Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 829 830 [831] 832 833 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3939695 times)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 8: Nanomachines in your every orifice.
« Reply #12450 on: February 24, 2013, 04:13:31 pm »

Flint, there's probably no reward for getting that shuttle other than having your own way off, you know.
"I'm not doing it for the reward, you know. Not a physical reward anyway. Why do you even care? I didn't ask for any of you to stay. You've got your shuttle. Go! Only stay if you WANT to help me."

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12451 on: February 24, 2013, 04:23:09 pm »

"I'm not doing it for the reward, you know. Not a physical reward anyway. Why do you even care? I didn't ask for any of you to stay. You've got your shuttle. Go! Only stay if you WANT to help me."

"Make sure not to space-cowboy your way into some unfriendly mist there! Or any other incredibly perilous thing found in space travel that only a skilled pilot would have a chance of avoiding. All in all, don't die, buddy, and you'll probably be good. Happy trails, dude, and do not forget the Way of the Spoon!"

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #12452 on: February 24, 2013, 05:49:02 pm »

((Full-bodies don't use stasis, if I'm remembering correctly, right?))

(I don't think so, but I'm not entirely certain myself. I'm not sure what they do instead though, assuming our assumption is correct.)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #12453 on: February 24, 2013, 06:24:04 pm »

(I don't think so, but I'm not entirely certain myself. I'm not sure what they do instead though, assuming our assumption is correct.)

((I remember you just entering sleep mode during at least one shuttle ride.))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #12454 on: February 24, 2013, 08:55:34 pm »

"Attention, all HMRC units. This is James Kelly. We are departing ASAP. Failure to get to the shuttle within the next two minutes WILL result in being left behind. I'm not playing games here, people. We don't have time to fuck around before this goes pear-shaped. Jim out." The robot next hailed Mesk on a private line. "Get us ready to launch in two minutes. While I want as many of us to make it back as possible, most of the people I care about saving are on board. Let's hope the others have the same sense." He moved to beside the entrance and prepared to help everyone else board and get podded until lift-off.

"Ding ding, all aboard the Not dead train."

Receiving Jim's message, Mesk nods in agreement and addresses the entire group.
"Hey everybody who's not on the shuttle, Air Mesk is about to depart.  Get your luggage and asses back here in one minute, unless you don't mind that we're leaving you behind."
Initiate final preparations for launch.  Try to get in contact with Paracelsus' Sword while waiting for the laggers.
"Paracelsus' Sword, this is HMRC Shuttle Aught One... I think, don't know what the actual designation is, here... how do you read?"
"Fuel consumption nominal, Inter-atmosphere steering systems on, guidance systems..."

You whack the monitor with your helmet and a computer calculated path is overlaid on the camera feeds.

"...Functional. Gyros on and calibrated. Engine Gimbals..."

You twist your hands in the cuffs and the engines twist with them.

"...working. Alright guys, we're good to go here. Everyone get on board. I'll hover her and let Our Robot overlords get hold before we take off."

"Aye aye, James Kelly! Let's take this thing home!"

Podded get. Don't dawdle.
You become one of the Pod people.
"I just hope we don't get blown to bits when we try to leave. That and I hope we have enough fuel. If need be, when we are in Zero-G, I can just fly out and give us a push in the right direction and we'll just float to safety. Hopefully."

Help Jim get the others podded and keep an eye on the sharkmist.
You wait to see if Jim needs any help, but get ready to pod yourself as well.

Quote from: Parisbre56
link=topic=106279.msg4056037#msg4056037 date=1361706453
((I'm staying here until a)get this thing flying b)get this thing destroyed or c)the GM gets bored, because a)RP and b)assuming even a 10% finder's fee for the ship, that's a lot of tokens (that I am willing to split with anybody who helps ;) ).))

"You guys go ahead. We're flying luxury here."

Find a pre-flight checklist or do anything else that will give me a bonus in trying to fly or co-pilot this thing.

((I, for my part, am quite curious what kind of weapon - if it'll even be a weapon rather than, say, a defense/repair mechanism - will the Sword's scientists come up with based on amalgamating the sentient sand and the sharkmist. Replicating, molecularly restructuring, laser- and vibration- absorbing, self-propelled... gunge of some kind. Kinda like Flowstone, the Magic:The Gathering variety. :) ))
((You have something that can absorb all kinds of energy (so it can't be killed except by starving it), forms complex structures (so it can move) and hates and kills all organic and synthetic life. I think all everything in the universe will be threatened by such a union, if it were possible.))
Well, there's no manual or anything around here, but having a copilot might help, assuming they're not a complete idiot. Or there might be an auto pilot, or at least a pilot assist program.

Search for a way to safely secure Gilgamesh to the ship (inside or outside, preferably inside). Once he is safely secured, get podded.
If this proves impossible, stand in the middle of the ship and stretch the battlesuit's arms so that the suit is 'wedged' between the ceiling and the floor.

(By the way, I really don't have a lot of time lately, so repeat this action if I miss any updates, if possible.)

You don't have to get podded. You can just ride up in the suit. Thats how you came down, remember?

We'll just have you do that, eh?

Attach self to bottom of shuttle

Will do, just as soon as you can.

"Why can't any of these dead people have the common decency of having something of value. Really, the nerve..."

Get podded. dream.

You hop into one of the pods. You dream about sexy spoons.

Thomas walks over to May, taking her hand to walk her inside. Once inside, he drags her into a pod, then takes neighboring one.

You help may insert various tubes and things into her body.

And then you help her get podded.

You get podded too.

Dirty boy.

Simus assists Jim with getting the others into their pods as quickly as possible.

Flint, there's probably no reward for getting that shuttle other than having your own way off, you know.
Most of the time pods are for the sake of surviving long periods of high g acceleration or keeping injured people alive. Full-robots don't need to use them in most circumstances, but they do help kill time.

When you all take off is up to the pilot.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12455 on: February 24, 2013, 09:08:19 pm »

"If you're going with us, get the hell in now or stay! Jim, Mesk, if we need a shove in the right direction in space, wake me up and I'll give us a push!"

Into the pod and pray for a clean getaway.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #12456 on: February 24, 2013, 09:11:45 pm »

Wait for Yoink(whose character's name I forget) to wake up and activate the shuttle. If he doesn't wake, try force him to do it. If he still doesn't wake up or can't activate it, try to activate it myself.

((Come on good roll.))
« Last Edit: February 25, 2013, 06:49:09 am by Parisbre56 »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #12457 on: February 24, 2013, 09:39:35 pm »

Jim helped Bishop get podded. "Sure you want to stay behind, Flint? We're taking off in less than a minute," Jim said to him over coms. Once he had his reply, Jim waited to help pod anyone else getting aboard  - or if no one else was left, or if he finished quickly - then closed up the hatch leading into the shuttle and gave Mesk the all clear for takeoff.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #12458 on: February 24, 2013, 11:52:37 pm »

Launch as soon as Jim gives the word.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12459 on: February 25, 2013, 05:03:55 am »

"Hm... Oh, right, let me see."
Jobasio snapped out of his reverie and touched hands to the controls. He had been thinking of home, of his life before... And, of course, of freedom. He glanced sidelong at Flint. Was he some frothing-at-the-mouth UWM loyalist? Was he one of those madmen who volunteered for a short life in the HMRC? Or did he, too, long for an escape?

Jobasio looked back to the controls. He had very little idea what he was doing... But he figured he might as well try.
"Very well then, hopefully this works. I shall just pretend it is an industrial loader of some description."

>Attempt to activate the ship and begin an ascent.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12460 on: February 25, 2013, 05:52:23 am »

Quote from: Radio Controlled on February 24, 2013, 08:36:56 am
    Search for a way to safely secure Gilgamesh to the ship (inside or outside, preferably inside). Once he is safely secured, get podded.
    If this proves impossible, stand in the middle of the ship and stretch the battlesuit's arms so that the suit is 'wedged' between the ceiling and the floor.
    (By the way, I really don't have a lot of time lately, so repeat this action if I miss any updates, if possible.)
You don't have to get podded. You can just ride up in the suit. Thats how you came down, remember?

((Sure. I actually thought That Miyamoto was inside a stasis pod, and entered the suit once we were on-planet. But this works too, I guess.))

"Hey Flint, you sure you're not coming with us? Well, at least let me give you a hand then. Patch me through and I'll see if I can help."

Link up with Flint (put his video on the left side of my screen) and help him with getting that shuttle going.

(Remember to alter your action if you want me to help though.)

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #12461 on: February 25, 2013, 07:24:35 am »

"Very well then, hopefully this works. I shall just pretend it is an industrial loader of some description."
That wasn't very reassuring. But it's more than I know so...

@Miyamoto:"Thanks boss. You were always there for me." And now he was just going to leave them all behind?

Accept Miyamoto's help with copiloting the shuttle, activating the autopilot, activating the pilot assist or doing anything else that would help Jobasio fly the thing.

@Jobasio:"So, we have a choice now. Leave or return. What say you?"

« Last Edit: February 25, 2013, 08:42:39 am by Parisbre56 »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #12462 on: February 25, 2013, 01:39:40 pm »

"If you're going with us, get the hell in now or stay! Jim, Mesk, if we need a shove in the right direction in space, wake me up and I'll give us a push!"

Into the pod and pray for a clean getaway.
You get yourself podded.

Jim helped Bishop get podded. "Sure you want to stay behind, Flint? We're taking off in less than a minute," Jim said to him over coms. Once he had his reply, Jim waited to help pod anyone else getting aboard  - or if no one else was left, or if he finished quickly - then closed up the hatch leading into the shuttle and gave Mesk the all clear for takeoff.

With everyone except Flint and Jackinthebox podded you lock down the hatch and bang on the wall to the cockpit.

"Get us out of here, Mesk. And try not to fuck it up."

"Hm... Oh, right, let me see."
Jobasio snapped out of his reverie and touched hands to the controls. He had been thinking of home, of his life before... And, of course, of freedom. He glanced sidelong at Flint. Was he some frothing-at-the-mouth UWM loyalist? Was he one of those madmen who volunteered for a short life in the HMRC? Or did he, too, long for an escape?

Jobasio looked back to the controls. He had very little idea what he was doing... But he figured he might as well try.

>Attempt to activate the ship and begin an ascent.
Quote from: Radio Controlled on February 24, 2013, 08:36:56 am

((Sure. I actually thought That Miyamoto was inside a stasis pod, and entered the suit once we were on-planet. But this works too, I guess.))

"Hey Flint, you sure you're not coming with us? Well, at least let me give you a hand then. Patch me through and I'll see if I can help."

Link up with Flint (put his video on the left side of my screen) and help him with getting that shuttle going.

(Remember to alter your action if you want me to help though.)
That wasn't very reassuring. But it's more than I know so...

@Miyamoto:"Thanks boss. You were always there for me." And now he was just going to leave them all behind?

Accept Miyamoto's help with copiloting the shuttle, activating the autopilot, activating the pilot assist or doing anything else that would help Jobasio fly the thing.

@Jobasio:"So, we have a choice now. Leave or return. What say you?"

[miyamoto aux:4+1]
[Jackinthebox aux:1+1]
[Flint aux:2-1]

With Miyamoto's help Jack and Flint manage to get the monitors turned on and the ship's power activated, but thats all.

Launch as soon as Jim gives the word.

[aux:3+1+1]

"Please turn off all Cellphones, Gauss rifles, lasers, amps, Manipulators and miscellaneous alien death objects. Tonight's in flight movie will be "Bunkmates 6", staring Thomas and May. I don't know if you're receiving this, Steve, but I want a six foot trench dug around the entire ship, filled with gasoline..."

"I will break your spine through this wall, Don't think I won't."

"Ahem. Lift off."

You slowly increase the throttle and the ship shutters into the air. A moment later it shifts and jerks back down as Lukas and Miyamoto catch hold.

"Gonna need a double wide shuttle for these guys...Lay off the reconstituted cakefood you robot bastards!"

You pull the throttles back until the ship begins to ascend again. Outside, another Macromist spire tears straight through the roof of the colony. Your skin tingles as it joins it's indefinable presence to those of it's neighbors and their effect grows even greater.  You turn the ship around and push the engines to full, screaming up and away from the colony. As the forest of spires fades into a fuzzy gray mass and the planet shrinks in the rearview cameras, the communications systems begin to clear. You radio steve as you expend the last of the ship's fuel getting the shuttle into a stable, long range orbit around the planet.

"Come in, come in, Shuttle 01 in orbit around the planet. We are dead in the water, requesting pickup."

>I've already got a shuttle in route. I'm not picking up Flint and Jack's signal. Where are they?

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #12463 on: February 25, 2013, 01:51:23 pm »

(OK, I officially love the Buck Murdock reference. XD)

Jim activated his coms. "Steve, Jim here. Honestly I'm not sure why they elected to stay behind; the last I heard of them, they were investigating one of Command's shuttles instead of getting to this one. Also, several of us need to be in quarantine when we return. To be on the safe side, you might want to put all of us in it. I know for a fact that at least Milno and Faith were infected." He stopped sending and waited to hear back.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #12464 on: February 25, 2013, 01:53:31 pm »

"Oh thank God you're there.  Yeah, uh, what Jim said."
Transmit coordinates and wait for pickup.
Pages: 1 ... 829 830 [831] 832 833 ... 1256