Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 917 918 [919] 920 921 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3939317 times)

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Missile 9: Hot Potato
« Reply #13770 on: April 27, 2013, 11:06:20 pm »

Blue Team

"How the hell can we not see this from base? It's not that far, is it?" Bishop said, continuing to plod along patiently.

Keep mapping cautiously.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13771 on: April 27, 2013, 11:19:46 pm »

green team

jam my hard rod into it's quivering, moist mass.
also jam it with a sampling container... for scientific purposes i swear...

((whats the bet im about to get eaten by space goo?))
« Last Edit: April 27, 2013, 11:28:59 pm by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13772 on: April 28, 2013, 04:32:49 am »

green team

Oh dear god, the innuendo...

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13773 on: April 28, 2013, 05:04:30 am »

green team

Oh dear god, the innuendo...

hehe yeah... its all piecewise's fault though, he started it.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #13774 on: April 28, 2013, 06:19:31 am »

"Wonder what effect lasers have on it."

Assist in testing goo with lars.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #13775 on: April 28, 2013, 08:14:43 am »

"Welp."

Shoot it with the gauss rifle, at about a 60 degree downward angle.  See if I can get a sample now.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #13776 on: April 28, 2013, 10:23:21 am »

Flint Westwood - Blue squad - Sector 18

((Looks like bringing that monorazor along was a good idea. Most things around here seem too durable to be sampled otherwise.))
((Getting eaten isn't the problem. Your suit will probably protect you, unless it's some horrible, suit eating goo. The problems I can see are:
1.You get trapped and you can't get out.
1.a.One of your trigger happy friends shoots you in an attempt to free you.
1.a.i.You survive the shot. Now your suit is slowly filling up with gel. Enjoy your slow, painful, jelly death.
2.The goo sea is actually surrounded by some sort of plastic bag and is under pressure (like a balloon), so the moment you pierce the surface, it explodes on your face with unfortunate results.
3.There are sharks inside that sea. You know how dangerous alien sharks can be from the last mission.))

"Mmmmm... Fried desert beetle was a delicacy back home. I wonder if this tastes as good..."

Keep following the leader. If I see one of those beetle shells lying around, break one small piece off of it (preferably one that still has "meat" on it) and smell it, then lick it (I'm assuming that since we can eat in them, our suits has some kind of induction port). If it doesn't feel weird in my tongue or smell bad, eat a tiny part of it. Keep the rest in a sample container for later.

((What? It's an acceptable scientific experiment. What could possibly go wrong?))
« Last Edit: April 28, 2013, 10:26:43 am by Parisbre56 »

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13777 on: April 28, 2013, 10:27:38 am »

((Sean, a question about Anton's investigation of the video logs. How much it is public knowledge what you discovered? I don't suppose anyone missed the fact that you were sitting there for hours watching footage, but how much of the stuff known to Miyamoto is known to us?))

Blue Team

"Weird, isn't it? The way the vision is affected. I think we'll have to test that at some point; how far can we see things. Huge towers on an empty plane should be seen until the horizon, which once again asks a question of just how big this planetoid is. And then the other things... I just don't like how this entire plane seems to be so neatly sectioned, it shouldn't be that way."

Continue mapping.
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #13778 on: April 28, 2013, 11:17:38 am »

((Sean, a question about Anton's investigation of the video logs. How much it is public knowledge what you discovered? I don't suppose anyone missed the fact that you were sitting there for hours watching footage, but how much of the stuff known to Miyamoto is known to us?))
((Most of the things Anton found were only shared with Miyamoto and maybe Simus. Plus a lot more things that Anton thinks have happened are known only to him, since they are unfounded theories at the moment. So no, for the most part all of Anton's investigation results remain largely unknown to the general public.))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #13779 on: April 28, 2013, 12:55:22 pm »

Refuel the shuttle and look over it for any signs of damage.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13780 on: April 28, 2013, 02:48:21 pm »

Base team

See if it would be possible to build a containment box/chamber inside the lab which could be heated up to the temperature where the slug lives. Also, check if there is enough materials to make multiple boxes.

Then update map and distribute it around.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13781 on: April 29, 2013, 12:53:01 pm »

((Oh right. Forgot action again.))

"Darn, these things just go on forever. This is officially too big for me to handle by myself. I'm going to run out of fuel before I find a clearing. One last experiment before I leave then."

Hack the spare mapping drone I brought for manual flight control, link its camera and sensor feeds to my visor. Send the drone north, flying in low, keeping track of the rangefinder to avoid accidentally running into something. Try to observe the creatures on the ground for a bit, then continue through the creature-filled area towards anything like the anomaly center - anything I can spot that stands out. If the drone starts losing signal, try to set it down on the ground away from nearby creatures, leaving it broadcasting an intermittent radio signal, to act as a beacon for later.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13782 on: April 29, 2013, 01:33:15 pm »

((By the way, do we have actual cameras that can record for an extended period of time at the base? Maybe we could "borrow" Alvin's, or say extend a landline (antenna?) to the forest, and other places of interest, and attach it to a camera.))
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13783 on: April 29, 2013, 01:48:36 pm »

((By the way, do we have actual cameras that can record for an extended period of time at the base? Maybe we could "borrow" Alvin's, or say extend a landline (antenna?) to the forest, and other places of interest, and attach it to a camera.))
((Our helmetcams are pretty good, and the suit's onboard computer has enough storage to last a while. Plus as long as we aren't too far out, everything the helmetcams see is sent to Base and recorded.))

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13784 on: April 29, 2013, 02:07:03 pm »

((Our helmets don't count, I was talking about doing what Flint is doing right now with the drone, and then having months footage of an area. And then we could fast-forward it to see if anything changes over time (and maybe study those creatures.) I mean, the more data the better, right?))

Pages: 1 ... 917 918 [919] 920 921 ... 1256