Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 873 874 [875] 876 877 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3945920 times)

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Missions 9: Anyone got some bolts?
« Reply #13110 on: March 22, 2013, 08:53:34 pm »

Quote from: To Base
A radioactive, charged thing drifting towards base? Maybe you guys should turn off any sensitive electrical stuff? That's what you usually do in things like thunderstorms.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #13111 on: March 22, 2013, 09:28:14 pm »

"I'm more worried about... well, everything.  The idea of living in an irradiated metal hellhole for the rest of the year isn't appealing."
Grab my equipment and head down underground.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13112 on: March 22, 2013, 09:46:10 pm »

"Great. First zone in, and we send Command a glowy ball of radioactive doom. Nice job everybody."

Copy math from anomaly splinter, and then copy the math from the actual anomaly. Then follow Lars, scan, don't die horribly to anomalies.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #13113 on: March 22, 2013, 11:04:19 pm »

Lars looked at Auron and sighed.  "Brother Auron!  It is moving too fast for us to catch!  You'll never get there in time.  Stick with the team!"

He sighed.  "Algis, may your hands shield him..."
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13114 on: March 22, 2013, 11:41:08 pm »

"Dammit! There's nothing we can do about it and if we run back now, we'll only be in danger and still be able to do nothing about it. If it's radioactive and electrical, then hopefully the base's walls and shielding will protect it from whatever is heading for it, but if there is damage then hopefully Alvin can tell us when it's safe enough to return and then we can repair any serious damage that may have taken place."

Bishop sighs and shakes his head.

"If there is any damage, hopefully it will just be some shorted out electronics and stuff that's easy to fix. I'm more concerned about the radiation zapping our food and water supplies if anything. But reguardless, there's nothing we can do about it so we'll just have to keep mapping this place out as much as we can until the base get's hit."

Quote from: From Bishop | To Simus and base crew
I don't think there's much, if anything we can do here. I suggest taking a good deal of food and water down with you, incase the radiation zaps our supplies. Also, make sure to get a copy of all important data from Alvin, and try to electrically shield anything sensitive if you have time. Good luck guys.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13115 on: March 23, 2013, 12:04:15 am »

you are probably right brothers, i will allow it to escape this time... but next time i shall be ready for it...
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #13116 on: March 23, 2013, 02:04:49 am »

((Well, ain't that a bolt from the blue. Or should I say the green?))

"Wait, what?"

Anton stops mid-stride, not sure if he'd misheard the message. "You sent a what at us? Well, isn't that just perfect. ALVIN! There's a... ah, чтоб тебя." He cursed under his breath, remembering the AI won't listen to his orders, and patches through to the team leader instead. "XO Simus! Order ALVIN to estimate the actual threat level of the.. whatever it is Green Team sent at us. It's been around here longer than we were, and should have a better idea of what the base can stand up to. As it is, we don't have enough giant metal hands here to secure and move everything, especially the food and water supplies, if they are in danger of destruction or contamination. We need to know in how much danger the base actually is.

And preemptively, permission to attempt an intercept. I would prefer if the whatever it is didn't strike anywhere near here in the first place. Actually... hold that thought.
"

Get to CCR, locate controls for any scanners the base has available, and get a bead on the incoming threat. Use the combined power of base computers and own brain to determine the exact trajectory of the object. If it is indeed heading straight for the base, and impact is imminent, climb down to Life Support. If it isn't heading here, determine where it is heading and inform the others. If there's still some time till impact, begin enacting intercept plan by running to the Garage and uploading the optical tracker program to a mapping drone.

((Unless the design of the base is offensive to native alien culture or ALVIN insulted their relatives in one of its previous lives, there should be little to no reason for the base to become the target of anything. The base hex, on the other hand, has something else that's quite... attractive.))
« Last Edit: March 23, 2013, 02:06:49 pm by Sean Mirrsen »
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13117 on: March 23, 2013, 02:55:20 am »

Back to Simus over radio link:
"Damn, I told them to wait with the experimenting. Anyway, in case it looks like whatever that is is going to impact on the base, you could take a minishuttle and fly the hell out of there. And normally I'd say to deactivate ALVIN, but luckily all his important bits are well protected."

Continue going into zone 7, see if our shadows keep being funky.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2013, 03:14:51 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13118 on: March 23, 2013, 04:10:18 am »

((I haven't been following this thread too closely(lack of time), but I just had a thought: those of you stuck back at the main base, your excessive amounts of free time could be well used- for exercising!

Think about it. It could be like a fitness retreat with more death and spatial anomalies.))
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #13119 on: March 23, 2013, 05:55:57 am »

((And more radioactive plasmaball bombardment.

Btw, I figured I should do something useful with my underused photoshop skills. Here's the something.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Does that work? I can try to keep it up to date if it does. ^_^))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13120 on: March 23, 2013, 09:14:51 am »

Btw, I figured I should do something useful with my underused photoshop skills. Here's the something.

Dat shit is AWESOME!!! Not to mention it's easier to see on a whole since it fits entirely on my screen while providing all the info I need to know about the anomalies we've mapped. SUHWEEEET!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13121 on: March 23, 2013, 09:24:33 am »

Dat shit is AWESOME!!! Not to mention it's easier to see on a whole since it fits entirely on my screen while providing all the info I need to know about the anomalies we've mapped. SUHWEEEET!
I'm not on this mission, but I agree.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #13122 on: March 23, 2013, 10:19:36 am »

((Thumbs up.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #13123 on: March 23, 2013, 10:53:31 am »

Message to All Team members:

No need to worry about supplies or anything, it won't effect them. There needs to be actual particulate fallout for stuff to be effected like that. Hard radiation will just sterilize the hell out of any microorganisms that might be in them, but not effect the supplies themselves. And I've ordered ALVIN to shut down systems so that nothing bad happens to them. Now, anyone in the base, get into Life Support or the AI Core unless you like being equally sterilized.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #13124 on: March 23, 2013, 01:08:05 pm »

Flint Westwood - Blue squad - Sector 3

@Bishop: "Okay, we'll keep on mapping, but I don't like this. If we don't hear from home team after the anomaly passes, I'm going back, with or without you."

@Base Team: "Damn it Simus, just get your team in the shuttle and fly to us or Miyamoto. Don't take risks when there's no reason to do so. Don't you remember what happened to the previous team?"

Keep mapping around the motion speed anomaly.
Try to convince base team to board the shuttle and fly to us or to Miyamoto, by reminding them that the previous team died because they underestimated alien anomalies, that alien shit are unknown and unsafe, that we don't know if the base will hold, that the shuttle might be damaged by the anomaly if left there, by using the phrase "Pneumatically driven love thrust!", anything that might get them in that shuttle and out of that zone.
((Nothing to do this turn besides map, so why don't I make a speech roll?))

"Wait a minute... if this thing is coming from zone 6 and moving towards zone 1, that means that if it keeps going, it will end up here! Good thing we're moving towards zone 8 then."

((Also, good work with the map Sean. Added it to my notes along with some sector mapping statistics. I'm also keeping a planned actions/experiments section so that we don't forget to do anything back at base or when passing near a zone, so if you have thought of an experiment or action or project that you would like to see listed there (NO BICYCLES! (just kidding, I do not discriminate)) send me a PM.
@Radio Controlled: I'll be happy to draw the team's paths and objectives once you have decidede where we should explore next. Although that decision would probably take a while, what with us having explored less then half of our sectors and the crisis back at base.))
« Last Edit: March 23, 2013, 01:09:53 pm by Parisbre56 »
Pages: 1 ... 873 874 [875] 876 877 ... 1256