Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 827 828 [829] 830 831 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3939434 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 8: Nanomachines in your every orifice.
« Reply #12420 on: February 24, 2013, 12:49:35 am »

"Everybody hurry up and get stasis'd.  I can fly us home once you're all buckled up."
Main screen turn on!  And the rest of the flight systems.  Then get even more acquainted with the controls until everybody's seatbelt is on.

[aux:2+1+1]
You get the monitor on and turn off the automated pilot. The ship shutters and finally comes to a rest. Status  windows start popping up on the monitor, dozens of tiny print messages.

"Looks like the ship is structurally sound, for the most part. Minor damage...should be fine. It burnt up a good bit of fuel flopping around, but it should be enough to get us off planet; can't vouch for after that. "

You twist your arms in the cuffs, getting a feel for the movement of the engines. They're stiff and finicky, almost over responsive, clearly designed more for computer control than manual, but you think you can handle it. You bop your head back and forth, getting the ship prepped for space.

" When you're ready, people."

((Maybe I should had just shot him in his razor arm. But then I would loose my lack-of-human-kills streak. Oh well, maybe they can at least fix his buddies back on ship.))

"NO!" exclaimed Flint as he run towards the dead man. DAMN IT! Why did he have to do that? I was so close. Maybe if I had been quicker, or asked the right things... He still didn't like anybody from the UWM but he didn't believe they deserved death. At least not like this.

Loot the dead guy's monorazor. Check to see if the ship has power. If it hasn't try to reactivate it. If there is power (or I manage to restore it) get the dead UWM people in stasis after anyone who wants to mess with them does so (yes, even the guy who took a razor to the knee head). If it seems like this ship could more easily carry our robotic overlords, tell them.

"The UWM ship is... clear of hostiles. Command just... committed suicide. Permanent suicide. Anybody wants to help me get this thing working again? It's computer might be still working since it's military grade."

You step over the corpse and pick up the razor before trying the control panel.
[aux:3-1]

You're not even sure how to turn this thing on...there are a lot of buttons here.

"This shuttle looks surprisingly clear and all. Not bad!"

Inspect three dead men. Who are they? What do they do? What is their likely parentage?
You start looking over the bodies. All of them are male, about the same height and build, an indistinguishable mutt of races with unremarkable faces. No identifying marks. No ID. No information. Wristpads are destroyed, seemingly from the inside out.  These weren't men, they were ghosts.

"Well then, this is nice and cozy"
inspect the corpses for cause of death. Loot their weapons/valuables
Cause of death on one is shooting, though you can't find the weapon anywhere. Other two are Monoatomic razor wounds; one self inflicted, the other hacked randomly but died of depressurization by  the look of it. They have nothing of value on them.

Jim gets Milno into stasis. If his fellow Bastard protests, Jim lays him out with a right hook. There's no time for arguing.

(Sorry, Cael, but seriously. The longer we fuck around the more likely it is we all die. This goes for all of you, as well. :P)

For the sake of you not smashing people's heads in..

You help milno out of his suit and into the pod. He's an absolute fucking mess; the suit has blood pooled in it's boots right up to the knees and tiny black shards of growing macromist have punctured his chest and are sprouting up all over his body, tearing their way out from inside. You lay him in the pod, limp and barely conscious without the suit keeping him up, an close the door.

"It's a good thing I've  got this body eh?" You say, looking at the row of your teammates in their pods, Feyri and Faith both dead, Milno with one foot in the grave. "One of us has to drag you all back."

"Oh my. Well. He made his choice."
Jobasio grimaced and stepped carefully through the assorted dead people and pools of blood, making his way to check the cockpit.
"Have you any idea how to fix this thing, or use it? The largest kind of ship I've piloted would be of the industrial crate-moving variety, I'm afraid."

>Check the UWM ship's cockpit. Does it still look functional?

>If so, try and figure out if I'd have a hope in hell of flying the thing with my +1 aux.

The cockpit looks undamaged, though it's pretty damn complex. This isn't some semi-interplanetary shuttle; this is an interstellar dragster. It's got long range coms, complex navigation systems, all the bells and whistles. You think you  might be able to handle it, but you have no experience with this sort of thing.

Brother Lars readies himself for a trip.

"Blessed are those who get when the getting is good.  Let us sojourn back to the light of Steve!"

Assist with Plan GTFO.
Assuming this means get in the shuttle.

You get in the shuttle and get yourself podded.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #12421 on: February 24, 2013, 01:41:38 am »

"Attention, all HMRC units. This is James Kelly. We are departing ASAP. Failure to get to the shuttle within the next two minutes WILL result in being left behind. I'm not playing games here, people. We don't have time to fuck around before this goes pear-shaped. Jim out." The robot next hailed Mesk on a private line. "Get us ready to launch in two minutes. While I want as many of us to make it back as possible, most of the people I care about saving are on board. Let's hope the others have the same sense." He moved to beside the entrance and prepared to help everyone else board and get podded until lift-off.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #12422 on: February 24, 2013, 01:43:59 am »

Receiving Jim's message, Mesk nods in agreement and addresses the entire group.
"Hey everybody who's not on the shuttle, Air Mesk is about to depart.  Get your luggage and asses back here in one minute, unless you don't mind that we're leaving you behind."
Initiate final preparations for launch.  Try to get in contact with Paracelsus' Sword while waiting for the laggers.
"Paracelsus' Sword, this is HMRC Shuttle Aught One... I think, don't know what the actual designation is, here... how do you read?"

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12423 on: February 24, 2013, 02:06:30 am »

"Aye aye, James Kelly! Let's take this thing home!"

Podded get. Don't dawdle.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12424 on: February 24, 2013, 02:21:46 am »

"I just hope we don't get blown to bits when we try to leave. That and I hope we have enough fuel. If need be, when we are in Zero-G, I can just fly out and give us a push in the right direction and we'll just float to safety. Hopefully."

Help Jim get the others podded and keep an eye on the sharkmist.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12425 on: February 24, 2013, 02:29:19 am »

((@SerCon: No problem with it. I did have to play Milno's stubborness and tendency of ignoring wounds in favor of making sure the bigger picture won't get worse. Now I just hope his body doesn't have to be mostly replaced or something, I like him organic.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #12426 on: February 24, 2013, 02:32:17 am »

((If his whole body will have to get replaced... will he throw a barbeque party?))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #12427 on: February 24, 2013, 02:33:12 am »

(Probably not since he won't be able to eat any. :P)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #12428 on: February 24, 2013, 06:25:42 am »

((I know I'm letting the doctor have full robotic reign with my body when I get back.))
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #12429 on: February 24, 2013, 06:30:57 am »

((I, for my part, am quite curious what kind of weapon - if it'll even be a weapon rather than, say, a defense/repair mechanism - will the Sword's scientists come up with based on amalgamating the sentient sand and the sharkmist. Replicating, molecularly restructuring, laser- and vibration- absorbing, self-propelled... gunge of some kind. Kinda like Flowstone, the Magic:The Gathering variety. :) ))
« Last Edit: February 24, 2013, 06:33:08 am by Sean Mirrsen »
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12430 on: February 24, 2013, 06:41:05 am »

((Personally, I'd like to see a concoction of sharkmist, crystals, Ivan's DNA, Ivan's armor and Von Nuemann sand as some sort of mixture you cover people with before watching them die as collateral damage from a multilateral alien war.))
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #12431 on: February 24, 2013, 06:47:33 am »

((I'm staying here until a)get this thing flying b)get this thing destroyed or c)the GM gets bored, because a)RP and b)assuming even a 10% finder's fee for the ship, that's a lot of tokens (that I am willing to split with anybody who helps ;) ).))

"You guys go ahead. We're flying luxury here."

Find a pre-flight checklist or do anything else that will give me a bonus in trying to fly or co-pilot this thing.

((I, for my part, am quite curious what kind of weapon - if it'll even be a weapon rather than, say, a defense/repair mechanism - will the Sword's scientists come up with based on amalgamating the sentient sand and the sharkmist. Replicating, molecularly restructuring, laser- and vibration- absorbing, self-propelled... gunge of some kind. Kinda like Flowstone, the Magic:The Gathering variety. :) ))
((You have something that can absorb all kinds of energy (so it can't be killed except by starving it), forms complex structures (so it can move) and hates and kills all organic and synthetic life. I think all everything in the universe will be threatened by such a union, if it were possible.))

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12432 on: February 24, 2013, 06:55:05 am »

((So basically the perfect construction material for any nutjob who wants to build an evangelion or similar homicidal biological weapon. I wonder what would happen if we injected Ivan with that stuff.))
« Last Edit: February 24, 2013, 06:59:07 am by Empiricist »
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12433 on: February 24, 2013, 08:36:56 am »

Search for a way to safely secure Gilgamesh to the ship (inside or outside, preferably inside). Once he is safely secured, get podded.
If this proves impossible, stand in the middle of the ship and stretch the battlesuit's arms so that the suit is 'wedged' between the ceiling and the floor.

(By the way, I really don't have a lot of time lately, so repeat this action if I miss any updates, if possible.)

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #12434 on: February 24, 2013, 08:57:07 am »

Attach self to bottom of shuttle
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.
Pages: 1 ... 827 828 [829] 830 831 ... 1256