Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 913 914 [915] 916 917 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3939180 times)

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Missile 9: Hot Potato
« Reply #13710 on: April 23, 2013, 09:19:15 pm »

Set the suit to broadcast a live video feed to Blue and Green teams.  Take off and do a flyby over the spires.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #13711 on: April 23, 2013, 10:19:11 pm »

Go to where Lukas is waiting.

Lukas, take Michael and go supervise Chernozorov. I don't know why he defied my order to come here and went out on his own, but now he's out, and he's alone.

I do not want any of my team members away from the base alone.

Take general samples in the general volcanic region, then go to the bioform volcanic region and see if the "grazing" bioforms do anything if approached.

((Sorry, derped out again. This is why I went ahead and appointed a lieutenant.))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #13712 on: April 23, 2013, 10:51:55 pm »

"Whats this about explosions if I use my laser?"
Start navigating through the towers towards the next area
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13713 on: April 24, 2013, 02:57:16 am »

Lars held up his hands to stop the team.  "Brothers, I think we should confer with our superiors before proceeding further.  Let's back up, shall we?"

Lars then set back to leader coms.  "Glorious leader, there appears to be... something living up near the tops of these towers.  It may be aware of our presence.  What are our orders in regards to plumbing the depths of these mysteries- is this a cursory investigation, or are we to push on despite risks?"

He then sent a response to Mesk.  "Be advised that there may be something living at the top of the towers."

Message back:
You can investigate if you want, but if it seems hostile you might want to leave it be for now. Your objective is to map these hexes, and you're allowed to do it more thoroughly than the previous 2 hexes. In-depth experimentation however will wait for later.

Base team
Look around to see if we have the materials needed to construct a big box of heat-resistant material that could be big enough to capture one of those slugs. The box would be rectangular, and the left and right lid should be able to be taken off.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #13714 on: April 24, 2013, 04:34:19 am »

...I don't know why he defied my order to come here...
((Wait, what? When?))

((edit: ah, it seems that was a general direction of "Lukas will lead you to the volcanic zone", and right about the time Anton was in the Madness Place. He, like me, probably just dismissed the comms as background noise at that time. :P))
« Last Edit: April 24, 2013, 04:38:06 am by Sean Mirrsen »
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #13715 on: April 24, 2013, 05:32:39 am »

((...and right about the time Anton was in the Madness Place...))

((Madness place?))

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13716 on: April 24, 2013, 07:10:03 am »

((Madness place?))
((Well, not quite in the Madness Place, but a non-physics-defying variant thereof. :P It's a term from the webcomic Girl Genius, where Sparks - supernaturally talented engineers - would enter a state that's referred to as "the Madness Place" when focusing hard on their work.))

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #13717 on: April 24, 2013, 07:53:23 am »

Lukas, take Michael and go supervise Chernozorov. I don't know why he defied my order to come here and went out on his own, but now he's out, and he's alone.

I do not want any of my team members away from the base alone.

((Both of these things can't be done because Michael is in sector 18 right now and seems intent on wandering off on his own to his possibly explody death.))

((And here's the crappy drawing I talked about. I may finish drawing it and clean it up a bit on GIMP if I have the time.))
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #13718 on: April 24, 2013, 08:03:22 am »

Viridi Quadrigis

"Affirmative, glorious leader.  May the light of Steve watch over us all, and Algis protect us with his shielding hands."

Head directly toward Sector 19.  Do not pass go.  Do not collect $200.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2013, 02:11:58 pm by Toaster »
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #13719 on: April 24, 2013, 08:07:46 am »

((Could someone give me a direct instruction please? I'm just getting really confused with all of these messages flying around))
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13720 on: April 24, 2013, 08:27:41 am »

((Tomorrow. I should be back late saturday afternoon.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13721 on: April 24, 2013, 09:50:28 am »

Blue team

"Alright, enough standing around. Let's go."

Lead the team the opposite way that Lars went, skirting around the sight anomaly area, tossing rocks ahead as we go. Start mapping.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #13722 on: April 24, 2013, 10:40:14 am »

((Madness place?))
((Well, not quite in the Madness Place, but a non-physics-defying variant thereof. :P It's a term from the webcomic Girl Genius, where Sparks - supernaturally talented engineers - would enter a state that's referred to as "the Madness Place" when focusing hard on their work.))

((I recognize the source, I think, I just didn't catch the reference , especially in relation to what you were doing.))
« Last Edit: April 24, 2013, 10:45:50 am by PyroDesu »

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13723 on: April 24, 2013, 11:49:27 am »

((Well, I - or Anton, rather - was in the process of using mapping drones and an assortment of spare parts to turn an electric quad-bike into a hybrid powered rocket sled for zero-friction environments. That's not quite Spark level of creativity, but I thought the reference was fitting. :P))

Anton Chernozorov, Red Team technician: Exploring.

"Aand off we go."

Aim for what would be the center of the flatland, accelerate to about 5m/s, and coast along. Keep radio channels open to receive all team and base chatter. Reverse thrust and stop (relative to the grid) if the communications are interrupted, if any significant change in the surroundings is spotted, or at the first signs of anything bad happening to MPV or suit power. In the latter case, if possible, reverse thrust to slowly move away from the anomaly instead of stopping.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #13724 on: April 24, 2013, 12:31:34 pm »

Flint Westwood - Blue squad - Sector 18

EDIT:If I'm outside the flammable atmosphere, pull out my monorazor and take a tiny sample of black rod from the bottom of the thickest rod I can find, so as not to damage the carvings. Try to cause as little damage as possible to the rods.
Start mapping zone 18, looking araround for any change in scenery or the symbols on the rods.
Consider whether or not we have a ladder or other such device large enough to reach those uneven areas and if not, consider whether or not we could build one with the materials we have. If not, think of wether or not someone could reach the top of the spires and rappel down to those uneven ares.

((Thinking about this because you said the atmosphere is flammable, which means we cannot use our rockets to reach those places. Which reminds me...))
If one of my fellow inmates does something that could cause this place to blow up, make sure my exosuit is fully sealed and run like hell and get to safety.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2013, 01:34:44 pm by Parisbre56 »
Pages: 1 ... 913 914 [915] 916 917 ... 1256