Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 823 824 [825] 826 827 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3941999 times)

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 8: On the highway out of Hell.
« Reply #12360 on: February 22, 2013, 02:58:21 pm »

((That was unfair, it was a healing slap, i thought she was just unconscious or something and then he disemboweled me!))
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12361 on: February 22, 2013, 03:00:01 pm »

((Now you know to never do that again, right?))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12362 on: February 22, 2013, 03:01:55 pm »

((Hey, it worked for Mesk!

...other than the 3-4 times he's had his spine snapped by a psychotic robot. That first one wasn't even related to doctoring, though.))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #12363 on: February 22, 2013, 03:07:49 pm »

((There seems to be a pattern of alternative medicine leading to teamkilling!))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #12364 on: February 22, 2013, 03:10:02 pm »

((Given explosive decompression, you may not have much choice.))

((I do believe that would actually preserve the tissue fairly well. The human body doesn't rip apart when suddenly decompressed, even with a limb missing, you probably would retain most of the flesh.))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #12365 on: February 22, 2013, 03:24:01 pm »

((According to this the human body isn't too adversely affected by vacuum exposure. And, she was flash frozen (Although that shouldn't had happened. Maybe because her blood boiled?), so tissue damage from water crystals should be minimal.))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #12366 on: February 22, 2013, 03:57:15 pm »

Jim attempts to flip that shit with his relevant Amp and then board it. If it doesn't work for whatever reason, he instead helps to flip it manually.

"Steve, are you there!? This is Jim! Tell the computer in the shuttle to stop firing its engines until we give the signal!" he said desperately over general coms, hoping the AI could hear him.

(Who's dead again, just Bruce? I know Feyri and Faith are with us unless they got teleported back. My point is, as shitty as it is to leave people behind, if it's only one person dead on the shuttle it might be worth abandoning it for the UWM ship.

Ninja'd >.>)

(And edited to assist Prosperus as well as leave off the UWM ship for the turn. We can probably wait one more.
[exo:3+1+1]

"Ok guys, stand back. I haven't tried something like this since that one time on Dagobah."

The ship lifts slowly, the engines still firing randomly despite your call to Steve; maybe it didn't get through, maybe his signal to the ship didn't get back, hard to tell. You get it turned, but the second it's not upside down the computer inside seems to panic, or whatever the computer equivalent is. It fires it's engines, trying to get itself righted and away from the ground.

You have to strain to keep it under control; thousands of pounds of thrust try to rip it out of your mental grip but you manage to get it down. It's engine are still twitching and firing randomly, hopping the shuttle about on it's landing struts. Another message comes in.

>>>>Man_#@(UAL((@)#()U*SD*(HS)($@000OVERrideeeeeeeee%%)@#(sHiPPPWEWEF*(*#FRonT@#@PANPANPANEL.

"Gee, do you think the command ship has a lethal trap in it or one that merely turns us into thoughtless zombies in service of the sharkmist? 'Cause there's no way it's clear. Best case scenario: Command's there and they shoot us in the face without a second thought. Worst case scenario: it, like many other of the finer things in life, is trapped with a 1/8th or more kiloton bomb."

Give moral support to Jim as he tries to flip the shuttle over.

"Come on, dude! You can do it! You can do anything you put your mind to! Literally, unlike most people!"
"Lets go Jimbo, lets go! Don't fuck up and kill us all!"

If someone wants to come with me go inside the UWM ship and start exploring, slowly and carefuly. Else, go back to the APC, see if there's anybody inside I can help or loot. Oh and if the team for some reason manages to fix the shuttle in one turn get to the shuttle.
You head back to the apc. Fighting off the urge to beat your own head with the auto-chisel one moment and holding back tears the next. The APC has been torn open and half gutted. The inside is empty; it must have been on it's way back to the team when it got hit.

Scan surroundings with heat vision, then help out with the flipping of the shuttle if Jim fails. Try to connect wirelessly to our shuttle and check if there is structural damage.
Your heat vision picks up traces of heat from the macromist structures; flares from the shuttle's engines and an ambient glow from both the shuttle and the UWM ship. Other then that, nothing. Connecting to the ship wirelessly proves impossible. Not only is it's signal coded, but the macromist is causing so much distortion that you have to stand within feet of it just to catch an ungarbled signal.

As per structural damage to the ship, it's hard to tell. There's nothing blatantly obvious, no crushed wings or torn off engines or electronic viscera spilled out, but flipping and grinding around like it did could very well have made it inoperable.

"Guys, what do we do about the UWM ship? Do we check it out or leave it?"

Stay on guard and have a look overhead to see if there's some kind of machinery that could help with righting the shuttle.
The only machinery you need is a Jim.

"O Pathmas, be generally in our favor as we escape this planet!  O Cog-azaon, grant our teammates the knowledge to successfully escape!  O Steve, may you speed our return to your light!"

Pray and be generally helpful.  Did I check the sample?
The sample isn't doing anything. Well, it's sitting, but thats all it's doing.

"Ugh, well, I for one am not hanging around out here. Back me up or take your chances out here, it's your choice," Having regained his composure, Jobasio spoke in an even tone as he strode swiftly towards the seemingly intact Command ship, gauss rifle held to his shoulder and ready to aim at a moment's notice, "But I would not recommend lingering out here."

>Head cautiously into the UWN ship, rifle at the ready.

>Be ready to shoot anything that looks unfriendly.

>Try not to wee myself anymore. Try not to look like I'm about to wee myself anymore, either.

You walk up to the UWM ship and climb inside. It's cramped, like you remember, but there's a lot more blood this time. One of the Three UWM Men is laying over against the wall, shot repeatedly. You can see a pair of legs laying around the corner up ahead, a bloody streak leading up to them.

"Uh...we've got problems here guys."

"Great."

Depending on how far away the flipped APC is, try to fly a bit higher and see if anything has changed. Help flip the shuttle back into place if it comes down to physical force.
You have the rockets drag you over to the APC along with Flint. You see the same, that is to say, Nothing.

I'm going to help investigate the UWM shuttle, if it comes to it, I'll probably be more help on there than out here.

Pull the detonator out of the blob of explosive, pull out a civilian rifle (for what good it'll do), and back up Jobasio.
You catch up with Jabasio and point your rifle at one of the corpses.

"I know how this works. You're gonna get up and there's gonna be an orchestra sting."

Help Jobasio out.
You stick with the group heading to the UWM ship.

"Somehow this ship makes me think of a...walking...fish?" "what?"

scan surroundings by good old fashion looking at it. then lighten the mood by doing some mad flips with my severed leg.

Nothing much to see around here. Besides the alien landscape of macromist structures, the two space ships, the half dozen criminals, and other mundane sights.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12367 on: February 22, 2013, 04:01:30 pm »

"Go, Jim, go! I am at your service, you divine creature, you!"

Do whatever Jim deems necessary for me to do! Default to cheerleading if sadly lacking in instructions.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2013, 04:22:18 pm by Harry Baldman »

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #12368 on: February 22, 2013, 04:09:57 pm »

[Team A Medic - Mesk]

Try to find and understand the front panel override thingy.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #12369 on: February 22, 2013, 04:16:13 pm »

"Take her and get on board, Stacy. Just in case I can't hold it forever," Jim said, indicating Feyri. "And if you see any way to stop it from fucking around while you're in there, that'd be nice," he added while he continued to hold the shuttle in place with his amp.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12370 on: February 22, 2013, 04:23:56 pm »

"It will be done, or my name isn't Stacy Buttle, and that would have made school much more bearable!"

Grab Feyri and go help Mesk. Nonviolently and hopefully without any horrible cocking up of absolutely everything. Pat Feyri's arm for good luck.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #12371 on: February 22, 2013, 04:34:23 pm »

Brother Lars headed in with Mesk, and drew the Hexagon of Cog-azaon on the controls of the ship.  "O Cog-azaon, may you grant us understanding of the manual override!  We beseech and implore thee!  Grant your unworthy children a shred of your knowledge!"

Draw divine symbol and pray, and otherwise assist Mesk.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #12372 on: February 22, 2013, 04:49:51 pm »

"They died waiting for us. *sob*" said Flint, tears in his eyes.

Remind to myself why hitting myself (or anyone else) in the head with an auto-chisel is a bad idea. Try to see if there's any indication of what happened to those people in the APC and if possible help them. Else go to the UWM ship and carefully look around for info, living people or the cockpit.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2013, 06:17:57 pm by Parisbre56 »

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12373 on: February 22, 2013, 05:40:07 pm »

"Hey, guys at the panel, patch me through, maybe I can help. I have a knack for these things."

If someone patches me his video feed, try to talk him through the proces of regaining controle over our ship and cut the engines.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12374 on: February 22, 2013, 06:00:49 pm »

auro-chisel
((you have a sonic chisel? that sounds awesome.))

((please don't hurt me))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))
Pages: 1 ... 823 824 [825] 826 827 ... 1256