Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 739 740 [741] 742 743 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3945682 times)

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 8: Death and Butts
« Reply #11100 on: December 27, 2012, 11:33:03 pm »

Thankyou, Ill go and sign up  :)
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #11101 on: December 28, 2012, 09:14:27 am »

Feyri Nirel ; Team C Mercenary, Block C, in that room with the dead Scientist along with Pancaek.

Begin delving deeper into the white suited man's death - try to discern any kind of anomaly or pathogen which he was trying to clear, or any traces of information to be had. Open the suit, if necessary,

"Miya, have you got anything regarding Block C yet? All I currently detect are swaths of ash and...pristine death."

"So. Does jim have...like...you know...a...does it vibrate?"
Feyri looked at Pancaek with a stern expression - for she was sure he would see her expression through her faceplateless visor - "Does what vibrate?"

Spoiler: Team C and D (click to show/hide)

((Could we please not have any limericks that touch the sensitive nature of-

...You know what? Forget I said anything.))

My journey be done alone
From seeds mistakenly sown
Through weather and wit
Shall I thus acquit
My name in my sanctum home

Welcome to the HMRC, recruit. While we have no 'standing' rules but 'don't blow up the ship', there are a set of ethics one must follow. What they are, will be up to you to decide. Just don't cross that line, ok? :P

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11102 on: December 28, 2012, 01:31:59 pm »

((Welcome to the forums and good luck with you stay in the HMRC. You'll need it. :P))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #11103 on: December 29, 2012, 01:01:28 am »

Hey guys. I just got done with Perplexicon and the on-ship post. And I was about to do this one when 12 hours of driving finally caught up with me. So Tomorrow morning.

By the way, is there anyway to make this forum show me more then 25 back posts?

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #11104 on: December 29, 2012, 01:03:33 am »

((Yeah, I've got mine set to 50 posts/page, the max. It's somewhere in your forum settings. Unless you're talking about something else.))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11105 on: December 29, 2012, 01:29:21 am »

((I think he means seeing posts while in reply mode, in which case not that I know of. It could be based on posts per page, though.))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #11106 on: December 29, 2012, 04:35:48 pm »

Team A
(Ah, come on. I edited that an hour before you posted. :P)

Jim waits to see if there will be any reaction to the bottles.

((Good poem, PW. Here's a limerick:
Prisoners more often than not,
The corps leaves many to rot,
But in fulfilling their post
They receive not the most,
But a chance to return, for their job))

Advance into the building, carefully stepping over the wire.

(That was beautiful ;-;)

[Team A Medic - Mesk]
"Wait for it..."
Cower.
Jim and Mesk hang back, watching the building to see what might happen. Simus, on the other hand, decides to charge straight in heedless of the consequences. She leaps the wire and heads into the building. The ground floor is a large open space, like a parlor or shared room of sorts, but it's been mostly cleared and everything thats left-a few chairs and a television on a cabinet-has been shoved against a wall or into a corner.

The only exit out of the room is a stairway in the back leading upstairs.

Team B

((Nice poem.))

[Team B Leader=Milno]

"Well, I'm moving to the hotspot. Not wasting any time." Milno said before preparing to take flight.

Fly to a point near the window and peek inside carefully, blaring again: "We were sent to rescue you and any crimes you committed during the quarantine will receive clemency from the higher-ups. If you keep firing at us, we will retaliate. At least try talking before firing, you won't like us shooting at you."

Spoiler: A-B Teams (click to show/hide)

You zoom up to to window in an explosion of exhaust and flame, stopping in front of the window and catching a glimpse of a man running out of the room and into the hall beyond it. The man turns to the left and disappears down the hall, screaming "THE POLICE ARE BACK! THE POLICE ARE BACK!"

((Lars is filled with holy delight.))

((You know, at the poem.  Not Milno's ass.))

Keep on guard.

You keep on guard...for milno's ass.

"Our shooter is, or, uh, was in the window. He's likely trying to move. Guys, uh, I think we should move up too with Milno."
Head up a little, find cover there. Continue giving scans. Are there more of them?

You hear the man screaming inside the building and begin catching tiny spots of movement around the closed windows, hotspots of people who were peaking out now sprinting back into the building.

Team C

Check the whole street, peek inside every house (with normal and heat vision).

The street itself is empty from what you can see, no signs of people running around or of anything really. You scan the homes as you walk past them, both with the heat and the normal vision modes. It reveals a lot of room temperature, empty ruins, at least as far as the fronts of the buildings are concerned. You can't get your head into any buildings but as far as you can see by peeking through windows it doesn't look like there's anyone around, at least anyone alive.

Stacy, Team C Physimancer, In The Dead Scientist House...

"Well, better get back to work."

Follow Miyamoto from a respectable distance. Keep an eye out for any more unburnt buildings.

You stick with Mr.Roboto as he wanders about. You don't really see anything unburnt, but that radio signal seems to be at it's loudest and most clear over next to a particular building, one with a rather ornate if badly melted front.

Feyri Nirel ; Team C Mercenary, Block C, in that room with the dead Scientist along with Pancaek.

Begin delving deeper into the white suited man's death - try to discern any kind of anomaly or pathogen which he was trying to clear, or any traces of information to be had. Open the suit, if necessary,

"Miya, have you got anything regarding Block C yet? All I currently detect are swaths of ash and...pristine death."

"So. Does jim have...like...you know...a...does it vibrate?"
Feyri looked at Pancaek with a stern expression - for she was sure he would see her expression through her faceplateless visor - "Does what vibrate?"

Spoiler: Team C and D (click to show/hide)

((Could we please not have any limericks that touch the sensitive nature of-

...You know what? Forget I said anything.))

My journey be done alone
From seeds mistakenly sown
Through weather and wit
Shall I thus acquit
My name in my sanctum home

Welcome to the HMRC, recruit. While we have no 'standing' rules but 'don't blow up the ship', there are a set of ethics one must follow. What they are, will be up to you to decide. Just don't cross that line, ok? :P

You look at the man, pull open his suit and look for anything on his person that would give you a clue as to what he was doing. But under his suit all he's wearing are unlabeled scrubs with no pockets and nothing else anywhere in the suit. Who ever this guy is, carrying his orders wasn't something he did.

Name:Flint/Deeper Scum - Team C - C block, not with the leader

"Be there in a jiffy boss. Just gonna do a quick search 'round here first."

Do a quick search of the buildings on the street I'm in for anything unburnt. If nothing is found, follow the leader.

((Aaah... Confusion and beautiful poems. The best gifts one can have.))

((Hey, this could be explained as a message from one of the brains of the members of the previous HMRC teams. Maybe it's the same man May's pet lizard-abomination came from.))

There are a few unburnt places in the building with the white suited man, so you quickly rummage through them. You find a single datachip that isn't burnt but nothing else that might contain information unless someone encoded a message in a blanket or a desk.

Team D

Team D Leader Faith, Outside House of Crashing Noises

"Well come on, we're not here to hurt you," Faith called into the structure. "Open up or we'll bash the door down. Or wall."

She then turned to her teammates.

"Feel free to knock it down if they don't answer. Just make sure you do it in a way that won't hurt anybody hiding in there."

Attempt to reason with crashing noises.

Watch the windows for movement with the motion sensor and alert the team if I see anything.

Team D - Lukas

knock down door with prison door if no one answers.

Faith shouts up into the building and waits, holding Lukas back for a moment until something moves in the building near the front door and a muffed voice filters out.

"Wa...who are you? What do you want?"

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #11107 on: December 29, 2012, 04:46:07 pm »

Jim sighed and headed in after Simus.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11108 on: December 29, 2012, 04:48:42 pm »

Team D Leader Faith, D Block

Faith perked up at finally finding someone alive and reasonable.

"We're from the HMRC, acting under the command of the UWM. We're here to evacuate everyone who's still alive. There's APCs waiting near the elevator and we've already cleared out the above levels.

Some of us are a bit skittish, so you might want to come out slowly, but we're pretty good about not shooting things that don't shoot first."

Talk to guy.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11109 on: December 29, 2012, 04:52:44 pm »

"They're all going back in the building, probably chasing after Milno. I'm going to head in to try and help him."
Thomas heads for the door. When he opens it, he lets it swing for a moment before heading in. Once he's in, he looks down all the halls for anyone.

"Stay alert and behind cover and don't come here, Fucker. I'll try to talk to them first, they are thinking we are from the police."
"Oh. Okay, I'll take cover by the door."
Duck beside the door
« Last Edit: December 29, 2012, 05:07:44 pm by Spinal_Taper »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11110 on: December 29, 2012, 04:57:29 pm »

[Team B Leader=Milno]

Milno felt the urge to facepalm rising once again. Goddamnit.

Stay perched near the window but on a place out of the line of fire of anyone at the building (floating above the window or near the roof), using the motion sensor to check for movement in other buildings.

Start to blare at full volume: "We are not from the police. One or two guys of our group got some body armor from dead cops we found, but that's it. All of the government forces and the police are dead and we were sent here to rescue you and take you out of the quarantine zone and into safety."

"I repeat, we will not fire if you don't. I want to talk to one of you so I may explain the situation, but if you start to shoot at us, we'll shoot back. We are just asking for one of you to answer me and initiate a dialog, we don't want any misunderstandings.

Believe me when I say you won't like if we shoot back."

"They're all going back in the building, probably chasing after Milno. I'm going to head in to try and help him."
"Stay alert and behind cover and don't come here, Fucker. I'll try to talk to them first, they are thinking we are from the police."

Spoiler: A-B Teams (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 29, 2012, 04:59:12 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #11111 on: December 29, 2012, 05:02:48 pm »

Clear in here.

Check to see what the tripwire tripped.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11112 on: December 29, 2012, 05:05:20 pm »

Stacy, Team C Radio-man and Cook, On The Streets Of Block C.

To Team C: "Good news, everyone! I have discovered a likely spot that the signal originates from, it's this building with a melted, but still stylish facade, if I may say so myself."

Stacy relays the position of the building to the team.

"I think maybe somebody should go with me and check it out? That is, if you're not busy."

Rock out to amazing tunes on radio after communicating with team. Examine front of building, especially the door. Can I see through it? Look for any traps.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #11113 on: December 29, 2012, 05:29:42 pm »

Move into position beside Faith. Get ready to shoot anyone that comes out, but hold my fire for now.

((hope everyone had a great christmas. Now there's only New Year's to go, and finally my poor brain cells can have a bit of rest.
I hope all of you in Yankieland aren't getting horribly snowed in right now. What do you do on new years then? Just house party through it? It's the middle of summer here in Aus, so I can't imagine a new year's without a beach run, etc.))
It's a game. Have fun.

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #11114 on: December 29, 2012, 05:35:32 pm »

Team D - Lukas

Lukas mumbles a few curses when he hears someone talking from behind the door. "Don't worry. We are here to get you out of here safe and sound," he adds to Faith's words.
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.
Pages: 1 ... 739 740 [741] 742 743 ... 1256