Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 907 908 [909] 910 911 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3941123 times)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Missile 9: Hot Potato
« Reply #13620 on: April 18, 2013, 02:01:45 am »

Quote from: PyroDesu
((Sean, you're not Red Team anymore. Red is me, Prosperous, Doomblade, and Corsair.))
((No, he's with you. Anton asked Miyamoto to be transfered from the base team to the experimentation team and Miyamoto said yes.

((EDIT: Wait a minute... Anton changed teams the moment Simus changed teams? Surely he must have fallen in love with Simus' beautiful robotic form and now he wants to be near her all the time. But worry not! Flint will fight him for her love if he has to. :P))
« Last Edit: April 18, 2013, 03:12:07 am by Parisbre56 »

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #13621 on: April 18, 2013, 02:19:02 am »

((Sean, you're not Red Team anymore. Red is me, Prosperous, Doomblade, and Corsair.))
((No, he's with you. Anton asked Miyamoto to be transfered from the base team to the experimentation team and Miyamoto said yes.))

Red team - Lukas

Lukas messages back to Anton:
"We're at the edge of the volcanic zone, about to collect samples. Join the party. It's a blast!"

He then turns to the rest of the team. "Okay men. This is it. This is where you can prove your sampling skills. Don't stop until the fat robot sings."

Randomly wander around (but beware of any dangers) and take samples of whatever seems intuitively interesting.

You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #13622 on: April 18, 2013, 03:04:48 am »

((I didn't mean to lift the thing up, PW, just maneuver it around like a hovercraft. Hovercraft mostly slide all over the place, turning with vectored thrust - I wanted to use the same to move the MPV.))

Anton Chernozorov, Red Team technician, in the Madness Place garage.

"We're at the edge of the volcanic zone, about to collect samples. Join the party. It's a blast!"
Quote from: Anton Chernozorov, text message to Lukas
Thank you, but no. How about a counteroffer? I am trying to rig our MPV to maneuver on the shattered plains up north. If you want to perform some experiments there, there is still space left in the trailer. Personally, as a technician, I prefer to be in areas where my tools don't melt in my hands.

Use spare parts to mount a frame of four mapping drones onto the MPV, preferably without permanently damaging either. Link all four drones to the datapad and write a simple program to control the drones' thrust. They must be able to respond to "turn left/right", "move forward/backward", and "strafe left/right".
« Last Edit: April 18, 2013, 03:56:12 am by Sean Mirrsen »
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #13623 on: April 18, 2013, 03:20:28 am »

((I didn't mean to lift the thing up, PW, just maneuver it around like a hovercraft. Hovercraft mostly slide all over the place, turning with vectored thrust - I wanted to use the same to move the MPV.))

Anton Chernozorov, Red Team technician, in the garage.

Thank you, but no. How about a counteroffer? I am trying to rig our MPV to maneuver on the shattered plains up north. If you want to perform some experiments there, there is still space left in the trailer. Personally, as a technician, I prefer to be in areas where my tools don't melt in my hands.

Use spare parts to mount a frame of four mapping drones onto the MPV, preferably without permanently damaging either. Link all four drones to the datapad and write a simple program to control the drones' thrust. They must be able to respond to "turn left/right", "move forward/backward", and "strafe left/right".

Lukas messages back:
"Thanks for the offer, but I'm afraid that I would immediately wreck the MPV if I try to sit on it. Maybe someone else is interested. Maybe check with Miyamoto or something."
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #13624 on: April 18, 2013, 02:00:29 pm »

Team Blue

Flint Westwood - Blue squad - Waiting inside "Mesk's Bucket"

((Fuel, schmuel.  That's never been a problem before, right?))
((Damn right! And if we do run out of fuel, we can always build a rocket out of RCS thrusters!))

Whistle a merry tune while waiting.

Remember whether or not I could contact the base without delay when I the motion anomalies were between me and the base. If there was no delay, wonder how this could be.

EDIT:Forgot to write my squad's colour.

Well, if there is one between you and the base, then there is a delay.

Team Green
((Fuel, schmuel.  That's never been a problem before, right?))

Teem Grean

Everyone was on board.  Just the perfect time for a motivation sermon!  "Brothers and sisters of the HMRC, we are gathered here this day to venture forth into the unknown, bearing the Light of Steve!  We shall glorify his name and do his bidding!"

Deliver impromptu sermon.
You continue prattling on as usual.

Team Red
Red Team

Visually, is it identical to the beads in all but size? Consider exactly what kind of materiel I'm dealing with here, as an amorphous crystalline solid is an oxymoron, and its incredible properties. Also consider applications of such a material.

Miyamoto, this suit is very nice. I might consider getting one of my own, and possibly getting a synthfelsh body that would fit within. Somehow I doubt that, if the standard synthfelsh is similar to Jim but with only two arms, I would be able to use one of these, but a smaller one might allow for it.

Red Team, I will be joining you in a while. Take whatever samples you might want to before I get there, because I think those bioforms deserve a more close-up study, and I don't want to attempt that until we're all prepared for it.

The thing is quite different from the beads. Where as the beads were small, smooth and ovoid this thing is quite large and is partially cylindrical, with a jagged edge on both sides, as though it was broken off from the middle of a larger rod. It doesn't seem crystalline in nature either, though it's hard to tell without a microscope.

You're not really sure what it or the beads could be made of, but whatever they are they're certainly unstable, and contain a rather massive amount of energy. And neither are amorphous, they're both quite rigid in their shape.

One clear application would be a power source, if you could figure out a way to harness it.

((No, he's with you. Anton asked Miyamoto to be transfered from the base team to the experimentation team and Miyamoto said yes.))

Red team - Lukas

He then turns to the rest of the team. "Okay men. This is it. This is where you can prove your sampling skills. Don't stop until the fat robot sings."

Randomly wander around (but beware of any dangers) and take samples of whatever seems intuitively interesting.

You wanna head into the hotzone or continue along it's border like before?

Anton Chernozorov, Red Team technician, in the Madness Place garage.

Well, you can do that then. Though wouldn't it be more of a sled then a hovercraft at that point? Since Hovercraft implies "Hover"

And we'll just let you do that, since your handiwork score prevents you from outright failing and I know if you get like a 3 you'll just keep rolling over and over till you get a 5.

Team I don't know.

Wait for shuttle to take off.
Waiting.
Wait for a test ride and a response what route were going to be flying and whether we should put drones in front of the shuttle. Then board and take off.
Not sure why you would put drones in front of the shuttle, except maybe to see if they get anomaly ganked, to give you an early warning. Oh well, waiting on mesk here.
"Yeah, no.  First we refuel, then we leave."
Fill up the tank before taking off.
You take the safe, boring, probably not gonna result in anything hilarious route of fueling the ship before leaving.

"So uh what now?"

Send message to team, and then go to where I am needed
Quote from: Message to Red Team

So uh where am I meant to be right now exactly?

You send the message and wait to be sorted out by someone in charge.

"Dammit Lars, I can walk on my own you know. No need to drag me everywhere.

Help the shuttle crew with any last minute checks.
You help mesk with his hose.

His refueling hose.

sing "the final countdown" at the top of my lungs and use my machete as an air guitar while we wait for take off.
"IT'S THE FINAL COUNT DOWN! IF MESK EVER FINISHES FUELING!"

Keep an eye on Mesk to make sure he doesn't blow anything up. Stop him if he's about to do something dangerous/stupid.
He seems to be able to use a hose quite competently. It's almost surprising. You were waiting for him to try and kick the fuel into the shuttle.

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13625 on: April 18, 2013, 02:19:01 pm »

Team Blue:

((That is exactly the reason. Anomaly ganked it is.))
Wait for a test ride and a response what route were going to be flying and whether we should put drones in front of the shuttle. Then board and take off. (Repeating the action.)

PS: Play Chito Grito as we fly. (don't have sound right now, hope this works. Yup, it works.)
« Last Edit: April 18, 2013, 03:16:59 pm by Thearpox »
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #13626 on: April 18, 2013, 02:19:33 pm »

Let's-a go!

Edit: Remember to use the most up-to-date maps in order to steer well clear of any anomalies.

(By the way, where are we going?)

Take whatever route is decided by the team leaders or by consensus.

Which is apparently Sector 19.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2013, 02:03:28 am by Remalle »

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #13627 on: April 18, 2013, 02:26:48 pm »

"Don't crash the shuttle please. Because that would suck."

wait for shuttle to get to wherever it needs to go then follow lars unless it is a bad idea.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #13628 on: April 18, 2013, 03:52:10 pm »

Teem Green

Lars sits in his seat and hums a tune, as he mentally writes a hymn to Steve to fit...

Wait for transport.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2013, 11:54:53 am by Toaster »
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13629 on: April 18, 2013, 03:56:10 pm »

((Flint kind of asked you where we're going, but nobody bother to decide which route. You might want to do that, just saying, or we'll end up another turn without action. Also, not doing a test flight? Aw.))

"Since we're all in here waiting to take off, does anyone know anything about The Doctors or Armory Masters past? Or Steve's for that matter? Or any other information about them?"
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13630 on: April 18, 2013, 04:44:45 pm »

[GREEN TEAM]

Keep an eye on the ground, looking for anything moving, or really, really unusual.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #13631 on: April 18, 2013, 04:45:18 pm »

((@PILOT: We're going to sector 19, the one at the other end of the flatzone. The skylights in sector 2 will kill you if you fly into them. A large part of sector 2 is unexplored. The border of the flat zone is relatively safe. The motion anomalies of sector 3 can tear you apart or cause you to get stuck. The vision anomalies of sector 7 can cause blindness, reversed depth perception and other things that may make driving a shuttle hard. More info available in the first part of my notes.))

"The Doctor? Doctor Who?" ((Couldn't resist. And technically, Flint has never met him or heard about him.))
« Last Edit: April 18, 2013, 04:49:08 pm by Parisbre56 »

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13632 on: April 18, 2013, 05:19:07 pm »

Somebody was clearly not getting the idea of a tense relationship. Flint, what the heck? You can't just tell me to piss off and then engage in a discussion like nothing happened! Well, I guess you just did, but what are you thinking? How the heck am I supposed to know when to approach you and when to stay away?! You know what? If we are going to have constant bickering in our group, it is YOUR fault, because YOU have no idea how to play hedgehogs. Or maybe you just have selective memory, what the heck do I know? Maybe you're just trying to keep your dislike of me a secret, in which case you aren't doing very well.

Well, better answer him nevertheless. Telling humans how they should behave doesn't tend to work well, and well, Flint was weird, but not that weird actually. Plenty of people were just as annoying as he is, and worse. Once again, somebody should've spent more time outside in the past few years or it wouldn't be as annoying as it was now.

"The Doctor who performs all the special operations in the ship. As far as I've gathered, those people here with not standard robotic bodies or bodyparts were operated on by him. Seems like an interesting guy to me.  So once again, anybody know anything about him?"

Response to below: (would have had it much earlier if not for a funky internet connection and my second computer's corrupted harddrive.) 1). What Vich thinks and what I thinks is not the same thing. And because he doesn't like people in general I
a: reserve the right to call you and anyone out on a real or perceived failings. Underline and highlight the world perceived because:
b: I don't know if I made that clear, but Vich has spend his last ten years (give or take a few) mostly with himself. What people do or don't do often seems weird to him, and he can sometimes take completely normal situations as something really weird. I plan to gradually work him into normal (whatever that normal turns out to be.  ???)

2). Also we're the only two people who seem to be talking, so go figure that out. And helping the UWM was his choice, but he chose it because he believed in what he did. But I'm not revealing the secrets right now, that's up to him. So you're misunderstanding him a bit, which is completely fine, since that cretin just blabbered about his backstory without any consideration of what the others will think of him. He's now in deep thoughts on how to present it better next time he has to talk about it.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2013, 09:17:55 pm by Thearpox »

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #13633 on: April 18, 2013, 06:35:46 pm »

((First of all, I didn't expect for you to answer.

Second, you didn't have to answer, someone else could have answered. We are a group talking, that means that my question was addressed to the entire group.

Third, I find what I did completely natural. I don't know how Flint would act in a situation like this, but Paris would do just that. I haven't given much thought to that part of his character, so I just copy it from myself. I should probably congratulate you for that, you've managed to create the character Flint would be most likely to hate: worked and killed for the UWM, not because he was forced and didn't have any other choice, not because he believed in the UWM and thought that was the right choice, but because he simply chose to. On a whim. Just like that. That is the answer to the question why Flint freaked especially with Vich. Choice. Everything you did was your choice, everything that happened to you was a result of your choices.

))

"Hmph." Flint made a grunt of acknowledgement.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13634 on: April 18, 2013, 07:25:04 pm »

Team green
pretend like nothing happened, sit down and await transport.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.
Pages: 1 ... 907 908 [909] 910 911 ... 1256