Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 914 915 [916] 917 918 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3938576 times)

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Missile 9: Hot Potato
« Reply #13725 on: April 24, 2013, 12:43:58 pm »

Stay alert while helping/following Lars.

"What. The. Hell. Was. That?"

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13726 on: April 24, 2013, 12:59:21 pm »

((Fitting enough for a spark on vacation. Maybe a level C spark, C+ even. (Or 3/3+ if you're using the other system).

Also, expect my character to become obsessed with the atmosphere once we finish this expedition.))

Yay, moving at last! Moving movingmovingmoving...

And yeah, still talking to Zephyris.
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #13727 on: April 24, 2013, 01:25:22 pm »

Viridi Quadrigis
Deploy a mapping drone to survey the sector.  Stay at this position while looking up.  If whatever it is appears to be getting closer, retreat toward the edge of the sector.
((Just noticed that and I would like to say:))
  • The drones can't navigate the black rods.
  • The atmosphere is flammable.
  • The drones use rockets.
  • You do not have orders to map this zone.
((I just don't want to see Lars blown up. Where else are we going to find a crazy HMRC priest who worships Steve?))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #13728 on: April 24, 2013, 02:11:09 pm »

((But I th...

D'oh!  Here I was thinking the black rods were sector nineteen, not eighteen.  Derp!  Changing action accordingly.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13729 on: April 24, 2013, 07:53:56 pm »

((Theoretically, the entire atmosphere should not go bang if we ignite it, because the explosion would consume the methane in the immediate area and produce CO2 and snuff itself out. Should. Still, don't recommend igniting the atmosphere, because it's late here and my brain is mush right now, so the quality of my thought processes are questionable.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #13730 on: April 24, 2013, 08:12:05 pm »

((Unless combustion is different here in Anomaly Land.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #13731 on: April 24, 2013, 08:32:20 pm »

((Theoretically, the entire atmosphere should not go bang if we ignite it, because the explosion would consume the methane in the immediate area and produce CO2 and snuff itself out. Should. Still, don't recommend igniting the atmosphere, because it's late here and my brain is mush right now, so the quality of my thought processes are questionable.))

((It wouldn't go bang, but that's because it's too rich, there's not enough oxygen to sustain a combustion reaction. Flammable/explosive gasses require a very specific fuel-to-air mixture. CO2 snuffing would occur only in zero-gee.))
« Last Edit: April 24, 2013, 08:57:55 pm by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13732 on: April 24, 2013, 08:34:07 pm »

((Ah. I knew something was off. Thanks.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #13733 on: April 25, 2013, 05:14:51 am »

Go to where Lukas is waiting.

Lukas, take Michael and go supervise Chernozorov. I don't know why he defied my order to come here and went out on his own, but now he's out, and he's alone.

I do not want any of my team members away from the base alone.

Take general samples in the general volcanic region, then go to the bioform volcanic region and see if the "grazing" bioforms do anything if approached.

((Sorry, derped out again. This is why I went ahead and appointed a lieutenant.))

Lukas, take Michael and go supervise Chernozorov. I don't know why he defied my order to come here and went out on his own, but now he's out, and he's alone.

I do not want any of my team members away from the base alone.

((Both of these things can't be done because Michael is in sector 18 right now and seems intent on wandering off on his own to his possibly explody death.))

((And here's the crappy drawing I talked about. I may finish drawing it and clean it up a bit on GIMP if I have the time.))
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Team Red - Lukas

"Michael? Michael doesn't seem to be around at the moment. You want me to take someone else?"

Send message to Michael and Chernozorov

"Guys, can you both come to the volcanic sector? I believe that you are wanted there by Simus."
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #13734 on: April 25, 2013, 05:18:53 am »

You're kidding, right? Just, get everyone who isn't here, here. You may take someone and go to Cherenozov if you wish.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #13735 on: April 25, 2013, 05:43:32 am »

((Actually, I believe Lukas messaged me about going to the volcanic sector already. My response was along the lines of "I'd like to be somewhere I can work with my tools without them melting in my hands."))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #13736 on: April 25, 2013, 06:39:10 am »

((Actually, I believe Lukas messaged me about going to the volcanic sector already. My response was along the lines of "I'd like to be somewhere I can work with my tools without them melting in my hands."))

((Yeah, and I believe that Michael is out somewhere admiring black spirals or something.))
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13737 on: April 25, 2013, 08:58:21 am »

((Michael is going back with Mesk, and Corsair has asked for a direct order. So I think Lucas should just tell him what to do.))
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #13738 on: April 25, 2013, 11:07:01 am »

Because there's been some confusion as to where everyone is and what their objectives are:
Spoiler: --- Sector Numbers --- (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: --- Planet Map --- (click to show/hide)
I hope it helps.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2013, 11:13:25 am by Parisbre56 »

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13739 on: April 25, 2013, 11:42:18 am »

I am going to be seriously dissapointed in us if we dont blow sector 18 off of the face of the map once we have finished exploring it.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.
Pages: 1 ... 914 915 [916] 917 918 ... 1256