Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 824 825 [826] 827 828 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3941453 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 8: On the highway out of Hell.
« Reply #12375 on: February 22, 2013, 06:16:17 pm »

"Nothing to see here. So, what's inside the command ship?"

Back to the area with both shuttles.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #12376 on: February 22, 2013, 06:16:44 pm »

auro-chisel
((you have a sonic chisel? that sounds awesome.))

((please don't hurt me))
((Damn it! I am truly blind. I must have read this post about 4 times, my spell checker had a bright red line under "auro", I even edited the post to fix another spelling error and every time I read it, I read auto-chisel.

Although having a tool that can do anything the plot demands would be kind of fun. Especially if I was a protagonist. Just got to stay away from those deadlock seals.

On another note, maybe someone should take Faith's mining exosuit and use the extra weight to help Jim hold down the shuttle.))

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12377 on: February 22, 2013, 06:31:31 pm »

Look around with the different vision modes. Scan the different shuttles and the surrounding area. Then, go on guard.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #12378 on: February 22, 2013, 06:40:18 pm »

[Team A Medic - Mesk]

Try to find and understand the front panel override thingy.

You walk over to the shuttle, still scooting around, and find the panel you think Steve was talking about. It's welded on though, so you're not opening it by hand.

"Take her and get on board, Stacy. Just in case I can't hold it forever," Jim said, indicating Feyri. "And if you see any way to stop it from fucking around while you're in there, that'd be nice," he added while he continued to hold the shuttle in place with his amp.
You stopped holding it already. It's not moving enough to be dangerous, just scooting about randomly. Besides, flipping and controlling it took a lot out of you. Not massive, but enough to hurt.

"It will be done, or my name isn't Stacy Buttle, and that would have made school much more bearable!"

Grab Feyri and go help Mesk. Nonviolently and hopefully without any horrible cocking up of absolutely everything. Pat Feyri's arm for good luck.
You take The body from Jim, though you think he could have held it a lot easier, giant arms and all, and walk over to Mesk.

"We need a tool to open this. And hopefully something precise; don't want to damage the electronics in there."

Brother Lars headed in with Mesk, and drew the Hexagon of Cog-azaon on the controls of the ship.  "O Cog-azaon, may you grant us understanding of the manual override!  We beseech and implore thee!  Grant your unworthy children a shred of your knowledge!"

Draw divine symbol and pray, and otherwise assist Mesk.
You scribble the symbol on the side of the ship and generally attempt to provide moral support while the other people do more...conventionally useful things.

"They died waiting for us. *sob*" said Flint, tears in his eyes.

Remind to myself why hitting myself (or anyone else) in the head with an auto-chisel is a bad idea. Try to see if there's any indication of what happened to those people in the APC and if possible help them. Else go to the UWM ship and carefully look around for info, living people or the cockpit.

The APC has been torn open and half gutted. The inside is empty; it must have been on it's way back to the team when it got hit.

The apc is empty. No one in it.

You head back to the UWM ship, and shove your way past the people already exploring. The way to the cockpit is fairly easy to find; the ship is pretty small.

There's someone there already. The third crew member. Standing there, staring off into space at the dark monitors. 

"Hey, guys at the panel, patch me through, maybe I can help. I have a knack for these things."

If someone patches me his video feed, try to talk him through the proces of regaining controle over our ship and cut the engines.

You get a nice feed of a blank panel that they can't get into.

"Nothing to see here. So, what's inside the command ship?"

Back to the area with both shuttles.
You zoom back over to the shuttle area, but you're starting to feel very tired. It's getting hard to breathe.

Look around with the different vision modes. Scan the different shuttles and the surrounding area. Then, go on guard.
Motion tracking shows the Macromist is moving at a high frequency. Heat shows the same as before, macromist slightly hot, an the two ships. Xray shows nothing, same with everything else. Nothing of note.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #12379 on: February 22, 2013, 06:42:17 pm »

Since he needs to take a mental break, Jim rips open the panel for the others (if possible), then retrieves Feyri and boards the shuttle so the technologically-inclined people can fool with it. He also checks on the status of stasis and whether or not it would be safe to put Feyri into it.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2013, 06:59:18 pm by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12380 on: February 22, 2013, 06:43:53 pm »

"The mist, it's vibrating. And it's kind of hot."
Thomas paused a moment.
"Uh, guys, how are we doing on that evacuation plan?"
Continue watching out for anything bad.

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #12381 on: February 22, 2013, 06:48:58 pm »

((I wouldn't feel so bad about being left to die if it weren't for the fact their are people who are doing nothing.
Also I know I'm whining but that's because I thought I was in the clear.))
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #12382 on: February 22, 2013, 06:50:48 pm »

(Hey, some of us are trying to fix the shuttle you're on. :P I'm only doing nothing because I can't use my Amps right now, and I'm only doing nothing if it's impossible to rip off the welded plate for the others.)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #12383 on: February 22, 2013, 06:54:33 pm »

((I'm glad your trying to fix the shuttle, but I'd rather at least be checked over seeing as i was in a state of cryogenic freezing before the shuttle was broken, as far as i know I'm already dead.))
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #12384 on: February 22, 2013, 06:58:42 pm »

(Hmm, good point. I'll add checking stasis to my action for the turn.)

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #12385 on: February 22, 2013, 07:07:50 pm »

Simus, hearing that the HMRC shuttle is righted, gets out of the UWM shuttle and boards the HMRC one, going up to the cockpit and considering how much explosive could be used to safely get the panel off without destroying what's within.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #12386 on: February 22, 2013, 07:08:42 pm »

The APC has been torn open and half gutted. The inside is empty; it must have been on it's way back to the team when it got hit.
((Ah, it's automated. I thought it had a driver.))

"I'm not falling for that again. You won't get a chance to do anything." whispered Flint to himself, paranoia (or wisdom, depending on how you look at it) filling him. No more diplomacy. Action first, words second.

Silently approach the man and try to restrain him. If I get spotted, run to the man and restrain him. If there is no other option, kill him by chisel (or anything else that won't damage the ship). When spotted, say via radio:"Do not try to fight. I'm doing this for your own good. Soon we'll be back on ship where they can help you."

((And the guy turns out to be either a)dead, and I was battling a corpse, b)fine, making the next turn really shocky and awkward for me or c)strapped onto a nuke.))

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12387 on: February 22, 2013, 07:17:38 pm »

Get onto the hmrc ship, then help out with regaining control of the ship. If the cockpit is too small, get out of Gilgamesh to work on the panel.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #12388 on: February 22, 2013, 07:32:02 pm »

((Ah, it's automated. I thought it had a driver.))

"I'm not falling for that again. You won't get a chance to do anything." whispered Flint to himself, paranoia (or wisdom, depending on how you look at it) filling him. No more diplomacy. Action first, words second.

Silently approach the man and try to restrain him. If I get spotted, run to the man and restrain him. If there is no other option, kill him by chisel (or anything else that won't damage the ship). When spotted, say via radio:"Do not try to fight. I'm doing this for your own good. Soon we'll be back on ship where they can help you."

((And the guy turns out to be either a)dead, and I was battling a corpse, b)fine, making the next turn really shocky and awkward for me or c)strapped onto a nuke.))

((D) Infested and about to pour nanomachines into your every orifice.))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #12389 on: February 22, 2013, 07:35:01 pm »

"Jim, take a break, I got this.  Simus, uh, explosives are probably a really bad idea."
Use the cutting torch to open a small hole in the panel, then get the monoatomic razor in there and widen the hole until the panel's off.  Then see what's inside and try to figure out what I'll need to do.
Pages: 1 ... 824 825 [826] 827 828 ... 1256