Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 733 734 [735] 736 737 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3941056 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 8: Death and Butts
« Reply #11010 on: December 19, 2012, 09:06:20 pm »

"Heh. Well, I'd assume they'd have taken all their valuables with them... but it never hurts to check."
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #11011 on: December 20, 2012, 10:52:06 am »

((Feyri is a master of diplomacy.   :D ))

((Indeed. She should not quit diplomacy! She has a knack for it. The HMRC kind of diplomacy in particular.))

((Feyri Diplomacy: it may very well be the end of you.))
((Oh you guys. Thanks ^^))

Feyri Nirel ; Team C Mercenary, Block C, behind Miyamoto.

Feyri tapped the side of her Sabre as she looked on. "Err, right. That thing is a flamethrower. Miyamoto, how sure that the man even carries a flamethrower into this area, only to be stabbed by a knife at close range, in this sort of quarters.

"Pancaek, ensure that there is no leaking gas or any source of flame nearby if it is a flamethrower. As for our victim, or victor, if I may follow your thinking, let's see who and what his origins are. Also, a hazmat suit is not equal to a biohazard suit."

Examine the white biohazard suit for any signifying insignia, as well as any nameplates or identifying symbols. Try to carefully open the suit, if my ally cannot act appropriately by borrowing someone's [KNIFE] tool beginning near the wound area.

Examine wound and other important details - including the facial expression and glance around for any movement/suspicious notice nearby.

Spoiler: Team C and D (click to show/hide)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #11012 on: December 20, 2012, 03:15:29 pm »

I was gonna do a post here but I only got it half done and I have to leave. I'll be up with one tonight though. Sorry.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #11013 on: December 20, 2012, 03:56:32 pm »

((No need to apologize. It's not like it's the end of the world. Oh, wait...

Seriously just enjoy your vacation. No need to worry about us.))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #11014 on: December 20, 2012, 04:05:03 pm »

+1
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11015 on: December 20, 2012, 04:15:44 pm »

((I support this message! And since I forgot to say this previously: happy holidays, piecewise.))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11016 on: December 20, 2012, 04:19:33 pm »

((Well, no problem. Do enjoy your holidays, we can wait.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #11017 on: December 20, 2012, 04:23:28 pm »

(( Happy End of the World Day everyone!

Or Mayan calendar update day. Whatever. I do understand though, sometimes I don't update my calendar for a few days after the month changes. They're just efficient in the sense of having millenia long times between having to flick that page over, instead of yearly cycles. Understandable when you're chiselling the damn things in stone.

But to be on the safe side, I think I'll try and have me some sex. No looting, just sex. ))
It's a game. Have fun.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #11018 on: December 20, 2012, 04:33:07 pm »

((Happy End of the World Day everyone!))

((That's tomorrow. I predict mass hysteria with a chance of Stephen hawking ascending to become Skynet and leading a cyborg revolution using those of us who have been selected to get dormant nanomachines put in us via our last injection of any kind. And the occasional cyborg zombie, so as to not leave out Sagan, Einstein, Newton, and some others.

And PW, don't feel like you're obligated to update for us, you're not. Just enjoy yourself, we're fine with or without ER.))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #11019 on: December 20, 2012, 04:46:13 pm »

((All the more reason to get your flu shot!))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #11020 on: December 20, 2012, 04:56:15 pm »

((That's tomorrow.))
((Depends on your timezone. And the time the apocalypse happens.))
((I predict mass hysteria with a chance of Stephen hawking ascending to become Skynet and leading a cyborg revolution using those of us who have been selected to get dormant nanomachines put in us via our last injection of any kind. And the occasional cyborg zombie, so as to not leave out Sagan, Einstein, Newton, and some others.))
((We should make an rtd about this. Or the end of the world in general.))
« Last Edit: December 20, 2012, 05:14:18 pm by Parisbre56 »

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #11021 on: December 20, 2012, 05:30:04 pm »

((I might try my hand at being a RTD GM. I suck at normal forum games, but I might be able to work with the RTD system.))
« Last Edit: December 20, 2012, 05:32:02 pm by PyroDesu »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11022 on: December 20, 2012, 05:36:18 pm »

((Curses. Foiled by Bridge again. :P))

((I might try my hand at being a RTD GM. I suck at normal forum games, but I might be able to work with the RTD system.))
((This is really something we already knew, but I'd say minimalist RTDs proved once and for all that anyone can run something using RTD rules.))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #11023 on: December 20, 2012, 05:57:01 pm »

((This is really something we already knew, but I'd say minimalist RTDs proved once and for all that anyone can run something using RTD rules.))

((Only real hard part I can think of at the moment is that my writing is not consistent.

That and the fact that I'm terrible at balance. Killed the suggestion games I tried, and the RTD system only relieves some of it.))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #11024 on: December 21, 2012, 03:14:32 am »

Team A
"Quarantined house. I doubt the plague is still active, but let's not touch anything to be on the safe side. I also get the feeling we're not going to find much in a house-by-house sweep, so let's look for the biggest building we can and search that instead. If there are any survivors left to be found here, they would probably be there." Jim stepped outside and suited action to word, looking for the biggest building in the area.

"Ok, if you want."
Follow.

((Happy holidays, PW, and may you enjoy endless card games with grandma.  :P))

Makes sense, Jim. Though we probably should still check in the individual residences on our way back.

Follow along.

The largest building is what looks like a apartment of sorts near the end of the main street. The group moves toward it carefully, half expecting to be fired upon at any second, but the silence remains unbroken. The Apartment building itself has a double door thats been propped open.

They are about to move through it when Jim notices something: A glint of wire pulled taunt at ankle height across the doorway.

"Tripwire."

Team B

((Happy holidays, piecewise (and everyone else as well).))

[Team B Leader=Milno]

"Well, some sound at last." Milno said, moving towards Lars to protect the crazy preacher from any more fire. "Everyone, take cover, now."

Move in to protect Lars from further fire and drag him to cover. Try to pinpoint the enemy location and discern how many are there.

Spoiler: A-B Teams (click to show/hide)

((Merry Christmas everyone!))

"Steve, save me!  Algis, shield me!  Allow your humble servant to spread your word!"

Be flat on my ass and hopefully not bleeding out.

((Happy holidays!))
Duck for cover! Covering fire!

"I was starting to wonder if there was anyone still down here.", Kyle remarked drily.

"Hang on there Lars, I'll get to you as soon as I can. Milno, do you see anything on the motion tracker?"

Check to see where that shot came from, then get behind cover and wait for Milno to take Lars behind cover. Once that's done, take a fast/safe route to Lars if it would be non-suicidal, and check his wound.

((Would a low-quality gauss pistol actually penetrate a standard robot body?))

Milno sweeps Lars under the cover of his cloak and jets them both into cover as everyone else scatters, diving into doorways or through windows. Thomas grabs May with one arm and fires randomly down the street as he drags them both to cover.

"Where'd it come from?!"

"Don't know, somewhere down the street!"

Lars, panicking after milno threw him down inside the building they took cover in, runs his hands across his chest and find the place the bullet impacted: a dent where a low caliber round expended itself against his police armor.

No further shots follow the first and the road becomes silent once more.

Team C

'Pancaek, would you check out this guy's flamethrower please, you seem to have a knack for that. Stacy, any luck with that radio signal yet? 

Keep exploring.

((Happy hollidays to all ya'll))

Stacy, Team C Cook, Block C, In A Strangely Unburnt Building.

"Ooh, another dead hazmat person! Wonder what's in the tank?"

Look for some kind of marking or other clue on the contents of the tank. Remove the tank if necessary. Let Pancaek handle the tank. He seems trustworthy enough. Also, try to determine how immediately fatal the knife wound might have been (as in, would it have punctured the heart, lungs or something else that's important).

"Wonder if they were moving alone or in groups? Probably alone, considering that this place is still unburnt. Which also means that whoever stabbed this fellow may still be at large around here."

Make sure to keep listening to the radio broadcast as well.

((Feyri is a master of diplomacy.   :D ))

((Indeed. She should not quit diplomacy! She has a knack for it. The HMRC kind of diplomacy in particular.))

((Feyri Diplomacy: it may very well be the end of you.))
((Oh you guys. Thanks ^^))

Feyri Nirel ; Team C Mercenary, Block C, behind Miyamoto.

Feyri tapped the side of her Sabre as she looked on. "Err, right. That thing is a flamethrower. Miyamoto, how sure that the man even carries a flamethrower into this area, only to be stabbed by a knife at close range, in this sort of quarters.

"Pancaek, ensure that there is no leaking gas or any source of flame nearby if it is a flamethrower. As for our victim, or victor, if I may follow your thinking, let's see who and what his origins are. Also, a hazmat suit is not equal to a biohazard suit."

Examine the white biohazard suit for any signifying insignia, as well as any nameplates or identifying symbols. Try to carefully open the suit, if my ally cannot act appropriately by borrowing someone's [KNIFE] tool beginning near the wound area.

Examine wound and other important details - including the facial expression and glance around for any movement/suspicious notice nearby.

Spoiler: Team C and D (click to show/hide)

'Pancaek, would you check out this guy's flamethrower please, you seem to have a knack for that. Stacy, any luck with that radio signal yet? 

Keep exploring.

((Happy hollidays to all ya'll))

"Aye aye, big spoon. One liquid death squirtgun checkup, coming up."

check if the hazmat guy is, in fact, dead. Carefully inspect the hazmat guy for anything of use. Carefully check the tank and spray gun to determine exacly what it is. Carefully remove it if it seems safe.

((Happy holidays to everyone!))

((Somebody said something about a cliffhanger?))

Name:Flint/Deeper Scum - Team C - Housing block C, near a flamethrower

"Well, here's our culprit. But why would anyone do something like that?"

Search the body for clues of who it was. Then keep on rocking searching the buildings.

The only distinguishing marks the group can find on the body is a great big, block letter word on the back of the suit that says "MEDICAL". Other then that the man in the suit, rotten by now, is completely unidentifiable from any other. He has no jewelry, no wallet, no name tag, nothing. As per the wound in his chest, it looks like the knife got him either in the heart or near it and it was probably either instantly or very quickly fatal. After careful inspection of the tank and spray system it becomes obvious that it's a flamethrower of sorts, jury-rigged out of what appears to be an industrial drum, plastic hosing, a spray head and...is that a Bunsen burner? It looks...iffy.

As per the radio station, it continues to play music, transferring directly from one song into another without pause.

Miyamoto, unable to enter any building because of his bulk, wanders to the end of the street looking for signs of life but finds none.

Team D

Team D Vegetable Faith, Block D

"Uh, what? OH! Uh, good job guys. Sorry about that," Faith said, shaking herself out of her loot stupor. "I'm uh, guessing this was one of the nicer places until everyone died.

Guess we should try to announce ourselves? If there's anyone left, it's probably people who couldn't escape but weren't killed."

She cranked up her speakers for what she assumed would be another futile broadcast.

"Attention survivors. We are an outside force brought in to evacuate all survivors and neutralize any hostiles. If anyone's still alive in here, this is your ticket out."

Follow allies, diplomacy at the darkness.

((Enjoy your holidays, Piecewise))

Team D - Lukas - Out on the streets of D block

"Heh, nothing." Lukas wanders back to the house just breached by his teammates and decides to stand guard outside the door.

Stand guard

((Happy holidays everyone!))

"Right, Sambo, come with me. We're gonna do a quick check of the whole house. Then we can move onto the next one."

Grab Sambo and clear the house, room by room. When we're done, head on over to the next house and breach again.
Check first house for any datapads or clues to why they moved out and left all their stuff. Check for any valuables as well and steal them. If there's nothing interesting, move with Bishop to the next house. Try and make sure there's no explosives rigged to the door and open it.

"Faith? There might be some "evidence" in here to aquire. This place looks pretty well-to-do."

The group, besides Lukas who stands around outside keeping watch, searches the building. Each room is more of the same; mostly intact but clearly a bit tousled: Drawers left open, closets cleaned out, even a few suitcases laying open, either empty or partially full. It's clear that the inhabitants of this building were going somewhere, but there's no real indication as to where they are going or why, no datapads or chips, no notes or clues beyond what you already found.

The group moves out of the building and off to the next one down the road, finding this one locked.
Pages: 1 ... 733 734 [735] 736 737 ... 1256