Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 736 737 [738] 739 740 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3942543 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 8: Death and Butts
« Reply #11055 on: December 21, 2012, 04:07:47 pm »

(Since cutting the tripwire might trigger it the same as moving it, I'm going to go ahead and proceed. At least with all of us somewhat far back there's less chance of us getting hurt.)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #11056 on: December 21, 2012, 04:28:07 pm »

Move out of the way, across the other side of the street, while Lucas opens the door with a door. Get one of my pistols ready, in case I have to charge back in if there's any resistance.

((I bagsy punching open the next house. Sambo doesn't get to fail horribly at something simple nearly often enough.))
It's a game. Have fun.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #11057 on: December 21, 2012, 04:59:51 pm »

((Considering Jim is using a microwave and not a kinetic amp he'll either destroy the entrance trying to trigger the trap (since he doesn't know where the trap mechanism is, or even what it is), simply cut the wire and trigger/disable the trap or fail and experience terrible feedback. I don't think you need to worry though since  this trap probably won't demolish the building when triggered.))

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #11058 on: December 21, 2012, 05:11:22 pm »

(MMA = Mass Manipulation Amp. I'm not using the microwave. :P I'm using the MMA to pull the wire.)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #11059 on: December 21, 2012, 05:32:51 pm »

((*checks amp names*... Looks like I made a mistake. I should check before posting. Well never mind. We need better acronyms. Or I need better memory. But I still believe that it's more of an "alarm us while killing the one who triggered it" kind of trap and not a "demolish a whole building" kind of trap. We'll learn soon enough.))
« Last Edit: December 21, 2012, 05:36:25 pm by Parisbre56 »

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #11060 on: December 21, 2012, 05:47:04 pm »

((
(Since cutting the tripwire might trigger it the same as moving it, I'm going to go ahead and proceed. At least with all of us somewhat far back there's less chance of us getting hurt.)

Since it seems quite makeshift, I doubt it's rigged to go off, whatever the mechanism is, when the wire is cut.

Then again, our GM is Piecewise... Eh. Anyways, I just reposted it along with my actual action because the action makes no sense without it and you didn't respond IC.))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #11061 on: December 21, 2012, 06:00:48 pm »

(( Maybe this place got invaded by the murder-death-wires before they got to the Sword? It could just be lying in wait, until we least expect it.
Kill it Jim! Kill it good!

Btw, this might be an awesome time for an I-spy game, until PW gets back from festivities. Just don't expect much input from me. Street xmas party today. ))
It's a game. Have fun.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #11062 on: December 21, 2012, 07:00:32 pm »

"Cutting it might trip it just the same as pulling it. Better we find out here, from safe cover, then to send somebody up there with a razor and have them learn the hard way."

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11063 on: December 21, 2012, 07:14:44 pm »

Scan where the shot came from using the heat and X-ray.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11064 on: December 21, 2012, 07:23:02 pm »

Look for shooty man.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #11065 on: December 21, 2012, 11:21:07 pm »

It's unlikely at the very best that they've rigged something that will function if either the wire is pulled or cut, and if it's explosive based, the chances are down even further.

And even then, we already know of it. If one of us can get past it and find the actual trap, and not just the trigger mechanism, it'll be even easier to disarm.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #11066 on: December 22, 2012, 12:03:33 am »

"Are you volunteering yourself to go check?" Jim asked. "Because I'm not going to stand here and debate this all day, Simus. Either someone offers to go in the next thirty seconds or I pull the wire. Clock's ticking."

Jim will not, in fact, do his last action posted. For now.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11067 on: December 22, 2012, 12:12:56 am »

"Careful guys, you remember the prison door bomb?"

Hop into cover and watch the whole street for movement.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #11068 on: December 22, 2012, 01:28:39 am »

No time to separate you guys out. For Christmas I give you confusion!

Team D - Lukas - street D block

Lukas sees that his teammates encounter a locked door and he hops excitedly toward them. "Ooooh, let me handle that. Me, me me!" He turns to his teammates as he stands in front of the door. "Maybe you should step back. It could be boobytrapped again.hmmm, boobies!"

Open the locked door with the prison cell door.
Edit: Wait for Faith to do her knocking thing first.

((And yes, I still enjoy this very much. I very much like the universe you have created for us here.))
You wait to see how faith's thing doing works out.

[Team A Medic - Mesk]

"Oh, shit.  Good catch.  The defences mean that this place is, or was, important.  What's the plan, Jim?  I can probably disarm this, or we could just step over it and keep moving?"
Carefully study the tripwire.  Don't touch it.  In fact, stay a full meter away.
Follow Jim's lead, I guess.

You hollow jim's steed. Wait, what?

Jim herds everyone far from the tripwire - behind a building as well, if possible - and uses his MMA (...I should think of a better shorthand for that XD) to pull the tripwire.

[exo:2+1+1]

The tripwire shakes a bit. Nothing happens except for what sounds like bottles clinking together somewhere inside the building.

Team D Leader Faith, D Block

"If it's still locked there might be someone in there. We should knock first."

Patting the wall near the door loudly, Faith called inside.

"Hello? Anyone home? We're coming in, so don't fire."

Knock and call, then stand back for Lukas to play battering ram.

You knock on the door. Something crashes somewhere inside the house.

"Do these houses have windows? I've not really noticed any. Can't hurt to check... I hope."

Jobasio, keeping his gauss rifle held ready against his hip, shall check around the ground floor for any windows to give him a view of the inside. If there are, take a peek and let the others know what can be seen.
Level the gauss rifle at any non-HMRC figures I encounter, ready to fire should they make a hostile move.

((Merry Christmas/Cardgames/Endoftheworld, PW! :D))
There are windows on the ground floor, but it's dark inside. You try to shine your lights into the window but blind yourself with reflection.

Name:Flint/Deeper Scum - Team C - C block

"Strange that whoever killed him didn't also take the flamesprayer."

If nobody claims the flamethrower add it to the already large list of objects I am carrying. Keep exploring buildings for anything not burnt.

((I wouldn't be playing if I didn't like it.))

((@Anyone: Does anybody know what charisma is used for besides mind control amps? Is it used for persuade/charm/intimidate attempts? Is it used to inspire/preach to teammates? Is it used for winning elections? Is it used for flirting with armory masters?))

((Edit: Forum ate half my post))

You grab yourself the Flamesprayer, hefting it onto your back, and proceed to look around a bit more. There not much around here that doesn't look toasty.

((@Anyone: Does anybody know what charisma is used for besides mind control amps? Is it used for persuade/charm/intimidate attempts? Is it used to inspire/preach to teammates? Is it used for winning elections? Is it used for flirting with armory masters?))

((Yes. But it can entirely be circumvented by merely putting what you want to say in your post. It could also be used for lying convincingly even if you provide your exact words, I think (well, at least it makes sense to me), but I haven't seen it used in this way yet. I think the only time there's ever been a charisma roll in this game was when Elisaz flirted with the AM or when somebody specified that he wanted to make a certain impression.))

Stacy, Team C Radio, Next To Dead Person In Building.

"DIY mass murder. Interesting. Were the scientists desperate to kill off the people in the housing blocks, then? Looks like they were stretched both personnel and equipment-wise."

Carefully look around the unburnt house for any clue on who lived here, any distinct and unusual objects around. Wield pan as an impromptu shield if anyone tries to take me down. Also, give Miyamoto the frequency for the radio station.
There doesn't seem to be much around here that would tell you about the people who lived here. Well, at least nothing thats not charcoal at this point. Whoever brunt this place was thorough, obsessively so.

[Team B Leader=Milno]

"Anyone saw where that came from?" Milno asked preparing to head out and check once again.

Peek out, use the motion sensor to check if there is anything down the street. If nothing is found, start to advance slowly while checking the interior of every building, staying alert for traps.

Spoiler: A-B Teams (click to show/hide)
You peek out of your cover down the road. You think you see something, a momentary hotspot by the window up on the third story of a building down the street, but you can't be sure.

"Yes, your holiness!"

Stay in cover and observe.
You stay in cover and observe exactly as much as you can while standing in a house behind Milno. It's St.Milno's ass. This is what you are observing. You are observing his holy ass.

Feyri Nirel ; Team C Mercenary, Block C, behind Miyamoto.

"Signs of rotting, decomposition. This man has been dead for at least a week, count the months we've been away. It seems like...this place has been uninhabited for quite some time or else the dust would be disturbed around us. Or, someone would've tampered with the dead man.

"Miyamoto, permission to delve deeper, please."

Spoiler: Team C and D (click to show/hide)

((You post before preview, Paris? :P))

Name:Flint/Deeper Scum - Team C - C block

'Sure, go ahead. Be careful not to expose yourself though, he may be infected with whatever started this mess. In fact, although I'm sure you're all well aware of this, everybody keep your suits closed tight, and let me know if it ever gets ruptured or something.
Pancaek, would you please cover Miss Feyri while she works? Don't ask me why, but I don't have a good feeling about this. It's too... Quiet.

Stacy, Flint, keep exploring these houses. I will go secure the next street, seeing how I'm too bulky to be of any use here. Oh, and Stacy, what is the frequency of that signal you're recieving?

Tune in on the frequency Stacy gives me, then go to the next street (the one above our current one) and check it out.

You tune into stacy's channel and rock out to soft piano as you wander over to the next road. It looks the same, burnt to shit and empty, but there is one thing: The radio signal seems to be getting stronger and clearer.

'Sure, go ahead. Be careful not to expose yourself though, he may be infected with whatever started this mess. In fact, although I'm sure you're all well aware of this, everybody keep your suits closed tight, and let me know if it ever gets ruptured or something.
Pancaek, would you please cover Miss Feyri while she works? Don't ask me why, but I don't have a good feeling about this. It's too... Quiet.

Stacy, Flint, keep exploring these houses. I will go secure the next street, seeing how I'm too bulky to be of any use here. Oh, and Stacy, what is the frequency of that signal you're recieving?

Tune in on the frequency Stacy gives me, then go to the next street (the one above our current one) and check it out.

"Aye aye, Big spoon."

Leave the jury rigged disaster waiting to happen. Follow miss Feyri, looking out for any dangers

You cling to Feyri.

"So. Does jim have...like...you know...a...does it vibrate?"

Jim, don't trigger it, it would be better if we disarm it. If anyone here has a monorazor or other cutting implement, we should use that. Preferably the latter. Cut the wire, the trap's useless, unless they've managed to make it invert. Which is doubtful, at best.

Take cover whilst protesting, in case Jim proceeds anyways.
You take cover from the terrifying jingling bottles

WOOOOOOOOO!

Move out of the way, across the other side of the street, while Lucas opens the door with a door. Get one of my pistols ready, in case I have to charge back in if there's any resistance.

((I bagsy punching open the next house. Sambo doesn't get to fail horribly at something simple nearly often enough.))
You decide to stick with the group now that there's some sort of sounds inside the building.

Scan where the shot came from using the heat and X-ray.
Heat reveals a glimpse of heat from the same window that Milno noticed it from.

Look for shooty man.
You see no shooty man.

"Are you volunteering yourself to go check?" Jim asked. "Because I'm not going to stand here and debate this all day, Simus. Either someone offers to go in the next thirty seconds or I pull the wire. Clock's ticking."

Jim will not, in fact, do his last action posted. For now.

Too late robo-man.

"Careful guys, you remember the prison door bomb?"

Hop into cover and watch the whole street for movement.
You rocket jump through a window and, after pulling yourself out of a dresser, look around down both sides of the street. The only movement you see is other idiots Teammates.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #11069 on: December 22, 2012, 01:33:57 am »

(Ah, come on. I edited that an hour before you posted. :P)

Jim waits to see if there will be any reaction to the bottles.
Pages: 1 ... 736 737 [738] 739 740 ... 1256