Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 765 766 [767] 768 769 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3937599 times)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 8: Bad With Children
« Reply #11490 on: January 17, 2013, 02:51:39 pm »

Pancaek follows Miyamoto to the cafetaria

"Thanks. I just hope they used all their explosives on that front door. Just to be safe, we could melt or shoot the main doors from now on before we open them. Or I just grab a shield and tank right through them. Whatever's more convenient."

"I can help with the melty part. Want me to melt the door to ER and Surgical?"

"Finally we get to the burny bits" "We're not attacking anyone" "A crying shame if you ask me, true as true"

"Sure, go ahead, just make sure no-one is standing around when you do it, in case something goes wrong."

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #11491 on: January 17, 2013, 03:04:49 pm »

"Sure, go ahead, just make sure no-one is standing around when you do it, in case something goes wrong."

"Aye aye sir "

drag anyone close to the ER door a safe-ish distance away,stand a safe distance away myself and then proceed to melt the doors with my amp
« Last Edit: January 17, 2013, 03:06:33 pm by Pancaek »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #11492 on: January 18, 2013, 01:49:09 am »

Team A and C

Jim nodded to Miyamoto. "That's a good idea. I'll join you, watch your back while we're in there." He followed the other man into the cafeteria and stood watch near the doors.
[Team A Medic - Mesk]

"The Samsonite Abyss was where the mission, oh, two missions ago took place, Feyri.  Where... where Charro lost his life."
Keep moving.  Follow Jim.
"I'd say we check this place thouroughly. Gonna do the cafeteria first."

Go inside the cafeteria, look around with normal and heat vision.
Stacy, Team C DJ, Hospital Lobby.

"An anomaly eh? All the more reason to be careful. If I had to guess, I'd say they were smuggling valuable alien artifacts of a dead alien race, and then in their greed they dug too deep and unleashed the clowns disease that had wiped out the aliens. I wouldn't be surprised if the UWM or some other powerful organization was backing them."

"Well, considering that aliens should have suitably alien biologies, they probably just caught the alien equivalent of the common cold that somehow turned out to be incredibly lethal and that's going to kill every human being in the known universe if all that have had contact are not immediately burnt to a crisp and any place they've touched isn't immediately nuked. Or maybe they were harvesting miracle cures for all diseases for a wealthy philanthropist and somehow screwed it up. Or maybe this entire plague is angry alien ghosts taking presence in our bodies, making trepanation the only good solution. All these wonderful alternatives!"

Once Miyamoto enters the cafeteria, look inside the place as well. Should nothing be out of order, look at map.

"Dear gods, that is one of the most inefficient hospital designs I've ever seen! Why is the morgue next to the administration space? Why do you have to go through the laundry to get there? This Shost must have been a terrible doctor to get a hospital like this dedicated to him!"

Jim, Mesk, Miyamoto, and Stacy all make their way to the cafeteria and start looking around, carefully scanning the place with any sensors they have available to them before doing so. The cafeteria appears completely uninteresting initially; just the same sort of metal tables and automated food dispensers everyone has seen a million times on the ship, but a search of the back uncovers something odd. The back is essentially one giant freezer where everything is stored until the automated dispensers need it. However there is no food in the freezer; it looks like a meth lab back here; a massive adhoc laboratory full of jury rigged machinery producing some sort of clear fluid. Judging by the dozens of barrels sitting around in the area, whatever this fluid is, they're making lots of it. 

"Ooohhh, I hope we'd find an Administration office here. Medical reports and all of the people. Very confidenti-...I'm really suspecting they burned it, or are going to do so with the sound of that explosion.

"Hey! Wait, don't hospitals usually have an...err, speaker system announced from the front desk or something? The one that usually calls attention to the different areas of the hospital and their related departments?"

Find any broadcasting device which can transmit our intentions to anyone in the hospital without us physically being there.

In other words, find the radio, or what they use to call attention here.

The Lobby desk doesn't seem to have anything you can use to speak over the intercom here. Well, anything functional.There's what looks like a phone here, but it's more of a melted, phone shape brick of plastic then anything.

"Aye aye sir "

drag anyone close to the ER door a safe-ish distance away,stand a safe distance away myself and then proceed to melt the doors with my amp
[exo:3+1+1]
You very neatly and precisely melt the doors off the ER entrance and reveal an empty hall of closed, airtight doorways.

Name:Flint/Deeper Scum - Team C - Hospital, Lobby

As Flint inspected the hospital, which seemed mostly fine (apart from the exploded lobby), and his teammates, who also seemed mostly fine (apart from the craziness), he realized he had overreacted a bit. Still, Jim had rushed to the hospital without making any checks and seemed to treat himself as if he were invincible. He'd keep an eye on him, if only to protect the rest from his overconfidence.

"As always, I'm going to try to stay at the back and see if there's any info on this desk, since this mining suit won't help us make any friends. The blueshirts on the third floor got their explosives from a miner they killed. I won't be surprised if the same happened here. If you get into trouble, scream and I'll be right there."

Check the check-in desk for admission records (either in a book if they're old fashioned or in a computer/datapad), which will hopefully give me some info about the progress or origin of the disease of the disease. (for example first patient admitted with red cough symptoms or number of patients admitted per week or when admissions stopped and the doctors just started killing everybody)

"I've also got this shield right here if anyone with superhuman strength wants to explore more safely."

Give the shield to anyone who asks for it.

"Also, keep an eye out for any drugs we can use. They must have probably spent it all trying to cure this thing, but there may still be some left. We may need them if any of us start dying."

Everything in here is in far too many melted pieces to be of any help. Hell, the only thing still operational is the damn map and thats only because it's inscribed on a metal plate under a coating of plastic.

Team B and D

[Team B Leader=Milno]

"Expect more bodies if and when we hit the mines." Milno said before turning his back to the sign. "Let's move to the hospital, I don't think there's anything else here to be seen."

Move to the hospital to regroup with teams A and C.
Spoiler: B Team (click to show/hide)

Obediently follow Milno to the hospital.  Ponder on what could be blocking the elevator.

((I am incompetent at spelling competent.))
Watch the door and May until it's time to leave. Then do so.

Team B regroups with Teams A and C in the hospital Lobby. On the way Lars thinks about what it is that might be blocking the elevator.
[int:2-1][intuition:2]

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11493 on: January 18, 2013, 02:55:43 am »

Going over the instruments used in making this fluid, and after examining said fluid in detail, try deducing what it is, what its properties are or what it could be used for.

To B team: "You guys finished already? Well, feel free to help here, but beware that this place's front door was rigged with explosives, so watch your back."

To A and C: "I am starting to think this place may house something other that medical personnel. I mean, doctors aren't really known for their use of explosives, and seeing how a hospital would be a prime target for looters, what with all the medication and other recourses lying around, we might have ourselves another bunch of convicts here. Or maybe rogue miners or something along those lines."
« Last Edit: January 18, 2013, 03:03:17 am by Radio Controlled »

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #11494 on: January 18, 2013, 02:56:09 am »

Team D - Lukas - Graveyard

"Okay, there seems to be nothing here but dead people. Let's go do something useful."

Gently push Team D in the direction of the hospital lobby.
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11495 on: January 18, 2013, 03:05:57 am »

"Right, let's just do one final check for more ways out of here and we'll join up with the others. Hopefully they haven't killed themselves somehow."

Do a check of the whole place for extra enterances and exits before following Lukas to the others.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #11496 on: January 18, 2013, 03:27:35 am »

First, Jim responded to Miyamoto. "Seems likely. This could be some sort of recreational drug... or a weapon. Get any random assortment of criminals together and odds are good one of them knows something about chemicals. I'm going to call Simus up here, then return to the main group." Next, he opened a channel. "Simus, I need you here right now. We have some sort of unknown chemical - a metric shit ton of it as a rough guesstimate - and I'd greatly appreciate it if you could science the hell out of it." Order given, he returned to the main area to brief everyone who had stayed behind. "No bodies, alive or dead. Let's keep moving. And let's do that by all of us going far, far away from the doors to ER." If everyone did so, Jim would then attempt to open them with his manipulation amp.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2013, 03:35:38 am by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #11497 on: January 18, 2013, 03:42:10 am »

[Team A Medic - Mesk]

"Let me have a look, Jim.  I've got a hunch.  Oh, and parts of this place are or were likely quarantined, so be careful what doors you all open."
Examine methlab.  Determine whether it's some sort of antidote or vaccine they're brewing.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #11498 on: January 18, 2013, 04:34:13 am »

Name:Flint/Deeper Scum - Team C - Hospital lobby

"I think you're being a bit paranoid with this booby trapped doors thing." Flint said while moving towards the ER.

Check the ER for hostiles or traps through the hole. Then enter. Cautiously. Open the first door I see in the hall and search the room.

"Any volunteers for eating the strange radioactive goo? Could be drugs... or 'drugs'." Flint joked.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2013, 04:51:19 am by Parisbre56 »

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #11499 on: January 18, 2013, 07:26:15 am »

pancaek-team C- hospital lobby
"Well, that went better then I expected."
"expected, or hoped?"

Follow Flint to the ER, look around. If everything's safe, search the room next to Flints.

Name:Flint/Deeper Scum - Team C - Hospital lobby
"Any volunteers for eating the strange radioactive goo? Could be drugs... or 'drugs'." Flint joked.

"I volunteer if it needs testing. What's the worst that could happen?"
« Last Edit: January 18, 2013, 08:03:25 am by Pancaek »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11500 on: January 18, 2013, 08:24:50 am »

Stacy, Team C DJ, In Cafeteria.

"Mass-produced probably-evil liquids in the hospital, how nice! And here I thought the place couldn't get any safer and more wholesome."

Examine the production mechanism and analyze the involved components and ingredients. Deduce probable nature of produced liquid from analysis. Don't touch the machines, however.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #11501 on: January 18, 2013, 08:33:39 am »

On my way.

Head to the ad-hoc freezer-based chemical lab, and examine all components of the machine as well as the liquid itself.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11502 on: January 18, 2013, 08:39:25 am »

((On a completely unrelated note, someone on-ship just clove The Doctor's skull in twain. Just saiyan'))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #11503 on: January 18, 2013, 09:35:05 am »

((Ahahah.))

Team B: Lars, Chaplain

Lars eyes glaze over.  Yes... the alien influence is at work here!  The gods on his side though, and everyone knows gods beat aliens.  Nothing to worry about, then.

"Ah, the hospital- where Emar-i performs his holy miracles.  Praise be."
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #11504 on: January 18, 2013, 09:47:24 am »

Go to the hospital with the rest of Team D. Keep an eye anything that might be useful as medical supplies. Painkillers, coagulants, real bandages, and maybe anti-viral drugs if there's anything obviously labelled as such. Steal them if there is.

"Sorry, just sort of spaced out there. Graveyards give me the spooks. And the shits. Either way, I'm going to see if there's anything useful laying around while everyone else looks for other stuff."

It's a game. Have fun.
Pages: 1 ... 765 766 [767] 768 769 ... 1256