Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 797 798 [799] 800 801 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3939287 times)

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 8: Worst bombsquad in the galaxy
« Reply #11970 on: February 06, 2013, 08:48:44 pm »

((Robo parts D:))

((Says the lady trapped in purgatory :P))
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #11971 on: February 06, 2013, 09:02:30 pm »

((Robo parts D:))

((Says the lady trapped in purgatory :P))
((We're both saying that XD

Also...yay. Robo parts :/))

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #11972 on: February 06, 2013, 09:05:25 pm »

(You won't have many more robo parts than you already do. Like Pyro said, it was a clean cut, not a vaporization. I'm pretty sure you can be stitched together.)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #11973 on: February 06, 2013, 09:42:10 pm »

((Two words: Duct tape.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11974 on: February 06, 2013, 11:16:03 pm »

((So, PW, where exactly is Jobasio? With the main group getting shot to pieces? Have I been following silently along like a lemon this whole time? Just asking, since I want to get back into this and post actions again now that I have time. :) ))

Jobasio stared with horrified fascination as the eerily silent laser fire sliced his comrades into chunks of meat, his back pressed against the wall as he clutched his rifle for reassurance. Only once it was over did he drop quickly to his knees, finding a clear spot on the floor and lying down with his rifle sighted towards the doorway.

"You know," He murmured once he'd regained his composure, keeping an eye out for any hostile movement ahead, "I had an idea for a sort of... shield, that could have come in quite handy in this situation. Locks over the front of a rifle, has a thick, clear section allowing the user to aim, completely conceals the prone body leaving only the rifle's barrel exposed..."

He trailed off, ceasing his babbling and forcing himself to focus on the doorway rather than the grotesque sight of his comrades.

>Go prone in the hallway, take aim on the door and cover the team as they retrieve the dead/wounded.

>Shoot any non-HMRC figures I see, after giving the team warning to get out of the way, naturally.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11975 on: February 06, 2013, 11:20:10 pm »

((I'm suprised that I didn't loose more than just an arm... I'm suddenly VERY HAPPY that I bought a MkIII... Hopefully the doctors can reattach my heavily invested arm back on and my regen can take care of the rest from there...

Also, I forgot that we were in vaccum, which means our speakers won't work here... Feeling kinda guilty about that...))

Bishop looks at the others, then at his missing arm, then at the blasted suit and back to the group again.

"...Well, that could have gone better. Still, if we can get her brain back on board in an hour, she'll be fine. Just gotta get those iris' open and we're good."

He takes a moment to look over the carnage before turning back.

"Well, if they can't hear us speaking then we might as well just kill anyone with a weapon or try using sign language. I know which one is easier and safer though, especially with me missing an arm now..."

Pick my arm up again and see how bad the wound is and how much was taken off by the laser. Then put it in my pack and check down the corridor for more trouble, staying in cover as much as possible or at least ready to dodge if there is no cover. Tap on the walls and floor with Feyri's shield to test if it's safe to walk on first though and drag someone with me too, just in case. MAKE SURE TO RETURN THE SHIELD!
« Last Edit: February 07, 2013, 12:34:48 am by Zako »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #11976 on: February 06, 2013, 11:26:37 pm »

Jim snarls at Bishop the second he gets near Feyri's stuff, his emoticon flashing into life as angry red and black static. "Touch anything of hers and I will hurt you. This is the only warning you get."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11977 on: February 06, 2013, 11:36:30 pm »

"Relax Jim, I'm only using it to test the stuff that the corridor is made out of, right here next to the elevator, and then you can have it again. It's not like I can use it anyway, see?" He waves his stump for emphasis.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #11978 on: February 06, 2013, 11:41:05 pm »

Jim continued to stare at Bishop distrustfully for an uncomfortably long time, before the static finally subsided into a single blue line and faded out again. "...She'd probably let you borrow it if you asked her. She's a very generous person like that... so I'll let you have it for now. But you'd better not lose it or get it destroyed." He nudged the shield over to Bishop with his good leg and continued to sit by Feyri.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11979 on: February 07, 2013, 12:19:43 am »

Milno stared at the path ahead of them before opening up a private channel with Jim.
"Jim, after we get done with this mission, no matter how many tokens we get, I'm giving some of mine to help Feyri get a better suit."

"A MkII just wouldn't cut it" Milno continued. "Since she likes to move ahead of us, she should get a battlesuit, but I doubt it's her style. We should force at least a MkIII on her and get some extra armor and a very damn good shield to go with it." He knew Jim probably wanted Feyri alive even more than he did, and the powersliding female merc was one of the few members of the group who had been with him for a good amount of time as well as one of the Bastards. He would not let her just keep dying so easily.

"She likes to help people but I don't know if she'd like to be given anything for free, especially from the guy who isn't her boyfriend. We should let her spend the tokens she gets in this mission on the purchase and any tokens I contribute to the project you can just say it was stuff you had beforehand." Milno keeps explaining quickly. "She's brave and wants to be helpful, so we'll help her get where she wants."
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11980 on: February 07, 2013, 12:34:21 am »

Bishop nodded his thanks as he picked up the shield. "If something happens to it because of me, I'll MAKE her a better shield or at the least pay to replace it. Don't worry, we'll hurry so she can get into stasis in time, even if I kick everyone's asses there and back again."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #11981 on: February 07, 2013, 12:35:45 am »

"...We'll see about it. I'm... not her boyfriend, either, you know." Jim's reply to Milno was short merely because he just wasn't in the mood to talk right now. To Bishop, he merely shrugged indifferently. Not much of a boyfriend in any case. The one time I'm slow on the draw is the one time she was with me and she got killed, because I didn't kill that miner first or try to stop her or even shield her. He opened a different channel, one to Mesk and Simus. "...You two are smart enough and good enough that you don't need me to lead you, and I'm not fit for it right now. Just... be careful when you continue on."

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #11982 on: February 07, 2013, 02:01:25 am »

"...Okay.  Take care of yourself and Feyri, Jim.  We'll be alright, and see you later."

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #11983 on: February 07, 2013, 03:20:15 am »

((Wait is Feyri permanently dead or just regular dead? It's hard to tell whether the flash freeze means brain damage or "normal" death.))

She'll be fine. As long as no one uses her as a skateboard.

Name:Flint - Team C - Mining area, Entrance

Oh great robopope. This isn't real. It can't be happening. He looked down at himself. Two arms, two legs... I'm still alive! He wouldn't remain that happy for long. "Damn it, Feyri. Why must you always go first? Didn't you learn anything when your shield got broken? Damn." said Flint as he got up and saw what had happened to his teammates. Luckily her head was still intact, so the doctors should be able to put her back together if they brought her parts back. "And you! You fucker!" he said turning towards the dead Miner. "We come here to help you and this is the treatment we get? Huh?" He punctuated that last word with a kick to the miner. From now on, no more Mr. Nice Guy, no more diplomacy. Shoot on sight.

Follow Miyamoto, looking around for any more enemies or equipment or passages or info. Have laser and shield at the ready. EDIT: Check my exosuit, the miners' exosuit and the miner for any communications equipment. If nobody has moved all of Feyri's parts to the elevator, do it.

After a while had passed and everyone was calmer he said "Thank you guys. You saved my ass. Good work. Anyone can do anything for Feyri? Better get her out of that... thing, because you know... it eats stuff."
((Holy crap, he just damaged my paint job. That bastard.

Oh, and Feyri is dead. That sucks too.  :( ))

Once the gash has cooled, go forward, scan around with heat vision. Don't go to far, only secure the perimeter. Also run diagnostic (visually and with the suit's systems) to see how much damage Gilgamesh has sustained.

Lucas action: Same action, back Gilgamesh up.

'SHIT, Goddamnit. Frak frak frak. And just when I thought our team would make it out without any casualties. Sorry Feyri...' Miyamoto thought.

"Someone check up on those wounded. Flint, Stacy or Pancaek, you take care of her body. Be sure to take all of her... pieces and put them on the elevator, maybe they can put her back together again on ship."
Flint and Miyamoto, badasses that they are, completely ignore the still mildly warm body of their fallen teammate and wander into the sharkhaze tunnel. They get about 10 feet down it before miyamoto stops. He tilts his head and looks around.

"Whatsup boss?" Flint asks, starting to lean on the wall and then thinking better of it.

"I thought I heard something."

"But we're in vacuum."

"I know."

"Well, what did you hear?"

"I don't know. I just...think I heard something."

"they killed the chief, they...they..." "they did, wanna know what I think of that?" "I think  I know" "Time for mercy is over"

"Goddman bastards got the chief, they frakking got...-" His voice trails away for a second, no-one could see his angered face underneath the helmet "-I vote for no more diplomatic talk, no more mercy, we find any more of them, any camps, we burn it to the frakking ground"

"if only we hadn't done got fucked up my leg" "we might've taken point instead of the chief..."

Drag the chief's body on the elevator

"Holy shit, that's bad. Poor... uh... yes. Poor her. Nobody deserves an answer to honest diplomacy like that."

Ceremoniously (and respectfully) carry Feyri's top half to the elevator. Whisper to it:

"Sweet death-dreams, lady. You'll be up soon enough, no worries."

To everyone: "Guys, I have to agree with the Spoonmeister here. We see anyone armed that isn't us, we should shoot them in the head or turn their brains to exploding melty goo. Immediately. If they're here, they can't be up to anything good anyway. Or be particularly sane, for that matter. Better a hundred of them dead than one of us."
"WONDER TWIN POWERS ACTIVATE!"

"FORM OF: A CORPSE CARRIER!"

"SHAPE OF:GARBAGE DISPOSAL MAN!"

Hairy Pancake Drags the pieces of feyri to the elevator and stacks them up in a neat pile.

"THE DAY IS SAVED!"

Brother Lars peeks back out.

"O Feyri, you were a kind and gentle soul, always ready to lend an ear and a kind word.  May you find peace with Steve's eternal computer-god glow!"

Perform last rites.  Study situation.
"Ashes to ashes, dust to dust, the Veins in jim's brain are about to bust."

Hmm. Situation is as follows:
Teammates: Mangled.
Way forward: Scary
Way back: Sealed
Pants: soiled.

Damnatorum locum, jetzt sind wir mehrere aus oder bald aus sein. Cur ego habere calamitas opus pro Subach-Innis? Und warum das HMRC für jemanden, der sich selbst riskiert und verloren ziemlich um andere zu retten?

She'll be fine once we get her back to the ship. Actually, being flash-frozen might actually be beneficial to her, it'll preserve her brain longer.

Examine mangled leg.

((In the leg... again. Last mission, by legs get busted. This mission, a leg is now busted. Wait, did you hide the Will roll, or did the phase armor just not work?))

A LGG USF KHWSC AF OSQK LZSL GLZWJK HJGTSTDQ OGF'L MFVWJKLSFV. AL'K XSAJDQ WSKQ, WKHWUASDDQ OZWF A ZSNW S AFLWJFWL TSKWV YWFWJSLGJ LG VG AL XGJ EW.

QGMJ DWY YGL UML AF ZSDX TQ LZW OSQ, FGL LZSL QGM USF KWW LZSL OALZ LZSL SJEGJ GF LZGMYZ.

If Jim still had a human body, he would have been shaking with rage. "SHUT THE FUCK UP, Lars. She's not dead. They can fix her. They WILL fix her." He looked at the rest of the HMRC, especially the newer members. Milno presumably didn't need to be told this. "You fuckers get it now? Do you fucking understand why my policy is always shoot first in hostile situations? This is why. This bullshit is why. Every fucking thing I've done - on this mission, on the ship, on every mission I've done yet - has been to make sure as many of us make it out alive as I possibly fucking can!" He mentally grit his teeth and covered what was left of his face with a hand, deactivating his holographic expression. He just felt tired and wanted to be alone.

"...Fuck it. Just... just go on ahead. I'm just going to stay here on the elevator and make sure nothing worse happens to her," he said, making sure that both halves of her body and all of her equipment was safe on the elevator.

All your girlfriends bodyparts are accounted for captain. There's a phrase I haven't said in a while.

[Team B Leader=Milno]

Milno rose, staring at the resulting mess with an expression that quickly changed from neutral to snarling contempt. "Jim is right. She'll be brought back, but we can't afford to take our sweet time anymoe. B team, shoot to kill at all times from now on."

"If there's a need to stop firing, I can think about if we still haven't reduced everything to bite-sized chunks by then. If I'm incapacitated, someone can drag me to the elevator too."

Prepare to advance after the team regroups.
Spoiler: B Team (click to show/hide)

Well, Mr.roboto is having hallucinations and everyone else is just standing around so...you're just gonna chill here for a bit.
[Team A Medic - Mesk]

"...ohshitohshitohshitohshit..."
Look around, see who needs medical attention first, and get that dynamic bonus going.  Triage and diagnosis tiem!
Actually, the only one around here who looks to need medical attention is feyri. And you think she may be beyond your powers as a doctor to heal. I mean, you could try and kick her till she gets better, but you have a feeling that Jim might dislike that.

And when Jim dislikes things your spine tends to end up broken.

[Team A Medic - Mesk]

"...ohshitohshitohshitohshit..."
Look around, see who needs medical attention first, and get that dynamic bonus going.  Triage and diagnosis tiem!

Also do this, with the Emergency Kit.

Ditto for you, man-lady.

((So, PW, where exactly is Jobasio? With the main group getting shot to pieces? Have I been following silently along like a lemon this whole time? Just asking, since I want to get back into this and post actions again now that I have time. :) ))

Jobasio stared with horrified fascination as the eerily silent laser fire sliced his comrades into chunks of meat, his back pressed against the wall as he clutched his rifle for reassurance. Only once it was over did he drop quickly to his knees, finding a clear spot on the floor and lying down with his rifle sighted towards the doorway.

"You know," He murmured once he'd regained his composure, keeping an eye out for any hostile movement ahead, "I had an idea for a sort of... shield, that could have come in quite handy in this situation. Locks over the front of a rifle, has a thick, clear section allowing the user to aim, completely conceals the prone body leaving only the rifle's barrel exposed..."

He trailed off, ceasing his babbling and forcing himself to focus on the doorway rather than the grotesque sight of his comrades.

>Go prone in the hallway, take aim on the door and cover the team as they retrieve the dead/wounded.

>Shoot any non-HMRC figures I see, after giving the team warning to get out of the way, naturally.
(You've been tagging along, as per normal)

You flop down on the ground and cover the hallway as everyone else kinda mills around in a lackadaisical fashion.

((I'm suprised that I didn't loose more than just an arm... I'm suddenly VERY HAPPY that I bought a MkIII... Hopefully the doctors can reattach my heavily invested arm back on and my regen can take care of the rest from there...

Also, I forgot that we were in vaccum, which means our speakers won't work here... Feeling kinda guilty about that...))

Bishop looks at the others, then at his missing arm, then at the blasted suit and back to the group again.

"...Well, that could have gone better. Still, if we can get her brain back on board in an hour, she'll be fine. Just gotta get those iris' open and we're good."

He takes a moment to look over the carnage before turning back.

"Well, if they can't hear us speaking then we might as well just kill anyone with a weapon or try using sign language. I know which one is easier and safer though, especially with me missing an arm now..."

Pick my arm up again and see how bad the wound is and how much was taken off by the laser. Then put it in my pack and check down the corridor for more trouble, staying in cover as much as possible or at least ready to dodge if there is no cover. Tap on the walls and floor with Feyri's shield to test if it's safe to walk on first though and drag someone with me too, just in case. MAKE SURE TO RETURN THE SHIELD!

You grab your arm and wave to yourself for a few seconds, giggling. The wound doesn't look bad, looks really clean actually. Should be able to be reattached easily.

As per that hallway, those two guys in there have proven that it's safe to walk on, structurally at least. However the fact that one of them is suddenly experiencing auditory hallucinations makes you a bit hesitant to actually enter.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #11984 on: February 07, 2013, 03:32:57 am »

V GBB PNA FCRNX VA JNLF GUNG BGUREF CEBONOYL JBA'G HAQREFGNAQ VG'F SNVEYL RNFL RFCRPVNYYL JURA V UNIR N VAGREARG ONFRQ TRARENGBE GB QB VG SBE ZR LBHE YRT TBG PHG VA UNYS OL GUR JNL ABG GUNG LBH PNA FRR GUNG JVGU GUNG NEZBE BA GUBHTU
(Solved and re-encoded just because.)

[Team A Medic - Mesk]

"So uh, Team A will be the uh, rear guard on this level.  Yeah."
Follow the main group, close enough to see and assist them but far enough away that running away is a very viable option.
Pages: 1 ... 797 798 [799] 800 801 ... 1256