Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 847 848 [849] 850 851 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3943160 times)

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Missions 9: Anyone got some bolts?
« Reply #12720 on: March 10, 2013, 10:11:14 pm »

To Miyamoto: "Well, I wanted to save you the trouble by checking it out beforehand. But if you want to take care of it yourself, that's fine by me."

To Simus: "I take it back then. Doesn't seem that cynical when you take it that way."

Take two notepads, if any are still around, and clear their memories. Then to my bed in the barracks and rest, unless somebody asks me to do something. Help Flint with the party if he asks me to.

((This mission has triple the organization the other missions had. It seems we're actually learning from experience.))
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #12721 on: March 10, 2013, 10:18:52 pm »

((You might want to see what's on those pads before you wipe them.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #12722 on: March 10, 2013, 10:30:21 pm »

(Is Lars gonna start worshipping Alvin?)

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12723 on: March 10, 2013, 10:32:19 pm »

((I wonder if we get subspace interwebs all the way out here?))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12724 on: March 10, 2013, 10:37:59 pm »

"The AI seems to only want to talk to the designated team leader. Hopefully, now that Miya has ordered it to talk to us, it will respond to verbal requests and notify us about things. Oh, and it's called Alvin, so I can see why Steve thinks it's inferior.

Anyway, Alvin just ran a self diagnostic for us and everything is running just fine. There's a blockage in the vents in the barracks and the morgue, but I'm going to fix those right now. Later, we can organise ourselves into how we are going to do our day trips on this forsaken rock and stuff like that."

Bishop turns to head back upstairs and says over his shoulder to the AI.

"Alvin, as chief engineer, please notify both me and the team leader if any complications come up in the base. I also want you to run a daily self diagnostic from now on and supply the results to me."

Head upstairs and shut the hatch to the AI and Life support once I'm upstairs again. Then check out the blockage in the barracks first, using Alvin to direct me if needed.

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12725 on: March 10, 2013, 11:03:06 pm »

((It's pretty heavily implied, if not explicitly stated that there is nothing interesting on those pads. And Vich honestly doesn't care about their personal issues now that they are dead.

And Zako, why do you keep saying that Alvin is inferior to Steve? It sounds like it should be obvious, but I am missing something.))
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #12726 on: March 10, 2013, 11:36:54 pm »

(Is Lars gonna start worshipping Alvin?)

((Don't rule anything out just yet.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12727 on: March 11, 2013, 12:52:18 am »

((Well, for a start, Steve said that Alvin is inferior when compared to him, and Steve doesn't lie as far as I know. He just doesn't tell us everything.

Also, there's the way that Alvin is reacting when compared to Steve. Just by seeing what he says and how strict he is means that he is less intelligent and advanced as Steve is, not to mention that Steve actually can talk like a normal human being as well as simulate human emotions and patterns to a realistic degree where as Alvin cannot or at the very least hasn't yet. Take it from someone who has studied AI in university, that sort of thing is really, REALLY complicated.))

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #12728 on: March 11, 2013, 01:27:40 am »

Anton sighs. "Somehow I feel that this is going to be one very long year."

Examine the mapping drones, how autonomous are they? Do they automatically explore an area around their release, automatically fly to an area to be explored, or are they manually guided?

Look at the rocket bikes. Do they have anything resembling autopilot? If not, do they have any computer-assist piloting system that'd allow an autopilot written for them?

Regardless of above, sit down and start tinkering with the datapad. Examine the code for the optical tracker program and try to determine what the cause of imperfect object detection is.
((Dynamic bonus go!))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12729 on: March 11, 2013, 02:04:45 am »

Lars smiled at his handiwork.  Blessed is he who labors hard for his divine lord.

He then hops on his wristpad and sends a message to the team leader.

Blessed Leader Miyamoto, Warden of Steve's Will,

I have ensured blessings upon the most vital base equipment.  What are your orders?

Your humble servant,
Brother Lars

"Well, you could always go check what is blocking that vent in the barracks, or go and check what those automapping drones are like. Or maybe help Flint with whatever he's planning, I'm sure he'd appreciate the help."

To Miyamoto: "Well, I wanted to save you the trouble by checking it out beforehand. But if you want to take care of it yourself, that's fine by me."

"Thanks for your trouble anyway."

((Sorry if it takes too long before we go exploring, but we still need to do some planning and the like before we really get going.))

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12730 on: March 11, 2013, 03:11:24 am »

((Um... I got all that already. It's just that from the way you were saying it, it seemed that you were discriminating against him based on his name. For example "It's called Alvin, so I can see why Steve thinks he is inferior." So I don't see how the name Alvin is inferior to Steve. I should have clarified that.))

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #12731 on: March 11, 2013, 03:29:19 am »

"I'm not doing anything useful at the moment if anyone needs me.

Go stand outside and  and gaze at the horizon. Look for anything...out of the ordinary.
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #12732 on: March 11, 2013, 04:01:32 am »

Go outside with my new stuff and activate video recorder and start exploring AWAY from the gravity crater and any craters for that matter anything that is hostile incinerate with microwave manipultor.
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12733 on: March 11, 2013, 06:27:43 am »

((Oh, then in that case I think that Alvin sounds more like a stuck up or overly intelligent name while Steve sounds all chill and stuff. :P))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #12734 on: March 11, 2013, 08:24:36 am »

@Everyone: "Attention teammates. I have been compiling a list of who is responsible for what, so that I know who can be allowed to take which equipment and who's permission he must have to take it.
So, I have noted down brother Lars, Michael Alexander (by the way, is the first name Michael or Alexander?) and Anton Cheronoz- Che-nro-roz- Anton Hardname as engineers and thus subordinates of Bishop while in the base.
I have noted Auron Kell and Zephyris... (Hmm I seem to have not noted a last name) as Medics and thus subordinates of Mesk while in the base. Try to keep us in one piece guys.
Now, Simus, I don't know who's good with science here, so you may want to choose your own subordinates, if any, but I've taken the liberty of assigning Morul Mirguke- Mi-gru-ker- Morul Hardername to you as a Scientist. I am certain that his talents will be of use to you.
And finally, I have created the position of Storeman for people under my command, but I do not expect any will be needed. However, if you want to volunteer for the position, I will be happy to accept you.
So, any suggestions? Everybody happy with their assignments? What do you think boss?"

((I've got to start locking that airlock. Already people have started wandering off on their own.

EDIT: Oh, and maybe the blockage in the barracks vent is from the boxes set on the wall? I guess we'll find out.))
« Last Edit: March 11, 2013, 10:02:59 am by Parisbre56 »
Pages: 1 ... 847 848 [849] 850 851 ... 1256