Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 789 790 [791] 792 793 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3940715 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 8: Worst bombsquad in the galaxy
« Reply #11850 on: February 02, 2013, 08:18:09 am »

((Goodness Paris. Either I believe you've solved the riddle or...something.

Because the human - Let me IC that.))

Team C ; Feyri Nirel - Armored Mercenary - The Corridor outside the Laboratory.

"Good God."

Feyri replayed the comm chatter once over as she stood by Simus' side. Then replayed it again in a Bass voice, just to be sure.

"The Elevator...The Morgue...What you said about the theorem regarding the disease..."

((And now we're playing Doom...3? XD))

"No wonder they were hiring other world forces to aid here. They needed outside help to contain, or at least...take my theory here in full value- spread the disease due to the inoculation time taking a while. Also, it seems to not show any symptoms at the state.

"Flint, what you said about the human body...All I can recall of my med school days are that pathogens, or bacteria, or...living organisms need a stable temperature to thrive in. Shift it too much in the scale of heat and cold, and you successfully inhibit its growth.

"How cool was the morgue? If the normal body temperature of thirty-seven and a half Celsius can stop the disease...And it somehow goes off into the pleural cavities of people- airborne infection...Pile the dead in the graveyard blocking the elevator and light them on fire!

"Don't target the mist directly, its like a frickin' fluid! Bar the way with heat! Purge it with fire!"

To Feyri: "Now, now, lady, settle down. Don't get too excited. Explain yourself a bit. Use less ellipsis. Speak plainly. It's a bit difficult to tell what you're trying to say here, 's what I'm sayin'. Maybe you could even explain who this Flint person is. Is he here with us? Does he talk to you like Bob does to me?"

EDIT: Fixed, I guess?
« Last Edit: February 02, 2013, 08:33:13 am by Harry Baldman »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #11851 on: February 02, 2013, 08:23:47 am »

((Eeeeeee-

Mistake on confusing username and player, Edit please D:))

"Err, Bob? Stacy, I'm talking about our Flint. What I'm saying is, if he did say the heat in our bodies can at least slow down the disease, what's not to just heat up the general atmosphere up a bit- higher than 37.5 Celsius, our normal body temperature?

"Sure, we may not have a thermometer, and we'd need to protect those with open cuts in their suits, but if the atmospheric conditions hold...

"We'd be able to contain the virus or kill it with heated air."
« Last Edit: February 02, 2013, 08:43:14 am by Tiruin »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11852 on: February 02, 2013, 08:59:29 am »

To Feyri: "Ah, yes. Our Flint. Of course. We can discuss this "Flint" later. In the meantime, I suppose I will make heating the mist up my second test. It sure would be handy if we had another field manipulator or amp user around, though."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11853 on: February 02, 2013, 09:28:46 am »

Feyri's expression turned to one of a ':/' as she moved back to the elevator, kicking a blade of grass as she pondered on her uselessness- why did the amp users always get more in terms of variability and adaptability of their uses? Perhaps it was because the law of thermodynamics could be used anywhere, but a gauss rifle would require constant monthly- if not weekly, cleaning. Servicing of the stock, trigger and firing mechanism, including that the only way it would be useful was for a trained wielder to aim, angle and shoot properly...

It was like, a conspiracy against those who didn't use their minds...

"Is it possible to burn the grass surrounding the hospital? I'm still wondering why they bothered to take care of it in the two month period of anarchy."

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11854 on: February 02, 2013, 09:31:47 am »

"Wow, that brings back memories... Was I really that bad when I started? It seems so long ago... Anyway, we're taking too long here. Either we all stay and try to destroy that thing, or we leave with whoever is at the elevator right now and the rest can catch up later. Whatever we're doing, let's just get a move on."

Chill on the elevator and keep watching over the cams to see what happens with the mist.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11855 on: February 02, 2013, 10:34:15 am »

"Is it possible to burn the grass surrounding the hospital? I'm still wondering why they bothered to take care of it in the two month period of anarchy."

"The answer to your second question is - they didn't. The grass is entirely, completely fake. As to how well it could burn... well, there's only one way to find that out. I'd say it is possible. After all, anything of organic descent burns at a certain temperature. Even hope."

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #11856 on: February 02, 2013, 11:10:08 am »

comms to team c:"Lads and lasses, I'm hearing talk of burning something. Do you need any...help?"

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11857 on: February 02, 2013, 11:31:47 am »

comms to team c:"Lads and lasses, I'm hearing talk of burning something. Do you need any...help?"
"Hey Pan! Say, after we're all clear of the hospital grounds, could you...light up the artificial or correctly termed, 'fake' grass please? I've heard from Flint that a colder temperature than the human body helps the disease spread, while a hotter one stifles it.

"Glad to know our suits are environmentally immune. But fragile."

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11858 on: February 02, 2013, 11:45:15 am »

"Hey Pan! Say, after we're all clear of the hospital grounds, could you...light up the artificial or correctly termed, 'fake' grass please? I've heard from Flint that a colder temperature than the human body helps the disease spread, while a hotter one stifles it.

"the...grass? Isn't that made of plastic? I'm not sure it would catch on fire, but I can sure try. Maybe our man in the mining rig can haul some furniture in here? also, are we leaving people on this floor while the rest goes down?, cause I don't know if the fire will stay contained."

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #11859 on: February 02, 2013, 12:39:17 pm »

Lars bowed his head.  "I shall journey onward.  I don't know anything about alien shark mists."

Get with the down team.   Loudly praise the gods.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #11860 on: February 02, 2013, 12:46:23 pm »

((So many things, so little time. I saw your post nearly at the same time you posted it but was too busy to respond all day. It's been bothering me like hell. So here goes:))

((I don't think it's that simple. For one the corpses on the first level were flash frozen due to vacuum exposure and yet they didn't turn into gray goo (unless they weren't infected). I'm sure piecewise has something else hidden, another surprise waiting around the next corner. We'll know more when we visit the next level and Flint and Stacy conclude their experiments.))
((I don't see how Doom is related to what's going on. However I WAS listening to the main theme of Doom 3 near the time you posted this, so maybe you're psychic? :P If you can read my mind, please, don't look into my memories.))
"No wonder they were hiring other world forces to aid here. They needed outside help to contain, or at least...take my theory here in full value- spread the disease due to the inoculation time taking a while. Also, it seems to not show any symptoms at the state.

"Flint, what you said about the human body...All I can recall of my med school days are that pathogens, or bacteria, or...living organisms need a stable temperature to thrive in. Shift it too much in the scale of heat and cold, and you successfully inhibit its growth.

"How cool was the morgue? If the normal body temperature of thirty-seven and a half Celsius can stop the disease...And it somehow goes off into the pleural cavities of people- airborne infection...Pile the dead in the graveyard blocking the elevator and light them on fire!

"Don't target the mist directly, its like a frickin' fluid! Bar the way with heat! Purge it with fire!"

"The morgue was actually pretty hot, so my theory on this is that those things, whatever they are, become hotter as they operate and then hibernate to protect themselves when they become too hot, much like how a computer will shut down to protect itself when its CPU overheats. Then, when they detect cold they make their way to it. If heat can actually destroy them or slow them down then maybe we can induce a fever to our sick teammates to buy them some time."
((Eeeeeee-

Mistake on confusing username and player, Edit please D:))
((When I said that what I was saying was out of character, I didn't mean it in that level. :P But seriously, I need to think of an explanation of how a 0 intelligence ex-actor ex-farmer got science knowledge.))

"the...grass? Isn't that made of plastic? I'm not sure it would catch on fire, but I can sure try. Maybe our man in the mining rig can haul some furniture in here? also, are we leaving people on this floor while the rest goes down?, cause I don't know if the fire will stay contained."
"I was thinking of using the alcohol they have stockpiled in the cafeteria to burn it, if heat really does hurt this thing. I'd rather not mix our space magic with the aliens'."

"Once we conclude our experiments here I'll go interrogate our 'friend' the doctor about this mist. Maybe they knew that heat hurts this thing and that's why they burnt down C block and stockpiled all this alcohol."

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11861 on: February 02, 2013, 12:57:56 pm »

"I was thinking of using the alcohol they have stockpiled in the cafeteria to burn it, if heat really does hurt this thing. I'd rather not mix our space magic with the aliens'."

"Once we conclude our experiments here I'll go interrogate our 'friend' the doctor about this mist. Maybe they knew that heat hurts this thing and that's why they burnt down C block and stockpiled all this alcohol."

"Well Well Well, our friend actor is full of surprises, he knows his fire"
"Seems like you got the torching of this entire place covered. Just make sure you stand back if you use the alcohol. It tends to spread a bit after you pour it and produce some vapor and...be sure to stand well back, eh guys? I'll take it you won't be needing my help then?"

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #11862 on: February 02, 2013, 11:35:35 pm »

Thomas turned to look at May, still breathing a bit heavily from the running.
"We're getting out of here about now, right?"
Go to the elevator, scope up and watch for haze.
You drag your "Girl" friend the rest of the way to the elevator and sit down, ready to viciously fire upon any sort of fish based haze.

Stacy, Team C DJ and Mist Enthusiast, In Coward's Corner.

"Alright, enough fooling. Time to get serious with this magical calculator thing."

He clears his throat.

"This is Magical Pocket Calculator Test 1: Ambient Temperature."

Use MFM to heat up frontal portion of mist to slightly above room temperature. Stand well back and be prepared to run in any case.

[uncon:6+1]

You tippity type in the information on your boxy thing, grinding through equations before hitting enter.

The entire room in front of you starts melting, haze and all. The haze turns white hot and falls apart, everything catches fire, the stuff around it starts to burn, in general you've really screwed this place over.

Cutting torch.

You whip out your red hot member and start waving it around. Who should you use it on? The wall? The iris? A team mate?

"WHO WANTS THIS BURNING SPIKE OF MINE INSIDE THEM?!"

Toss a chunk of desk or something through it.
You throw a piece of Debris at where the haze used to be. It catches on fire, just like everything else, including your dreams.

Name:Flint - Team C - Hospital, Administration

"We seem to be experiencing some technical difficulties. Please bear with us until they are resolved."

If Stacy fails, try the line experiment again. Keep trying until I get some results. If Stacy fails (or succeeds) horribly, GTFO. If Stacy succeeds, observe results.
"FIRE BAD! UUUUUUUUUGHHH"

You straight arm run to the elevator while making loud grunting noises.

Jim checks an imaginary watch, although truthfully he doesn't much mind having a break to rest his brain.
It's "Your teammates are idiots" o'clock.

"Damn it, this is taking too long. The longer we wait, the bigger the chance the mist is going to block our exit. I'm saying we head down, while about 4 people stay here to learn more about the mist and to warn us when the mist is starting to spread to far. We will station someone at the bottom of the lift so you guys can contact him from the elevator, and he will relay the message through to us. This sound reasonable? I need 4 people who will stay here, the rest come down with us."

Once we know who will stay here, and all the others are on the lift, push button to go down.

Lucas action: get on lift, and contemplate the value of human life in relation to the death row that is HMRC service.

Waiting....

Lucas:

Human life has value?

Team C ; Feyri Nirel - Armored Mercenary - Graveyard area.

"Good God."

Feyri replayed the comm chatter once over as she stood by Simus' side. Then replayed it again in a Bass voice, just to be sure.

"The Elevator...The Morgue...What you said about the theorem regarding the disease..."

Err, either get the [ARGH] to the elevator, or begin helping with stifling the mist's movements.

If only we had a better idea of the area between the elevator and the hospital.

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

[/quote]
I'm gonna put you on the elevator so you can go down on jim.

With jim. Go down with Jim.  That was honestly not intentional but I'm gonna leave it there.

"Wow, that brings back memories... Was I really that bad when I started? It seems so long ago... Anyway, we're taking too long here. Either we all stay and try to destroy that thing, or we leave with whoever is at the elevator right now and the rest can catch up later. Whatever we're doing, let's just get a move on."

Chill on the elevator and keep watching over the cams to see what happens with the mist.
Well, shit got lit on fire. Can't say you're surprised. If anything you're surprised it didn't happen faster.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #11863 on: February 03, 2013, 12:00:34 am »

[Team A Medic - Mesk]

Use cutting torch on teammate iris.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #11864 on: February 03, 2013, 01:30:15 am »

Name:Flint - Team C - Main Elevator

"Test results: haze doesn't like heat, room doesn't like heat. If any of you diseased people want to live longer raising your temperature would help. Also, avoiding bullets and aliens would also help."

Get as many barrels of Soylent Green booze as I can from the cafeteria to the elevator and get ready to go down. Take my datapad from Simus. ((Everybody seems to be waiting for us to go down, so going down to prevent boredom. I guess I'll get my chance to interrogate the doctor on our way up.))

@Simus: "Hi there!" said Flint as he approached Sinus. He made a small effort not to say 'Hey there, beautiful!'. Simus was such a good joke target. So easily annoyed. "You done with this datapad?"

EDIT:((@piecewise: Could you tell me how low in the UWM hierarchy do people have access to mind reading equipment like a Neural Connector Psychokinetic Amplifier? I mean, would a police force or planetary secret service have them? A magister? Or only specialized UWM forces? Also, could the use of one have as a side effect some memories of the user being transferred to the mind of the victim? Just asking to see if I can use that for RP purposes, as a way of giving my character information and behavior he shouldn't have, by saying that they came from his interrogator.))
« Last Edit: February 03, 2013, 03:39:38 pm by Parisbre56 »
Pages: 1 ... 789 790 [791] 792 793 ... 1256