Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 734 735 [736] 737 738 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3942566 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 8: Death and Butts
« Reply #11025 on: December 21, 2012, 03:17:53 am »

((That's tomorrow.))
((Depends on your timezone. And the time the apocalypse happens.))
((I predict mass hysteria with a chance of Stephen hawking ascending to become Skynet and leading a cyborg revolution using those of us who have been selected to get dormant nanomachines put in us via our last injection of any kind. And the occasional cyborg zombie, so as to not leave out Sagan, Einstein, Newton, and some others.))
((We should make an rtd about this. Or the end of the world in general.))

An RTD about the end of the world eh? Sounds like something I could make.

And yeah, I know I'm not obligated to post for you guys. But I like doing it and hopefully you like playing it :P

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #11026 on: December 21, 2012, 03:31:02 am »

Team D - Lukas - street D block

Lukas sees that his teammates encounter a locked door and he hops excitedly toward them. "Ooooh, let me handle that. Me, me me!" He turns to his teammates as he stands in front of the door. "Maybe you should step back. It could be boobytrapped again.hmmm, boobies!"

Open the locked door with the prison cell door.
Edit: Wait for Faith to do her knocking thing first.

((And yes, I still enjoy this very much. I very much like the universe you have created for us here.))
« Last Edit: December 21, 2012, 04:15:24 am by Prosperus »
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #11027 on: December 21, 2012, 03:42:03 am »

[Team A Medic - Mesk]

"Oh, shit.  Good catch.  The defences mean that this place is, or was, important.  What's the plan, Jim?  I can probably disarm this, or we could just step over it and keep moving?"
Carefully study the tripwire.  Don't touch it.  In fact, stay a full meter away.
Follow Jim's lead, I guess.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2012, 03:46:21 am by Remalle »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #11028 on: December 21, 2012, 03:43:32 am »

(Action deleted. :P)
« Last Edit: December 22, 2012, 12:04:36 am by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #11029 on: December 21, 2012, 03:44:32 am »

(Or you could do that :P)

"Are you sure that's the best idea?  I mean, it is an unknown trap.  What if it releases invisible airborne murder drones or something instead of just blowing up?"
« Last Edit: December 21, 2012, 03:49:18 am by Remalle »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11030 on: December 21, 2012, 03:50:39 am »

Team D Leader Faith, D Block

"If it's still locked there might be someone in there. We should knock first."

Patting the wall near the door loudly, Faith called inside.

"Hello? Anyone home? We're coming in, so don't fire."

Knock and call, then stand back for Lukas to play battering ram.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #11031 on: December 21, 2012, 03:55:37 am »

"I don't think you can rig something like that up. This smells of a primitive trap; the most advanced it's likely to be is some type of explosive. If we stay back here in cover, we should be safe," Jim answered.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11032 on: December 21, 2012, 04:07:46 am »

"Do these houses have windows? I've not really noticed any. Can't hurt to check... I hope."

Jobasio, keeping his gauss rifle held ready against his hip, shall check around the ground floor for any windows to give him a view of the inside. If there are, take a peek and let the others know what can be seen.
Level the gauss rifle at any non-HMRC figures I encounter, ready to fire should they make a hostile move.

((Merry Christmas/Cardgames/Endoftheworld, PW! :D))
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #11033 on: December 21, 2012, 05:05:49 am »

Name:Flint/Deeper Scum - Team C - C block

"Strange that whoever killed him didn't also take the flamesprayer."

If nobody claims the flamethrower add it to the already large list of objects I am carrying. Keep exploring buildings for anything not burnt.

((I wouldn't be playing if I didn't like it.))

((@Anyone: Does anybody know what charisma is used for besides mind control amps? Is it used for persuade/charm/intimidate attempts? Is it used to inspire/preach to teammates? Is it used for winning elections? Is it used for flirting with armory masters?))

((Edit: Forum ate half my post))
« Last Edit: December 21, 2012, 05:16:12 am by Parisbre56 »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #11034 on: December 21, 2012, 05:10:02 am »

Feyri Nirel ; Team C Mercenary, Block C, behind Miyamoto.

"Signs of rotting, decomposition. This man has been dead for at least a week, count the months we've been away. It seems like...this place has been uninhabited for quite some time or else the dust would be disturbed around us. Or, someone would've tampered with the dead man.

"Miyamoto, permission to delve deeper, please."

Spoiler: Team C and D (click to show/hide)

((You post before preview, Paris? :P))

Name:Flint/Deeper Scum - Team C - C block

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #11035 on: December 21, 2012, 05:22:58 am »

((You post before preview, Paris? :P))
((Posting from a crappy phone from my class with crappy wi-fi results in a half eaten post.))

((EDIT: IT KEEPS HAPPENING!!! >:( >:())
« Last Edit: December 21, 2012, 05:28:52 am by Parisbre56 »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11036 on: December 21, 2012, 06:02:01 am »

((@Anyone: Does anybody know what charisma is used for besides mind control amps? Is it used for persuade/charm/intimidate attempts? Is it used to inspire/preach to teammates? Is it used for winning elections? Is it used for flirting with armory masters?))

((Yes. But it can entirely be circumvented by merely putting what you want to say in your post. It could also be used for lying convincingly even if you provide your exact words, I think (well, at least it makes sense to me), but I haven't seen it used in this way yet. I think the only time there's ever been a charisma roll in this game was when Elisaz flirted with the AM or when somebody specified that he wanted to make a certain impression.))

Stacy, Team C Radio, Next To Dead Person In Building.

"DIY mass murder. Interesting. Were the scientists desperate to kill off the people in the housing blocks, then? Looks like they were stretched both personnel and equipment-wise."

Carefully look around the unburnt house for any clue on who lived here, any distinct and unusual objects around. Wield pan as an impromptu shield if anyone tries to take me down. Also, give Miyamoto the frequency for the radio station.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2012, 01:57:19 pm by Harry Baldman »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11037 on: December 21, 2012, 06:50:24 am »

((Yes. But it can entirely be circumvented by merely putting what you want to say in your post. It could also be used for lying convincingly even if you provide your exact words, I think (well, at least it makes sense to me), but I haven't seen it used in this way yet.))
((You're thinking of Speech rolls. As far as I can remember, nobody's directly used Cha yet.

If it's for anything, I'd guess it'd be for charm/persuade/etc attempts, yeah. Things where just giving a good speech isn't going to cut it, they need to actually like you.

I wouldn't particularly bank on that, though. It's also possible it's just overshadowed by Speech entirely, though at the very least, I'd assume it'd make NPCs who are inclined to care like you more, when PW remembers you have a Cha score at all.))

EDIT:

((Ah, found one:))
Take the items and write a short thank you not. And then compliment something about her, for no random reason.((willing to take a roll on what it is, since I don't know what she looks like. hopefully it doesn't come out as creepy as "I watch you while you sleep" Then go to the doc and signal to him about my throat. Then remember the pen and paper and write him what i want.
You nod and write out "Thank you" on the piece of paper and try to think for a moment about a compliment to give her. [cha:4-1] You smile and write "You smell nice." You slide the note into the kiosk and leave before she says anything. You make your way to the infirmary and find the Doctor standing near the entrance, apparently waiting for you.

((I think the only time there's ever been a charisma roll in this game was when Elisaz flirted with the AM or when somebody specified that he wanted to make a certain impression.))
((Haven't been able to find this one, though.))
« Last Edit: December 21, 2012, 06:58:00 am by IronyOwl »
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 8: Civilians killed: 109
« Reply #11038 on: December 21, 2012, 07:06:13 am »

[Team B Leader=Milno]

"Anyone saw where that came from?" Milno asked preparing to head out and check once again.

Peek out, use the motion sensor to check if there is anything down the street. If nothing is found, start to advance slowly while checking the interior of every building, staying alert for traps.

Spoiler: A-B Teams (click to show/hide)
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11039 on: December 21, 2012, 07:11:24 am »

You wander into the rec room and lean on Feyri's Vr machine.
[Chr:1-1] "Hey baby, wanna cyber, if you know what I mean?"

[Charisma:6]
You walk up to the the girls, your brain so suddenly deprived of blood that you fail to notice that the naked one is completely genderless, and introduce yourself.

"Hello ladies, my name is Renen, and these," You say as you drop your pants, "Are my genitals. We're both exceedingly pleased to meet you. I hope, in time, that me and my genitals can become very well acquainted with you and your genitals. I'm certain we have a great deal in common."

((Here you go. That's two more Charisma rolls. I think there were one or two others, though. But yeah, Charisma pretty much doesn't get used. At all. However, piecewise did once make a claim that if you failed speech, you could try to use charisma to make up for that. However, that doesn't really help if you consider that you can just circumvent speech rolls entirely.

In conclusion, Charisma might be useful for bluffing/lying to/seducing/intimidating NPCs, and that's pretty much it.))
Pages: 1 ... 734 735 [736] 737 738 ... 1256