Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 791 792 [793] 794 795 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3939947 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 8: Worst bombsquad in the galaxy
« Reply #11880 on: February 03, 2013, 11:04:53 am »

"Oh, we know each other. Or we should; I know we've spoken before now. You seem to have forgotten a lot of things since that incident on the ship," Jim said to Stacy. "One of the downsides of being an old man, I suppose." He turned to Feyri. "No, you're not crazy, and you don't have a condition. If anyone's crazy it's Stacy here; you remember hearing about the painting, right?"
((That alcohol should be known as Cannibale.))

Check if there's anything else on the datapad of value, then hand it back to Flint.

Jim, I suppose it's for the best that Stacy doesn't remember those events. Don't want him recreating them, you know?

"Ooh, that's the thing I wasn't supposed to know about, right? A painting of some kind? Must have been some painting. That's basically all people know about me, it's this gosh darn painting I can't remember ever painting. Really, it would be much easier to rein in my curiosity about the matter if you people DIDN'T KEEP BRINGING IT UP. The nice lady in the armory told me to forget it, so I did, even though I didn't remember it. But you guys, especially you two prosthetic people I can't seem to place at the moment, gotta realize that if I'm to ever become a productive and proactive member of society once more, you should just let bygones be bygones. That painting or whatever does not exist anymore and for me, it might as well never have existed in the first place."

"And you really shouldn't lord your lack of memory loss over other people, Mr. Jim or whoever you may be. It's rather insensitive, you know."

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #11881 on: February 03, 2013, 11:09:03 am »

Like we'll ever be able to truly forget that. Anyways, you are right, it is something to, even if it cannot be forgotten, keep far, far away from our thoughts. I'll try not to bring it up again.

Get on the elevator if I'm not already.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11882 on: February 03, 2013, 11:45:49 am »

((@paris: since there are such a crapload of people on this mission, we can afford to leave you and 2 other people behind to experiment with the haze. Just need to know if you wanna come down or not, cause I'll push the button once everybody knows what they want to do.))

Same action as before.

Lucas action: go over his various weapon systems

(In case we run into a shitstorm down there, I'd like to know what weapons he has)

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #11883 on: February 03, 2013, 12:12:55 pm »

Check if there's anything else on the datapad of value, then hand it back to Flint.
Flint's hand touched the datapad, but instead of taking it he put his helmet closer to Simus' 'face' so that only she could hear him. His radio closed, he whispered to her over the speakers: "Listen, I wanted to tell you... About before, I didn't mean- It's just that- My mind- They did some things to me and, I don't know if it's the stress or something they put into me or just my old brain misfiring" or simply the fact that I'm sober "but sometimes I just act and it's like... It's me and yet it isn't me and- Look, what I'm trying to say is that I'm sorry. I won't bother you again. I just don't want you to be angry with me or not talking to me or anything. I want us to be able to work together and I'm sorry I made that difficult for you." Man, that was embarrassing. Good thing nobody else heard it. He was hoping Dr. Roboto would see the honesty in his eyes and accept his apology. He didn't want her to hold a grudge over something so insignificant. Damn, I really need a drink. His eyes fell on the barrel of Cannibale he was carrying. But not THAT drink. He looked at Simus' plastic screen again. "So, are we... okay?"

((@paris: since there are such a crapload of people on this mission, we can afford to leave you and 2 other people behind to experiment with the haze. Just need to know if you wanna come down or not, cause I'll push the button once everybody knows what they want to do.))
((Yeah, but, I was thinking, we're probably going to the mines next and I have a mining laser and a mining suit and a chisel and a flamethrower and a shield, so I could a)talk to any miners still alive down there b)take care of any collapsed tunnels c)protect my more squishy teammates d)burn any Grayshark mist we find down there (remember, they started storing corpses in the mines when they ran out of space here). And I can't give these stuff to anyone else because I'm not staying here with just a gauss rifle and a monorazor. Plus staying here would provide me with nothing besides the interrogation because the mist is already in the sick people, so the HMRC wouldn't pay for a sample. And the mist in the morgue is melting like the witch in the wizard of Oz so not much to do there besides confirming that it indeed came from cold corpses.

Hmmm... I wonder if there's an alien artifact that allows you to be at two places at once. Idea: Get an organochemistry overrider and start making clones of yourself from your slain enemies. An organochemistry overrider in this mission would have been really useful. So many good corpses wasted.))

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #11884 on: February 03, 2013, 01:17:46 pm »

Reactivate radio with Flint; open private channel:

If you can keep it to the minimum, then very well.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #11885 on: February 03, 2013, 03:02:26 pm »

If you can keep it to the minimum, then very well.
"Thank you. That is all I ask." said Flint as he took the datapad. He briefly felt the urge, coming from the part of his mind that didn't belong to him, to take advantage of the fact that he was close enough to her to engage in indecent behavior, but he resisted and continued on carrying his barrels.

((Second Idea: The organochemistry overrider can be used to give people who have lost their bodies, like Jim or Simus, a new, normal human body. They could use that after they finish ten missions if they want to continue their existence as humans. Or if they want to have some fun wink wink nudge nudge. Horrible realization: The organochemistry overrider can be used to make "enhancements" that result in Steve venting the prisoners.

Third idea: Faith has a rage button that breaks her bones when used. She could persuade the doctor to give her a wolverine transformation, you know, metal (or even better synthetic) bones and stuff. That way she gets a)nearly unbreakable bones b)strength of synthflesh arms and legs without actually paying for them.))

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11886 on: February 03, 2013, 03:49:42 pm »

((Third idea: Faith has a rage button that breaks her bones when used. She could persuade the doctor to give her a wolverine transformation, you know, metal (or even better synthetic) bones and stuff. That way she gets a)nearly unbreakable bones b)strength of synthflesh arms and legs without actually paying for them.))
((Yeah, but Faith does mostly enjoy being human. Plus, I assume she'd have to remain essentially organic to be able to override her natural limits like that. Then again, maybe synthflesh or specialized systems could mimic it also.))

Examine now-melted mist.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11887 on: February 03, 2013, 11:14:09 pm »

((Or you could forgo all of that trouble and simply just get synth-flesh replacements for your limbs. Still, the options are out there! Maybe we need the doctor to come up with a better bone-strengthening proceedure than the current two already present?))

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11888 on: February 03, 2013, 11:18:56 pm »

Start shipping the HRMC members that currently are not in a romantic relationship.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #11889 on: February 04, 2013, 01:31:33 am »

[Team A Medic - Mesk]

Use cutting torch on teammate iris.

You hop up and down, trying to reach the iris. It's a bit higher then you thought...

Name:Flint - Team C - Main Elevator

"Test results: haze doesn't like heat, room doesn't like heat. If any of you diseased people want to live longer raising your temperature would help. Also, avoiding bullets and aliens would also help."

Get as many barrels of Soylent Green booze as I can from the cafeteria to the elevator and get ready to go down. Take my datapad from Simus. ((Everybody seems to be waiting for us to go down, so going down to prevent boredom. I guess I'll get my chance to interrogate the doctor on our way up.))

@Simus: "Hi there!" said Flint as he approached Sinus. He made a small effort not to say 'Hey there, beautiful!'. Simus was such a good joke target. So easily annoyed. "You done with this datapad?"

EDIT:((@piecewise: Could you tell me how low in the UWM hierarchy do people have access to mind reading equipment like a Neural Connector Psychokinetic Amplifier? I mean, would a police force or planetary secret service have them? A magister? Or only specialized UWM forces? Also, could the use of one have as a side effect some memories of the user being transferred to the mind of the victim? Just asking to see if I can use that for RP purposes, as a way of giving my character information and behavior he shouldn't have, by saying that they came from his interrogator.))

(Planetary forces might have them, depending on the planet.)

You grab a barrel, check to make sure it's filled with booze not bodies, and roll it on out to the elevator.

Stacy, Team C DJ, In Hospital.

"It worked! That crazy lady must be a genius of some kind!"

To Feyri: "Hey, crazy lady, you're a genius! It turns out this thing really doesn't like heat! Who would've thunk it?"

Throw a bit of garlic into the carnage.

"I now pronounce you... well done."

See if there's still any haze left over. Regardless of its existence, run back to the elevator. Stand inside. READY to go down and get down with my bad self, if applicable.

To everyone: "Hey, infected people, if these suits have thermostats, I'd advise you to turn them up several notches. You'll live longer that way, I think!"

"However, I do warn people that I cannot be held liable for any horrible deaths incurred this way. Blame the crazy lady instead."

"DIE MONSTER, YOU DON'T BELONG IN THIS WORLD!" you shout while hucking garlic at the puddle of grayish material that used to be the haze. That done, you rock down to elevator avenue.

[Team B Leader=Milno]

Milno finally leaves his lethargic state to check for his suit's systems.
"I think that if the thing you were talking about was destroyed, it may as well time to move down. I'm not going to last much and I'd rather not be a piece of useless meat carried around by my teammates."

Check if the suit has any system perfectly usable by stupid people to raise and lower internal temperature. Follow the team down.
Spoiler: B Team (click to show/hide)

You raise the temp on your suit up a few degrees from perfectly comfortable to annoyingly warm. That done you spend another few seconds coughing, this time complete with bloody mucus.

"Can we get this done before I die? "

((Third idea: Faith has a rage button that breaks her bones when used. She could persuade the doctor to give her a wolverine transformation, you know, metal (or even better synthetic) bones and stuff. That way she gets a)nearly unbreakable bones b)strength of synthflesh arms and legs without actually paying for them.))
((Yeah, but Faith does mostly enjoy being human. Plus, I assume she'd have to remain essentially organic to be able to override her natural limits like that. Then again, maybe synthflesh or specialized systems could mimic it also.))

Examine now-melted mist.

The rage button is actually a mental sort of thing. In a Synth-flesh body it would still function, and it would be much more powerful.

The haze is now a puddle of grayish metal. You take a sample and then run to the elevator.

Start shipping the HRMC members that currently are not in a romantic relationship.

FlintxSimus
LarsXsteve
MiyamotoXvibrating self lubricated battlesuit cockpit attachment.
LukasXeternal sadness.

AND THEN EVERYONE GOT ON THE DAMN ELEVATOR AND WENT DOWN.

The elevator begins it's decent...and keeps going for quite a while. As it descends, a helpful robotic voice chimes in.

"Now approaching the MINING level. Warning, MINING Level Life support failure. MINING level electrical failure. Mining Level monitoring failure. Mining level..."

The elevator stops in another little lobby. A single large door looms in front of you with "MINING" written across it in big yellow letters.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11890 on: February 04, 2013, 01:41:20 am »

Stacy, Team C DJ, Mining Lobby.

"A-ha! Mining! This means either amazing loot for everyone or amazing lasery death for everyone. Hopefully the first one, judging by the life support and electrical failure. Seriously, this place is falling apart."

Firstly, is the entire place dark, de-powered and/or in a vacuum yet? Seems like an important thing to determine.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2013, 01:56:42 am by Harry Baldman »

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #11891 on: February 04, 2013, 01:42:22 am »

[Team A Medic - Mesk]

"So uh... think that anything actually hasn't failed down here?"
Check suit.  Try to seal up the holes.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11892 on: February 04, 2013, 02:46:26 am »

((Gilgamesh is my One True Love.   8). ))

Start going forward, check around with heat vision.

Lucas action: stay with main group.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11893 on: February 04, 2013, 06:54:08 am »

"Before anyone goes anywhere, everyone check for suit tears or punctures. We don't need no decompression shit now."

Check myself and everyone for suit tears/punctures/holes/etc and help seal any holes if possible.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11894 on: February 04, 2013, 07:35:31 am »

Check Thomas and self for suit punctures.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.
Pages: 1 ... 791 792 [793] 794 795 ... 1256