Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 772 773 [774] 775 776 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3937013 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 8: Bad With Children
« Reply #11595 on: January 22, 2013, 09:55:16 am »

"Well, I suppose the crimes against humanity will turn up eventually. Well, I hope. Otherwise this place will have been quite the letdown."
"I believe you missed everywhere else for those kinds of things."

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11596 on: January 22, 2013, 10:36:28 am »

"The hospital itself, I mean. What's an average everyday hospital without hideous crimes against humanity? You know, misshapen fetuses in jars everywhere, cloning vats producing the differently-gened and other such things. Proper crimes against humanity."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 8: Bad with Children
« Reply #11597 on: January 22, 2013, 12:12:24 pm »

[Team B Leader=Milno]

"I'm checking the elevator, just in case."

Move to check the elevator and see if command has realized something went wrong. Also, how bad is the coughing at the moment and how fast does it seem to be getting worse?
Spoiler: B Team (click to show/hide)
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11598 on: January 22, 2013, 12:39:36 pm »

Private Channel:
Miyamoto, you broken open that datachip?[/font][/color]
Retrieve datachip from Miyamoto, and examine the contents thereof.

"Sure did. Here ya go. Be sure to give me a summary of its contents when your done reading them."

Give chip to Simus.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #11599 on: January 22, 2013, 12:50:57 pm »

((Best update ever.))

Examine the body.

((PS -2 med, -1 int.  I'm sure this will go well.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #11600 on: January 22, 2013, 02:33:06 pm »

((Best update ever.))

Examine the body.

(([INT:1] You desecrate the body in a way only a true believer in necrophilia could.))
« Last Edit: January 22, 2013, 02:42:06 pm by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #11601 on: January 22, 2013, 03:58:16 pm »

ER Talk: Our Podcasts are the shitest edition.
http://www.mediafire.com/?9u59w4pmdqix84m

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #11602 on: January 22, 2013, 03:59:22 pm »

Go to the laundry area with Miyamoto, search the room

"Good idea, lots of pockets to search through"

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #11603 on: January 22, 2013, 04:07:56 pm »

((Yay! I got the equivelant of a restraining order!))

"Very well, you obviously have a lot on your mind right now. But don't worry, we'll talk again soon." She's just playing hard to get. Her voice synthesizer might be saying "No", but I know her limbic system is saying "Yeah baby!". thought Flint as he went on after Faith to the patient SC.

((Good thing Simus' microphones are still on. That way I can keep annoying her exposing her to Flint's irresistible charms.))

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #11604 on: January 22, 2013, 04:24:01 pm »

((My avatar is the leader of The University of Planet, Academician Prokhor Zakharov, from Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri/Alien Crossfire.

And your voice is quite good. I haven't actually read The Forever War - yet. Got that bit off the Atomic Rockets website. And I want to use the piezoelectric shard launcher... when I can afford it. Let my fellow players be warned. And you're welcome for ruining the dam mission. And good on that random cat wandering in. Guess I've been one of the more frustrating players?

((Good thing Simus' microphones are still on. That way I can keep annoying her exposing her to Flint's irresistible charms.))

And everyone else's mics are on as well. So then it won't just be Simus you're pestering.))
« Last Edit: January 22, 2013, 05:33:32 pm by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #11605 on: January 22, 2013, 08:22:16 pm »

"Wait a minute..." said Flint as he paused for a moment and remembered what had happened. "If the door to surgery was chained from the inside then that would mean... Oh crap." Flint now realised that whoever locked surgery must still be inside, and since that dead guy didn't cut himself up... "Watch out, I think there's someone still alive in the surgery room. Making my way to it now." said Flint as he run back to surgery. He had been focused on the corpse, how easily the door opened and Sinus' beautiful mechanical body, all shiny and streamlined with those huge- no, no. Stay focused. Damn, what's wrong with me? I was never one to like robots. All this stress is confusing me. What I need is a proper non hallucinogenic bottle of alcohol and I'll be fine.

Disregard previous action. Investigate surgery. How was the door locked from the inside? Anything else screaming important evidence in there?

((And everyone else's mics are on as well. So then it won't just be Simus you're pestering.))
((I have no problem publicly showing my affection. Why? Are you ashamed of me? How are we going to make this relationship work if you don't want people knowing about us? My mother was right about you! She warned me but I wouldn't listen. Because I WAS STUPID ENOUGH TO LOVE YOU! *runs out of the room while crying, slamming the door behind her*))

((Edit: Just finished hearing the QA. Very interesting and informative. Can't wait to research some of those things. The answer to my question about the aliens was just what I expected given the level of belieavability you've tried to maintain (that's why I said non hostile and not friendly). Oh and you can just call me Paris, like the city or the trojan villain. The bit in the end is for when there are other people named Paris. I bet the fact that I post a lot is one of the frustrating things. Hmmm... Maybe we could repost our actions on a seperate thread or maybe I could write a script that copies all posts that have bold in them... I'll think about it after I get some sleep.))
« Last Edit: January 22, 2013, 09:25:51 pm by Parisbre56 »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11606 on: January 23, 2013, 12:23:28 am »

((I really wonder what you people are talking about there...In that..err- chat?))

"The hospital itself, I mean. What's an average everyday hospital without hideous crimes against humanity? You know, misshapen fetuses in jars everywhere, cloning vats producing the differently-gened and other such things. Proper crimes against humanity."
"Erm, colony-based hospitals. Those ones don't have your...level of misshapen technology, sadly." Feyri said, emphasizing her sarcasm. "And besides, medical professionals have ethics differing from person to person. And there is no proper crime.

"I...should know."

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #11607 on: January 23, 2013, 02:31:31 am »

I have purposefully started this post late at night, at least late for me, after a day of working on ER talk and making maps and things for Perplexicon. I hurt myself for your entertainment.

(I think we need to deprive PW of all sleep from now until October. XD)

Jim waits in Imaging for everyone else to catch up and keeps an eye on things.

Actually he just follows Faith when she passes by to act as bodyguard/lookout for her.

You wait until Faith shows up and then follow along after her, standing uncomfortably close with your head resting on her shoulder.

"I'll protect you, baby." you whisper, " If anyone tries to hurt you I'll,"  You flex one mighty synthflesh arm, "Take'em to the Gun show."

You make subtle pelvic thrusting motions until Feyri cracks you in the back of the head with the butt of her rifle.

"Baby, You know I was only playing! You know I only got eyes for your robo-coochie!"

She hits you again. And again.

((Tired piecewise is best piecewise. We should definitely do this more often.

Also Medical Map Thing for everyone who, like me, is getting slightly lost and doesn't want to dig that far back for it every time.))

Open door to Patient SC. If all looks clear, continue on to and examine Labs.
(MONKEY'S PAW!)

You stiff arm your way through the door into Patient SC, Feyri with Jim in a head lock following close behind. You sort of briefly ransack the patient services center, kicking open office doors, turning over desks, pocketing office supplies and a "Hang in there" kitten poster. Once thats done and everything looks clear you head for the Door to the labs. And then you stop.

The Doors to the labs have thin glass windows in them and, unless the hospital's interior designer had a stroke half way through the blueprint, it looks like someone has quite literally sealed off the other side.

I am so so sorry for all of this.
((Yes, thank you.))

Team C ; Feyri Nirel - Armored Mercenary

"Has anyone the...err, suspicion that we should just report what we've all seen here and not tamper with whatever syndromes we may acquire through our own interference with our environment?" Feyri asked, remembering one passage from an old, bland book she read a long time ago.

"Oh, has anyone checked for any incinerators, or garbage disposal systems?"

Return to squad. Preferably, squad A lead.

Spoiler: A/C Coalition (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

Edit:
Also Medical Map Thing
((I love your mindset. :P))

You return to squad A's leader and find the robo-casanova putting moves on some other girl! WHY THE ROBO-NERVE!  You discipline the nanny goats with the butt of your rifle and then put him in a head lock and drag him along after that hussy.

Stacy, Team C DJ, Outside Surgery.

"Good gods almighty, this place is boring. They seem to have run out of interesting stuff at the lobby. Where are the dirty surgical implements? The signs of horrible hackjobs done on unwilling subjects? Where are the horrible crimes against humanity?"

Stacy taps his faceplate thoughtfully.

"Well, I suppose the crimes against humanity will turn up eventually. Well, I hope. Otherwise this place will have been quite the letdown."

Boogie over to the door to imaging and take a look at it. Make sure it's the "ceaselessly check for deadly traps everywhere, especially the ceiling" kind of boogie rather than the "carelessly blunder into said traps, if there are any" sort.

The door to imaging is already open and considering the rather disappointing lack of a severed limb garnish you're going to guess it wasn't booby trapped. It might be trapped with some other sort of genital though. You never know...

You electric slide your way in anyways.

Get back inside Gilgamesh, go to the laundry area. Investigate.

You crawl over to the laundry room and punch your way in, blaring "I'm Snuggles the Bear's big brother and I'm here to soften fabrics and break spines! AND I DON'T KNOW HOW TO END THAT JOKE SO I'M JUST GONNA MURDER YOU TO AVOID THAT AWKWARD DEAD AIR!"

Your wit is wasted, as the room is filled with nothing except a line of industrial clothes washers.

Private Channel:

Yeah, keep at it, Flint, that's really the best way not to annoy the cyborg. I will now be blocking all communications from you from the remainder of this mission, and if you persist back on the ship, I will have no qualms about shutting you up.

Block all comms from Flint.

Private channel, Jim:

Jim, would you mind redirecting anything Flint says that is relevant to the mission to me? He is doing his absolute best to irritate me, so I've blocked his transmissions before he gets to the point I would consider getting him sent back topside.

General Radio:

This guy looks like he was tortured, with evidence of extreme beating and laceration, and then autopsied or vivisected. Either that or subjected to an extreme vivisection, or a very unprofessional autopsy. Miyamoto, you broken open that datachip?

You get the chip back and start reading.

"Blah blah blah, Disease displays many unknown qualities, blah blah, rapidly evolving and changing, resistant to treatment, blah, blah, gestation and effective periods vary greatly, lethality almost universal, blah, board's conclusion that it is either unnatural or at least not natural to humans."

[Team B Leader=Milno]

"I'm checking the elevator, just in case."

Move to check the elevator and see if command has realized something went wrong. Also, how bad is the coughing at the moment and how fast does it seem to be getting worse?
Spoiler: B Team (click to show/hide)

The elevator is still a lie-it's not elevating at all- and command is still quiet. Your cough is staying steady at a few every couple of minutes but it's starting to taste metallic.

Either you're about to cough up that beer can you ate on a bet a few years ago or life is going to get difficult soon.

Private Channel:
Miyamoto, you broken open that datachip?[/font][/color]

"Sure did. Here ya go. Be sure to give me a summary of its contents when your done reading them."

Give chip to Simus.
Oh You'll give the Chip to Simus alright.

((Best update ever.))

Examine the body.

Well, it's hard to see through your suit but you'd say you're pretty hot, in a Nicholas cagey kinda way. You know, like a bit crazy but that fun kinda crazy thats like "Hey, you wanna go snort a line of coke and go run, naked, through th-" Wait you were talking about the body on the table huh?

Let me just roll youse some invisible dice and....

Yeah, the sum total of your medical experience tells you that you could probably turn his pelvis into a hat.

Go to the laundry area with Miyamoto, search the room

"Good idea, lots of pockets to search through"

YOU FIND A WHOLE FUCK TON OF LAUNDRY! I HOPE YOU LIKE SHEETS! BECAUSE YOU NOW HAVE A SHEET TON OF SHEETS!

IT'S FUNNY BECAUSE IT SOUNDS LIKE A DIRTY WORD!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

((My avatar is the leader of The University of Planet, Academician Prokhor Zakharov, from Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri/Alien Crossfire.

And your voice is quite good. I haven't actually read The Forever War - yet. Got that bit off the Atomic Rockets website. And I want to use the piezoelectric shard launcher... when I can afford it. Let my fellow players be warned. And you're welcome for ruining the dam mission. And good on that random cat wandering in. Guess I've been one of the more frustrating players?

And everyone else's mics are on as well. So then it won't just be Simus you're pestering.))

Nah, you're cool. You're like, 90's cereal mascot with oversized lime green sunglasses cool. You just make me read shit about crazy space weapons some time and try to do physics with my poor English major brain.

"Wait a minute..." said Flint as he paused for a moment and remembered what had happened. "If the door to surgery was chained from the inside then that would mean... Oh crap." Flint now realised that whoever locked surgery must still be inside, and since that dead guy didn't cut himself up... "Watch out, I think there's someone still alive in the surgery room. Making my way to it now." said Flint as he run back to surgery. He had been focused on the corpse, how easily the door opened and Sinus' beautiful mechanical body, all shiny and streamlined with those huge- no, no. Stay focused. Damn, what's wrong with me? I was never one to like robots. All this stress is confusing me. What I need is a proper non hallucinogenic bottle of alcohol and I'll be fine.

Disregard previous action. Investigate surgery. How was the door locked from the inside? Anything else screaming important evidence in there?

((And everyone else's mics are on as well. So then it won't just be Simus you're pestering.))
((I have no problem publicly showing my affection. Why? Are you ashamed of me? How are we going to make this relationship work if you don't want people knowing about us? My mother was right about you! She warned me but I wouldn't listen. Because I WAS STUPID ENOUGH TO LOVE YOU! *runs out of the room while crying, slamming the door behind her*))

((Edit: Just finished hearing the QA. Very interesting and informative. Can't wait to research some of those things. The answer to my question about the aliens was just what I expected given the level of belieavability you've tried to maintain (that's why I said non hostile and not friendly). Oh and you can just call me Paris, like the city or the trojan villain. The bit in the end is for when there are other people named Paris. I bet the fact that I post a lot is one of the frustrating things. Hmmm... Maybe we could repost our actions on a seperate thread or maybe I could write a script that copies all posts that have bold in them... I'll think about it after I get some sleep.))
It was locked with a chain someone ran between the door handles.As per evidence, theres a corpse over there that Lars is measuring while looking up Top hats on his data pad. That might be important. The corpse, I mean, not Lars' necro-hato-philia

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11608 on: January 23, 2013, 02:57:09 am »

((Oh you XD

See, that's what you get when you attempt to deprive sleep. :P))

Team C ; Feyri Nirel - Armored Mercenary: Following Faith with Jim in a headlock past the Patient SC and at the doors to the sealed off labs.

"Alright, that's better now. Jim, can you hear me? I'm guessing your...hardware- malfunctioned there." Feyri said as she glared at Faith while she was turned away.

"But your head is strangely not damaged in anyway..." She let go of the headlock. "Err, just testing if it had anything wrong with it...Um, sorry."

Must calm down...

"Hey Faith, can you broadcast our intentions here? I'll try to get to the laundry."

Examine doorway into Laundry and the adjacent room, then enter the Laundry.

Spoiler: A/C Coalition (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

=+=Private Channel: James Kelly=+=

"What in the world is a coochie?"
« Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 03:03:22 am by Tiruin »

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11609 on: January 23, 2013, 03:14:23 am »

"Hmm, not much to see here. Better go put Gilgamesh to work."

Go over to the entrance to the labs, 'improvise' a way in. Try not to cause too much damage, just enough for me and my teammates to enter.

Private channel to Simus: "What did that datachip I hacked for you say? Anything noteworthy?"

((I propose we find out where PW lives, tie him to a chair and feed him coffee intravenously untill he can't sleep. Ever again. That should make future updates equally interesting.))
« Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 05:53:39 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.
Pages: 1 ... 772 773 [774] 775 776 ... 1256