Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 743 744 [745] 746 747 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3945198 times)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 8: Death and Butts
« Reply #11160 on: January 02, 2013, 06:35:48 am »

Name:Flint - Team C - Radio Building, 2nd floor, mysterious locked door

"Well, looks like I'm useless without my giant metal rod. Do you want to give it a try with your magic calculator or should I go get my suit?"

If Stacy doesn't try to open the door first (or does but fails to open it) then get my suit and try to chisel my way in.

((Congratulations to our newest plague victims. You'll make fine guinea pigs for the study of this disease. Let's just hope that command doesn't cremate you just to be sure you won't infect anyone.))
« Last Edit: January 02, 2013, 07:02:42 am by Parisbre56 »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11161 on: January 02, 2013, 06:42:55 am »

Team D Leader Faith, D Block

"Yeah, fuck," she responded, climbing back into her exosuit. "That means Sambo's probably in trouble too."

She paused a moment, considering how Command would react. There was no way he'd be ballsy enough to try to just condemn every one of them who got injured down here to permanent death... but he'd seemed pretty adamant about having something to hide. She doubted living virus samples were something he could allow to escape at any cost.

In short, she suspected she was in deep shit.

"Hey," she said, trying to get the man's attention. "Calm down.

Also, how fast does this disease progress, do you know?"

She turned to the rest of her squad.

"Also, you guys can go look for others if you get bored. Just try to be civil and nonthreatening, I'm guessing everyone in here is going to be lightly armed if at all."

Talk to man. Run hands over shock implant to determine size, location, and how hard it'd be to remove in the field.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11162 on: January 02, 2013, 06:55:02 am »

Stacy, Team C Magic Calculator User, Outside Foreboding Metal Door.

"Well, looks like I'm useless without my giant metal rod. Do you want to give it a try with your magic calculator or should I go get my suit?"

"I'll give it a try. After all, I've only used it once so far. True, it was to fry a whole bunch of people, but I haven't been a whole lot of use since then. Right, back up a bit. Scratch that, back up a lot."

Back up from door to a distance of about fifteen feet. Instruct Flint to back up further in case things go south. Melt-cut a hole about a foot in diameter out of the door.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #11163 on: January 02, 2013, 07:15:51 am »

Name:Flint - Team C - Radio Building, 2nd floor, mysterious locked door

"Just be careful not to demolish the building or, I don't know, cause the universe to implode or something." ((Much more likely that anything valuable and/or alive behind the door will be destroyed if something does go wrong IMO. Where's Jim and his door melting powers when you need them?))

Stand well back. And near a window if one is available. If Stacy doesn't manage to open a hole (and doesn't die horribly and/or causes the floor/building/universe to collapse) get my suit and try to chisel/force my way in.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2013, 07:35:12 am by Parisbre56 »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11164 on: January 02, 2013, 07:19:23 am »

((Much more likely that anything valuable and/or alive behind the door will be destroyed if something does go wrong IMO. Where's Jim and his door melting powers when you need them?))

((That's why I'm going with a hole only a foot in diameter. The plan is to cut the hole, then get the rest of the way with the razor. That way we A: can look through the door without going in, B: are safer from total ruination.))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #11165 on: January 02, 2013, 09:07:03 am »

Brother Lars looks at Milno, concern on his face.  "Are you okay, Saint Milno?"
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #11166 on: January 02, 2013, 10:42:35 am »

Team D - Lukas

Lukas shakes his head at Faith. "This is not good, cap. Not good at all." He pauses for a moment. "I say we should report this development and ask command for advise." He pauses again. "I say it's your call, cap. But if you start to act funny, I might reconsider." He turns to the man. "The way I see it, this is just another good reason to get you out of here asap. You know something about this disease?"

Lukas opens a comm to the other team leaders (excluding Faith, make sure to also exclude command):
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Do/say the above
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11167 on: January 02, 2013, 11:10:12 am »

Go check the next street, try to peek inside the houses if possible. Alternate between heat and normal vision.

Team D - Lukas

Lukas opens a comm to the other team leaders (excluding Faith, make sure to also exclude command):
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Do/say the above

'Hmm, bad news indeed. Try to defuse the situation, those civilians might get scared or do something foolish if they fear contamination. Might be best if she moves away to let someone else do the talking, it could help calm their nerves. Be sure to mention they'll all be safe once inside the transports.
This counts for the other teams as well, make sure to isolate infected teammembers from the civilians. Another firefight is the last thing we need.'
« Last Edit: January 02, 2013, 11:17:08 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11168 on: January 02, 2013, 12:25:17 pm »

Thomas quirks his head at the coughing, then puts the weapons onto the ground beside the stairs. He opens up a private audio channel with Milno.
"Milno, are you okay? Have you been infected?"

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #11169 on: January 02, 2013, 01:26:25 pm »

((looks like i missed some things during the holidays))

"I'll give it a try. After all, I've only used it once so far. True, it was to fry a whole bunch of people, but I haven't been a whole lot of use since then. Right, back up a bit. Scratch that, back up a lot."

"Want some help with that?"

If the answer is yes, help melt the door using my amp

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11170 on: January 02, 2013, 01:28:56 pm »

"Hold that thought. I'll try first, you go second if I fail. That way we run less of a risk of killing ourselves and destroying whatever's in that room."

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #11171 on: January 02, 2013, 04:41:54 pm »

Hey, Mesk. One of the people just rushed out. Keep an eye on him.

Simus waits with Jim to see if the others return.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Nicholas1024

• Bay Watcher
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #11172 on: January 02, 2013, 05:19:43 pm »

Kyle watched Milno's coughing fit, somewhat concerned.

I'm pretty sure Milno was fine aboard the ship, so hopefully this coughing isn't anything serious.

Unless... we've all been exposed pretty thoroughly to whatever plague has wiped out most of this colony. If it spreads that quickly, then our entire team is in danger, as are any civilians we try to help.

And if that is the true cause, then there's nothing anyone can do to stop this disease from progressing to the natural conclusion.

Clenching his jaw, Kyle forced back his panic for the moment, considering his options.

Alright, think. First off, I don't yet know that it actually is the plague causing this, so panic would be premature. Secondly, at least I should be mostly immune to any kind of disease, along with anyone else who is mostly robotic. So, that means I should probably take care of any diplomacy that's needed, just in case.

And if the disease does actually end up causing about 80% of the team to die... well, at least I can drag them back to the ship for evac.

((I think Piecewise decided that there were far too many people who haven't yet been incapacitated.))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #11173 on: January 02, 2013, 06:12:02 pm »

"Hold that thought. I'll try first, you go second if I fail. That way we run less of a risk of killing ourselves and destroying whatever's in that room."
"Great, more people with physics bending devices that can destroy everything in this level. What could possibly go wrong? *grumble* damn magic calculators *grumble* smash'em with a hammer *grumble*"
((I think Piecewise decided that there were far too many people who haven't yet been incapacitated.))
((I wonder if he rolls some kind of d100 to determine whether or not you are immune and whether or not you survive or if contact with the air equals instant infection folfollowed by death.))
« Last Edit: January 02, 2013, 06:25:01 pm by Parisbre56 »

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #11174 on: January 02, 2013, 06:23:10 pm »

Kyle, Milno had his suit punctured on the floor above. If you're suit's not been breached, you're fine, the things are airtight, but it seems that any breach carries a good chance of the person wearing the compromised suit being infected. If I remember correctly, that was Milno, Mesk, Bruce, May, Sambo, and Faith, for a few moments. I think that's it.

((Correct me if I'm wrong, but we can hear the other teams' chatter, yes?))
« Last Edit: January 02, 2013, 06:49:56 pm by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.
Pages: 1 ... 743 744 [745] 746 747 ... 1256