Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 731 732 [733] 734 735 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3941706 times)

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 8: Death and Butts
« Reply #10980 on: December 18, 2012, 05:51:06 pm »

"You think it might be a gang?"
Follow Milno, examine the area and try to get a general feel for what happened.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #10981 on: December 18, 2012, 06:00:33 pm »

Jim leaves and leads the team into the next house down.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Nicholas1024

• Bay Watcher
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #10982 on: December 18, 2012, 08:01:22 pm »

"I'm guessing that this group tried to be diplomatic and a non-violent safe haven for pretty much anyone that wanted it. Apparently some other groups disagreed with their policy."

Continue exploration, stay close to the group, etc.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #10983 on: December 18, 2012, 08:29:22 pm »

Maximum volume through external PA systems:

Attention inhabitants of Habitation Block A, we are coming in to extract you. If you resist, we have full discretion to open fire, with devastating force. Come out, and you will be sent topside in a Peacekeeper APC, and become their responsibility. Do not make this more difficult than it needs to be. Once again, we have been sent to pull you out, so the UWM forces topside can come in and figure out what happened here without interference.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2012, 09:01:17 pm by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10984 on: December 18, 2012, 09:28:47 pm »

Bishop nodded, eyeing the size of his mechanical teammate standing next to him. "Right. Keep a lookout for trouble. Just because we can't see any, doesn't mean it's not there."

Get the rest of the group in gear and head with Lukas. Get the lot of them to stop by the first house and grab two people to breach it with me to head inside and clear it. Doesn't matter who it is, as long as they can fit inside and it's not Lukas.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #10985 on: December 18, 2012, 09:51:46 pm »

Follow.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #10986 on: December 18, 2012, 10:23:03 pm »

Assist Bishop in breaching the first house. Turn kinetic amp on, punch door hard.

"Oi, we're here to help!"
It's a game. Have fun.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10987 on: December 18, 2012, 10:30:07 pm »

Knife Party. Safely.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10988 on: December 18, 2012, 10:35:18 pm »

((The scarier version of Tupperware parties?
But wait, there's more........))
It's a game. Have fun.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10989 on: December 18, 2012, 11:12:45 pm »

((sorry for the double post, I'll only do it repeatedly.

Just for a laugh, at this time of year, when we're all getting closer to our friends, family and loved ones, a picture for the mind...... A picture of Sambo.

A mid height, stocky, slightly asiatic looking bloke, with a penis drawn on his face. His visor still has blood splatters from his coughing after a chest wound, no doubt coagulated now, all on the inside of the glass. His chest is a slight mess of bloodstains and medi-spooge delivered by Faith. On his back he has a sledgehammer and a bag of somewhat dubiously stained bandages. He also has a military-grade laser rifle and a sniper rifle on his back, both large and obvious weapons, with one of them being recognizable in it's design and function to the locals. At his belt, a bloodied meat cleaver (the blood being from it's former owner), a roll of gaffer-tape and two pistols.
He just punched in some poor cunt's front door with a physics-defying boxing glove.
I really hope they don't celebrate Xmas in the place that we've ended up in, but god-dammit, Sambo's just going to have raise his visor to add to the fear factor. The funny thing is, Sambo's one of the least terrifying people that the residents will meet from the HMRC.
Merry Xmas all. ))
« Last Edit: December 18, 2012, 11:22:16 pm by sambojin »
It's a game. Have fun.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10990 on: December 19, 2012, 12:20:58 am »

"Oh, erm, well let's get going then, shall we."
Jobasio snapped out of his trance, stuffed his datapad back in his bag and moved to follow the others as he slipped his rifle down from his shoulder to a ready position. By this point he hardly noticed the bodies scattered around. He just did his best not to look at them and that seemed to help. He nodded towards the others as he dropped to a crouch across from the door they selected.
"Alright, I'll cover you. Try and move aside as soon as the door is dealt with, just in case."

>As the others breach the door, train my gauss rifle at the newly-made entrance, ready to shoot anyone who might fire on us.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #10991 on: December 19, 2012, 02:12:09 am »

Last post before my Christmas Vacation begins and My normal fairly common posting schedule gets completely fucked up. From Now till the 5th my posts could be anything from scattered to non-existent depending on internet situations and if my grandma demands we all play cards for 10 hours.

Team A

Jim leaves and leads the team into the next house down.

Maximum volume through external PA systems:

Attention inhabitants of Habitation Block A, we are coming in to extract you. If you resist, we have full discretion to open fire, with devastating force. Come out, and you will be sent topside in a Peacekeeper APC, and become their responsibility. Do not make this more difficult than it needs to be. Once again, we have been sent to pull you out, so the UWM forces topside can come in and figure out what happened here without interference.

Follow.

The team enters another house, this one with a red X painted over the door. There are several bodies in here,each wrapped in a airtight plastic seal and placed near door in an orderly fashion. The house itself is almost completely untouched: the bathroom sink is a bloody mess, as are the beds and one of the couches. Tissues coated with a hardened mix of blood and mucus lay in piles near the couch and bed. This and a general disarray in the kitchen are the only signs of anything off, otherwise the house looks as though the occupants simply stepped out.

Team B

[Team B Leader=Milno]

Milno looked around for a moment before closing on the bodies to check on them.
"Eh, shit's too quiet."

Try to check where the shots have come from (direction and height) and analyze the caliber of the guns used, trying to discover if they were just civilian rifles. Pay attention to the buildings and landscape as well to see if there any cuts and indents that seem to indicate heavier weaponry and/or mining lasers.

Spoiler: A-B Teams (click to show/hide)

Search the bodies for further clues.

Knife Party. Safely.

"I'm guessing that this group tried to be diplomatic and a non-violent safe haven for pretty much anyone that wanted it. Apparently some other groups disagreed with their policy."

Continue exploration, stay close to the group, etc.

"You think it might be a gang?"
Follow Milno, examine the area and try to get a general feel for what happened.

Kyle wanders off to examine the building directly to the right while the rest of the team tries to figure out what happened with the men who were gunned down. Judging from the quantity of impacts around the area and their direction it looks like all the shots were fired from either the entrance to the Housing block or somewhere close to it. The impacts all look to be from lower caliber weapons, probably civ gauss rifles or pistols, not energy weapons. However, it doesn't look random, like a fire fight. It seems like these men were standing in a crowd and that the shooters, all standing in the street, probably shoulder to shoulder or at least  in a group just opened fire.  Judging from the rest f the scene it doesn't look like these guys shot back either.

Kyle wanders back out of the building a moment later. "Looks like someone was trying to  barricade the place; pushed the furniture against the windows and barred the doors. No sign of anyone though."

Lars opens his mouth to say something no doubt Theologically "insightful" but stops when a bullet catches him square in the chest.

Team C

Keep sweeping the northern part. Pick up/examine anything that looks interesting/useful. If the first block is sweeped, do the one behind that.

'You found something Stacy? Good work, try to find out what it is/who it comes from, and perhaps attempt to contact whoever is on the other side, if possible.

Rest of the squad, keep going.'

Name:Flint/Deeper Scum - Team C - Housing block C, in a building

"In spy movies whenever the bad guy is broadcasting the good guy sometimes tries to triangulate the signal, whatever the hell that is. Any of you science guys know how to do that?"

Keep following the leader. See if the radio has some sort of signal power indicator. If so, use it with whoever else volunteers to try to triangulate the signal, to at least get a rough estimate of the direction it's coming from.

There isn't any sort of radio signal strength indicator on the suit so the team continues  to explore in search of anything of interest or possibly homicidal intent in the buildings. They don't have to go far before they find something: a body laying in a strangely unburnt section of a building. The body is wearing a white bio-hazard suit and has what looks like an enormous metal tank on it's back, with what looks like a spraying wand connected to it. The man's white suit is stained dark on his chest where the handle of a knife is sticking out from between is ribs.

Team D

"Oh, erm, well let's get going then, shall we."
Jobasio snapped out of his trance, stuffed his datapad back in his bag and moved to follow the others as he slipped his rifle down from his shoulder to a ready position. By this point he hardly noticed the bodies scattered around. He just did his best not to look at them and that seemed to help. He nodded towards the others as he dropped to a crouch across from the door they selected.
"Alright, I'll cover you. Try and move aside as soon as the door is dealt with, just in case."

>As the others breach the door, train my gauss rifle at the newly-made entrance, ready to shoot anyone who might fire on us.
Bishop nodded, eyeing the size of his mechanical teammate standing next to him. "Right. Keep a lookout for trouble. Just because we can't see any, doesn't mean it's not there."

Get the rest of the group in gear and head with Lukas. Get the lot of them to stop by the first house and grab two people to breach it with me to head inside and clear it. Doesn't matter who it is, as long as they can fit inside and it's not Lukas.
Team D - Lukas - Street beyond doors D block

Lukas briefly inspects his surroundings before turning to Bishop. "We'll, let's get to it. Maybe it is best if you explore the buildings while I explore the streets."

Explore streets but keep close to the rest of the team.

Assist Bishop in breaching the first house. Turn kinetic amp on, punch door hard.

"Oi, we're here to help!"

Lukas starts meandering his giant ass down the street while the rest of the team attempts to breach the nearest home. Rather then punching and blasting their way in, someone gets the bright idea to try to door and finds it unlocked. The building itself is a home, rather large and clearly for one or more families with several children. The home looks almost completely untouched; some things have clearly been moved and taken, clothing laying near closets along with  a great amount of empty hangers, cabinets emptied, and the like. It seems like the residents just packed up and left somewhere. 

Lukas wanders several buildings down on the road but doesn't find anything of any real interest.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10992 on: December 19, 2012, 02:19:37 am »

Stacy, Team C Cook, Block C, In A Strangely Unburnt Building.

"Ooh, another dead hazmat person! Wonder what's in the tank?"

Look for some kind of marking or other clue on the contents of the tank. Remove the tank if necessary. Let Pancaek handle the tank. He seems trustworthy enough. Also, try to determine how immediately fatal the knife wound might have been (as in, would it have punctured the heart, lungs or something else that's important).

"Wonder if they were moving alone or in groups? Probably alone, considering that this place is still unburnt. Which also means that whoever stabbed this fellow may still be at large around here."

Make sure to keep listening to the radio broadcast as well.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2012, 03:29:22 pm by Harry Baldman »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #10993 on: December 19, 2012, 02:22:44 am »

"Quarantined house. I doubt the plague is still active, but let's not touch anything to be on the safe side. I also get the feeling we're not going to find much in a house-by-house sweep, so let's look for the biggest building we can and search that instead. If there are any survivors left to be found here, they would probably be there." Jim stepped outside and suited action to word, looking for the biggest building in the area.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10994 on: December 19, 2012, 02:39:30 am »

Team D Vegetable Faith, Block D

"Uh, what? OH! Uh, good job guys. Sorry about that," Faith said, shaking herself out of her loot stupor. "I'm uh, guessing this was one of the nicer places until everyone died.

Guess we should try to announce ourselves? If there's anyone left, it's probably people who couldn't escape but weren't killed."

She cranked up her speakers for what she assumed would be another futile broadcast.

"Attention survivors. We are an outside force brought in to evacuate all survivors and neutralize any hostiles. If anyone's still alive in here, this is your ticket out."

Follow allies, diplomacy at the darkness.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.
Pages: 1 ... 731 732 [733] 734 735 ... 1256