Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 779 780 [781] 782 783 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3937800 times)

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 8: Throbbing Homicide Phallus
« Reply #11700 on: January 27, 2013, 07:04:46 am »

"Hmmm, cop a feel of some insane murderous convict, sounds like a bad idea. DO IT" "n-no.." "wussy"

Grab a piece of rubble to act as a crutch, stay in the relative safety of my current position

"You know, by the way they've been ignoring our every atempt to help them, you'd almost think they were deaf. Maybe those suits are soundproof?"

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11701 on: January 27, 2013, 07:53:00 am »

"Hmmm, cop a feel of some insane murderous convict, sounds like a bad idea. DO IT" "n-no.." "wussy"

Grab a piece of rubble to act as a crutch, stay in the relative safety of my current position

"You know, by the way they've been ignoring our every atempt to help them, you'd almost think they were deaf. Maybe those suits are soundproof?"

"This whole colony is brainproof if you'd ask me."

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11702 on: January 27, 2013, 08:04:49 am »

"A disease that spreads in a geometric pattern? That's definately not natural and just STINKS of alien bullshit. Also, he's got a detonator, probably a suicide vest too, so don't shoot him or you might set it off."

Bishop shakes his head slowly, never taking his eyes off the wounded doctor. Death by explosion would be a quick and definately painless way to go, painless for him that is, but he had no intention of dying so soon.

"Listen to the man in the robot suit! We aren't looking for trouble, we're just trying to get you guys out of here! Look at our gear if you don't believe us, noone has anything like what we have on this colony! Just put down the detonator and we can get you some help, ok?"

Keep pointing my gun at the man but look around slowly from where I am for possible explosives or signs of them. Try to stay in cover as much as possible incase he snaps and triggers the bombs.

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #11703 on: January 27, 2013, 08:18:39 am »

Team D - Lukas

Keep mouth shut and try to look friendly.
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #11704 on: January 27, 2013, 11:14:46 am »

[Team A Medic - Mesk]

"Stupid Mk.II suits, stealing my thunder.  They'll put the noble medical profession entirely out of business, you mark my words, and then where will we be?"
Can't I practice medicine on him a little?  Just a bit?  For old times' sake?
Failing that, take a look at the diseasy scans.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #11705 on: January 27, 2013, 12:47:10 pm »

((Sorry for being useless...))

Team C ; Feyri Nirel - Armored Mercenary - Laundry.

Feyri turned around at the sound of gunfire, and practically stood behind the corner as she heard the comm chatter, letting her teammates handle the event before remembering some pertinent information regarding whatever was killing anyone wounded.

"If a pathogen spreads by open contact...then whatever the disease is uses blood as its culture medium. Meaning it thrives in blood.

"...Great, that was directly from that book."
Feyri sighed as her memories of hospital duty and the many, many books she had to endure passed through her mind like an old sponge. Still filled with its payload, but ready to be renewed.

"And when you mean geometric pattern...err, could you explain that more? I'm thinking some kind of-...err, shape?"

Feyri moved to the corridor outside the Lab, checking for any documents//papers or sheets which are related to any findings of diseases or any medical history papers around.

Also, circuit boxes.

=+=Private Channel: James Kelly=+=
"Sorry for disturbing you but...what just happened there- and is something up with Faith and/or Milno?"

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 27, 2013, 01:08:16 pm by Tiruin »

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11706 on: January 27, 2013, 12:56:07 pm »

((Pancaek is probably infected, though he hasn't shown symptoms yet

Also, you're NOT useless. It's just that your char's strenghts aren't suited for this specific situation. I may be helping now, but wait till we get in a small environment, then my usefullness drops below zero faster than you can say 'hooray for dwarves'. ))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11707 on: January 27, 2013, 01:08:09 pm »

"And when you mean geometric pattern...err, could you explain that more? I'm thinking some kind of-...err, shape?"

"Well, it's both geometric and has a distinct shape. That's more than I can say about most diseases! Really, take a look at those scans o' mine I sent out if you want to know more. I'm no good at this whole 'medicine' thing. I'm more about cooking people and DJing radio stations than any sort of actually helpful action, ya know."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #11708 on: January 27, 2013, 01:13:32 pm »

((Pancaek is probably infected, though he hasn't shown symptoms yet

Also, you're NOT useless. It's just that your char's strenghts aren't suited for this specific situation. I may be helping now, but wait till we get in a small environment, then my usefullness drops below zero faster than you can say 'hooray for dwarves'. ))
((Useless = hasn't acted in the past turns XD Sorry for the misunderstanding. Also, hooray for dwarves! :P

Fix'd the status.))

"Well, it's both geometric and has a distinct shape. That's more than I can say about most diseases! Really, take a look at those scans o' mine I sent out if you want to know more. I'm no good at this whole 'medicine' thing. I'm more about cooking people and DJing radio stations than any sort of actually helpful action, ya know."
"Erm, every organism that can cause a disease has a distinct shape. They are also geometric in...form. Like a virulence factor!" Great, what was that thing again...power to cause disease? "Err, geom-...Oh. It spreads from the lungs in a geometric shape. In a distinct geometric shape.

"Eep. Those scans don't look good..."
Pleural discharge? No, no. It must be associated from airborne spores, then able to spread. How to counter-act, antibodies? Perhaps. Unsure. Blood Type? How long was it until- 2 months, right.

There must be a working facility here which can dia-...

"Isn't there a working facility around here which can diagnose or at least give more exact information about the disease? This seems to be the crux of our mission here."

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11709 on: January 27, 2013, 01:21:43 pm »

"Once I get these hoopleheads to co-operate I'll pick one out to help us with the info in this facility's computer and to give us some more background on this thing. That is, if they ever decide to grow a brain and use it."

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #11710 on: January 27, 2013, 01:29:49 pm »

"Isn't there a working facility around here which can diagnose or at least give more exact information about the disease? This seems to be the crux of our mission here."
"There WERE some labs around here until Roboboy over there decided it would be better if he redecorated them by embedding office implements in the walls, equipment and humans in there..."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #11711 on: January 27, 2013, 02:17:52 pm »

Jim responded over the private line. "A bunch of people, probably doctors, opened fire on us. I threw a bunch of furniture at them; at least one of them survived, but he may be it. As for Milno and Faith... I think they're both infected with whatever disease ruined this damn colony."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 8: Bad With Children
« Reply #11712 on: January 28, 2013, 01:06:09 am »

[Team B Leader=Milno]

"Meh."

Walk away and prepare to escape ensuring explosion.
Spoiler: B Team (click to show/hide)
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 8: Worst bombsquad in the galaxy
« Reply #11713 on: January 28, 2013, 03:54:29 am »

(Damn straight. XD)

Jim decides not to vaporize pen-boy just yet and see if his teammates can handle something without him. It's still break-time, and he can't even drink any damn coffee.

♬do dodo do♪ do dodooley do♬

Stacy, Team C DJ, In Possession Of Inter-Resting Data.

"Good news, everyone! The plague spreads in an artificial, geometric pattern, apparently! How absolutely exciting! Unless you have it, of course. Then it's just plain terrihorribad. Doubleplusungood and stuff. My condolences and shit, you know. Sending it over to everyone so you too can take a wild ride inside the wonder that is the human body."

Send everyone all the fun and less fun as well as the interesting and perplexing pics. Look around Imaging for anything eminently lootable aside from funny pictures of lungs.

You email everyone on the team candid pictures of various body parts. Mostly you email them to the girls.

That done, you go look for any sort of bags of gold or giant sapphires embedded in the eyes of statues. You find neither.

Thomas gently took Mays hand from his "stick" and dropped his arm to his side, between the two of them.
"Geometric patterns? I don't know much about diseases, but that does not sound like a natural virus."
He sat in thought for a moment, then, suddenly looking worried, began heading for imaging, taking May with him.
"May, let's go get you checked up real quick. How are you feeling?"
Recall Mays usual appearence and compare it to how she looks now. Is anything distressing different?

You grab May and drag her over to imaging while taking a good look at her. She doesn't seem to look any different from her normal hypersexualized albino, vaguely alien, formerly tiger raping, sing song voiced, normal self.

Oh wow, that is the first time you have ever said all that out to yourself. Oh dear.

(Damn straight. XD)

Jim decides not to vaporize pen-boy just yet and see if his teammates can handle something without him. It's still break-time, and he can't even drink any damn coffee.

((Maybe if Jim waited half a millisecond before murderthrowing office supplies (with gusto), then his teammates might actually get the chance to do something. Or at least rack up some kills ourselves.))

Hold up hands, back away slowly.

"Hey now, easy there. Nobody else has to die here, okay? Just listen to what I have to say, that's all I'm asking.

We came here to extract you people. The upper floors have already been evacuated, and precautions were made to prevent the disease from spreading beyond the colony. We know what happend, what you people did to the colonists, and it doesn't matter. Nobody will be held accountable. Just lay down your weapons and I promise none of you will get hurt."

If he looks like activating whatever it is he's holding, dash away with rocket boosters.

"No..No" the man says, still holding whatever is in his hand out in front of him, "If you're here then they're purging. But this is insurance. Now get the hell out of here. "

"Good news, everyone! The plague spreads in an artificial, geometric pattern, apparently! How absolutely exciting! Unless you have it, of course. Then it's just plain terrihorribad. Doubleplusungood and stuff. My condolences and shit, you know. Sending it over to everyone so you too can take a wild ride inside the wonder that is the human body."
"Yeah, I can feel that... definitely strange. I wonder if it's even a virus or bacteria as we know it? This is almost like... I don't know, nano-builders or something.

...hmmmm..."

Examine Stacy's pictures, see if I can figure out what's going on.

Also contemplate the feasibility of cutting out the infected areas.

Stacy's pictures seem to show what could best be described as a sierpinski curve being eaten out of the flesh of the infected.

And as per cutting out the infected areas it would probably be easier to just cut off the head and be done with it, since you'd basically be gutting them alive to cut out the infection.

Name:Flint/Deeper Scum - Team C - Hospital, Administration

I'm starting to feel a bit useless. "Got some more computers here for you. Hopefully they'll give you some info about whatever is killing people here if you tell them the password." Whatever is killing people here besides the HMRC.

Move to the morgue. Look around. Any computers in here? Or any interesting bodies?

(To be fair, I didn't actually want to use my amps to destroy everyone. :P I was just planning on manually - as in, with the gorilla arms - chucking in a desk or something to knock a few down and getting to a safe distance, but I'm not exactly complaining on the outcome. I'd prefer a whole lot of dead NPCs to dead PCs.)
((I bet Jim just couldn't resist the chance to troll these people. Hehe. Get it? Troll? Because Jim killed one with a troll doll? Okay, that's not as funny as it sounded in my head.))

The door to the morgue is locked. Locked in a way that makes it hard to open even for someone like you in a big old robo suit.

You grab a nice big piece of debris-the remains of a desk top you think- and use it to stand up. Your leg is dangling off of you in a rather grotesque manner, but hey, least you can walk.

"A disease that spreads in a geometric pattern? That's definately not natural and just STINKS of alien bullshit. Also, he's got a detonator, probably a suicide vest too, so don't shoot him or you might set it off."

Bishop shakes his head slowly, never taking his eyes off the wounded doctor. Death by explosion would be a quick and definately painless way to go, painless for him that is, but he had no intention of dying so soon.

"Listen to the man in the robot suit! We aren't looking for trouble, we're just trying to get you guys out of here! Look at our gear if you don't believe us, noone has anything like what we have on this colony! Just put down the detonator and we can get you some help, ok?"

Keep pointing my gun at the man but look around slowly from where I am for possible explosives or signs of them. Try to stay in cover as much as possible incase he snaps and triggers the bombs.
You don't see anything that particularly looks like a bomb sitting around out in the open, but there's plenty of places one could be hidden around here.

Team D - Lukas

Keep mouth shut and try to look friendly.

You attempt to look as friendly as a giant robotic death machine with a human skull for a head can. You go about this by striking non-threatening poses; the kind of poses an 8 year old beauty queen might strike.

[Team A Medic - Mesk]

"Stupid Mk.II suits, stealing my thunder.  They'll put the noble medical profession entirely out of business, you mark my words, and then where will we be?"
Can't I practice medicine on him a little?  Just a bit?  For old times' sake?
Failing that, take a look at the diseasy scans.

You sigh and dejectedly sweep the legs out of under pancaek as he stands up.

"Its not the same."

As per the disease scans, you see pretty much what faith saw.

((Sorry for being useless...))

Team C ; Feyri Nirel - Armored Mercenary - Laundry.

Feyri turned around at the sound of gunfire, and practically stood behind the corner as she heard the comm chatter, letting her teammates handle the event before remembering some pertinent information regarding whatever was killing anyone wounded.

"If a pathogen spreads by open contact...then whatever the disease is uses blood as its culture medium. Meaning it thrives in blood.

"...Great, that was directly from that book."
Feyri sighed as her memories of hospital duty and the many, many books she had to endure passed through her mind like an old sponge. Still filled with its payload, but ready to be renewed.

Feyri moved to the corridor outside the Lab, checking for any documents//papers or sheets which are related to any findings of diseases or any medical history papers around.

Also, circuit boxes.

=+=Private Channel: James Kelly=+=
"Sorry for disturbing you but...what just happened there- and is something up with Faith and/or Milno?"

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)
You find no papers. Come to think of it, you haven't seen any papers around anywhere here; its all been paperless. How environmentally minded. 

[Team B Leader=Milno]

"Meh."

Walk away and prepare to escape ensuring explosion.
Spoiler: B Team (click to show/hide)

You slowly fading back, easing yourself away from the probable detonation zone.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 8: Worst bombsquad in the galaxy
« Reply #11714 on: January 28, 2013, 04:46:58 am »

Name:Flint/Deeper Scum - Team C - Hospital, Administration

"What's up with these people and locking doors? Anyway, do any of you have see-through-door powers? Just asking so I won't open a door to my death." Well, if I have the equipment for mining, might as well act like a miner.

Start chiseling away at the door, singing the ballad of John Henry, the steel driving man. Hopefully one of my teammates will come to take a look at it before I have reached the other side. EDIT: Wait for Stacy and Panceak to do their thing first. Cover them with my bloody metal ass while they play with their calculators.

"Oh, and if anyone wants to take a look at what's in these computers, now's the time." Before something else explodes.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2013, 11:47:26 am by Parisbre56 »
Pages: 1 ... 779 780 [781] 782 783 ... 1256