teammates if you see or hear anything else unusual even for here."

Stay on alert while trying to figure out what is causing the sounds.

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #13846 on: May 06, 2013, 02:38:40 am »

Simus and Lukas return to base, get themselves a big o' bug box and then head back out toward the volcanic zone. The question is, how do they actually want to go about catching one of these things? Just grab it and shove it in? Put the box in front of it and let it walk in? Smash it with a rock and scoop it in?

Lukas

Lukas turns to Simus when they arrive at the volcanic zone. "I suggest that we try to get one of these things in a peaceful manner at first. We could try just putting the box in front of one somewhere and then 'herd' it into it. What do you think?"

« Last Edit: May 07, 2013, 09:48:31 am by Prosperus »
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

MutzelRX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13847 on: May 06, 2013, 05:20:23 am »

"Rest sounds lik- .."

Zzzz...
« Last Edit: May 06, 2013, 05:31:04 am by MutzelRX »
In case of emergency:
Scream. Break glass. Bleed to death.
-----
ER: Suicide bombing with miniature suns against living crystalline skyscraper-battleships

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #13848 on: May 06, 2013, 08:14:35 am »

((HMRC peaceful manner:  Only shoot it if it doesn't cooperate.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #13849 on: May 06, 2013, 12:14:17 pm »

((Let's hope this isn't the mindfuck zone))

((Son of a bitch.))

"Brothers, do you hear that?"

Attempt to pinpoint the source of the noise.  Is it coming through the radio?  Shut off comms for a moment to see if it stops (then turn back on).

If it stops with comms off, tell everyone in squad to turn them off, notify command that we're going radio silent, then shut off comms and head on to the next sector (Sector 9) via the edges.

If it doesn't stop, see if it's vibrations coming through the ground.  Head straight toward Sector 9 to see if it follows us.

(Wait till you get to the outer edges of the area)

It's hard to tell where its  coming from, or more realistically, it's hard to pin it down. It keeps changing it's location, first in front of you then behind you then spiraling somewhere off above you. You shut off the comms, to no avail. You feel the ground but it doesn't seem to be moving.

You try to Move straight forward, To push on toward 9, but the sound just gets louder, and more distorted. It shakes your bones and makes your ears bleed.

"I really.... need to work..... on that"
Check the exact elemental/mineral composition of the iron then put them somewhere warm enough to keep them semi liquid then go to sleep
Well, they hardened long ago during the several hour trek home, but the mineral composition (we'll assume you used the same process that Simus and Kisame did) looks similar to the iron pellets they tested before. You can't really tell if there are traces of anything unique thanks to the imprecise nature of the tests.

((Toaster, you fool... You should have seen it coming when you said that... I forget what the name of the law that is relevant here, but there is one that definitely applies to what just happened, I'm sure of it!))

"Whew... That's quite the walk... Let's stop here and take a sleep and stuff, I think we deserve the rest... We'll get moving again in a couple of hours, so get some sleep."

Bishop keys his radio to base for a moment.

"Blue Team here. We're beat so we're taking a good sleep and rest. We'll be on our way again in 8 hours or so. Tell me how everyone is going then."

Find a comfy spot if possible and have something to eat and drink. Then organise a watch system so we all don't get caught unawares and set a timer to wake me up when it's my turn to take watch. Let the group sleep a good 8 hours.

You and the team sit down and partake in food and drink and controlled unconsciousness for several hours, taking 2 hour watch shifts. Besides strange and half glimpsed things amongst the towers, the "night" is uneventful.

"What's so funny?"

Ignore the giggling, keep walking towards the center of the zone.

((Murphys law: Anything that can go wrong, will. Never taunt Murphy.))

You join Lars in being violently shaken apart by horrifically distorted giggling.

Green team
rejoin the group and attempt to pinpoint the gigglings origin through all logical methods.

If all else fails attempt to communicate by giggling back.

There's no visible origin, or is the audio origin static. There seems no good way of pinpointing where it's coming from using the senses at your disposal. You Giggle back at it but that seems to do no good.

Flint Westwood - Blue squad - Sector 18

Put one of the black tower sample inside the marked gel-sack container, just in case it is living and those black towers can provide it nutrition. Sleep according to team leader's orders.

If all else fails attempt to communicate by giggling back.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1agaZinJHg
You rearrange your samples and then join the team in the time honored art of passing out in potentially dangerous places.

"Must be something psychic or similar causing the laughing. Best keep alert anyway and inform your teammates if you see or hear anything else unusual even for here."

Stay on alert while trying to figure out what is causing the sounds.
You have no better luck then the others. Maybe ghosts? or Leprechauns? Ghost Leprechauns?

"Rest sounds lik- .."

Zzzz...

ZZZZZZ

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #13850 on: May 06, 2013, 12:17:21 pm »

Previous|Next

Spoiler: --- Sector Numbers --- (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: --- Locations/Objects of Interest on AP 1774 (Vastitatibus Temporis (The Waste(s) of Time)) ---
Spoiler: --- Subhex numbers --- (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 24, 2013, 02:06:22 pm by Parisbre56 »

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #13851 on: May 06, 2013, 12:17:58 pm »

Spoiler: --- Team Info --- (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: --- Base Map --- (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: --- Stockpiles/Equipment/POI in Base (Canary Base) ---
Spoiler:  -- Medbay -- (click to show/hide)
Spoiler:  -- Armory -- (click to show/hide)
Spoiler:  -- Garage -- (click to show/hide)
Spoiler:  -- Kitchen -- (click to show/hide)
Spoiler:  -- Barracks -- (click to show/hide)
Spoiler:  -- AI ("ALVIN") -- (click to show/hide)
Spoiler:  -- Life support -- (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: --- Useful links --- (click to show/hide)

((If you have any suggestions/comments/corrections, please PM those to me.))
« Last Edit: July 10, 2013, 06:45:11 am by Parisbre56 »

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #13852 on: May 06, 2013, 12:23:14 pm »

"Must be something important in sector 9. We need to go around or find a way to block the sounds.."

Suggest course of action.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #13853 on: May 06, 2013, 12:38:53 pm »

Paint the shuttle a nice deep blue, paint red and yellow flames over the front sweeping back so it looks like the shuttle is entering atmosphere and burning up.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13854 on: May 06, 2013, 01:36:27 pm »

Blue Team

Get everyone up and moving toward zone 17, mapping and testing the ground infront of us all the way.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #13855 on: May 06, 2013, 01:41:08 pm »

Tame Green

((NOPE))

"Brothers, we must retreat!  Algis, protect us!"

GTFO to the edge of the zone until the madnes stops.  Go around the edge toward 9.  Stop and rest if we need to.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2013, 11:34:27 pm by Toaster »
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13856 on: May 06, 2013, 03:00:12 pm »

"SHIT!"

Get the fuck out of there! Head back to the edge of the zone.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13857 on: May 06, 2013, 04:03:48 pm »

Try to calculate/estimate how much time we'll have left (in-game time) once we've finished exploring all our bighexes, going from our current rate of exploration, and assuming we continue with 2 exploration teams.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13858 on: May 06, 2013, 04:46:29 pm »

flee to the previous zone, try using my bat chip to play a tone over the radio to drown out the giggling.

Green
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13859 on: May 06, 2013, 04:54:48 pm »

Head back to consolidate and drop offf any gear I don't need, then refuel as needed and depart, intending to go around the lava zone the long way.

"Is it fine with you guys if I head around the molten iron lake the long way?"
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.
Pages: 1 ... 922 923 [924] 925 926 ... 1256