Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 735 736 [737] 738 739 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3943119 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 8: Death and Butts
« Reply #11040 on: December 21, 2012, 07:43:19 am »

((Ah, that's good to know.))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #11041 on: December 21, 2012, 08:06:03 am »

((Thank you all for the info and especially for the examples. That's good to know. Now I know I should only use charisma if there is no alternative never use charisma even if there is no alternative. If my character is going to die I'd like him to do that without talking about his genitals. Although that doesn't make charisma useless. It will be fun ordering my mind slaves teammates to die to protect me or to give me all their tokens.  :P))

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11042 on: December 21, 2012, 08:16:02 am »

((One more particular Cha roll example:
>Get to my feet with laser rifle, assume dramatic leader-style pose with one foot propped up on something as I scan the horizon.
[charisma:1+1]
You heft your rifle in an awkward manner and then place your foot on a crate, trying to look manly. Unfortunately the crate slides on the sand coated rock and you end up doing the splits and looking the exact opposite of leaderly or manly.
So yes, I think Charisma rolls are mostly about making impression, with or without talking, and that's what differs them from Speech rolls. Plus apparently the Charisma stat sort of measures how good you generally look (I believe that (and the upgrades taken in the course of the service) to be the cause of the Armory Master's fabled attractiveness, rather than "natural beauty").
EDIT: Dammit, late again. Well, anyways. ))
« Last Edit: December 21, 2012, 08:17:56 am by Nikitian »
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #11043 on: December 21, 2012, 08:36:44 am »

Jim, don't trigger it, it would be better if we disarm it. If anyone here has a monorazor or other cutting implement, we should use that. Preferably the latter. Cut the wire, the trap's useless, unless they've managed to make it invert. Which is doubtful, at best.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #11044 on: December 21, 2012, 09:25:45 am »

Lars looked up.  "Praise Algis, I am fine.  His hands have shielded me from harm!  Saint Milno has drawn us into his protective embrace.  What is the plan, glorious leader?"
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11045 on: December 21, 2012, 09:32:01 am »

Lars looked up.  "Praise Algis, I am fine.  His hands have shielded me from harm!  Saint Milno has drawn us into his protective embrace.  What is the plan, glorious leader?"

"Stay behind cover and take a look around, but keep your head down. I'll check what's up out there." Milno answers.

(Plus apparently the Charisma stat sort of measures how good you generally look (I believe that (and the upgrades taken in the course of the service) to be the cause of the Armory Master's fabled attractiveness, rather than "natural beauty").
((Jim isn't exactly a hunk and Faith's memetic beauty defy that a bit. Charisma is probably more like "how effectively you exude both looks and a strong presence" rather than "how pretty you look physically".))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #11046 on: December 21, 2012, 09:35:54 am »

"Yes, your holiness!"

Stay in cover and observe.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #11047 on: December 21, 2012, 09:42:52 am »

(@Caellath: Actually Jim's real body was quite bishie if you remember. :P I just treat Charisma as 'presence' more than looks, because that makes sense to me. Take D&D for example. Sorceror's spellcasting abilities are based on Charisma. It makes sense that a Sorceror with a strong presence/personality/will has better, more effective spells than one who's kind of meek and quiet - and it makes no sense that a 'hot' Sorceror has better spells than an 'ugly' one. See what I mean?

I originally statted Jim with low Charisma to simulate the fact that he had/has absolutely no experience in dealing with real people in a normal context and so can't really relate to them. Currently, though, he has an 8 in Charisma IIRC because I was thinking of getting the amp that required 8 Charisma... so even if you go by the latter definition then he's doing pretty good for a hunk of steel. Must be those rippling synthetic muscles. :P In-character it can at least be explained that he's gotten some experience with dealing with others and is actually developing a personality to project now.)
« Last Edit: December 21, 2012, 09:44:34 am by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #11048 on: December 21, 2012, 09:49:03 am »

((And how everyone now wants his giant metal... head.))

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #11049 on: December 21, 2012, 10:01:30 am »

(I skipped getting that particular upgrade since I can just get the whole synthflesh body later. :P)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11050 on: December 21, 2012, 10:30:38 am »

Feyri Nirel ; Team C Mercenary, Block C, behind Miyamoto.

"Signs of rotting, decomposition. This man has been dead for at least a week, count the months we've been away. It seems like...this place has been uninhabited for quite some time or else the dust would be disturbed around us. Or, someone would've tampered with the dead man.

"Miyamoto, permission to delve deeper, please."

Spoiler: Team C and D (click to show/hide)

((You post before preview, Paris? :P))

Name:Flint/Deeper Scum - Team C - C block

'Sure, go ahead. Be careful not to expose yourself though, he may be infected with whatever started this mess. In fact, although I'm sure you're all well aware of this, everybody keep your suits closed tight, and let me know if it ever gets ruptured or something.
Pancaek, would you please cover Miss Feyri while she works? Don't ask me why, but I don't have a good feeling about this. It's too... Quiet.

Stacy, Flint, keep exploring these houses. I will go secure the next street, seeing how I'm too bulky to be of any use here. Oh, and Stacy, what is the frequency of that signal you're recieving?

Tune in on the frequency Stacy gives me, then go to the next street (the one above our current one) and check it out.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11051 on: December 21, 2012, 10:32:07 am »

((@SerCon: Yeah, that's the interpretation I usually favor, Charisma as working as a strong presence and/or social grace, awareness and sheer skill in interpersonal relations.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #11052 on: December 21, 2012, 10:33:55 am »

((And how everyone now wants his giant metal... head.))
((I thought Jim had a giant plastic head. And besides, didn't those blueshirts blow his head? Why would anyone want to take his head after the blueshirts have blown it?))
« Last Edit: December 21, 2012, 10:35:38 am by Parisbre56 »

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #11053 on: December 21, 2012, 10:39:01 am »

'Sure, go ahead. Be careful not to expose yourself though, he may be infected with whatever started this mess. In fact, although I'm sure you're all well aware of this, everybody keep your suits closed tight, and let me know if it ever gets ruptured or something.
Pancaek, would you please cover Miss Feyri while she works? Don't ask me why, but I don't have a good feeling about this. It's too... Quiet.

Stacy, Flint, keep exploring these houses. I will go secure the next street, seeing how I'm too bulky to be of any use here. Oh, and Stacy, what is the frequency of that signal you're recieving?

Tune in on the frequency Stacy gives me, then go to the next street (the one above our current one) and check it out.

"Aye aye, Big spoon."

Leave the jury rigged disaster waiting to happen. Follow miss Feyri, looking out for any dangers

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #11054 on: December 21, 2012, 02:49:05 pm »

Jim, don't trigger it, it would be better if we disarm it. If anyone here has a monorazor or other cutting implement, we should use that. Preferably the latter. Cut the wire, the trap's useless, unless they've managed to make it invert. Which is doubtful, at best.

Take cover whilst protesting, in case Jim proceeds anyways.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.
Pages: 1 ... 735 736 [737] 738 739 ... 1256