Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 860 861 [862] 863 864 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3945453 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Missions 9: Anyone got some bolts?
« Reply #12915 on: March 14, 2013, 10:46:25 pm »

((Did you ever actually get a copy?  I don't recall Lars sending you one.))
((I believe we both agreed that you would give me a copy after you scanned it. Since you scanned, I decided to add it to my inventory automatically. Is that alright with you? I could ask you for one right now, if you want to.))

((How about this))

Lars looks at Vich.  "You had asked for a copy of the HMRC Pantheon book, correct?  I can give it to you, but be mindful of proper handling of this information.  The divine is not to be trifled with- I have been a man of the cloth for many years."

Give Vich a copy.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12916 on: March 15, 2013, 01:08:02 am »

Bishop turned to look at Mesk with a slightly worried look on his face. "Please don't say that. If the planetoid is infact intelligent, then we are effectively living in a wound in it's skin, and I don't want to know what it might do if it realises that. We have enough weird to go through as it is, and we only just got here."

He straightens and finishes off his corn dog before grabbing a sizeable portion of food and drink to cart off with him as he turns to leave.

"Well, I got work to do so I best get right on that. Oh, and I guess I'm ok with labeling the flight capable craft after birds, but it doesn't really fit with the ground vehicles so think of something else for those. Talk to you ladies later."

Grab a good amount of food to eat and something nice to drink and head off to fix the morgue problem after reattaching the vent cover in the barracks and returning the screwdriver to the garage. Get myself a welder to cut open the panel and a replacement cable from the garage if needed and have Alvin turn off the power heading to the morgue before I start fixing anything.

Eat a good amount of food and grab something to drink to take with me for later, then reattach the hatch for the vent and take the screwdriver back to the garage. Have one of my designated underlings go fix the morgue for me, someone with actual ability to fix things preferably, and head off to the garage to have a look at the drones to determine their capabilities (range, fuel life, scanning ability, controls, etc).
« Last Edit: March 15, 2013, 11:18:08 am by Zako »

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12917 on: March 15, 2013, 03:24:14 am »

((@ zako: could you maybe wait with fixing the morgue? 'Cause I need that info to finish planning and sending some exploration teams away. Or maybe you could ask someone else to do it. This is cause I would like to shorten the real-life time people have to wait to go exploring already.

@ Paris; thanks for drawing up those maps. I was going to something similar myself, but I don't have the time :/

Anyways, I'm thinking of using the 'border patrol' one, using drones to map the hexes that aren't done by a team.
However, I would make it a bit shorter, so that for example the blue team would return to base from hex 28, thereby shortening the trip. If the drones have enough range, they could come back by themselves, or we can send a shuttle to go pick them up afterwards.
This would mean we just need to decide on teams and vehicles, and we're off.))
« Last Edit: March 15, 2013, 03:38:48 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #12918 on: March 15, 2013, 03:59:42 am »

((I would personally recommend looking in the immediate vicinity of the base first. If there's anything nearby that can threaten the base, it would best be identified and/or disposed of quicker. I.e. do the "border patrol", but begin with the "small expedition" - secure and map the area nearby, then explore the rest.

As for being on a team of any kind, I think Anton's abilities are best used within the base. Exploration is best left to people equipped with more than a MkI suit, a weapon that barely works in vacuum, and a Dex penalty. :P Plus there's about 600 hours worth of video footage to sift through, and someone's gotta do it.))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12919 on: March 15, 2013, 06:00:43 am »

((With regards to Zako/Somebody else slowing down the entire team with exploration, maybe we should do several rapid Action-Answer turns? I mean, it's happened before, when Piecewise focused on one or two people to do turns. That way we can get done a lot quicker without sacrificing the roleplaying of fixing the base.))
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #12920 on: March 15, 2013, 07:55:30 am »

((A combination of touchup and border patrol then? Something like this?
Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Team considerations (click to show/hide)
))
« Last Edit: March 15, 2013, 07:57:48 am by Parisbre56 »

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12921 on: March 15, 2013, 08:04:12 am »

((A combination of touchup and border patrol then? Something like this?))
((No, first the near zones, then everything else. There is no need to be so stingy as to refrain from travelling through an explored zone on return. Start with the 6 adjacent zones as in the Small Expedition, then do the Border Patrol from there.))
« Last Edit: March 15, 2013, 08:06:53 am by Sean Mirrsen »

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #12922 on: March 15, 2013, 08:22:22 am »

((A combination of touchup and border patrol then? Something like this?))
((No, first the near zones, then everything else. There is no need to be so stingy as to refrain from travelling through an explored zone on return. Start with the 6 adjacent zones as in the Small Expedition, then do the Border Patrol from there.))
((The map was for what RC said. I understand what you're saying. In fact I think you're right and that we should explore the nearest regions first, if only to learn how to operate as a team and give us some time to prepare for longer expeditions that would require lots of supplies. However, Miyamoto and by extention RC is the team leader, so I will follow his orders/suggestions. And he wants us to do a scouting run along that route, if I understand what he says correctly. I'll draw another map with your suggestion, should RC choose to accept it.))
Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12923 on: March 15, 2013, 08:31:59 am »

((Ah, okay. I think I missed that part of RC's post. Plus my post was directly after his, so I thought you were replying to me. :P
But, yeah, whatever the team leader thinks appropriate.

And after all, while you lot are doing the roundabout, we base people can probably fix everything broken and map the other half of nearby sectors ourselves. ^_^))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #12924 on: March 15, 2013, 09:27:45 am »

((I'd suggest watching the leader-cam first.  What follows after the rest of the team splattered may be enlightening.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12925 on: March 15, 2013, 10:49:15 am »

((I find it hilarious how the most active person in planning the expedition is not even in the planning room. Wanna somehow incorporate it IC?

And is the reason you put me and yourself in one team in any way related to the fact that you're planning to collect my body if I die?  :P By the way, I just understood that this mission is actually the best one to be indebted to you. Since we don't have stasis, I wouldn't have any chance of revival if I died anyway.

((I'd suggest watching the leader-cam first.  What follows after the rest of the team splattered may be enlightening.
Someone should watch it while on Xeno Spit. Maybe we'll solve this mystery right away!))
« Last Edit: March 15, 2013, 11:02:36 am by Thearpox »
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #12926 on: March 15, 2013, 11:12:33 am »

Since we don't have stasis, I wouldn't have any chance of revival if I died anyway.

((Oh yes we do, if you manage to die close enough.))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12927 on: March 15, 2013, 11:15:04 am »

((Yeah, you're right, I have subordinates to do that for me! Thanks for reminding me, I'll edit my action now.))

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12928 on: March 15, 2013, 11:17:53 am »

Since we don't have stasis, I wouldn't have any chance of revival if I died anyway.

((Oh yes we do, if you manage to die close enough.))
((Huh, must have misread that. But can it support decaying human tissue for an entire year? And anyway, I was more thinking about the fact that we don't have the equipment to replace human body with robotic. Limbs, but not brain.

EDIT: response to below to limit clutter: And I am confident we don't. In fact, I remember very well Piecewise saying that we things for stuff like chopped off limbs, but we don't have any for brain. Mainly because the guys at the sword were wary of giving the convicts the tools necessary for a full-body conversion. I believe it was the magic gel that was the issue.))
« Last Edit: March 15, 2013, 11:33:43 am by Thearpox »

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #12929 on: March 15, 2013, 11:28:54 am »

((I think we do have some full conversion stuff. We don't have stasis, nor was I referring to stasis.))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.
Pages: 1 ... 860 861 [862] 863 864 ... 1256