Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 767 768 [769] 770 771 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3937638 times)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 8: Bad With Children
« Reply #11520 on: January 19, 2013, 08:47:16 am »

((Welcome to Boatmurdered Hospital, enjoy your stay))
((Hmmm... Maybe I should ask piecewise in his Q&A if he was actually inspired by Dwarf Fortress or is it just that every underground colony is bound to sooner or later become full of booze addicted madmen killing each other.))
"shut up you frakking son of a -...ah...haha..."
"Heya flint, let me help you with the doors, you open it and I'll be ready to shoot if anything tries to kill ya"
"Glad to hear it. This suit may protect me from much, but when there is the possibility of alien clowns eldritch horrors full of murder trying to rape your face, it's always good to have someone watch your back." even if he's kind of crazy. (But then again aren't we all crazy?) Hopefully he won't shoot me in the back.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #11521 on: January 19, 2013, 09:28:57 am »

"You know...of the inane structural design here, I don't detect a bathroom or a fire exit. Or...err, most of the useful areas. Its like a cobbled up place which someone made to hopefully allude to a working hospital.

"This map seems to be lying...or just bad. Shall we head for the morgue?"
Feyri said as she shifted her recorder into viewing the map Jim saw again.

"Also, are you OK Pancaek? I didn't hear anyone blaspheming anything, or snarking too much."
« Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 09:32:11 am by Tiruin »

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11522 on: January 19, 2013, 12:30:49 pm »

Bishop looks around the blasted area wordlessly for a whole minute straight in silence before speaking.

"Well, clearly shit has gone down here. I have a feeling that it's related somehow to the others... Anyway, I have to go check on something. I'll be right back guys."

Head off back to the morgue and check that shonky wall more closely. Don't touch the wall if I can help it and make sure to drag some idiot with me just in case of a suprise shitstorm.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #11523 on: January 19, 2013, 01:31:01 pm »

"Also, are you OK Pancaek? I didn't hear anyone blaspheming anything, or snarking too much."

"Hmm, me? I'm just fine and dandy, true as true. It was nothing really, but thanks for asking. How about you, how are you coping with having to lead a bunch of criminals and crazies?"

"changing the subject, smart."

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #11524 on: January 19, 2013, 02:36:40 pm »

Probably an electrocardiogram, like Jim said. As for restraints, they're a bit more unusual. During normal surgery, no, they wouldn't be needed, since one of the anasthetic chemicals is a paralytic agent. But, if you're dealing with the mentally ill, then they do have a use. But it's certainly not normal to have them in a hospital. Then again, I suppose this hospital could be functional both as a hospital and asylum, considering that a colony has limited resources and hopefully not quite as many insane.

Look around for anything that would've been used for fermentation.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #11525 on: January 19, 2013, 03:11:21 pm »

-answer-
"Yes, you're right. For all we know this room might be the exception and all other rooms don't have restraints. I'll let you know when I check some more rooms.
Also, these people seem to be a bit paranoid about locking doors. Almost all doors in the police station were locked and now all the doors to the ER patient rooms are locked. Then again we're here breaking those locks so maybe they weren't so much paranoid as they were cautious. Hmmm... What could be hidden in here?"

What does my gut say? (Other than that I'm hungry.) Are the locked doors and restraints normal or is there something wrong here?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11526 on: January 19, 2013, 08:29:59 pm »

"Hmm, me? I'm just fine and dandy, true as true. It was nothing really, but thanks for asking. How about you, how are you coping with having to lead a bunch of criminals and crazies?"
"Err, leading? I-uh," Darnit, how did he know- wait, he's talking about NOW! "Well, I'm not leading anyone as it is. Though if I did I-...don't think it would be well. Also, I don't think anyone here is crazy- its just what a person perceives. Their choice to act lies within themselves."

...Double-edged point?

"But still, I guess this changed my perspective of the criminals, or the penal forces. I mean, when I was young, I was darn afraid of the convicts, and...sadly, of the ex-cons who were free in my colony. I mean, sure, they turned over a new leaf, but then...the label. Its like a hovering sign of judgement - people see you and judge you based on what bad you've done.

"I'm glad I was given a chance to change that perspective. Ironically, it came neither too late nor too early, heh...Erm, well, yeah, I guess that's it."

((Query @ Piecewise/Anyone who knows: Do we have any identification signs on ourselves, like dog tags or somewhat..?))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #11527 on: January 19, 2013, 08:39:44 pm »

((I won't swear to it, but I believe I saw somewhere that our names are on our suits.  Robo/synth people I can't speak for.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 8: Death and Butts
« Reply #11528 on: January 19, 2013, 09:19:26 pm »

[Team B Leader=Milno]

Look around the lobby for anything suspicious or important that may have been previously overlooked.
Spoiler: B Team (click to show/hide)
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11529 on: January 19, 2013, 09:45:17 pm »

((I won't swear to it, but I believe I saw somewhere that our names are on our suits.  Robo/synth people I can't speak for.))
((Yeah, I remember something like that..

But, I mean if someone dies, at least we'll have a memo of them? Other than their supposed head >.>))

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #11530 on: January 19, 2013, 10:39:29 pm »

((Yeah, I remember something like that..

But, I mean if someone dies, at least we'll have a memo of them? Other than their supposed head >.>))

((Probably wouldn't be too hard to get ahold of some dog tags, or something of that nature.))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #11531 on: January 19, 2013, 11:49:08 pm »

((Or DNA-matching from various gibs.))

"Hail, brothers of teams I haven't seen in a while!  May the favor of Pathmas be with us!  Is anyone seeking a blessing from the gods?"
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11532 on: January 19, 2013, 11:56:12 pm »

Feyri looked at her shield...

"Do you do swords? Brother Lars, can you inscribe my shield again, and my Tesla Sabre? I know my Arming Sword is inscribed anyway...can you do it twice?"

At least this will help.

Get blessed from Lars.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11533 on: January 20, 2013, 12:22:09 am »

((I believe our names are in big block letters on the fronts of our suits, yeah.

The trouble with mementos or whatever is they'd have to be cheap, as we can't be spending big money every single time somebody we know and love dies horribly, and that they'd have to have a decent chance of surviving whatever murdered their owner. That's a tough combo, especially with how inventive HMRC deaths can be.))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #11534 on: January 20, 2013, 01:30:23 am »

((On a completely unrelated note, someone on-ship just clove The Doctor's skull in twain. Just saiyan'))
((Woah what who where?

Link please!))

Team C ; Feyri Nirel - Armored Mercenary

"Everyone, I'd request any of you not to...play with whatever liquids you find in here. Usually, they're labelled but given the timespan between civilization and anarchy, I'm betting regulation went down the drain. Still, they must be labelled."

Feyri's expression was like a :/ when she continued.

"Granted, I believe they won't try to vent any disease at us through the ventilation. It works anywhere (the ventilation that is) and if there's anyone in here, it would be always at the last place we'd be looking at.

"And Miya, the reputation of a doctor isn't obviously with explosives, but I can tell you that they're trained in the knowledge of chemistry - particularly bio and microbiochemistry and physiology. Oh, and improvised weaponry. Stay away from any oxygen tanks. Judging by the map, it seems the hospital layout is pretty...wrong.

"They haven't put the departments and their specific areas of work near each other."

Feyri decided to move forward and...err, did anyone get into the ER/Surgical room?

Spoiler: A/C Coalition (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

You ....err....um....WOOP WOOP WOOP

((You ask, we deliver  http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=108083.11430 ))

((By the way, Is there a reason I didn't get an int roll, or was it just hidden?))

"We could try to put a little bit of this stuff on fire, and see if it burns well. That could give us a hint as to what it is. Or we just keep exploring the place, and ask what it is to a survivor. If we find one, that is."

Start going towards surgical, bust open the room Pancaek can't open, then bust another one and look what's inside.

To Simus: "or maybe they used it to fuel their ad-hoc flamethrowers."

You eh...you aren't gonna fit through that door without making some...structural modifications on the way.

Stacy, Team C DJ, Cafeteria.

"Well, I'm not melting yet. So it's obviously not water, heh. Wait, is that... no. Definitely not melting yet."

Find some water to wash the clear liquid off. Keep the remains of the broken beaker as evidence/impromptu shiv.
Water:No where to be seen.
Beaker: Shattered
Plans: Foiled

Nah, you go out into the cafeteria and use the sinks there to wash your head off. But the beaker is really broken. Like, little pieces. Not good shiv pieces.

Name: Flint/I am iron man, nananananananuh I break locks - Team C - Hospital, ER

((I don't understand why you find a still in the secondary dining room so strange. I've already told you this is a dwarf fortress. They need alcohol to get through the working day. They probably built this still near their secondary food stockpile after the one in the farming area was burnt down by someone who had gone berserk or stark raving mad.))

Hey, one of those beep beep beep thingies. I've always wondered how they called them. "Hey, do any of the doctors here know if it's normal for a hospital bed to have restraints? Also, anybody knows how those beep beep beep thingies are called?"

Open the next door. If the room is the same as the previous one, keep opening doors until I either find something different or run out of doors.
Whats behind door number 2?! Nothing. 3? Nothing 4? Nope. 5? Nah. 6? No-OH HEY.

Behind the sixth door is a body on the bed. It's dead, pretty clearly, but there's a e-chart chip on a cord at the end of his bed.

"EKGs, I think," Jim answered as he entered the ER hallway. "I've been hooked up to a few in my day." He tried a door at random.
You try the door after the one flint is looking at. Nothing.

Try to figure out what the first step and ingredient of this distilling process is.
You attempt to discover what the first step and ingredient in the distilling process is, ie what organic matter they're fermenting. You do this by opening the large heating oven at the start of the system. The slurry inside the drum is a blackish red with an oddly colored film over it. You're not sure what it is.

((Wait a minute... Nonsensical room layout, massive booze stockpile, total collapse of society after the miners found something deep below, horrible disease that started spreading, massive wealth they suddenly aquired...

By god, the man is right, this is a dwarf fortress! And they apparently opened the circus, meaning clowns when we get down there.

I suddenly don't really want to go down there anymore))

((Welcome to Boatmurdered Hospital, enjoy your stay))

Pancaek stares at the door for a moment, lost in thought.
"Don't look now, but the old man is mocking you." "What, no he isn't" "Oh he is, look at him, he's gloating over how he's stronger than you are in that fancy suit, true as true" "He isn't, strop trying to make me angry...you...what ARE you?" "I'm you, doofus, but just call me Lijah, now go teach him a lesson" "no, shut up, shut up, -"

"shut up you frakking son of a -...ah...haha..."
"You seem to be losing it"
"Heya flint, let me help you with the doors, you open it and I'll be ready to shoot if anything tries to kill ya"

keep rifle ready and stand by Flint when he breaches the doors

You cover the doors as flint breeches them.No signs of trouble so far.

Bishop looks around the blasted area wordlessly for a whole minute straight in silence before speaking.

"Well, clearly shit has gone down here. I have a feeling that it's related somehow to the others... Anyway, I have to go check on something. I'll be right back guys."

Head off back to the morgue and check that shonky wall more closely. Don't touch the wall if I can help it and make sure to drag some idiot with me just in case of a suprise shitstorm.

You grab Feyri, she's not doing much, and drag her back to the Graveyard with you to examine the wall. Up close it's fairly easy to tell whats different about it. It's new. Not brand new, but probably put up within the last 6 months or so. Someone extended this graveyard by a considerable margin within the recent past; but before this outbreak started.

Probably an electrocardiogram, like Jim said. As for restraints, they're a bit more unusual. During normal surgery, no, they wouldn't be needed, since one of the anasthetic chemicals is a paralytic agent. But, if you're dealing with the mentally ill, then they do have a use. But it's certainly not normal to have them in a hospital. Then again, I suppose this hospital could be functional both as a hospital and asylum, considering that a colony has limited resources and hopefully not quite as many insane.

Look around for anything that would've been used for fermentation.
You're with Faith on "Mystery stew" duty.

-answer-
"Yes, you're right. For all we know this room might be the exception and all other rooms don't have restraints. I'll let you know when I check some more rooms.
Also, these people seem to be a bit paranoid about locking doors. Almost all doors in the police station were locked and now all the doors to the ER patient rooms are locked. Then again we're here breaking those locks so maybe they weren't so much paranoid as they were cautious. Hmmm... What could be hidden in here?"

What does my gut say? (Other than that I'm hungry.) Are the locked doors and restraints normal or is there something wrong here?
The other rooms you saw have restraints, and the body is in restraints so there's that. And you're no expert on doctor-istry....but restraints on all the beds seems strange.

[Team B Leader=Milno]

Look around the lobby for anything suspicious or important that may have been previously overlooked.
Spoiler: B Team (click to show/hide)

Yeah, there's nothing here. There might have been if shit hadn't gone pyrotechnic, but this place is too torched to be useful.

Feyri looked at her shield...

"Do you do swords? Brother Lars, can you inscribe my shield again, and my Tesla Sabre? I know my Arming Sword is inscribed anyway...can you do it twice?"

At least this will help.

Get blessed from Lars.
Sorry, can't hear you all the way in the graveyard.

((I believe our names are in big block letters on the fronts of our suits, yeah.

The trouble with mementos or whatever is they'd have to be cheap, as we can't be spending big money every single time somebody we know and love dies horribly, and that they'd have to have a decent chance of surviving whatever murdered their owner. That's a tough combo, especially with how inventive HMRC deaths can be.))
Block letters, yep.
Pages: 1 ... 767 768 [769] 770 771 ... 1256