Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 792 793 [794] 795 796 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3940666 times)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 8: Worst bombsquad in the galaxy
« Reply #11895 on: February 04, 2013, 07:49:33 am »

Name:Flint/Deeper Scum - Team C - Main Elevator

@Miyamoto: "Hey, boss, how about I stay in the front with you? If we meet any miners I might be able to persuade them to not kill us. You know, since everyone else we've met so far have tried to kill us on sight."

If the place is dark, first look in my exosuit for any visibility enhancing modules (lamps or amps) and activate them. If there aren't any, activate the amps in my MK1. Go to the door and slowly try to open it. If it is locked, chisel a handle for Miyamoto.

((I also just noticed that command made a small spelling error on the first level map: Hanger instead of hangar. Or maybe it wasn't a spelling error because ships were hanging from the ceiling or maybe someone hanged himself in there.))
« Last Edit: February 04, 2013, 07:53:54 am by Parisbre56 »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #11896 on: February 04, 2013, 09:25:07 am »

Jim checks Feyri for suit damage, then checks out Milno to see if he can make a guesstimate of how much time the fellow Bastard has left. He also activates light amps/lamps as necessary.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #11897 on: February 04, 2013, 09:34:15 am »

((So I don't get an action of aesthetic music in the elevator? Ok...

Also...didn't know we can all collect samples. Darn'it Faith!))

Team C ; Feyri Nirel - Armored Mercenary - Mining Zone Entry: Main Elevator.

"Guys, don't pull open that door if we can't handle it. Someone, check the stability of our elevator in relation to the...err, ballasts that hold it? Are we in a stable enough position?

"Those who can't patch up, form a double line, we're providing cover fire when these doors go down. Those with flamethrowers or heating amps, be ready to warm up the edges of the doors if they're to be broken, or at least the atmosphere in front of us.

"This seems to be it. And hah! I won that bet! Too bad it's personal..."

Light Amps//Lamps on, depending on which is better.

Begin finding a suitable position to provide supporting fire when the door gets breached.

Ready Tesla-

"Err, wait. The elevator is made of metal right?" Feyri said as her fingers touched the handle. "Just checking."

Ready shield and Laser Rifle [Gauss rifle instead if the Laser Rifle is hilariously still with Thomas//Spinal_Taper's character.] instead.

She then looked at Faith. "Could you...check on the wounded? Milno and Jim, please...The former for a prognosis of his status and the latter for any cracks in the cranial shell, please."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #11898 on: February 04, 2013, 09:50:35 am »

Jim tapped the side of his head. "Yeah, that's pretty much gone up here. But my chest is fine; the weapons those doctors had couldn't crack this exterior."

(That leads me to a good question: is the synthflesh body actually as durable as the standard robot platform?)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11899 on: February 04, 2013, 10:04:21 am »

(That leads me to a good question: is the synthflesh body actually as durable as the standard robot platform?)

((I do believe it is far more durable, or at least that's what most tests in VR would have us believe. For instance, when Bishop tested the bola launcher:

Test on the same robotics as last time, as well as on a mk III suit and a battle suit. Look up how much chemicals are required for the creation of Neo-Therm and take a small amount of the live stuff and put in inside a mk III suit and a battle suit, and look at what happens. Test it also on Synth-Flesh and check the results, but always use a small amount.

You test your new bolo's out on the robotic bodies from before as well as a Mk III suit and a battle  suit. The standard robot body stands no chance, but the synth-flesh body deals with it somewhat better. It manages to cut quite deep before the mass of crystallizing fluids finally puts too much stress on the filaments and snaps them. If you wrapped it around an arm or leg or neck, it would severed it. You catch the battle armor around one arm and the bolo cuts through the main armor plating before the man in the suit things to smash the bolo ball.  The Mk III suit doesn't stand a chance.

Then again, unlike with the normal robot body, it might get a bit expensive to perform repairs on it.))
« Last Edit: February 04, 2013, 10:08:39 am by Harry Baldman »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #11900 on: February 04, 2013, 10:08:39 am »

(I see. You'll forgive me for completely ignoring Tinker/Tinker results for the most part. :P Well, I guess that gives me a good reason to invest in one then.)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #11901 on: February 04, 2013, 10:45:47 am »

((Lars x Steve for life))

"O Steve, may your light shine ever on us.  O Pathmas, may your favor be on our side!"

Check self for suit punctures.  Praise our divine/computer overlords.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #11902 on: February 04, 2013, 11:33:46 am »

Jim, you want me using my grenade launcher, explosives, or a civilian gauss rifle?
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 8: Bad With Children
« Reply #11903 on: February 04, 2013, 11:47:21 am »

((@piecewise: I'm not sure, but does the MkIII take care of punctures by delimbing the affected part to avoid decompression or similar effects? That'd be a good solution to my current predicament.

Also, would I need a roll for a shotgun surgery? As in blowing off his own leg with a gauss rifle, since I'd probably still need someone with medi-foam to take care of the puncture and I don't know if anyone has any.))

[Team B Leader=Milno]

Milno took out his gauss rifle and rested the barrel right above the area the piece of rebar had went through his leg. First time for everything, including getting contaminated by a deadly disease during a mission, apparently.

"Taking out the piece of rebar and making my leg useless in the process seems like the best option right now. Does anyone have that medic foam?" he said. He had the rough equivalent of a crutch and also rocket pods. Things wouldn't be that hard and it wouldn't be the first nor last mission he'd have only one functional leg.

Rest diagonally against wounded leg, slightly above the area the piece of rebar went throug, but don't shoot yet.
Spoiler: B Team (click to show/hide)
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #11904 on: February 04, 2013, 12:26:45 pm »

Stacy, Team C DJ, Mining Lobby.

"A-ha! Mining! This means either amazing loot for everyone or amazing lasery death for everyone. Hopefully the first one, judging by the life support and electrical failure. Seriously, this place is falling apart."

Firstly, is the entire place dark, de-powered and/or in a vacuum yet? Seems like an important thing to determine.
This area is in the light, powered and Airified zone it seems.

[Team A Medic - Mesk]

"So uh... think that anything actually hasn't failed down here?"
Check suit.  Try to seal up the holes.

[aux:4+1]
You dig around in your advanced kit till you find the suit sealing kit and use it to seal up all the holes in your suit.

"Wonder if I'd survive in Vacuum? Might be pretty unpleasant."

((Gilgamesh is my One True Love.   8). ))

Start going forward, check around with heat vision.

Lucas action: stay with main group.

You decide to wait on the rest of the group, since the only way forward is through that big old main door. And that might expose the room to vacuum. And that might expose some of the people in it to death.

"Before anyone goes anywhere, everyone check for suit tears or punctures. We don't need no decompression shit now."

Check myself and everyone for suit tears/punctures/holes/etc and help seal any holes if possible.
Of the assembled idiots, the following appear to have holes in their suits that have not been addressed:
Milno
May
Sambo
Pancaek

You would get right on sealing those but you're afraid to inform yourself that you don't have anything you could use to do so.

Check Thomas and self for suit punctures.
Thomas is fine. You, however, have a hole in your stomach where you got shot.

Name:Flint/Deeper Scum - Team C - Main Elevator

@Miyamoto: "Hey, boss, how about I stay in the front with you? If we meet any miners I might be able to persuade them to not kill us. You know, since everyone else we've met so far have tried to kill us on sight."

If the place is dark, first look in my exosuit for any visibility enhancing modules (lamps or amps) and activate them. If there aren't any, activate the amps in my MK1. Go to the door and slowly try to open it. If it is locked, chisel a handle for Miyamoto.

((I also just noticed that command made a small spelling error on the first level map: Hanger instead of hangar. Or maybe it wasn't a spelling error because ships were hanging from the ceiling or maybe someone hanged himself in there.))

You guys have a big hard on for murdering your teammates via decompression don't you? I think if another person tries that I'm just gonna roll with it.

Jim checks Feyri for suit damage, then checks out Milno to see if he can make a guesstimate of how much time the fellow Bastard has left. He also activates light amps/lamps as necessary.
You run your hands over feyri's suit. You do that for a while. Eventually she whacks you upside the head.

"YOUR SUIT IS SECURE MA'AM." You shout in an authoritative robot voice.

You turn to milno, who is coughing as you do so

"YOUR LUNGS ARE FUCKED MA'AM."

((So I don't get an action of aesthetic music in the elevator? Ok...

Also...didn't know we can all collect samples. Darn'it Faith!))

"Guys, don't pull open that door if we can't handle it. Someone, check the stability of our elevator in relation to the...err, ballasts that hold it? Are we in a stable enough position?

"Those who can't patch up, form a double line, we're providing cover fire when these doors go down. Those with flamethrowers or heating amps, be ready to warm up the edges of the doors if they're to be broken, or at least the atmosphere in front of us.

"This seems to be it. And hah! I won that bet! Too bad it's personal..."

Light Amps//Lamps on, depending on which is better.

Begin finding a suitable position to provide supporting fire when the door gets breached.

Ready Tesla-

"Err, wait. The elevator is made of metal right?" Feyri said as her fingers touched the handle. "Just checking."

Ready shield and Laser Rifle [Gauss rifle instead if the Laser Rifle is hilariously still with Thomas//Spinal_Taper's character.] instead.

She then looked at Faith. "Could you...check on the wounded? Milno and Jim, please...The former for a prognosis of his status and the latter for any cracks in the cranial shell, please."

You turn on your lamps and take up a flanking position at the door way with your shield-and your dander- raised.

"Alright. Gonna go straight in there. Just like last time. I know I got freaking shot last time, but this time will be different. Probably. Maybe."

Jim tapped the side of his head. "Yeah, that's pretty much gone up here. But my chest is fine; the weapons those doctors had couldn't crack this exterior."

Yeah, synthflesh is tough ass stuff. It's living tissue that can survive in space after all.

((Lars x Steve for life))

"O Steve, may your light shine ever on us.  O Pathmas, may your favor be on our side!"

Check self for suit punctures.  Praise our divine/computer overlords.

You're fine. Or atleast if you're not the universe seems to have forgotten so you should probably just roll with it.

((@piecewise: I'm not sure, but does the MkIII take care of punctures by delimbing the affected part to avoid decompression or similar effects? That'd be a good solution to my current predicament.

Also, would I need a roll for a shotgun surgery? As in blowing off his own leg with a gauss rifle, since I'd probably still need someone with medi-foam to take care of the puncture and I don't know if anyone has any.))

[Team B Leader=Milno]

Milno took out his gauss rifle and rested the barrel right above the area the piece of rebar had went through his leg. First time for everything, including getting contaminated by a deadly disease during a mission, apparently.

"Taking out the piece of rebar and making my leg useless in the process seems like the best option right now. Does anyone have that medic foam?" he said. He had the rough equivalent of a crutch and also rocket pods. Things wouldn't be that hard and it wouldn't be the first nor last mission he'd have only one functional leg.

Rest diagonally against wounded leg, slightly above the area the piece of rebar went throug, but don't shoot yet.
Spoiler: B Team (click to show/hide)

You haven't been delimbed yet because you weren't in vacuum when the puncture happened. But it would automatically delimb you if you were exposed to vacuum so that's not too much of a problem.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #11905 on: February 04, 2013, 12:42:51 pm »

Once my teammates are ready, murder them through decompression slowly open the door. If the door doesn't open, chisel a handle for Miyamoto. If for some reason my teammates are still dicking around not ready, check the door for any info (control panel, sounds from the other side, signs, strange graffiti, bloodstains, ominous latin chanting).

((Oh, doesn't Pancaek have a MKII? Shouldn't he be fine?))
« Last Edit: February 04, 2013, 02:44:52 pm by Parisbre56 »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11906 on: February 04, 2013, 12:46:54 pm »

((Oh, doesn't Pancaek have a MKII? Shouldn't he be fine?))
((Same problem as me, I believe. The delimbing system only kicks in when the (MkII or MkIII) suit is exposed to vacuum, probably because in places with an atmosphere the suit can stop the blood loss and allow the wearer to keep the limb or at least make healing easier.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11907 on: February 04, 2013, 01:07:25 pm »

"Man, am I glad I came down here. Vacuum, darkness and probably extreme cold ahead."

"Wait, shit. That means that if the haze is down here, it'll be, like, all superpowered and sharklike. That is most decidedly not good."

Get out of immediate sight from whatever may be ahead when the door opens.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #11908 on: February 04, 2013, 01:36:22 pm »

Or atleast if you're not the universe seems to have forgotten so you should probably just roll with it.

((Amen to that.))

Take up a flanking position and point my shooty stick at the door.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #11909 on: February 04, 2013, 01:48:15 pm »

Feyri calmed herself by repeating the past incidents which had occurred to her...They couldn't practically go up, and the only way was forward - at least four of them all had open suits...

"Can anyone please patch up our allies? I'd try, but I don't have anything on hand to do so."

She moved over to Milno to try to help him.

'Do you think I could get a sample from you right now and give it-' No, bad sentence...

"Doesn't this thing have an emergency hatch?"

Prepare for the worst while staying in position. Entrench self(?).

Also, if nobody else will apply medical aid: Suit sealing, apply it myself using conventional weaponry knowledge in the process of applying said medical treatment of sealing the suit. Non-lethal, and if deemed impractical, use intuition in trying to find something to help...

Pages: 1 ... 792 793 [794] 795 796 ... 1256