Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 852 853 [854] 855 856 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3944156 times)

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Missions 9: Anyone got some bolts?
« Reply #12795 on: March 12, 2013, 04:17:42 am »

"I wouldn't, if I were you. There's no "southwest" here, and no magnetic fields worth trusting to work a compass. And I wouldn't send a mapping drone out here, not when it's likely to get sucked into that gravimetric sinkhole. Gotta think of a plan of action first."
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12796 on: March 12, 2013, 04:59:10 am »

Regarding the efforts to map out the gravity, could we jury-rig something to spray sand or something from high above? You get up to some height and empty tons of powder down below, and the resulting currents should make it easy to see where the gravity is high and where it is not.

But as some others have said, I don't think gravity is our first, or even the biggest priority.
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12797 on: March 12, 2013, 07:21:56 am »

"MY EYE! HOLY SHIT! FUCK. Owwww. Okay, there is a big bright ball of alien artifact down there. Or something weird. Oww. I dunno what it is, but it's like a tiny sun down there. Anybody see some welding gear?"

Head back to the garage, and look for a welding mask, or welding goggles. If found, head back to the crater, and look again.

((Hey guys, I found the cause of the gravity well.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #12798 on: March 12, 2013, 07:59:41 am »

"MY EYE! HOLY SHIT! FUCK. Owwww. Okay, there is a big bright ball of alien artifact down there. Or something weird. Oww. I dunno what it is, but it's like a tiny sun down there. Anybody see some welding gear?"

Head back to the garage, and look for a welding mask, or welding goggles. If found, head back to the crater, and look again.

((Hey guys, I found the cause of the gravity well.))

"Huh, how come we didn't notice that before?"

((Seriously, what exactly does your weirdovision do?  :) ))
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #12799 on: March 12, 2013, 11:25:22 am »

"There's no rush. Let us finish up with the base, eat, get some rest and we can start exploring tomorrow." ((It looks like the team just can't function as a team without shock implants. I'm telling you, we're going to have another Hallelujah mission with people going one by one to their doom, instead of facing the danger together. Can somebody who has IC knowledge of Corsairs' whereabouts and intentions (Lukas,Morul?) go grab him before he falls into a crater and breaks his hip?))

((Seriously, what exactly does your weirdovision do?  :) ))
((It gives info about what things are and how things work, however not always in human readable form. It was acquired by a failed endurance roll when using weird-o-vision goggles. Natural weird-o-vision is less powerful but safer than goggle weird-o-vision. Weird-o-vision may sometimes require will rolls for particularly complex or powerful artifacts (failing those will rolls causes the user to experience extreme pain and hallucinations). My theory is that weird-o-vision is a result of interfacing with some sort of repository of knowledge, because they are connected with a tendril to... something. (Morul never tried to look at what that something was after he got blinded. A wise decision.) However, more recently I have begun thinking that maybe the entity the goggles connect to could be "running" this universe, being partly responsible for the physics of this place, maintaining the jump points and also the source of the manipulator's power. Thus, it could be possible that this entity is somehow linked to AP-1774. Of course, that is all speculation.))

((What a surprise. Notes have been updated yet again with new info and locations.))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #12800 on: March 12, 2013, 11:27:14 am »

((That's an excellent question- has he looked at a manipulator yet?  I don't think anyone here has a handheld version and spicy brains might get in the way of an amp.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #12801 on: March 12, 2013, 11:30:04 am »

Look at mapping data then file through anything else major after then put rest of data back.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12802 on: March 12, 2013, 11:54:00 am »

((That's an excellent question- has he looked at a manipulator yet?  I don't think anyone here has a handheld version and spicy brains might get in the way of an amp.))

( I have a microwave manipulator with me))

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #12803 on: March 12, 2013, 12:03:21 pm »

((Then he should weirdo look at it in his spare time.

Also, there's that whole anyone who wants to escape should have Mesk take out their shockplant thing, too.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #12804 on: March 12, 2013, 12:13:40 pm »

((Then he should weirdo look at it in his spare time.

Also, there's that whole anyone who wants to escape should have Mesk take out their shockplant thing, too.))
((Unless we find some sort of alien ship here, removing the implants would only make matters worse when you return to the sword.))

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12805 on: March 12, 2013, 01:39:33 pm »

"I have an... interesting perspective of things."

((In all honesty, my goggles run on alium bullshittery. And I tried to look at a manipulator in VR, but I just saw the VR goggles. So yay for lens of truthiness?))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #12806 on: March 12, 2013, 02:00:21 pm »

((VR doesn't emulate your goggles, and doesn't replace your normal senses. If you look at a VR projection with weirdvision, you're just going to look past it into the projector.

Which is the reason why a welder's mask won't work against the miniature sun in the crater. The mask would lessen visible light, but what you see isn't in visible light.))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12807 on: March 12, 2013, 02:02:19 pm »

((I can try.))

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12808 on: March 12, 2013, 02:58:55 pm »

"Alvin, please make the suit video logs of the previous team available to Anton.

Oh, and Anton, if you find anything in those logs, please report what you find to me first, okay?"

Send this message to everybody:
Miyamoto here. Flint has gone through the trouble of setting up a little welcoming party to kick of our year-long stay on this dustball. While you are of course all free to come or not, I think this would be a great moment to get to know your fellow teammates better. Planning and preparation is going to come tomorrow, tonight try to enjoy yourselves a bit. Keep it decent though, no hangovers or bar fights or I'll lock away all alcohol for the remainder of the year.

Have fun,
Miyamoto

Go to the barracks, get something to eat and drink.

((Probably best start this 'party' next turn, seeing how everybody is still doing stuff right now.

@ PW: how will you handle eating and sleeping on this mission? Will you keep track of those, and if so, will you tell us when we need to do either?))

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #12809 on: March 12, 2013, 03:11:13 pm »

((Idea: Maybe I could ask piecewise to give us the time every turn so that we may know when we should eat or sleep? Or maybe time will speed up after we start exploring and all those things become abstracted.))
Pages: 1 ... 852 853 [854] 855 856 ... 1256