Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 846 847 [848] 849 850 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3940823 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Missions 9: Anyone got some bolts?
« Reply #12705 on: March 10, 2013, 04:16:28 pm »

((Uhhh piecewise you did swap my character out for the fleshtech one right?
I posted a revised sheet on thread and radio did mention it in his mission roster that i should be the medic and not the rifleman.))

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

search the base for the personal belongings of the previous crew,  steal some clothes and a datapad if found.
(Saw it, but since your stats were all the same I just assumed you were reminding me that you switched from the first guy to the second guy, not from the second to a third. Fixed it now.)

You search the barracks and grab an empty datapad. The only clothing you can find is HMRC regulars, the same stuff you're already wearing.

Help with activating computers in the CCR.

"Need Help?"

The computers are on. It's just using them to do specific things people might have problems with.
Head to the garage, make sure all of the vehicles are in working condition.
You double check he vehicles. None of them look damaged. Ok, maybe a few scratches in the paint where they were attached to the shuttles to bring them down, but other then that.
"Figures. Oh well, free rifle."

Grab a Gauss rifle, and two magazines. Head to garage, and see if there is any spraypaint.

You grab the rifle and ammo before going out to check on the garage. There is spraypaint, in several colors, as well as a supply of letter stencils to use with it.

Watch the people playing with the computers and hopefully learn a thing or two about using them. Also see which cameras show static (assuming they are labeled) and if there are any cameras showing something other than the surroundings of the base.
The feeds that are showing static have names for labels; C.Johnson, E.Obermyre, A.Inst-Kepler and the like. There are a few camera feeds from where other then just outside the base, but they all look local, probably perimeter cams.

((Yay free guns ))

Grab 1 laser rifle and a spare clip (for a total of two). Go and help the guy trying to work the projector after taking stock of the labs contents.

Well the lab has already been taken stock off, mainly just a specimen vault with a lot of empty sample containers and some minor equipment to aid in sorting. And the projector in the planning room is working fine, it's just that it doesn't have anything to project.
We got a couple of cameras around the base that appear to be non-functional, anyone mind checking them out?

If the camera feeds are labeled, direct any willing team members to the nonresponsive ones to ascertain their status.

Well, judging by the names posted in the corner of the feeds, they were probably the helmet cam feeds from the previous team. As per why they're not working; you're gonna assume that the cameras got crushed along with everything else in that crater.

"I can do that! ... I don't think I can fix them though."

Be directed to seemingly broken camera's. Check for visible damage or other obvious causes of malfunction. Don't fiddle with them though.

((Why is it that I feel kinda useless already when the mission has barely started :< ..

@ParisNotes: Zephy is supposed to be Medic/Conventional..or at least that's what I planned to do when I get a few more skillpoints.))
You decide not to go jump in the gravity seep. It's tempting, but nah.
((Sleep mode? My computer tends to enter hibernation relatively quickly, so I didn't think of that. But yeah, it makes sense.

Also, Parisbre, I assume you will be keeping track of the new information, right? Like the Armory contents, security screens and so on.))

Huh, a biometric lock. Makes sense all in all. He'd need to find out at some point how secure these things really are and how much they cost.

"Team Leader. I'm sorry, forgetting your name. I'm investigating the barracks right now, and I'm standing in front of a room labeled "Team Leader's Quarters." I was going to check it out, but it's got a biometric lock.
Can you get whatever artificial intelligence we have to open it for me so I can investigate it?
Or at least find out if it is directly connected to that lock? I wouldn't want this thing to be rendered unopenable if something goes wrong with our AI, but it's probably still wired to correspond to the previous Team Leader, if to anyone at all."

Enter the Room if Miyamoto gets the AI to open the door.

What are the capabilities of the datapads compared to the tablet AM gave me? How do they compare in power and momery to the wrist-pads we have?
The datapad you found here and the one the AM gave you are the same. They're more powerful and have a greater memory then the wristpads.
((Most of the amp people were set aside for the other mission.  Also, Lars is even in Aux and Handiwork, so Lars could do either in a pinch, as well as even in Speech and +1/3 in Cha.  Also, nice list.))

Lars smiled at Mesk even as he shooed him out.  Now the science labs...

Continue divine graffiti spree in the science lab.  Inscribe the Hexagon of Cog-azaon on the science equipment.
You start inscribing your holy markings all over the lab, on the label maker, the microscope, the scale, on a few hundred sample containers...

"Team Leader. I'm sorry, forgetting your name. I'm investigating the barracks right now, and I'm standing in front of a room labeled "Team Leader's Quarters." I was going to check it out, but it's got a biometric lock.
Can you get whatever artificial intelligence we have to open it for me so I can investigate it?
Or at least find out if it is directly connected to that lock? I wouldn't want this thing to be rendered unopenable if something goes wrong with our AI, but it's probably still wired to correspond to the previous Team Leader, if to anyone at all."

"We're working on the Ai as we speak. Once this is sorted out, I'll come daown and open it for you, kay?"

Give the computer my hand print, then assist Bishop in running the diagnostic on the AI. Then ask it again to give the base a full scan.
You give the computer your hand print and then set it into diagnostic mode. It hums away for a minute or two before coming back with the results.
NO ANOMALIES DETECTED IN EITHER PROGRAMING OR HARDWARE

"Could you run a scan of the base, see if there are any problems?"

Another minute quietly humming.

ALL SYSTEMS FUNCTIONING  WITHIN SAFETY LIMITS. THERE IS A BLOCKAGE IN BARRACKS VENT 1C. MORGUE COOLING IS FUNCTIONING SUB-OPTIMALLY AND ITEMS HAVE BEEN REMOVED FROM THE ARMORY.

"You're getting static on the cameras up there Simus? I'll go have a look, just direct me to where the cameras are placed and I'll take a look after we're done with the AI down here. Oh, and it seems like the AI is called Alvin, so I can guess why Steve would think it's inferior in name terms."

Ask my questions after Miyamoto is done dicking around with Alvin, then head back up and check out the malfunctioning cameras. Ask Alvin where the malfunctioning ones are if I can't locate them easily.
ALVIN continues to ignore you. Hmm, he seems to only want to talk to the Team Leader.

"Darn. Hardly anything to work with around here. I guess they either didn't expect to fight anything, or took the best gear with them."

Grab a Gauss Rifle and a pair of extra magazines, then go to the Vehicle Garage. Examine the stored vehicles and see if any one is obviously missing from the complement - i.e. one the previous team took to the crater. See if the tools are plenty enough to have spares of every variety, and if so find a carrying case and make a portable toolkit out of them.

((Even if Anton would best be left inside the base, being as prepared as possible to do his thing anywhere is a decent precaution.))
You grab a gauss rifle and the last of the spare magazines then head to the garage. It looks like there is an open spot over here, near the entrance that could have fit another vehicle, but it's impossible to tell if it ever did at one point. There aren't spares of any of the tools it looks like. There are different sized tools of the same type, screwdrivers, wrenches and the like, but no straight duplicates.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #12706 on: March 10, 2013, 04:20:25 pm »

Look for anything important on computers.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #12707 on: March 10, 2013, 04:25:26 pm »

The APs, as far as we know, are barren planetoids, wandering free from any gravity well at the least since we discovered them. Besides, the name I suggested for the planetoid has two possible translations, a quite cynical one and the one I was going for. It should translate to The Wastes of Time.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12708 on: March 10, 2013, 04:33:57 pm »

Go to the barracks and enter the Leader's quarters, look around and take stock.

"Alvin, I would like it if you also answered the questions of the other people that need you."

Send a message to Flint:
If you want to celebrate our arrival here, go ahead, just make sure it stays within limits. Anyone who has a hangover the next day will get latrine duty for a week.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #12709 on: March 10, 2013, 04:45:31 pm »

Send a message to Flint:
If you want to celebrate our arrival here, go ahead, just make sure it stays within limits. Anyone who has a hangover the next day will get latrine duty for a week.
"Yay! Party time!"
Quote from: Flint Westwood to Miyamoto de Bergerac
Don't worry boss. I'll keep it reasonable. And I am honored to accept the position of quarter master. I will make sure not to disappoint you.

EDIT: ((Assume that, as quartermaster, I have now taken a tour of most of the base and have IC knowledge of what's in there.))

EDIT: @Everybody: "Okay, you heard the man, everybody who has taken a gun or ammo needs to return it. I can't believe you managed to take all of the clips already."

"And, as my first act as quartermaster, I will be organizing a little welcoming party at the barracks. Feel free to join me and help me with the preparations."

Go to the kitchen and start taking some drinks (alcoholic and non-alcoholic) and nutrient packs to the barracks (not too many, don't want them to get drunk or waste stuff.). Also take some plates, cups and eating utensils. See if the food is MREs or something that needs cooking. Wonder if I can spike the cyborg's nutrient packs with alcohol to make them drunk. Open the TV to some kind of party music channel. Take my exosuit to the barracks and position it in front of the boxbench to make a table. Put the stuff I take from the kitchen on the exosuit. Find some extra empty boxes or sample containers to use as chairs. Generally prepare the barracks for party.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2013, 05:26:09 pm by Parisbre56 »

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #12710 on: March 10, 2013, 04:52:36 pm »

(I wonder if I'd even be affected by alcohol or drugs anymore?)

"Got it, O Glorious Leader.  Bishop, I've taken a second look through the garage and everything looks workable to my eyes.  I'm gonna head back to the infirmary and take more thorough stock, since it seems that's where I'll be spending the next year or so."
Head back to the medbay.  Make sure everything vital is quickly accessible and in good condition.  Make sure everything non-vital but important is accessible and in working condition.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12711 on: March 10, 2013, 04:58:16 pm »

((Sorry for reposting, but I edited my post juuust before PW updated, so there.))

Miyamoto then opens a comm channel to all the people on the mission: "Now that everyone is a bit settled in, I'm going to make some appointments.
Bishop, you'll be chief Engineer. you'll be responsible for keeping the base, and especially our vehicles, in working order. The Garage will be your turf.
Simus will be my second-in-command, so should I spontaneously combust, she will become expdition leader. She will also be our science officer, and as such the lab is her domain. So if you find a particularly interesting rock, you take it to her.
Next, Mesk will be our head medic, and the Medbay will be his responsibility. And I'm sure his days of experimental medicine are over, so if you get a papercut, don't hesitate to talk to him about it.
Finally, I will need a Quartermaster, who will be keeping stock of everything we have, and makes sure we don't run out of food a month before they come pick us up. This person will also be in charge of the Armory, and will handle dispensing weapons and ammo from it. Flint, do you think you're up for that?

Oh, and while I'm at it, if any of you took a weapon from the armory already, please go to Flint and give them back. No worries, you'll get them back once we start exploring, but I don't want some smuck to start hoarding ammo or weapons in the hopes of selling them back on ship later on."

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12712 on: March 10, 2013, 05:23:57 pm »

return to sensor array, try to alter scanning frequencies to detect gravimetric distortions.
If successful upload frequencies to mapping drones and program them to avoid entering these areas.

If unsuccessfull, go outside and look at the crater with my batvision.

((Such intense gravity should theoretically prevent me from mapping the crater due to it preventing my signals returning and just appear as a giant gaping hole in my map right?))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12713 on: March 10, 2013, 05:33:24 pm »

"Negative on the rifle. I like being prepared."

Grab a red can of paint, and head outside and stare at the crater. Use weirdvision to try and find something to distinguish gravity wells from normal gravity. Go down to the math if needed.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #12714 on: March 10, 2013, 05:40:07 pm »

(Remember that gravity wells are only the most obvious of the perils we'll be facing.)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #12715 on: March 10, 2013, 05:48:21 pm »

"Negative on the rifle. I like being prepared."
"Hey, come on now buddy. What are you afraid of? You think the rocks are going to attack us? Besides, even if there is something dangerous out there, I'm sure the AI will warn us about it long before it's here. At least return one of the clips so that each gauss rifle has a spare clip for it. No need to hog all the ammo."

"By the way, what is the AI's name? How come it hasn't talked to us?"

((Interestingly, I saw a horror movie once where there were some moon rocks that had eaten the first Soviet cosmonauts to land on the moon and some American astronauts were trying to escape them. It kind of sucked on everything else, but the director was pretty good and made it a little scary.

I just had a troubling thought. Since this thing has traveled across an unknown and unmonitored region of space, what if an alien or aliens hitched a ride on it?))

((Edited action post based on new data. Also edited my notes. Most of the data there can now be assumed to be IC knowledge for Flint.))

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12716 on: March 10, 2013, 05:55:43 pm »

"We are down here to learn as much as we can about this planetoid, and try not to die in the process. I want to be prepared for when shit goes south. Because it will go south, mark my words. And remember the last team? Did the AI warn them about the gravity well? Oh, and on the topic of aliums, who has first watch?"

(Remember that gravity wells are only the most obvious of the perils we'll be facing.)

((I know, but I may as well learn to recognize them now, as opposed to later when running away from something.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #12717 on: March 10, 2013, 06:04:57 pm »

"We are down here to learn as much as we can about this planetoid, and try not to die in the process. I want to be prepared for when shit goes south. Because it will go south, mark my words. And remember the last team? Did the AI warn them about the gravity well? Oh, and on the topic of aliums, who has first watch?"
"Well, being prepared is no reason to deny a teammate of yours a clip. So I'll be expecting you to at least return that clip. Don't make me come and take it myself." One extra clip for all, as it is fair. And less ammo for you means you'll be less prone to spray-and-pray firing. I need to think long-term, even for those subjects. I have a responsibility against the team now.

((I predict this mission will have more of the stupidity-induced hazards and anomalous environment hazards and less of the horrible alien hazards.))

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12718 on: March 10, 2013, 06:32:42 pm »

"Later. Gonna stare at this crater some."

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #12719 on: March 10, 2013, 09:49:07 pm »

Lars smiled at his handiwork.  Blessed is he who labors hard for his divine lord.

He then hops on his wristpad and sends a message to the team leader.

Blessed Leader Miyamoto, Warden of Steve's Will,

I have ensured blessings upon the most vital base equipment.  What are your orders?

Your humble servant,
Brother Lars
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 846 847 [848] 849 850 ... 1256